Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
What does that mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

eightysixed posted:

What does that mean?
Ron's been bitchy the whole time since the launch, I figure he put a hit out on Fez and it didn't work.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I got to say, the two young comics who came in today were really good. They were fast paced and doing the style of radio Ron wants to do better than him.

More guests like them and less of the tuna jew.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I got to say, the two young comics who came in today were really good. They were fast paced and doing the style of radio Ron wants to do better than him.

More guests like them and less of the tuna jew.

worth listening to? I hate guests and john leguezamo town hall is just not appealing to me6+++. I am drunk, ready to cook and need something to listen to, however.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

ChristianDB posted:

worth listening to? I hate guests and john leguezamo town hall is just not appealing to me6+++. I am drunk, ready to cook and need something to listen to, however.
Put the Cookie show on.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

Put the Cookie show on.

Always my backup. Honest truth. I just figured todays lineup seemed lame but I do forget that everyone sits in with the comics which has been nice. One thing I hated from the last show, I love when they're just bullshitting. A guest kind of puts a stop to that

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mF2ML3v_U

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Did I hear a commercial break on the Ron and Fez on demand show from Wednesday?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I'm listening back to the Mel Gibson tapes shows and loving hell those calls are hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZ9I98JMpI

Patrice's bomb at 2:47:00 makes me want to kill myself.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Has anyone else noticed this? The little channel announcement things stuck between the content on the O&A podcast are way louder than the rest of the show -- that image is of the first ten seconds of one channel in the Jim animal hating episode. This makes it impossible for me to listen to. I can't have my ears suddenly blasted out like that. It also looks like there was no real attention paid to keeping things even across segments.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Yeah, that annoyed the poo poo out of me. It's absolutely inexcusable. As you pointed out with the waveform image, you don't even have to listen to it to know something is wrong. It doesn't help that the sweepers are antiquated shlocky 90's radio-sounding poo poo.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Yeah, they suck. lovely repetitive metal riffs played incredibly loud followed by whispering silence.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think you should label it and tweet it to Opie / Sam and they'll probably address it.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
Oh my god this Paul O song is so awful it's actually making me want to punch something. Paul O literally doesn't have an ounce of talent in his body.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Opie and Anthony show, where the HS dropout racist teaches us the history of diversity in the US.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Boy what a hilarious bit about corporate sponsors here, Fez.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Holy poo poo, Anthony is a full on white supremacist.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Kaddish posted:

I haven't been listening for very long, so at what point were fans finally unable to keep deluding themselves that "anthony's racism is just a bit"?

I see it in old youtube comments sometimes

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

The Dave posted:

I think you should label it and tweet it to Opie / Sam and they'll probably address it.

Someone else do this. I don't have a twitter.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kaddish posted:

Haha, I thought this was just a general statement, and I just got to that point today.

Hooooo boy.

Edit: lol not only is he an out and out white supremacist in his rhetoric, he's historically inaccurate.

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 18, 2014

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
That's our Anthony! *audience laughs/cheers* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqM2yiIVWLU

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

Haha, I thought this was just a general statement, and I just got to that point today.

Hooooo boy.

Edit: lol not only is he an out and out white supremacist in his rhetoric, he's historically inaccurate.

I don't know why anyone even bothers arguing with him. He believes that non-'whites' are literally genetic inferiors. There is nothing to say to that except 'you are objectively wrong'. Any time he brings it up Opie and Jimmy should just say 'whatever Ant' and move on as fast as possible.

gouge away
Apr 17, 2005

durr
Stormfront-Ant sucked even more than usual today, though, because he went directly from that into a funny (but short) tangent about his exes. I almost missed it because he was so weird and unlistenable just a few minutes before.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I haven't heard it yet, but I'm laughing at the idea of him literally becoming his Chuck Heston impersonation, fighting for his guns and yelling about damned dirty apes :v:

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Morter posted:

I haven't heard it yet, but I'm laughing at the idea of him literally becoming his Chuck Heston impersonation, fighting for his guns and yelling about damned dirty apes :v:

How is this in any way new?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Caller: I really want to thank you guys.
Anthony: Oh yeah?
Caller: Yeah, after my wife passed away, you guys really....

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP*

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

An Enormous Boner posted:

Has anyone else noticed this? The little channel announcement things stuck between the content on the O&A podcast are way louder than the rest of the show -- that image is of the first ten seconds of one channel in the Jim animal hating episode. This makes it impossible for me to listen to. I can't have my ears suddenly blasted out like that. It also looks like there was no real attention paid to keeping things even across segments.

I wonder if this is how their production team mixes their audio all the time and just let the radio broadcast automatically compress the highs.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

livingfruitvirus posted:

I wonder if this is how their production team mixes their audio all the time and just let the radio broadcast automatically compress the highs.

Do they pass it off to interns? I would assume that it's done in a professional editing environment by paid professionals which is almost unbelievable because that poo poo wouldn't cut it on a free podcast.

edit: I mean the podcast

An Enormous Boner fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 18, 2014

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Do they pass it off to interns? I would assume that it's done in a professional editing environment by paid professionals which is almost unbelievable because that poo poo wouldn't cut it on a free podcast.

edit: I mean the podcast

I think Sal and Erock do the podcast.

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.

TwistedNails posted:

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of size and weight.
Been in radio a long, long time, but my skills are far from great.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I really wanted to bitch about no one listening to me complaining about the levels on the podcast that I posted like a day ago but then I realized that it doesn't matter and hopefully the problem will be fixed. I'm growing as a human being in front of your eyes.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

TwistedNails posted:

I have a hard time believing that either of them do editing but maybe they do. What the gently caress though, seriously. This is trash can poo poo that any dumb idiot should be able to work out.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

bunky posted:

I really wanted to bitch about no one listening to me complaining about the levels on the podcast that I posted like a day ago but then I realized that it doesn't matter and hopefully the problem will be fixed. I'm growing as a human being in front of your eyes.

Growing big and fat probably. Booyah.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Growing big and fat probably. Booyah.

I'm over 30 and care about the audio fidelity of a podcast. You do the math, junior. Lets hug it out.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
psychotic appalling racist or not anthony cumia is one of the quickest motherfuckers on the planet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1MVLratl5c&t=257s

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

bunky posted:

you should have posted a pretty waveform picture with it

Frost Uncle posted:

psychotic appalling racist or not anthony cumia is one of the quickest motherfuckers on the planet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1MVLratl5c&t=257s

dude is the fastest motherfucker alive.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Man, Kurt Metzger and David Allen Grier were great on Ron and Fez this week. Especially surprised about DAG, since I think I've always heard he's kind of a dick.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think Ron can get a lot more comics being on "Rawdog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99" than the "Opie and Anthony Channel" because a comedy channel doesn't have the stigma of being attached to O&A.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

J Greedy posted:

Man, Kurt Metzger and David Allen Grier were great on Ron and Fez this week. Especially surprised about DAG, since I think I've always heard he's kind of a dick.

DAG is hilarious. You should check him out on Adam Carolla's show, dude always delivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

therealjon_ posted:

I think Ron can get a lot more comics being on "Rawdog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99" than the "Opie and Anthony Channel" because a comedy channel doesn't have the stigma of being attached to O&A.

I've always thought of Opie and Anthony as being very comedian friendly. However, Rawdog Sirius XM Comedy Hits 99 is not part of any premier package that requires an additional fee.

• Locked thread