Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloane
Oct 31, 2010

What do you mean I'm not on the list?

Trebek posted:

Trackmania gif

If anyone is interested in more of these, there's thousands of them on YouTube and they're usually called something like "Press forward".
Here's the full video that the gif is from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMOPgTnOFY

Sloane has a new favorite as of 04:39 on Jan 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well holy gently caress. How would you even go about designing a level like that :psyduck:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

greazeball posted:

These gifs made me go get this film! Thanks!
That's the goal of posting almost all of the gifs I've posted is to get people to see films they otherwise wouldn't have seen.

Stalker

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

That's the goal of posting almost all of the gifs I've posted is to get people to see films they otherwise wouldn't have seen.

Too bad they're not on streaming sites...

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

such an amazing work

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Gorilla Salad posted:

Well holy gently caress. How would you even go about designing a level like that :psyduck:

"Press Forward" maps are easy and fun to code, since cars react predictably each time. Launch a car off a ramp, make a note where it lands, edit the map to put a new ramp in the way, tweak, repeat forever.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br3UJeg1V4U
The sound adds a lot to it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

From Laurie Anderson's Home of the Brave

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

From the NBA thread:

"BANG!"

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

I would probably make much the same sound in that situation. What's the thing they're all roosting on? It's the same color blue as a water slide, but it's obviously not one.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

stubblyhead posted:

I would probably make much the same sound in that situation. What's the thing they're all roosting on? It's the same color blue as a water slide, but it's obviously not one.

Looks like a blue plastic storage tank of some kind of like this

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Robert Denby posted:

I found/made some earlier in the thread:

The Fall is incredible. I feel like Tarsem Singh watched Baraka and thought "I'm going to turn this into a fantasy film."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

stubblyhead posted:

Apparently they do that to stay warm, which is adorable.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Anyone know who these guys are? They're in both Baraka and The Fall. Human rituals are cool.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Chard posted:

Anyone know who these guys are? They're in both Baraka and The Fall. Human rituals are cool.

It's a Kecak dance from Bali, also known as a monkey dance, because of the story from the Ramayana it evokes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecak

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

MiketheGreat posted:

The Fall is incredible. I feel like Tarsem Singh watched Baraka and thought "I'm going to turn this into a fantasy film."
Speaking of "Baraka" (which I can repost some gifs from if y'all want), Ron Fricke did an IMAX film in 1985 called Chronos, which is amazing...

Seriously, its just 35 minutes of timelapse footage and weird exposures.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Trebek posted:

trackmania gif

That gif is 20mb, more than half the size of the entire 6 minute video on youtube (around 36mb).

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

canis minor
May 4, 2011

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

slow motion beatboxing

http://i.minus.com/ibjjlBbPJPsMcJ.gif
http://i.minus.com/iD9nXjOVl8kAW.gif

linked the last two because they are huge because I am bad at gifs

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Robert Denby posted:

Speaking of "Baraka" (which I can repost some gifs from if y'all want), Ron Fricke did an IMAX film in 1985 called Chronos, which is amazing...

I used to have this on laserdisc but forgot all about it. Thank you for reminding me. MUST FIND HD VERSION NOW!!
Baraka is one of my favorite movies. Evah.

Bastard
Jul 13, 2001

We are each responsible for our own destiny.

sigma 6 posted:

I used to have this on laserdisc but forgot all about it. Thank you for reminding me. MUST FIND HD VERSION NOW!!
Baraka is one of my favorite movies. Evah.

In that case go see Samsara, Ron Fricke's latest movie

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nteDP62uWcw

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Robert Denby posted:

Just by looking at those, I knew it was somehow related to Koyaanisqatsi

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Omegaxisalphabeta
Jul 22, 2006

Chard posted:

Not as much a ritual as a a show they put on for western tourists. Which is totally appropriate and in sync with the new age themes of Baraka.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
How cotton candy is made.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Found some more...

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

Thanks for making me spend money on a blu-ray I've never seen before thread.

drat movie better be 20 bucks good!

(Seriously looks loving fantastic)

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Jamesman posted:

How cotton candy is made.

I've seen this a billion times, but does anyone have the non-reversed version. Also who is this?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Grraarrgghh posted:

Thanks for making me spend money on a blu-ray I've never seen before thread.

drat movie better be 20 bucks good!

(Seriously looks loving fantastic)

The Fall looks good in gifs but it's absolutely excruciating to sit through.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I've seen this a billion times, but does anyone have the non-reversed version. Also who is this?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

I'm not 100%, but I think it's David Mitchell.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

stratdax posted:

People say this about 2001 as well and I love watching that, so here's to hoping! :sun:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

stubblyhead posted:

I'm not 100%, but I think it's David Mitchell.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

stratdax posted:

This is pretty much the most incorrect opinion ever. It's whimsical as gently caress, and if you're not into that kind of twee, it can be. But come on, just enjoy the pretty sights.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MiketheGreat posted:

This is pretty much the most incorrect opinion ever. It's whimsical as gently caress, and if you're not into that kind of twee, it can be. But come on, just enjoy the pretty sights.

It can drag a little bit because Tarsem Singh definitely obsesses over his visuals a little, but yeah, calling it excruciating to sit through is hyperbole, at the worst some scenes go on for too long but at the best the movie is gorgeous and a little heart-tugging.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Isn't there a shot from The Fall where it goes from the bad guy's face and then cuts to a landscape that you can see the face in and I was like :aaaaa:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Does David Mitchell leave behind a trace of ghostly presence in real life, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

This is quite literally the first time I have ever seen that gif in regular-forward motion. I feel... dirty?

• Locked thread