Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Mammal Sauce posted:

Hate to resurrect the dead horse that is "I wish Skyrim were more like Dark Souls" but is a mod that changes character death to be handled similar to how DS does it at all possible? Like, when you get killed, instead of jumping back to your most recent save you lose some character progression in a fashion similar to serving out a jail term, and have to scarper back to where you died to retrieve your equipment/gain back some of your XP/quickly dispel a post-death debuff/whatever. It seems like something that'd mesh well with mods that attempt to fix level scaling and establish certain areas as "high-level".

This is exactly what I have going on right now (well to a point, still trying to find the best-fit no death mod). I'll give a more detailed write up when I'm not phone posting, but for starters check out the mood I linked previously. Makes it so you can only save around fire and beds. The author is also working on an update to have a no death option where you spawn back at your last save location, but no idea when that will be out. There are several no death mods out there in the mean time of varying features and quality, I haven't decided on one yet; and the combination of mods really makes skyrim feel like a different game entirely (especially if you run a difficulty overhaul like requiem).

Trip report on the restricted save mod. It's cool as poo poo even with the occasional random crash. I've been running through a massive drauger ruin and it adds a whole different layer of suspense. There are honestly more fires than you realize so it doesn't become an issue of "well gently caress I've not seen a fire or saved for 30 minutes and fought a million enemies barely surviving each time and WELP game crashed gently caress you". There are fire pits pretty regularly in dungeons to prevent losing progress in a crash but they are spaced out enough to keep the tension up. They also make traps actually something to fear and be cautious about which is really cool and something I wasn't expecting. Going through one section in a ruin where it was one of those burial crypts sections with long corridors, traps and enemies with only torches on the walls was probably the highlight of Skyrim for me in years. Finally making it to the end of that section where a brazier was standing next to a door was like a sanctuary in the eye of the storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I really like the idea of a dark souls-y or even ironman Skyrim. Can't imagine it working unless it was all together in a single overhaul though because with a mix of stuff like ASIS, immersive creatures, etc installed, difficulty just swings so much between pointless trash mobs and invincible one-shotting bags of HP. Dark Souls works because it's so well made. Whereas mods combine unpredictably and go 'oh, hope you knew this dragon priest is now unleveled', or spawn a generic boss that can somehow heal faster than you can damage him indefinitely.

Immersive NPCs is pretty good though, and I like the quests you can find. They're often a lot more creative than some of the cookie-cutter ones Skyrim throws at you. The writing gets pretty annoying though. You'll ask someone about the night they left home or whatever and instead of saying oh yeah, it was stormy and cold, they'll go 'it was cold and stormy... I'll always remember it... a maelstrom of rain and :words:'. Nobody talks like that :rolleyes:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Strategic Tea posted:

Can't imagine it working unless it was all together in a single overhaul though because with a mix of stuff like ASIS, immersive creatures, etc installed, difficulty just swings so much between pointless trash mobs and invincible one-shotting bags of HP.

I don't have any of that stuff installed and that's the way Skyrim is normally. I can cut swathes through Forsworn all day every day, but as soon as a Briarheart appears I'm hosed unless I cheat my way to victory with an OP mod spell.

Come to think of it, even New Vegas, which wasn't Bethesda developed (but based on their engine) had that problem. I reached a point where I could slaughter everything, but then I'd get my rear end handed to me by a Deathclaw or Cazador or whatever. You basically just have Actual Threats and then everything else, with not much in-between.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 16, 2014

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Smoking_Dragon posted:

For the most part I like Interesting NPCs, especially the followers with long backstories who say different things depending on where you are. However, some of the voice actors are god-awful and the stories are extremely boring or depressing.
That and some of the stories are just too goddamned long.

Noticed something weird happen last night (I started playing again a few weeks ago after barely playing for more than a year); if you've got the "Timing is Everything" mod and the "Run For Your Lives: Vampire Edition" both running, the first night in which you go into Whiterun everyone reacts as if a Vampire attack is happening even though one isn't, they all head for the nearest building, and then they stand still in place even if you wait until the next day.

It sure makes that fistfight against Uthgerd a lot easier.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How does loot progression work in this game?

While i didnt play Morrowind or Oblivion much i played a ton of Daggerfall, and there you would gradually find better and better grades of gear (iron - steel - silver - orcish - ebony - daedric, iirc) as you increased in level.
So far in Skyrim i am level 24 and have yet to find anything better than steel, with the exception of the orcish mace that i found at like level 8. I have found a few pieces of dwarven armor, but due to being able to upgrade steel armor to superior it is better than dwarven (which i can only upgrade to fine)
I dont know what level would be considered "endgame" (ie the level where id expect to be coated in daedric stuff) but by level 24 i would assume i should have at least have gotten quite a few pieces of the tier after steel? (ebony?)
I am not asking WHERE to find this better loot, but more along the lines of IF i will gradually find better loot than steel at all i suppose.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Tzarnal posted:

I think they are getting a regular set of armor and then LLI's Matched Outfits feature is giving them another set. Not sure how to fix that aside form just disabeling that part of LLI.

This seemed to fix it, thanks.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is there a mod that provides an in-game quest/100% checklist and tracks progress against it?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Crazy Ted posted:

That and some of the stories are just too goddamned long.

Noticed something weird happen last night (I started playing again a few weeks ago after barely playing for more than a year); if you've got the "Timing is Everything" mod and the "Run For Your Lives: Vampire Edition" both running, the first night in which you go into Whiterun everyone reacts as if a Vampire attack is happening even though one isn't, they all head for the nearest building, and then they stand still in place even if you wait until the next day.

It sure makes that fistfight against Uthgerd a lot easier.

A vampire attack may actually be happening, but the game may have spawned the vampires somewhere dumb (I suspect this is part of the reason something like When Vampires Attack isn't part of the base game, this and Beth being astoundingly bad at AI scripting). Follow these instructions to check/fix this:

quote:

Well it can be fixed in the console: (have a backup save)
1. There are seven ARTHWVACitizensFleeAttackType quests and you'll have to use the "sqv [questname]" command like this:
sqv ARTHWVACitizensFleeAttackType1
Go through all seven until you find one that says "running --> yes"
2. Scroll up in the console with PageUp until you find the line "REF Attacker1" with the id you need (there may be an Attacker2, Attacker3)
3. prid the id of the attacker (example: prid ff001234)
4. it will put the id on the top of the console. Now just type "moveto player" and the enemy will pop up next to you. Kill it and that should do it. (if you had multiple attackers you'll have to do this to all of them of course).

5. If this doesn't solve the problem and/or you notice a [D] next to one or all of the ids them, that means you already killed them and they got cleaned up but the game didn't realise it so now you'll have to kill them again.
6. While the id with the [D] is at the top type "resurrect 1" followed by "moveto player" and then "enable"
7. Enemy should pop up, kill it

For the record the problem seems to be that the game has a tendency of spawning the death hounds out of bounds (like in Solitude I saw them swimming around in the water under the city and because they are far away you're not in combat so you don't realise the attack is still going on) and the every vampire is dead but the attack isn't ending has always happened to me when the random vampire called Traveller was involved.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Something bizarre and hilarious just happened, but I assume it's a bug.

You know how there's that douchebag bard in Whiterun who is talking about how a woman in the town, who is totally uninterested in him, is 'his' and he's going to take possession of her or whatever? You know how you can fight him to make him shut up? Well, I did that...and he never yielded, and the fight never ended. I ended up beating him to death in the middle of the inn, in full view of everyone. Nobody gave a poo poo, a few people even cheered me, and then life in the inn went back to normal, with eating, talking, laughing, general merriment, and the corpse of the bard lying in the middle of the floor.

That counted as the quest being 'failed', so I assume I wasn't supposed to beat him to death.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ineptitude posted:

While i didnt play Morrowind or Oblivion much i played a ton of Daggerfall, and there you would gradually find better and better grades of gear (iron - steel - silver - orcish - ebony - daedric, iirc) as you increased in level.
So far in Skyrim i am level 24 and have yet to find anything better than steel, with the exception of the orcish mace that i found at like level 8. I have found a few pieces of dwarven armor, but due to being able to upgrade steel armor to superior it is better than dwarven (which i can only upgrade to fine)
I dont know what level would be considered "endgame" (ie the level where id expect to be coated in daedric stuff) but by level 24 i would assume i should have at least have gotten quite a few pieces of the tier after steel? (ebony?)
I am not asking WHERE to find this better loot, but more along the lines of IF i will gradually find better loot than steel at all i suppose.

You'll obviously find more the mid-tier Elven and Orcish stuff if you find some Orcs and serious elves like the Thalmor, and that should be getting more common as you continue to level. Ebony and Daedric are pretty end-game pieces and honestly drop more often when you get to 40+ and 50+, in my experience. By then you should pretty much be death incarnate anyway.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ernie Muppari posted:

A vampire attack may actually be happening, but the game may have spawned the vampires somewhere dumb (I suspect this is part of the reason something like When Vampires Attack isn't part of the base game, this and Beth being astoundingly bad at AI scripting). Follow these instructions to check/fix this:
I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

What's everyone's opinions on the various player creation, specialization, and experience mods there are? I've played a lot of Morrowind and Oblivion, and after playing Skyrim I've decided that for some odd reason I just like the whole "start your skills from scratch with a slight racial bonus for some" system.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

You'll eventually find more Ebony and Glass than you can easily sell. Daedric, Dragonscale, and Dragonplate will remain infrequent, but you'll still find a ton of it. I don't know when it starts exactly, but mid-thirties to forty is when Ebony usually starts to show up, and by then every other Thalmor is in a full suit of Glass.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Herrvillain posted:

You'll eventually find more Ebony and Glass than you can easily sell. Daedric, Dragonscale, and Dragonplate will remain infrequent, but you'll still find a ton of it. I don't know when it starts exactly, but mid-thirties to forty is when Ebony usually starts to show up, and by then every other Thalmor is in a full suit of Glass.
Supposedly without mods, you can find Glass armor starting as soon as level 30 or so, but more regularly starting at level 35. I think the same goes for Ebony armor.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you join the Thieves guild, Tonilia can start selling Daedric/Ebony gear around the late 20s/early 30s.

Also if you have Dawnguard, once you start fighting Revered and Legendary dragons you'll be swimming in Daedric gear.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Nova88 posted:

Any bodies I loot seem to have two sets of armour on them, I'm guessing this is not normal, anyone have a clue as to why this would be happening?

Load Order:
code:
# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
arrow upgrading.esp
MUSIC.esp
Merged Patch CCO.esp

First you aren't using a Merged Patch. I'm surprised lootification runs without it but its really absolutely needed anyway if you want a modded game to work right.

Second are those mods supposed to come after the dynamic patches or does BOSS just not sort them so they fell to the bottom? Not much is really supposed to come after dynamic patches so I'm a little leery.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I'm reinstalling Windows 8.1, is there anything else I need to do to transfer my modded game/save beyond:

- Backing up Documents/my games/skyrim folder
- Backing up SteamApps/common/Skyrim folder (which includes a bashed patch)
- Installing NMM/SKSE on the fresh Windows
- Replicating the load order

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

God I forget, what do you do to make merged patches? I reread the OP but didn't see much and the YouTube video linked there isn't working for me.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mister Bates posted:

Something bizarre and hilarious just happened, but I assume it's a bug.

You know how there's that douchebag bard in Whiterun who is talking about how a woman in the town, who is totally uninterested in him, is 'his' and he's going to take possession of her or whatever? You know how you can fight him to make him shut up? Well, I did that...and he never yielded, and the fight never ended. I ended up beating him to death in the middle of the inn, in full view of everyone. Nobody gave a poo poo, a few people even cheered me, and then life in the inn went back to normal, with eating, talking, laughing, general merriment, and the corpse of the bard lying in the middle of the floor.

That counted as the quest being 'failed', so I assume I wasn't supposed to beat him to death.

You probably don't have the Brawl Bugs patch installed.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I tried out windowed mode on regular skyrim. It basically crashed the game so oh well. I turned it back to full screen but apparently MO hasn't noticed this because no matter what I try it keeps going into windowed and crashing if I start the game through MO. I have ENB and SKSE installed too if that helps. Is there some hidden setting that MO has thats making it go into windowed mode? Also I have put skyrimprefs to 1 as far as fullscreen goes.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Crazy Ted posted:

God I forget, what do you do to make merged patches? I reread the OP but didn't see much and the YouTube video linked there isn't working for me.

I posted a thing since I got tired of copy and pasting.

Iretep posted:

I tried out windowed mode on regular skyrim. It basically crashed the game so oh well. I turned it back to full screen but apparently MO hasn't noticed this because no matter what I try it keeps going into windowed and crashing if I start the game through MO. I have ENB and SKSE installed too if that helps. Is there some hidden setting that MO has thats making it go into windowed mode? Also I have put skyrimprefs to 1 as far as fullscreen goes.

MO keeps a separate copy of the ini settings for each profile. Open the skyrim launcher through MO and change it there.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Quick question: Is there anyway to get rid of a dragon? One is flying over a town I need to get to but if I fight him he crashes the game because he's part of the dragons diversified mod that I uninstalled. Does just waiting a few days make him go away?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Iretep posted:

Quick question: Is there anyway to get rid of a dragon? One is flying over a town I need to get to but if I fight him he crashes the game because he's part of the dragons diversified mod that I uninstalled. Does just waiting a few days make him go away?

You could disable it with the console. Bring it up, click on the dragon, then use the disable command, right? That'd get rid of it, at least.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
So the game has been out for 3 years are there any mod packs yet?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nope.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's been awhile since I tempted to mod (AGAIN). Last time I got stuck with a bug that dropped my FPS to 5 whenever I left a dungeon or large building. It seems if I go out to the map and then back it fixes it. And it only does it once for each particular area until I restart the game. I have a sneaking suspicion it might be related to Skyrim Flora Overhaul and maybe Dynamic Things.

After using this ENB guide I was able to keep it from giving me errors about having AA enabled, which is good. But my game still does tiny stutters as it is loading new areas. But my game lacks some "oomph" visually which is kind of bugging me.

It's kind of sad because I'm ready to move to more non-graphical mods. Going through the Bordual YouTube channel which is surprisingly really well done.

I don't really see any effects from FrostFall to show that it is working. I wanted to find mods that made living and traveling in the game more interesting. Give me more reasons to not use fast travel. Hunterborn is one of the mods I am looking at. I really enjoyed cutting logs in skyrim. The more simpler things like hunting and gathering resources seem to hit a sweet spot in my brain.

Also looking to find mods that increase the amount of life in the world. But I'm worried on the performance impact. Also adding things like lore friendly weapons and armor so NPCs and myself can be a lot more varied. I also currently do not have any of the DLC. Though it's kind of long overdo that I get them.

Edit: Oh. I finally noticed the "You better have SkyUI if you want most anything to work" despite wanting to use a controller and being fine with the regular UI. Went to install it using the 7z file through Mod Organizer and I'm told that I am missing SKSE scripts.

code:
The SKSE scripts are missing.

Potential causes:
* You didn't install the scripts with the rest of SKSE.

Solution:
1. Re-install SKSE. Make sure you extract the 'Data/' folder from the downloaded archive to your Skyrim installation directory.
I have always been launching SKSE through Mod Organizer. And my main Skyrim folder holds the skse_loader.exe file. Version 0.1.6.16.

Edit 2: This seems to be a problem with what installers through Mod Organizer can see. So while the installer for SkyUI could not see SKSE, I could still install it. And because I did have SKSE, SkyUI worked flawlessly. And now I can actually start Frostfall, which was why I couldn't notice it working before. Ha!

Ularg fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 17, 2014

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Ularg posted:

I don't really see any effects from FrostFall to show that it is working. I wanted to find mods that made living and traveling in the game more interesting. Give me more reasons to not use fast travel. Hunterborn is one of the mods I am looking at. I really enjoyed cutting logs in skyrim. The more simpler things like hunting and gathering resources seem to hit a sweet spot in my brain.

Also looking to find mods that increase the amount of life in the world. But I'm worried on the performance impact. Also adding things like lore friendly weapons and armor so NPCs and myself can be a lot more varied. I also currently do not have any of the DLC. Though it's kind of long overdo that I get them.

I rarely fast travel, but mostly because I get distracted by bunches of herbs/mushrooms or nearby enemies/wildlife itching my trigger finger. I'm not sure why myself but I agree that there is something satisfying to gathering resources versus fast traveling market to market to buy all of their stock and recoup your money (plus all of theirs) by selling them some trinkets or potions you hastily made. Wandering around getting things, the uncertainty of whether or not someone in the distance is an assassin or a lonely farmer, the jump of rounding a corner or dropping from a ledge to face a sabrecat or bear, these are all part of the attraction of the open world.

As for DLCs, I have the three official PS3 ones. They caused more trouble until I erased and re-installed Skyrim (causing it randomly freeze much less). I would recommend "Dragonborn" if you are looking for a new area to explore with interesting new enemies and a handful of new resources. (I say handful to refer to their types - the island is almost cluttered with their volume.) There is also an interesting Lovecraft/creepy horror vibe to Dragonborn which I feel was very well done. (Particularly when you visit the realm of Hermaeus Mora.) "Hearthfire" is probably your best value. You can build (up to 3?) new houses and trick them out as best suits you. There are a few known bugs with the house-building system, but living in a house you made by hand has satisfaction not anywhere else in the game. Although you can pick different wings to build onto the main house, I found myself disappointed at the lack of customization options (like, I wanted to build a stone house instead of a wooden one -- dragons everywhere these days, y'know, and I had hoped I would be able to build a Dwemer style home, but such options are unavailable) considering how much work you have to put into getting resources and making the fixtures of your house. Also, be prepared for conversations with super-depressing orphans. I ran into a little girl wandering the Gray Quarter and heard about how her dad died in the war, then her mother disappeared after going to look for the dad or something.. anyway would you like to buy some flowers? Needless to say, I completely lost my bearing, bought all of her flowers, and then adopted her right on the spot. drat hard-luck story kids.

"Dawnguard" I have the biggest issue with and I would recommend installing it last if you plan on getting it. The roadside encounters it adds are okay. The Dawnguard themselves are neat, and I like traveling to the new, Ravenloft-esque area. But I'm playing on a PS3, so vampires showing up in town and killing people with names I take issue with. Definite minus to the enjoyability. Also, Dawnguard does add some cool new followers. (I forgot to mention the riekling follower from Dragonborn is pretty entertaining to me.)

There you have my ten cents on spending money for DLC. Hearthfire: definitely, Dragonborn: well-worth the $20, Dawnguard: some issues not worth spending $20 IMHO.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So even though I took me 70 so hours to actually get into the main quest, (thanks to all these other mods too), I finally got to hear how completely stupid dragons sound when they talk. It's so grating :cripes:. Its as if every Elder Scrolls game makes itself impossible to take seriously.

e: I shouldn't even say this, because I resorted to putting pots on peoples heads so I could steal at lower levels..

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Avocados posted:

So even though I took me 70 so hours to actually get into the main quest, (thanks to all these other mods too), I finally got to hear how completely stupid dragons sound when they talk. It's so grating :cripes:. Its as if every Elder Scrolls game makes itself impossible to take seriously.

e: I shouldn't even say this, because I resorted to putting pots on peoples heads so I could steal at lower levels..

Hey, every language loses something in translation.

I thought dragons looked stupid when they were flying around backwards and sometimes diving through lakes. Fortunately most of those bugs were addressed. Maybe it's not that dragon speech is stupid, it's that THEY ARE ALWAYS SHOUTING IT. C'mon dragons, this isn't a multiplayer game. Tone it down.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Hey, every language loses something in translation.

I thought dragons looked stupid when they were flying around backwards and sometimes diving through lakes. Fortunately most of those bugs were addressed. Maybe it's not that dragon speech is stupid, it's that THEY ARE ALWAYS SHOUTING IT. C'mon dragons, this isn't a multiplayer game. Tone it down.

Need a mod to add voice command options so I can tell the dragons to CALM DOWN.

Oh yeah, Hunterborn is pretty awesome. Though every time I add a new mod that adds a ton of systems they all seem incredibly obtuse. Like the need for bones without seeing an easy way to get bones. Even after dressing, skinning, gathering ingredients and butchering animals.

So, if I wanted eating foot to actually matter I should get realistic needs and diseases, right? I also want to get Immersive Patrols and Populated Cities. Keeping away from open city mods to keep performance up I suppose. What are thoughts on good and simple mods that extend ingame time and would not mess with current mods like Hunterborn that forward time for actions taken. I want a longer day and night. Maybe customizable with MCM.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Anyone got any ENB settings recomendations? I tried ProjectENB with minimum settings but it still seems to kill my perfomance a bit. I'm mainly intrested in lighting so I actually need to use a torch in dark places. I also have CoT and RLO installed. Those combined seem to make the night darker but light sources barely do anything.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

One thing to note about using Hunterborn with frostfall: if you have an older computer like me then turn off all the "(thing) takes time" options in hunterborn. All the time skips caused frostfall to freak out for me.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
So what am I doing wrong in MO that is preventing Dual Sheath Redux from working properly?

I see the .jar patch file in the 'Data/SkyProc Patchers/Dual Sheath Redux Patch' section, run it, aaaaaand?

What else do I need to do in order to get it to work? I have both a Dual Sheath Redux.exp and Dual Sheath Redux Patch.exp in my plugins tab now, but no amount of fiddling will get it to not give an error in Skyrim saying that Dual Sheath Redux Patch needs to be run.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Do you have java installed? It should pop up a window with some options, it sounds like you think it's a silent utility.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Wicaeed posted:

So what am I doing wrong in MO that is preventing Dual Sheath Redux from working properly?

I see the .jar patch file in the 'Data/SkyProc Patchers/Dual Sheath Redux Patch' section, run it, aaaaaand?

What else do I need to do in order to get it to work? I have both a Dual Sheath Redux.exp and Dual Sheath Redux Patch.exp in my plugins tab now, but no amount of fiddling will get it to not give an error in Skyrim saying that Dual Sheath Redux Patch needs to be run.

Did you run the .jar file through MO?

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
It does pop up, I click the patch button, it does some things, asks me to run BOSS (but fails since it can't find a registry key), and that's it.

edit: yeah, running everything through MO

2edit: I end up with this in my MO plugins selection screen

Wicaeed fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 17, 2014

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Wicaeed posted:

It does pop up, I click the patch button, it does some things, asks me to run BOSS (but fails since it can't find a registry key), and that's it.

edit: yeah, running everything through MO

2edit: I end up with this in my MO plugins selection screen

It should ask to point to BOSS.exe if it can't find it. Alternatively try unchecked the run BOSS before patching option. Also check force patch option.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Even after running with the Force patch option, with the two .esp files enabled, it still complains about not being patched in game.

The gently caress am I doing wrong?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Wicaeed posted:

Even after running with the Force patch option, with the two .esp files enabled, it still complains about not being patched in game.

Shot in the dark here, but have you tried running the Skyrim Launcher first? I know the patcher uses BOSS which sometimes needs to have the launcher refreshed to work. It might have a patch.esp file even if you force generate one, but it still may be acting up if it didn't get to run correctly.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Wicaeed posted:

Assuming you have BOSS installed the main issue is probably the jar can't find it presumably because of UAC and skyrim or boss or MO being installed in program files. If you run MO as admin it might work if you don't want to move all of them out of program files (move all of them out of program files). Also Skyproc patchers often create empty esp files if they fail but the log should have some info. Check the .jar debug logs. Should be in /data/skyproc patchers/<patcher>/SkyProcDebug/=--Debug Overview--=.txt probably in your overwrite folder. It will probably have a big thing about something going on. If you can't figure it out pastebin it and link it and I'll take a gander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
I've been playing happily with SPERG for 60 levels, and decided I now want to level light armor, but even in a full suit of light armor I'm not getting any skill increases from wearing it, which worked perfectly with a previous run and with this character with the mage armor perk leveling alteration.

Could it be because I've got mage armor buffs with no duration (from the SPERG perk?). To my knowledge none of my other mods interact with perks or magic. Also is there any way I can find this kind of info for myself, like whether the variours +crit damage perks stack with each other?

Strategic Tea posted:

Hate to resurrect the dead horse that is "I wish Skyrim were more like Dark Souls" but is a mod that changes character death to be handled similar to how DS does it at all possible? Like, when you get killed, instead of jumping back to your most recent save you lose some character progression in a fashion similar to serving out a jail term, and have to scarper back to where you died to retrieve your equipment/gain back some of your XP/quickly dispel a post-death debuff/whatever.

Is there something special about how Dark Souls handles death? I haven't played it, but it sure sounds a lot like System Shock/Diablo 2/WoW death.

Personally I also prefer those (since they usually come bundled with never having to worry about saves as well), just wondering if there's something special about Dark Souls, or if it's just the most recent most Skyrim-like game do have that kind of death system.

hampig fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 18, 2014

• Locked thread