Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

Cookie is pumped!

Yeah, he actually looked like he gives a gently caress for a second there. Anyway, it's time for Maxwell to stop trying to build an innings and go all out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Jesus Maxwell, just bat left handed.

e: good, what a tosser.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Warner looks jealous. He might punch Maxwell afterwards for impersonating Amla. And The Big Show Off is gone.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The guy is building an innings and does that lmao. gently caress off Big Show.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Maxwell was starting to grow on me a bit but that seemed like a dumb dismissal

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Threw that wicket away. England have probably won the game with that.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Came here to post this

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I wonder what time Maxwell will head over to the channel 9 hotel room tonight to receive all the free gobbies on offer.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

I wonder what time Maxwell will head over to the channel 9 hotel room tonight to receive all the free gobbies on offer.

First he needs to be fellated by Mark Nicholas.

e: LOL at Kontouris having a beach ball bounced off his head by David Warner. Love that job!

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 17, 2014

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

That's still a fair take even though it's 6

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Faulkner's much better than Maxwell

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

And not a oval office

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

England to throw this game away...

e: Brayshaw really adds nothing, he should just shut the gently caress up

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 17, 2014

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hell of a game, this one.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Classic England.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I did not expect that to happen

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
i love you faulkner

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Well done Faulkner. Great batting without being a showboat.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
How the hell did we win that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Sorry about that, England

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Holy poo poo.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Cook_7-0.jpg

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

What a great finish, that's history.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Just remembered why I loved ODIs when I was a kid. Feel for Cook, though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I can't loving believe it!

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I was talking about the Bevan ODI with someone today, that was almost as good.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Sums up England this year really... Even the only game so far this year in which England had a chance to win; they gently caress it up...

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

That Australian in the prisoner outfit in the crowd giving the finger to random English people was pretty hilarious.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I don't want to have a crack at England because James Faulkner just put in a hell of an innings but as soon as Cook stacked the legside with literally every fielder he was allowed to place out of the circle I said to my brother in law that if Faulkner had the guts there is an easy four if he just backs off towards leg and manages to make contact.

Strange field.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
What's that? Fielding two competent seamers and a bunch of medium pacers on an Australian road might leave you short of firepower?

Never!

Whitewash of whole tour is now absolutely on the cards.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Cook is going to cry in one of these post match interviews.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Stokes is fodder, neither quick or accurate. Bresnan had a good 6 months about 2 years ago and has been living off it ever since.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I don't want to have a crack at England because James Faulkner just put in a hell of an innings but as soon as Cook stacked the legside with literally every fielder he was allowed to place out of the circle I said to my brother in law that if Faulkner had the guts there is an easy four if he just backs off towards leg and manages to make contact.

Strange field.

4 men from long on to square leg. Bresnan can't bowl too legside or he just gives away a wide, Faulkner always had the option to back away, strange indeed.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

tarbrush posted:

What's that? Fielding two competent seamers and a bunch of medium pacers on an Australian road might leave you short of firepower?

Never!

Whitewash of whole tour is now absolutely on the cards.

Medium pacers? That's far too generous on Bopara.

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
Hooooooly lol. Did not expect that. Faulkner has nerves of steel. Great job by McKay to stay with him too.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That was a stunning chase. How did England manage to throw that away. Faulkner is god.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Lionel Richie posted:

Stokes is fodder, neither quick or accurate. Bresnan had a good 6 months about 2 years ago and has been living off it ever since.

Yet Stokes was the only bowler that bowled his 10 overs, Jordan and Bopara should have bowled the last two.

Centusin fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jan 17, 2014

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters
faulkner is a legitimately Good Player

this is still funnier though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMyYlaikBbY

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
What a thrilling finish. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Scylo posted:

yet Stokes was the only bowler that bowled his 10 overs, Jordan and Bopara should have bowled the last two

And the big shithouse who's the only full time bowler in the side only bowled 7 overs, honestly where can you even start with this rabble

• Locked thread