Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Gigantomastia sucks. Take us to Elf Island already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sindai posted:

On the bright side, a man rediscovered professional wrestling in the grim darkness of the post-apocalyptic future, which owns.

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only the People's Elbow.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Man, I think I'd like this series except for the kinda racist bug people and all the piss stuff. The monster design and honorable post apocalyptic lucha libre stuff is great though.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, and the weird fetishistic vibes were even more potent this time. :v:

It's gross. I hope he's getting it out of his system so we dont have to read Guts getting pissed on by that witch girl.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Soulcleaver posted:

Gigantomastia sucks. Take us to Elf Island already.

You're kinda a downer. Gynecomastia sucks too, but I guess lactating moobs is what being a babby with two dads is all about. Please find something nice to say, most of your posts are really douchey. Berserk and hoping I'm not stuck in a lovely cruel world overpopulated by cynics is all I have going nowadays.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Let's get mad about manga opinions

Wrestling is kinda fun, but, yeah, I'm not a big fan of what we've seen so far.

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
Gigantomastia or whatever is kinda blah. And the peeing thing was really, really weird.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I don't even care about the peeing stuff, this comic is just boring as hell.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How is he going to suplex those giant monsters anyways?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Woebin posted:

I don't even care about the peeing stuff, this comic is just boring as hell.

It owns a lot more if you watch wrestling, because it's literally a pro wrestling match. I don't mean that they're settling things via wrestling I mean the dude literally has a comeback spot where the crowd gets behind him after the heel beats the poo poo out of him.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
pedophilia aside that was a good chapter of some wrastlin

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Certainly not Berserk level, but good for me.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I'll grant one good thing about it: Miura knows how to craft an enjoyable, completely comprehensible fight scene. After 25 years of drawing a dude hacking up soldiers and demons, I'd be shocked if he didn't.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i-I'm sorry, I can't read Gigantomakhia

it's just too loving gross with the bumps on the Africans bug people

EDIT: he wasted a year and a half on this

a year and a half

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 16, 2014

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
you think he spent that year and a half drawing manga heh

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Gigantomakia's world seems interesting, but like another poster said the pacing seems really weird if it's only supposed to run a few chapters. I'm curious about the general situation and what's up with this "Empire", but all we've seen so far is a wrestling match and a dude getting pissed on.

Also the bug people are kind of racist, but Berserk also had this problem with that arc with the evil fantasy-Muslim hordes or whatever.

edit: Calling it now; the magician girl in Berserk is going to piss on Griffith and it will be revealed that she has magical piss that kills demons.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 16, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Soulcleaver posted:

I'll grant one good thing about it: Miura knows how to craft an enjoyable, completely comprehensible fight scene. After 25 years of drawing a dude hacking up soldiers and demons, I'd be shocked if he didn't.

He really deserves praise about that. Making a dynamic, interesting wrestling match -of all things- mustn't be easy.

Kishimoto has been drawing ninja fights for 16 years and I must confess that I don't know what the gently caress is going on in most of the recent ones. So double points for Miura.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
I guess reading History's Strongest Desciple Kenichi has trained my ability to ignore terrible fanservice. Yeah it was pretty awful but after moving on I'm still optimistic about the rest of it, though I don't expect a fully resolved story arc in only four more chapters.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Doublehex posted:

It's kinda sad that one of the most influential countries in terms of media consumption is also one of the most racist, amongst other things.

But Doublehex, Japan is just a tiny island in the pacific! They don't know any better! :shepface:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Race Realists posted:

But Doublehex, Japan is just a tiny island in the pacific! They don't know any better! :shepface:
I thought you were going to post this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzmgyFQNvvU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

trucutru posted:

How is he going to suplex those giant monsters anyways?

This is the question that we should really be asking.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It was pretty weird but the wrestling was fun and I still like lookin' at Miura's giant monsters. It is okay.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ANIME AKBAR posted:

I guess reading History's Strongest Desciple Kenichi has trained my ability to ignore terrible fanservice. Yeah it was pretty awful but after moving on I'm still optimistic about the rest of it, though I don't expect a fully resolved story arc in only four more chapters.

I think it's less the existence of fan service and more that the fan service happened to be an underage girl peeing.

(Though I would still prefer pretty much anything Miura does over History's Strongest Desciple Kenichi)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I thought the peeing bit was kind of funny because it's very clear Delos wants none of that poo poo but Prome made him think he didn't have a choice and just appears to want to piss on Delos on all occasions. That being said Miura went a little overboard drawing it

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Okay, that wasn't a terrible chapter except for that one part. It's too bad, without that nonsense the series could be something I recommend to people. Though the black people having bug features is objectionable. At least the visuals are great.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ccs posted:

Okay, that wasn't a terrible chapter except for that one part. It's too bad, without that nonsense the series could be something I recommend to people. Though the black people having bug features is objectionable. At least the visuals are great.

the refractory infraction of an inference can clearly be shown when stepping through the illusory gate concealed behind the cascading refraction lent to a waterfall by the illumination of a sunbeam. hiveminds stockpile royal jelly - a nectar of sorts manufactured with a fervor for excess in the dark, to nourish a conglomorate demograpghic in the name of a monarchy. something tells me this is going to hit upon a motif similar to a frontpage something-or-other written by a zack parsons before the release of a book called liminal states. remember when miura got away with the whole vandemion symbology contemporizing the corruption of old wealth intermingling with the established ecclesiastic structures of power working the world (middle-earthian) leadership covertly through war financing. it would seem farnese might bleed blue, if guts were to drop his guard.

a cave allegory is more of a clockwork orange, perhaps a spice not unlike melange.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I love Berserk and Miura, but the second I saw a character being healed by drinking children's piss I was out.

Laex
Sep 24, 2007
I think I'm done with Miura for a couple years at least after the whole underage pissing thing. I can get over casual racism every now and then but the whole deal with a little girl showing upskirt shots, pissing and licking horns is too much no matter how good he draws :wtc:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Had Miura wanted to publish straight-up fetish stuff in Young Animal there would be gallons of piss on the page, make no mistake. It's played for laughs, just... really uncomfortable laughs that can't quite escape the "making fun of the the thing while being the thing" thing. :ohdear:

This is the best of Miura's side-projects by a wide margin, though. Easy. It picks up a bit in coming chapters, translations of which should be not too far off.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Ghost devil rape manga artist crosses the line with little girl pee-pee.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is that really what was happening?

I just thought it was an intentional sort of fanservice/creep out thing or another. :negative:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

It's amazing to see a ton of talent being wasted on something horrible and embarassing!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

temple posted:

I think we have a proper thread title, Zorak.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

temple posted:

Ahem.

Ghost devil horse rape manga artist.

Can't forget the bestiality.

EDIT: Not that I'm defending Gigantomahkia, I decided not to read it (because it sounded like trash) the second I read NotZaar's post. More that I'm increasingly unsure how to defend my enjoyment of Berserk to people.

Maybe Miura's just getting it out of his system.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 17, 2014

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Not really a fan of the new series. Main character isn't interesting and the fetishes aren't my thing... Dunno I'll read the rest because it's short and it's Miura but yes I want elf island.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Pah dont worry, he'll only need 5 years or so of direct focus on this to finish it before he resumes Berserk.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like the way they give the idea of wrestling such a romantic, noble kind of air. Cause man, Hulk Hogan was never a romantic, noble kind of creature.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Wrong thread

Toadsniff fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jan 18, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
As hilarious as the crossover fanart could be, I think you're in the wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been reading through Berserk again since it's been years since I first did and I remember very little of the post-eclipse plot. I like how despite his appearance and mannerisms the skull knight is unequivocally a good guy; normally a character with his appearance/mannerisms would at the very least be an anti-hero, if not a villain. I forgot how often he pops up and rescues/helps out Guts and his posse. He's even the one who tells them "hey, the elf king might be able to heal Casca," which isn't really tied into some grander mission to vanquish evil; it's just him being nice/helpful.

edit: One other thing I noticed is that there's a twisted sort of logic to Griffith's actions. When the eclipse first starts he goes on this mental journey when he realizes that what he's been doing up until this point is sacrificing countless people for his dream, and that sacrificing his comrades isn't really any different than killing all of the other people he had killed up until that point. If he actually became a benevolent dictator, his actions would definitely fall into a morally grey zone. If I remember correctly, him become Femto and taking corporeal form ends up making a bunch of monsters/demons appear in the world, which would makes him undeniably bad, but if this wasn't the case it wouldn't be as clear.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 20, 2014