Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Holy poo poo I don't think I've ever heard this bit before, it is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7lqb7YGUsI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, I've never heard that before, that's tremendous. Some of those choices :barf:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

How could this caller trying to win birthday show tickets not remember how much Ronnie likes to take a nice drink?

Michael Ian Black is coming in as a guest, I'm a fan. Howard even referenced that genius piece MIB wrote from Billy Joel's point of view about being on his way to a holiday party, and his agita over not wanting to play Piano Man. If you haven't read it, it's really short and worth it. http://tinyurl.com/434uzjf

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

haljordan posted:

Holy poo poo I don't think I've ever heard this bit before, it is great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7lqb7YGUsI

Holy poo poo ahahahahaha

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

There are some real brutal choices in that bit, that's for drat sure. I think I'd gently caress Nicole Bass before Marge Schott.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

haljordan posted:

I think I'd gently caress Nicole Bass before Marge Schott.

Nope. Marge Schott may have been a crazy old bat, but I don't know what the gently caress Nicole Bass is and I don't want to know.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

Nope. Marge Schott may have been a crazy old bat, but I don't know what the gently caress Nicole Bass is and I don't want to know.

My favorite bit of Nicole Bass trivia is that Arnold Schwarzenegger actually knew who she was. He really seemed to know about her "career" as a bodybuilder. It was nice. :3:

(No, I can't find this on Youtube. :mad:)

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
Who the gently caress is Pittsburgh Pete? Are there are "classic" Pittsburgh Pete bits on YouTube to listen to? Since he's such a well-known and famous personality not just on Howard Stern, but everywhere, I'm sure there's gotta be a ton of great clips.

What an obnoxious arrogant douchebag. I'm so glad JD owned him in that contest.

And I'm glad Bobo lost as well. His obsession is ridiculous. I hope they don't do anything in these last weeks and let him go.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Agreed. I can't loving stand Bobo.

He's just creepy.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

RichardDunn posted:

Who the gently caress is Pittsburgh Pete? Are there are "classic" Pittsburgh Pete bits on YouTube to listen to? Since he's such a well-known and famous personality not just on Howard Stern, but everywhere, I'm sure there's gotta be a ton of great clips.

What an obnoxious arrogant douchebag. I'm so glad JD owned him in that contest.

And I'm glad Bobo lost as well. His obsession is ridiculous. I hope they don't do anything in these last weeks and let him go.

I loving hate Pittsburgh Pete. Here's twenty minutes of Artie destroying him.

Part 1

Part 2

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Pittsburgh Pete always creeps me out with how he asks Howard about loving Beth and keeps pressing and pressing for details, when there's really nothing to be heard. I hear him pop up on sports talk radio from time to time, he must call different shows all day long.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
All of the self-appointed-nickname callers are universally terrible and I love when Howard doesn't participate with the new/random ones that try this.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I have to remind myself that Bobo and Zolar are different people. Bobo is the bald driving instructor and I forget what Zolar does. They're both terrible super-fan callers.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Ether Frenzy posted:

All of the self-appointed-nickname callers are universally terrible and I love when Howard doesn't participate with the new/random ones that try this.

Did King of All Blacks give himself that name?

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I remember some guy who called himself White Rapper would call in and eventually became hated by everybody, so he started calling in with fake names and every time Howard would figure out it was him

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Was that the white guy that sounded like Chris Rock, or was that somebody else?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

White Rapper just sounded like a standard-issue New Yorker. He'd call in pretending to be somebody else, then announce that he was "the white rapper" and play a second of his rap. Then Howard would hang up and act confused.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Squashy Nipples posted:

That was Colt Forty-Feinberg

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

That was Colt Forty-Feinberg

THANK YOU. My memory is slipping in my old age, I used to be as sharp as Gary.

Someone please dig up a clip of when Chris Rock came on and they had Colt Forty Feinberg in the studio waiting for him? Rock was NOT happy with that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

THANK YOU. My memory is slipping in my old age, I used to be as sharp as Gary.

Someone please dig up a clip of when Chris Rock came on and they had Colt Forty Feinberg in the studio waiting for him? Rock was NOT happy with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX0rgTPzebc

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Colt .40 Feinberg really committed to that bit, you gotta at least give him that.

edit: I remember actually seeing a clip that was audio & video but I can't remember at all which YouTube channel it was under.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 16, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
And this is apparently what he looked like:

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Eric the midget said he's been flagging down Stern youtube clips and I'm starting to believe him because I'm seeing a bunch of segments being replaced by preview clips

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

MVP posted:

Eric the midget said he's been flagging down Stern youtube clips and I'm starting to believe him because I'm seeing a bunch of segments being replaced by preview clips

Did he say that on the air?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I'm so loving tired of hearing about the birthday show, about how they have limited tickets, people on the phone whining about getting tickets...

Aerosmith, Bon Jovi and John Fogerty? Wow...what a lineup...

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

I'm so loving tired of hearing about the birthday show, about how they have limited tickets, people on the phone whining about getting tickets...

I agree. The only way it will be interesting is if Bobo shoots Howard in the parking lot on his way out after the show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Vakal posted:

I agree. The only way it will be interesting is if Bobo shoots Howard in the parking lot on his way out after the show.

Bonus points if he yells "What's the frequency, Kenneth?!" right before he does it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Brocktoon posted:

Who else would you book for a 60 year-old's birthday party?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm hoping that they simply forget about inviting Scott the Engineer again.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

A mortician?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Brocktoon posted:

Yeah, what a pathetic fan base. He should really just start saying that people won tickets and never send the tickets out to them.

Also, that show is going to be a boring mess.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Why the gently caress would Harvey Weinstein think that Howard has any clout to convince people to see August: Osage County? His audience is not exactly that movie's demographic.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The Judge JD segment was so god drat good and while I was hoping for Ham Hands Bill to get the nod, it wasn't a complete loss with Elephant Boy winning.

gently caress Bobo and Pittsburgh Pete. Two of the worst callers of all time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Why the gently caress would Harvey Weinstein think that Howard has any clout to convince people to see August: Osage County? His audience is not exactly that movie's demographic.

That movie got consistently garbage reviews. Not as bad as that Hercules movie, but still.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

haljordan posted:

That movie got consistently garbage reviews. Not as bad as that Hercules movie, but still.

But was it better than Spread?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Brocktoon posted:

I like how Bon Jovi avoided Howard for 30 years while they had a good run and now they are back playing for a room full of superfans

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax

Sand Monster posted:

Did he say that on the air?

Yeah in one of the Etm youtube playlists

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Eric does it to suck up to Howard, usually mentioning it at the beginning of a call before he tries to sell whatever stupid project he's working on. He's done it about half a dozen times if my memory serves.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Irish Joe posted:

I can only hope that Pamela Anderson does a sexy Marilyn Monroe-esque rendition of Happy Birthday for Howard; she is so drat HOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
You mean Pameler Anderson?