Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apollove
May 31, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

No, I mean like Fourze's different switches, OOO's head/body/leg changes, and Gaim's various fruit armors. Toy gimmicks!

Oh!...Uh...Yeah gently caress that's hard...I'd say something like, caligraphy, but that'd be blatantly stealing from Shinkenger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Cliff Racer posted:

I don't care too much about Kamen Rider, sort of gave up on it after Wizard actually. I care that the people don't seem to appreciate how suspension of disbelief works (and how those things can allow you to either ignore or focus in on plot holes and inconsistencies.) Saying "the show is about karate bugmen and thus literally anything can happen" is just plain wrong. Monsters can happen, melodrama can happen but the simple fact is that if the show doesn't take care to make, for instance, believable characters and a logical plot, then the karate bugmen stop being karate bugmen and become guys in stupid costumes who can barely see out of them.

Haha ok turbonerd. Fourze, OOO et al were just as wacky as Wizard and Gaim.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Apollove posted:

Land, Sea, Air?

Theme and toy gimmick right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQT00ZSVzcg

I suppose it's basically the same as Gaim though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Still waiting on a wrestling themed Rider. His belt can be a ring bell, and it can have two different voices that do running commentary on his fights. He can get distracted in his fights and yell at his belt to shut up, causing him to get hit and the belt voices to talk about how lame it is that he got hit by such a greatly telegraphed attack.

The secondary Rider can be a luchador who has a mask changing gimmick for his 'forms'.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Dexie posted:

Still waiting on a wrestling themed Rider. His belt can be a ring bell, and it can have two different voices that do running commentary on his fights. He can get distracted in his fights and yell at his belt to shut up, causing him to get hit and the belt voices to talk about how lame it is that he got hit by such a greatly telegraphed attack.

The secondary Rider can be a luchador who has a mask changing gimmick for his 'forms'.

If the villain is Vince McMahon I'm sold.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dexie posted:

Still waiting on a wrestling themed Rider.

Done.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Apollove posted:

IT WAS ME, SHOTARO. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG.

I had completely forgotten about him, actually.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dexie posted:

IT WAS ME, SHOTARO. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG.

YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER! EVEN MY BELT BOUGHT IT!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

VINCENT K. RIDER, GODDAMNIT!!!

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Dexie posted:

Are you seriously suggesting a wrestling rider who has a belt based on something other than a god drat championship belt?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Apollove posted:

His monster form is him flexing in tights.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tarodia posted:

Are you seriously suggesting a wrestling rider who has a belt based on something other than a god drat championship belt?

That would be his super form, obviously.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

I don't care too much about Kamen Rider, sort of gave up on it after Wizard actually.

arent you forgetting the :smug: at the end of your post?

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology

Waffleman_ posted:

There's also an idea I had that a lot of people probably have had and probably wouldn't fly on children's TV, but a Kamen Rider based around gambling. A dealer is imbued with the power to become Kamen Rider Trump by Lady Luck to defeat embodiments of sin or something. The belt would be a slot machine (777 continues the tenuous number theme) and I guess the trinkets could be poker chips? Little bit too close to medals, kinda.

I was far too proud of myself when I came up with a gambling-themed rider a while ago whose driver was a slot machine, and whose bike had wheels styled after roulette wheels. Fake riders are fun to imagine! :3:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Hbomberguy posted:

This reminds me of a political conversation I had with my flatmate recently, we were making fun of each others ideas and our own and it was pretty fun. I jokingly accused him of being racist, as part of the self-parody of liberal humanism act I was playing (as he was wearing a tea towel fashioned into a Shemagh) - and suddenly his entire act dropped and I was treated to a long tirade about how no, he was not in fact racist and if I thought he was, it was I who was racist, and words mean something and you're not allowed to take them out of context.

get new friends.

immediately.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I think we're all losing focus on the fact that the most awesome man in Kamen Rider is back as Kamen Rider.

I would watch an entire season of Hiroshi Fujioka being Kamen Rider again, I don't care how old he is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would watch a Kamen Rider series where the Rider is so old that his motorcycle is a Rascal scooter.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
up to blade ep.28

tachibana should've been the main character. jus sayin

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
In case anyone wants it, the raw of the Akibaranger Season 2 stage show is up.

It has Mitsuki in it, and KozKoz and Yukio Yamagata do a duet of "HOT! HOT! Gao Muscle!!".

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

FortMax posted:

In case anyone wants it, the raw of the Akibaranger Season 2 stage show is up.

It has Mitsuki in it, and KozKoz and Yukio Yamagata do a duet of "HOT! HOT! Gao Muscle!!".

gently caress yes, the covers of old Toku songs in the credits of Akibaranger S2 were my favourite part of the show. Too bad this and the previous stage show will never be subtitled (to my knowledge).

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Holy poo poo, they stop at 43 minutes in to have a Figuarts commercial

edit:
Pink is Red and Red is Pink, Choo Choo!

Dr Tran fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 19, 2014

Judeccahedron
Jan 2, 2009

Apollove posted:

Better yet, have it be Hongo a la "Hogan as the third man" reveal.

"If it wasn't for Hongo Takeshi, none of these Riders would be here! If it wasn't for Hongo Takeshi, Hino Eiji would still be walking the Earth aimlessly! I was selling out the world, brother, before these guys even heard of a motorcycle!"

As for a gimmick idea, maybe have a "rent-a-Rider" idea for the secondary or even "mass production" (think Riotroopers) rider, where the belt has a credit card reader on it. The primary Rider could have an ATM-style gimmick for the belt that involves punching in a PIN (maybe it's already been done with Faiz, but whatever); the super form could have to be activated via voice command or retinal scan within the suit.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

We need more guys in pink in sentai, cuz Tokkyu 1 is stylin and profilin

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

At least that answers my question after seeing the toys if the helmets swap too. So not only is 5 in red, but she gets his helmet as well.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If Kyoryuger wasn't by-the-numbers Sentai they'd do the smart thing of saving the fight with Daigo's dad for last instead of the guy with a butterfly mouth.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
So I was recently made aware of Photon, a mid-80s US toku that apparently used some of Toei's crew for effects and suitwork and such. Has anyone ever seen it, I assume it wasn't any good but was it perhaps of the "so bad its good" type?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If Kyoryuger wasn't by-the-numbers Sentai they'd do the smart thing of saving the fight with Daigo's dad for last instead of the guy with a butterfly mouth.

What's the difference?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

What's the difference?
The awesome potential of a final fight being against an Evil Ranger multiplied by emotional impact plus the Dumb Factor of the humanoid Deboss costume

Basically I really want the Final Attack Shout to be NO YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP DAD PUNCH!

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 20, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Dumb Factor of the humanoid Deboss costume

You have like, the worst opinions on everything.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You have like, the worst opinions on everything.
He has a butterfly for a mouth. I'm not saying I don't like it, just that it's dumb. If I didn't like dumb things why the hell would I be watching a show about people who turn into action figures using Dinosaur Batteries?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's not gonna be dumb when you find out where he got it from. :unsmigghh:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Butterfly mouth's still a vast improvement over Barney Deboss.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

He has a butterfly for a mouth. I'm not saying I don't like it, just that it's dumb. If I didn't like dumb things why the hell would I be watching a show about people who turn into action figures using Dinosaur Batteries?

Was Chaos picked on in school? Let's see...

- Weighs 350 lbs
- Always wore a coat of armor to school
- Both parents were a green blob (don't ask)
- Has a butterfly for a mouth

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
kamen rider blade ep. 33: "Did they seriously put attempted rape in a children's show? :stare:"

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Cliff Racer posted:

So I was recently made aware of Photon, a mid-80s US toku that apparently used some of Toei's crew for effects and suitwork and such. Has anyone ever seen it, I assume it wasn't any good but was it perhaps of the "so bad its good" type?

Wow. Just... wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PIMquC33X0

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

It's not gonna be dumb when you find out where he got it from. :unsmigghh:
Oh wow I just realized the Silence of the Lambs connection. Yeah that was a moth, but whatever, they're both winged insects that symbolize transformation. I take it back, it's an awesome design.

Also I guess Daigo really does have The Worst Dad.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just realized that Chaos looks like an evil Statue of Liberty.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tarodia posted:

Pro-Wrestling Kamen Rider you say? Behold! Fire Leon!

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

(untranslated gaim ep spoilers)Hase was killed by the Cherry Genesis Rider.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Thank you for the unwarranted untagged spoiler of an episode that hasn't been subbed yet?

• Locked thread