Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I can never seem to find good port forwarding guides for games that use the verion FIOS router. poo poo never works for me.

Is this what it should look like for forwarding the right ports? I have NEVER gotten this to loving work. I hate port forwarding. I hate that games need you to do poo poo like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Is there some sort of hidden rebellion timer where if there hasn't been a rebellion in a while it just happens? I have vassals that have 100 affection for my genius ubermensch emperor joining half the country in rebellion. Is it the phases of the moon or something?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Torrannor posted:

I know this forum is dominated by Americans and that is fine, so it is not surprising if there are references I don't understand. I had hoped the image was named something like Ben Stein 1.jpg so I could have looked it up, but since it wasn't I had to ask.

Do you have lands outside of de jure Germany? I think those vassals are not bound by your CA until they drift into your kingdom. And if you have two kingdoms then Medium CA will not stop the vassals of one kingdom fighting vassals of the other kingdom.

This is half right. Dukes with follow a king's CA no matter where his dejure land is, but as soon as you become emperor and put a king above him his CA will take over until de jure drift. Vassal kings with medium CA will not fight each other outside of wars of tyranny and plots.Also get the reverse google image search extension. :)

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

CapnAndy posted:

On the throne you could have sent him on pilgrimage to Rome, where he'd enter St. Peter's basilica and declare himself to be God,
This doesn't actually seem to be directly connected to the satanspawn thing at all, nor to Rome. It's just something possessed/lunatic characters can get when they go on pilgrimage, with a 10% chance.

quote:

All these magnificent temples built in your honor! Oh the glory! And all these pilgrims - finally you may revel in their adulation. Perhaps you should reveal yourself to the masses who have come to worship you?

Speak to them!
No, I shall enjoy this glorious time in silence.

quote:

Blasphemous fools! Do they not know their Lord? How dare they throw you out of your own temple?

I shall have my vengeance.

quote:

You have finally returned from your pilgrimage. Though the insolent rats did not recognize you or pay you proper homage, it was still an enlightening experience. Now there is plenty of time to prepare the day of reckoning.

They will pay for worshipping false idols.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I have a coupon for 50% off Crusader Kings II on Steam, figured I'd post in here and see if anyone wants it if they want to buy the game or perhaps gift it to a friend since I won't be using it. It expires on February 1st.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Mustang posted:

I can never seem to find good port forwarding guides for games that use the verion FIOS router. poo poo never works for me.

Is this what it should look like for forwarding the right ports? I have NEVER gotten this to loving work. I hate port forwarding. I hate that games need you to do poo poo like this.

Call Verizon and have them allocate you an IPv6 range instead. Problem solved!

But yes, that should basically be it, but most router modem combos are terrible and can't do simple things like NAT correctly. Could also be Windows Firewall, but it looks like EU4 registers itself with that properly, and CK2 probably does the same.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Eleven duchies in a row flipped catholic. A crusade against the Ilkhanate for Hungary flipped the ruler catholic. Holy warring pagans sucks. I miss the resolve of muslims.

CapnAndy posted:

The hit to levies outside your de jure territory goes by primary title, right? So if I'm Emperor of Britannia as my primary but just became King of Jerusalem, my Jerusalem troops are gonna get penalized because Jerusalem is not de jure Britannia?

Late response, but yes. The fact that I was Ireland/Jerusalem/Arabia/Syria/Mesopotamia (levies went from 160k to 17k) and wanted to continue on is why I haven't patched up yet. The sheer numbers in your realm will stop small local wars but you'll get jihaded out of there pretty quickly. Future crusades might have the kingdom flip for you and you can (with savescumming) hold and expand, but you're probably better off accepting that it'll go eventually. At least you get a boatload of prestige/piety and a bigger retinue cap for a bit.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
So I guess you can just have the antichrist assassinated. I'm kind of disappointed - it wasn't even particularly hard. I let the game run for a while but there's no sign of him walking off a knife in the ribs. Maybe I'll revert to a previous save and let him get old enough to raise his infernal army, see if taking him down then isn't more satisfying.

e

:mad: you are so grounded mister

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 18, 2014

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
My friend bought me this game and after several tries at Ireland, I finally put together the Empire of Alba today and coasted the last twenty years to the end of the game.

However, after I was king of three kingdoms (I think it started after I had Ireland, Wales, and Scotland) I started getting the 'controls too many duchies' negative with my vassals. The problem is, it didn't seem like I could give any more out. I went to my sons and relatives and random courtiers in my court, but the only duchy I could give away was the one with my capital. By the time I took England, the penalty was up to -50 or so, which was making everyone mad at me. What am I missing?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Were you conquering territory and then not forming the de jure duchies that territory would normally belong to?

I don't actually know for sure if the game keeps track of how many duchies you "really" control in that way, but if it did that might explain it. If you have any unformed duchies, make one and try to give it away.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Were you conquering territory and then not forming the de jure duchies that territory would normally belong to?

I don't actually know for sure if the game keeps track of how many duchies you "really" control in that way, but if it did that might explain it. If you have any unformed duchies, make one and try to give it away.

I had four unformed duchies for centuries since I took Wales and there wasn't any issue until I had more than two kingdoms. I'll try that next time I play, though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Oh, another possibility: do you have elective or tanistry succession laws? I don't believe there's any such thing as a "too many held kingdoms" opinion penalty, but there is a separate "too many elector titles" penalty, which can include kingdoms.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Oh, another possibility: do you have elective or tanistry succession laws? I don't believe there's any such thing as a "too many held kingdoms" opinion penalty, but there is a separate "too many elector titles" penalty, which can include kingdoms.

No, all of my kingdoms were Primogeniture.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

This is definitely not it - I hold unformed duchies all the time because I like playing Midas Touched rulers and usually do not have enough counties in two de jure duchies.

You have to give duchies to already-landed characters, and usually you want to grant duchies to a count in said duchy - have you tried that Zhaan?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Zhaan posted:

My friend bought me this game and after several tries at Ireland, I finally put together the Empire of Alba today and coasted the last twenty years to the end of the game.

However, after I was king of three kingdoms (I think it started after I had Ireland, Wales, and Scotland) I started getting the 'controls too many duchies' negative with my vassals. The problem is, it didn't seem like I could give any more out. I went to my sons and relatives and random courtiers in my court, but the only duchy I could give away was the one with my capital. By the time I took England, the penalty was up to -50 or so, which was making everyone mad at me. What am I missing?

I'm fairly sure you can only give duchies to someone who holds land in that duchy already, and I'm almost positive that only rulers that are Count-level or higher can receive duchies. On top of that, land grant rules are weird sometimes, you might have needed to give the duchy to someone in the same kingdom as the duchy or something like that. Depending on what duchies you had, you were probably trying to grant them to the wrong people. For future reference, you can check the titles you personally hold on the character screen: right below your character portrait and wife and stuff, there'll be two lines, with one showing the flags for all titles in your direct possession and the other listing available claims. Mouse over each title in the first line to see each title; if there's more than two duchies in that area, you've got too many duchies.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I've definitely handed out duchy-level titles to people who didn't hold any land in the duchy. (Although they did hold count-level titles.) Only as a Zoroastrian, though, if that makes any difference.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've definitely handed out duchy-level titles to people who didn't hold any land in the duchy. (Although they did hold count-level titles.) Only as a Zoroastrian, though, if that makes any difference.

Mickey McKey posted:

You have to give duchies to already-landed characters, and usually you want to grant duchies to a count in said duchy

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I was responding to Main Painframe.

Main Paineframe posted:

I'm fairly sure you can only give duchies to someone who holds land in that duchy already,

e: Although that does answer the part about Zoroastrians.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 18, 2014

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Mickey McKey posted:

This is definitely not it - I hold unformed duchies all the time because I like playing Midas Touched rulers and usually do not have enough counties in two de jure duchies.

You have to give duchies to already-landed characters, and usually you want to grant duchies to a count in said duchy - have you tried that Zhaan?

Ah, okay, that's it. I was trying all the guys I had that weren't landed since I was trying to keep my dukes from being super-dukes. I didn't try giving them away to any counts. Thank you.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Zhaan posted:

Ah, okay, that's it. I was trying all the guys I had that weren't landed since I was trying to keep my dukes from being super-dukes. I didn't try giving them away to any counts. Thank you.

Yeah, every ruler - be they a duke, a king, or even an emperor - also has to have at least one county to be their very own, since count titles are what actually hold land.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zhaan posted:

Happy to help :)

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I was responding to Main Painframe.

Ah, sorry for being sassy then.

Rhodry
Mar 4, 2001

Excuse me. Did somebody say they were lookin' for the baaadest detective in town?
So I'm playing CK2+, and I've just mended the schism as byzantium (orthodox) which is great except a month or so later the catholic schism mending event fires, making orthodoxy a catholic heresy. What can I do to unbreak this event? I tried just deleting it from the event file, didn't seem to work.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Lunethex posted:

I have a coupon for 50% off Crusader Kings II on Steam, figured I'd post in here and see if anyone wants it if they want to buy the game or perhaps gift it to a friend since I won't be using it. It expires on February 1st.

Idunno if you gave it out already, but add my steam A Pimp Named Bristleback (i think ive got some dumb anime avatar atm) and I'll gladly take that coupon off your hands :)

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

How do Great Holy Wars work? I thought you could call them once a ruler but my new ruler can't.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

The Middle Earth mod released a beta, it's apparently quite buggy though.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
My child-emperor just got the patient trait from a guy bullying him, and then the event fired again and he got the brave trait.

Kind of a hosed up message the game is sending there. :shepface:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
In a lot of the child-rearing events the "good" outcomes (i.e. ones that don't give negative traits) seem to involve beating your children.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Janissary Hop posted:

How do Great Holy Wars work? I thought you could call them once a ruler but my new ruler can't.

You are the Fylkir, right? Note that Great Holy Wars can only be called if both crusades AND jihads have been unlocked.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

XMNN posted:

In a lot of the child-rearing events the "good" outcomes (i.e. ones that don't give negative traits) seem to involve beating your children.

If you know a better way to cure cynicism, I'd like to hear it, Your Grace.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Torrannor posted:

You are the Fylkir, right? Note that Great Holy Wars can only be called if both crusades AND jihads have been unlocked.

So you could unlock holy wars for pagans by taking both a Christian holy site and a Muslim one?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Torrannor posted:

I am, and they have already been unlocked and my previous ruler called the first one. I am wondering why his successor can't.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

Yeah, every ruler - be they a duke, a king, or even an emperor - also has to have at least one county to be their very own, since count titles are what actually hold land.

Except for titular titles, but they're all NPCs.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Edison was a dick posted:

So you could unlock holy wars for pagans by taking both a Christian holy site and a Muslim one?

Not quite, Cordoba for example is a holy site of Sunni Islam but conquering it would not unlock jihads. Look it up at http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Crusades,_jihads_and_great_holy_wars

And of course your pagan faith has to be reformed.

hellsjudge
May 13, 2010

Janissary Hop posted:

I am, and they have already been unlocked and my previous ruler called the first one. I am wondering why his successor can't.

I believe as with calling Crusades from your Pope, there is a cooldown period for Great Holy Wars. When I became Falkyr I could call one every 20 or so years.

XMNN posted:

Well, duh. Weren't y'all ever disciplined as kids?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

hellsjudge posted:

Well, duh. Weren't y'all ever disciplined as kids?

Nope, that's why I grew up to be a slothful, greedy craven. :smith:

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So I'm running into a strange issue with the game not launching. I usually edit the costs of stuff in the Ruler Designer down to zero so I can mess around with gimmick characters but having the defines.lua edited in that manner makes the game not launch. I get the basic launcher with the dlc and mod selection tab but launch just closed CK2. If I have steam verify the files it switches the defines file back. This is with no mods of any sort on too.

The only thing I can think of is that I haven't played since well before they added all the steam achievements. Am I just boned out of doing this now or do I need to use a different method? I have no interest in ever trying or playing one second of Ironman so I'm kind of pissed if that is why I can't do that anymore.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Mustang posted:

I'm not terribly familiar with Verizon's routers but you should be forwarding to a local IP and it looks like you've typed an external IP address into that blurred field.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Main Paineframe posted:

This isn't true. I had a priest son who couldn't have any landed titles, but the game let me give him a duchy (because I couldn't give him counties) even though he didn't own any land at all. I had to do this to get him to shut up about not having any titles.

It was his choice to be a priest, why does he then complain he doesn't have any land? Stupid teenagers.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
On that kind of topic, people can really be a little too insistent about joining holy orders with SoA. I had my son demand twice to join one of them while I was in the middle of pressing his claim to the kingdom of Aquitaine. They should at least have to wait a while before asking again.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Stop raising your children to be Zealous, then :colbert: (No idea if this actually affects it)

• Locked thread