Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
And once you're on test, use the /testbuffme command to get auto-leveled to 25, free bags of oldschool equipment, and all your spells up to that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I finally found something that holds my interest! I completed the Epic 1.5 for my mage. I actually enjoyed all the travelling, etc. It was nice to actually have a purpose instead of mindlessly grinding hundreds of mobs. I think I am going to do the 1.0 & 1.5 for each class.

What kind of level/gear do I need to complete the 2.0's?

My group would be:

85 Monk - J5 Healer
85 Chanter - J1 Tank / 80 Necro
80 Druid
80 Wizard

Is that enough?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I'm pretty sure every 2.0 can be moloed by a bazaar-geared level 85.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

saintonan posted:

I'm pretty sure every 2.0 can be moloed by a bazaar-geared level 85.

I think there might be a problem moloing the orb.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

He won't be moloing OMM at that level, but the earlier bosses are doable.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

saintonan posted:

He won't be moloing OMM at that level, but the earlier bosses are doable.

Anguish is a raid dz.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Chum Scandal posted:

Anguish is a raid dz.

True enough, the molo part doesn't really apply to the orb.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

saintonan posted:

True enough, the molo part doesn't really apply to the orb.

I agree since it's impossible to use mercs there. I was just curious if you were using a hack or something to get them into the zone since "He won't be moloing OMM at that level, but the earlier bosses are doable." seems to imply you'd molo'd Anguish bosses.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Nope. I soloed Warden and Ture at 88 as a beastlord, but the rest of the 2.0 I moloed (though to be truthful the merc part probably isn't needed there either for pet classes). I would guess necros and mages would be able to do it sooner and with fewer AAs. Other classes might be dicier, I don't know.

In general 2.0s are far less of a pain in the rear end than 1.5s. There's an assload of running around for the 1.5, then from what I've seen most 2.0s are just a couple walkover fights plus the orb.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
An SK, probably other classes, can solo early anguish I think. You just need spare pubbies/buddies to form a raid then you go in and wreck the place by your self.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

darkhand posted:

An SK, probably other classes, can solo early anguish I think. You just need spare pubbies/buddies to form a raid then you go in and wreck the place by your self.

SKs shouldn't have any problem at all. I believe a raid geared SK was the first to solo OMM at 85 and Vish at 90. Lots of classes can do it at 100 of course.

You don't need spare buddies either, 5 offline level 1 alts work.

BloodThirster
Jan 8, 2001
I started up again after a few years. I'm currently boxing a bard/mage, am I setting myself up for grief at higher levels? I'm not high enough to make starting over a big deal yet. I'm not familiar with high end content at all, and I want to make sure I'm not putting a bunch of time into a duo that will suck. I mostly solo or have a friend or two with me.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

BloodThirster posted:

I started up again after a few years. I'm currently boxing a bard/mage, am I setting myself up for grief at higher levels? I'm not high enough to make starting over a big deal yet. I'm not familiar with high end content at all, and I want to make sure I'm not putting a bunch of time into a duo that will suck. I mostly solo or have a friend or two with me.

Magician/bard is pretty self-contained and very popular. Depending on what you mean by "high-end content" you'll be able to do a lot of it with relative ease.

BloodThirster
Jan 8, 2001

saintonan posted:

Depending on what you mean by "high-end content" you'll be able to do a lot of it with relative ease.

Thanks for the info. I was mostly referring to higher level solo/group content that I can do while boxing.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Chum Scandal posted:

SKs shouldn't have any problem at all. I believe a raid geared SK was the first to solo OMM at 85 and Vish at 90. Lots of classes can do it at 100 of course.

You don't need spare buddies either, 5 offline level 1 alts work.

I did all of the zone except OMM at 85 on my SK in Abstruse. Took a longass time and Jelvan I wiped to a couple times until I figured it out, but you can do at least enough for an orb at 85 solo as an SK easy. Ture and Hanvar are both just sit and wait until it dies even at 85.

The zone's kinda a pain in the rear end to solo for casters since it was one of those zones where caster resists are through the roof. You can use Kodaji to bash the gently caress out of the zone if you want/need him though. 1.5s/2.0s were my favorite thing to do too :kiddo:

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

If anyone has some spare time and is well endowed with them platinums, I'd gladly take some on the test server if you'd copy it over for me. :)

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Off-topic: Brad has a new Kickstarter for his new MMO. Here's our thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3601416 . Going to drop a note in a few Brad-related threads.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

The new race/class combo got decided yesterday it seems:

quote:

Since December, players have been voting for the race and class combination that they would like to see added to the game for the 15-year anniversary of EverQuest on March 16, 2014. The Race and Class Combo Clash has run several rounds, and in each round contestants have matched up with the winners from other brackets. Now that it’s all over, one single race/class contestant has risen to the top!

Winner: Wood Elf Beastlord

"Nature itself rises up against you, abomination. You cannot win!"

All Feir'Dal revere nature to some extent, but only the most devoted receive the great gift of Tunare: a personal treant protector. Alongside their blessed companion, Wood Elf Beastlords fight to protect nature everywhere, and punish any who seek to upset its balance. The natural warder is eager to gain vengeance for the atrocities it saw and suffered for thousands of years in its helpless form.

In addition to Wood Elf Beastlords, Froglok Monks will also become available as playable race/class combinations in-game on or around the 15th Anniversary of EverQuest on March 16, 2014. Welcome to the year of EverQuest and the celebration for 15 years of online gaming innovation!

Wood Elf... Beastlords. WTF. I don't know how that could possibly win over Dark Elf Bard, but perhaps SOE couldn't be bothered to do the work on shoehorning in a Bard guild in Neriak; easier with the free space in Kelethin.

Froggy Monk sounds awesome though, although of course it would have been sweetest with real old Upper Guk-style Frogloks. Imagine seeing a frog flying kick (flying backflip?) and feign death!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Pilsner posted:

The new race/class combo got decided yesterday it seems:

Wood Elf... Beastlords. WTF. I don't know how that could possibly win over Dark Elf Bard, but perhaps SOE couldn't be bothered to do the work on shoehorning in a Bard guild in Neriak; easier with the free space in Kelethin.

Froggy Monk sounds awesome though, although of course it would have been sweetest with real old Upper Guk-style Frogloks. Imagine seeing a frog flying kick (flying backflip?) and feign death!

The voting system was messed up, people were saying it was rigged from the start, but in all honesty they were lazy about it and locked you out from voting on the site... by a 24 hour cookie that you could delete, so people made some scripts to spam votes for their race/class combo they wanted, and SOE deleted those votes at the last minute, so there were last second upsets. It should have been an in game poll (they actually have a system in place for that... why the hell not use it) that required a gold account to vote in.

At least, thank god, the Drizzt wannabes lost. Although I don't see how anyone could have voted against iksar berserker. What a cool combo. And it makes sense, too, because when Iksars were originally released, they could not wear plate because of their scales. They got an innate AC bonus and regen to compensate for it. But it doesn't matter today.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Dark Elf anything seems insane with how easy it is to get a Guise of the Deceiver. On the other hand, a treant warder is stupid and ridiculous. Two equally bad choices.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

saintonan posted:

Dark Elf anything seems insane with how easy it is to get a Guise of the Deceiver. On the other hand, a treant warder is stupid and ridiculous. Two equally bad choices.

Just think how noisy that treant can be! Remember the sound the cacti in Overthere made? Speed it up to hasted attack round speed :getin:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

saintonan posted:

Yeah, bards especially can become whatever race they want really. My bard was a half elf and I was addicted to finding every illusion item I could. I think at this point he's almost permanently an earth elemental.

I kinda dig the idea of a Treant warder. At least it's unique.

robayon
Nov 26, 2001

robayon fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 5, 2020

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=52354 is a charm you can get early on. Just don't go out of your way to get it. Gear only really starts to matter at 80+ and you can buy better charms way easier then. You can safely ignore powersources straight-up until very far into level 100 as well. You can probably ignore tribute too, unless you're a necro.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 17, 2014

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

/testcopy all your characters to Test. That way you get free gold accounts plus all the vet rewards. Don't pay real money to upgrade your accounts, especially if this is just a nostalgia trip.

robayon
Nov 26, 2001

robayon fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 5, 2020

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

robayon posted:

Something strikes me as weird about playing on the test server. But I saw in the original post that there has not been a character wipe there in a gazillion years, right? And there's bonus exp? And the economy is meaningless?

I think the last time they said they were going to do a test character wipe was like 2002, and the outcry from people that played on test caused them to change their minds. I thought at the time they promised never to wipe test characters again.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

robayon posted:

Something strikes me as weird about playing on the test server. But I saw in the original post that there has not been a character wipe there in a gazillion years, right? And there's bonus exp? And the economy is meaningless?

True, true, and true. If you want to bazaar baron, do not come here. If you just want to chode, play a bunch of characters and smell the roses Test rules. Just don't expect competent raiding.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

robayon posted:

Anyone else here on Xegony? I picked Xegony beceause 1.) Galelor has a level 80 shaman there that I ganked money from and poo poo and 2.) I think one of the older servers that merged into it years ago was Xev, which was where I played, so maybe one day I'll dig up my ancient level 54 monk... hah...

Node and I both play on Xegony. I run a 100 druid and he has a 100 pal, but I haven't been on much outside of raids and beta recently.

You have people you're playing with on Xegony, stay there. Test for is people who want to box some stuff by themselves for a few weeks then quit. No servers offers any real low level grouping, but test also offers you nothing at the high end and a bazaar entirely dependent on /testcopy.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Test sucks. Yeah, you heard me, test players. Don't transfer or create there, it sucks. You suck. Suck me off. Suckers. :smug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EQ sucks nowadays. If you are going to play for a week or two and burn out, might as well get double XP and all the goodies. (For Free)

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

RCarr posted:

EQ sucks nowadays.

Not really. It does compared to a decade ago, but there isn't a better mmorpg out there except maybe a UO private shard.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Node posted:

Test sucks. Yeah, you heard me, test players. Don't transfer or create there, it sucks. You suck. Suck me off. Suckers. :smug:

That just leaves more room on Test for me to box and then quit after a few weeks :smugdog:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm surprised Sony hasn't come out with an official EQ Isboxer competitor. Seems if they released an easy to use and set up client that allows multi boxing and charged the same, they might actually bring in some easy money

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Node posted:

Nope it sucks period. Modern EQ is just plain awful. Not even RoI is having fun anymore, and since you leech all your gear from them, you probably won't be having much fun soon either :colbert:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

Nope it sucks period. Modern EQ is just plain awful.

Couldn't agree more. Every few months I get the craving to play and I'm just so disappointed every time. :(

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Nope it sucks period. Modern EQ is just plain awful. Not even RoI is having fun anymore, and since you leech all your gear from them, you probably won't be having much fun soon either :colbert:

I leeched a few months ago when I sucked. Now I know what I'm doing after talking to their paladins and other tanks, and actually contribute. I've even had a couple clutch moments. We're moving up to T4 for the alt raids, so I don't see the fun ending in the raiding aspect soon, for me at least. I know a few people will be taking a break from raiding T4 since they've been sick of it for a few months.

In vent, on the alt raids, it definitely sounds like people are enjoying themselves. There is serious talk, there is quiet talk, there is laughing when some dickhead like Veshin BDAs the main tank and gets people killed. Or when monks spam moving mountains on minis and piss off knight offtanks. And especially after the raids are over and people get drunk and we raid old stuff like HoT, or raids that drops mounts like Field of Scale and Clicknar Queen. Or that raid in some zone I never played in for some ghost bridle. I'm a paladin, so I don't want that poo poo since it isn't instant cast.

So I'm having a good time. Eat my farts!

edit: Just to be clear, I know your opinion is shared by many others so I'm not saying you're wrong or dumb or anything like that.

Node fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 18, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Node spends more time raiding with RoI than I do.

The situation the game is in right now is just so terrible. If I wasn't in RoI, I wouldn't still be playing. But gotta keep getting those firsts.

Oh, hey, this is actually a smilie :soe:

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

What's the raid currency hack going around? People on FV can't stop gloating about it in general but haven't seen what it is, just people complaining about buying gear that GMs take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Midnight City posted:

What's the raid currency hack going around? People on FV can't stop gloating about it in general but haven't seen what it is, just people complaining about buying gear that GMs take back.

check the test patch notes, probably something to do with the line about selling to vendors of you click fast enough.