Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Rinkles posted:

Expected, but it looks like despite being treated like a full fledged subscriber in every other respect, the trial does not entitle you to Makeb.

Don't subscribers still have to pay $10 or whatever to unlock Makeb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Not any more, subscribers have had it included for about half a year now.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

DankRhymer posted:

I just used this so hopefully you get some nice shiny stuff soon! I will also be bugging someone for a guild invite on Jedi Covenant Imp side sometime soon as well.

Thanks. That resulted in a new speeder. When you hit up a goon for invite they'll most likely just want to see you post your char name in this thread to confirm.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Didn't realize the referral thing gave you so many benefits. Tossing mine into the ring.

http://www.swtor.com/r/fVCmVY

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I am SLIGHTLY outlvl'd for Durnomd Kass(the 2nd bounty hunter planet) I am 17 as a Powertech Bounty Hunter.
In terms of what colour the quest are, I am colourblind and hate the mission/crafting setup lol.

Just to mention. You can outlevel content so they turn grey, but if you are colourblind, you can also check out the quest reward in the log. If it's less then 10 exp, it is grey and to low level for you.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Quests turn grey when they are six levels below you.

Hence, I always try to do content that is exactly five levels below me.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I know I am going to sound stupid but how do I make an account for this game? When ever I try to put in a new display name or the one from my Origin account it just tells me it is unavailable or invalid.

Edit: Nevermind got it. Turns out I can't use numbers.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 19, 2014

Place Ad Here
Mar 15, 2005

Keshik posted:

Quests turn grey when they are six levels below you.

Hence, I always try to do content that is exactly five levels below me.

It was a bitch leveling to 59 so I could do those last few 54 quests before I did the ones at 55.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
A guild mate posted something about using lower level gear to take advantage of bolster for pvp before you get true pvp gear. He said something along the lines of blue 66 mods being close to ideal. I can't find this anywhere else, and would have thought it would be posted all over the place. Anyone know if this is accurate? I haven't had time to experiment with it to test it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Stan S. Stanman posted:

A guild mate posted something about using lower level gear to take advantage of bolster for pvp before you get true pvp gear. He said something along the lines of blue 66 mods being close to ideal. I can't find this anywhere else, and would have thought it would be posted all over the place. Anyone know if this is accurate? I haven't had time to experiment with it to test it.

I think it's true. My stats and HP seem lower when I'm in purples than blues.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

How are the storyline quests republic side? I'm coming back for the first time since release and I'm trying to decide whether to go IA-Operative or Sawbones-Smuggler for easy questing, but the fact that all the storylines are different is making the choice pretty hard.

edit: I apparently had a ton of cartel coins from buying a keyfob when they first got released and blew it on unlocking Zabrak, Sith Purebloods and Mirialans. :getin:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mormon Star Wars posted:

How are the storyline quests republic side? I'm coming back for the first time since release and I'm trying to decide whether to go IA-Operative or Sawbones-Smuggler for easy questing, but the fact that all the storylines are different is making the choice pretty hard.

edit: I apparently had a ton of cartel coins from buying a keyfob when they first got released and blew it on unlocking Zabrak, Sith Purebloods and Mirialans. :getin:

IA is way better than Smuggler story wise. Plus if you play on Jedi Covenant, you play with goons.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wow the story straight up took Kaliyo from me.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Is there a repository of the differences between Republic and Empire animations? Curious about that before I roll a knight of some kind. Does marauder/sentinel still have a ton of buttons like the OP indicates?

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Xeras posted:

Is there a repository of the differences between Republic and Empire animations? Curious about that before I roll a knight of some kind. Does marauder/sentinel still have a ton of buttons like the OP indicates?

Not really sure about that, but what I can tell you is that I think most of the Republic animations feel "off" to me. Like, a Marauder's animation look more like he/she's actually trying to kill the target while a Sentinel looks like he/she's just waving shiny sticks around the target hoping that they'll die (and don't get me started on that Master Strike).

The only animations that I like is the Slinger's (because, aside from Vital shot, they're done pretty well) and the Commando (because I prefer a rotary cannon over two blaster pistols any day).

Oh, and Maras/Sents may have a ton of buttons, but you may actually only end up using 7 of them frequently (minus CDs), depending on your spec.

ThreeSixXero fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 19, 2014

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

:confused: Are you the healer or DPS?
:downs: lol dps but it's faster to queue as healer lol
:confused: Can you actually heal? As in, specced into it?
:downs: Sure.
:confused: So, you'll be switching on support cylinder then?
:downs: Why?

Every other day it seems. People are terrible.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

That was fun doing lowbie Flashpoints when we had lovely tanks or healers with this most recent character. "Guys, lets just kick him. My Treek has 6k more HP than him."

Sniper questions as I'm nearing max with her...

Set bonus for snipers worth keeping the Campaign armorings in? It was said earlier that it was best for Assassins, but I don't know if the 2 energy regen from Acquiring Target/Energy cost reduction in Takedown is enough to lose the +Cunning from going to 69s eventually.

And augments - Power or Cunning?

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Hulk Smash! posted:

Similar conversations between me and supposed "DPS" who are in their tank forms for some reason.

They don't pull off of the MT or anything, but that's a rather severe decrease in DPS output from one person right there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ThreeSixXero posted:

Similar conversations between me and supposed "DPS" who are in their tank forms for some reason.

They don't pull off of the MT or anything, but that's a rather severe decrease in DPS output from one person right there.

I healed a *55 Hard Mode* a while back, and the Assassin was in Dark Charge. I said "Uhhh dude you're in the wrong stance." He said "I'm hybrid spec." I said "Well, if so, that's not the best stance to be in when you're DPS'ing." He replied "Shut up, it makes your job easier because I heal myself. Quit if you can't handle it."

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Medullah posted:

Sniper questions as I'm nearing max with her...

Set bonus for snipers worth keeping the Campaign armorings in? It was said earlier that it was best for Assassins, but I don't know if the 2 energy regen from Acquiring Target/Energy cost reduction in Takedown is enough to lose the +Cunning from going to 69s eventually.

That depends on your current crit, but in general I'd say use cunning augs so you you can remove excess crit (really only need one piece or so to get you to ~21) and add more overall power.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Medullah posted:

I healed a *55 Hard Mode* a while back, and the Assassin was in Dark Charge. I said "Uhhh dude you're in the wrong stance." He said "I'm hybrid spec." I said "Well, if so, that's not the best stance to be in when you're DPS'ing." He replied "Shut up, it makes your job easier because I heal myself. Quit if you can't handle it."

And then what? Did the rest of the team votekick him? DPS sassing a healer is a good idea.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Deja vu from a few days ago when I queued into Mando Raiders HM with my Shadow. First real pull the only heal I get from the Scoundrel healer is a single Kolto Pack.

Can I get Slow-Release?
why?
This'll go much faster if I don't use every CD and have to meditate after every pull.
no faster if i dps
Are you even Sawbones?
no dps

Whatever, start zoning out when the DPS start flipping out begging me to stay but sorry I already put the healer on ignore, good luck. Admittedly I'm 4 pieces away from fully-optimized Dread Forged so I probably could tank it with iffy heals but I'm not about the encourage that behavior especially when my queues are quick and plentiful.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You can't get away with stuff like that without self heals keeping you topped off. You probably could have kicked him, queued and used a well geared treek though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Captain Backslap posted:

And then what? Did the rest of the team votekick him? DPS sassing a healer is a good idea.

He was guildies with the tank so I said screw it, I'd queued long enough. I just did as he asked and didn't heal him, he had to vanish a few times which was funny, but to his credit he never mentioned that I wasn't healing him.

Styles
Jul 17, 2004

Stan S. Stanman posted:

you want purple pve 69 hilt/barrel/armoring in your main and offhand
purple pve 63 mod
purple pve 61 enhancement
augment (doesn't matter) augment doesn't get bolstered anymore

The magic number here is a total of 193. Anything over doesn't get bolstered and if one of them has expertise than the others wont get bolstered.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=711393
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

Also you want the crafted level 53 purple implants that give the 4 offense or 3 defense stats. Those will also bolster to item level and get you to 2018 expertise.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Just got to level 10 with my Jedi Shadow, and remember somebody mentioning that the infiltration tree was poo poo, and that Balance was better for DPS. Is this pretty much true, or does it come down more to a matter of taste?

I have a hard time figuring out exactly what makes the trees different just by trying to read and compare a couple dozen passive bonuses; it sounds like infiltration is for burst damage, balance is for DOT?

I'm mostly interested in PVE stuff, I'll just be doing lowbie warzones to hit the dailies and level.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Sniper set bonus is pretty useless. Augments should be Power.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
For PvE, is one Sith Warrior advanced class better than the other? I'm leaning towards Juggernaut.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Farecoal posted:

For PvE, is one Sith Warrior advanced class better than the other? I'm leaning towards Juggernaut.

Depends on what you want to do. Marauder is pure dps. Jugg has a dps spec and the ability to tank. Tank spec will get you a much easier time joining group finder flashpoints (it's nearly instant if you're a tank on my server).

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Just got to level 10 with my Jedi Shadow, and remember somebody mentioning that the infiltration tree was poo poo, and that Balance was better for DPS. Is this pretty much true, or does it come down more to a matter of taste?

I have a hard time figuring out exactly what makes the trees different just by trying to read and compare a couple dozen passive bonuses; it sounds like infiltration is for burst damage, balance is for DOT?

Balance has better sustained damage and much better multi-target damage as soon as it gets Force in Balance at level 20. Deception has better burst damage, which is king in PvP, but it requires you to be behind the target, which can be tricky in PvE. Most of the levelling content is multi-target burst, so you can pick your poison there. I levelled with the assassin version of Infiltration and didn't have any trouble with it, but Balance might be a bit faster.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I usually have more fun with abilities that do lots of damage immediately, rather than having to juggle and keep track of DoTs, so if infiltration is even remotely viable I sort of want to use that, even if it's a little bit suboptimal. I was just worried that infiltration would be some kind of "don't pick that tree, it's worthless until they fix it in a patch you dummy" spec and I wouldn't realize it for hours and hours.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So I got transferred to JC thanks to the super awesome referral link. Name is Dorahien, if anyone wants to toss me a guild invite.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Styles posted:

you want purple pve 69 hilt/barrel/armoring in your main and offhand
purple pve 63 mod
purple pve 61 enhancement
augment (doesn't matter) augment doesn't get bolstered anymore

The magic number here is a total of 193. Anything over doesn't get bolstered and if one of them has expertise than the others wont get bolstered.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=711393
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204

Also you want the crafted level 53 purple implants that give the 4 offense or 3 defense stats. Those will also bolster to item level and get you to 2018 expertise.

What's the math for bracer/belt that only has 2 mod slots?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I'm level 45 going into Corellia on my sorcerer, thanks to the non-subscriber XP penalty. Should I expect to have to grind out a level or two in order to finish my class story? I'm starting to regret all those flashpoints and warzones I didn't do.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Walrus Pete posted:

I'm level 45 going into Corellia on my sorcerer, thanks to the non-subscriber XP penalty. Should I expect to have to grind out a level or two in order to finish my class story? I'm starting to regret all those flashpoints and warzones I didn't do.

I think the level range for Corellia is 47-50, so... it depends? Quests that are two levels above you are (theoretically) totally doable, and if you were maintaining XP boosters and had the relevant Legacy XP boosts unlocked, you might be able to at least keep that gap from getting any bigger without having to queue for anything, especially since you'll be getting extra XP by turning in orange quests. If not, you might want to start queueing for stuff now, or do some Bounties or something, those give good XP for the amount of time you spend on them.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
You can get away with under-levelling most content by 3-4 levels. The final fight is a step up in difficulty, although fighting smart still can get you through it at 48. It's possible to do it at 46-47 too, but if you're not 48 by the time you're about to hit the end of Corellia, level grinding might be the less painful approach.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Also don't sleep on the bounty week quests, they give a nice chunk of exp.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Ok transfer to JC went through just seemed to take some time.

Odyneth lvl 50 Sith Jugg Immortal spec as of now but haven't played in over a year so still feeling around and checking out the changes.

One question I have is I have like fully augmented War Hero pvp gear, is that going to be considered 'soft'? And are there any suggestions? I do like to get my PVP dailies but don't want to just melt all the time while trying to do it. Also, 79 valor if that makes any difference.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TeeMerk posted:

Ok transfer to JC went through just seemed to take some time.

Odyneth lvl 50 Sith Jugg Immortal spec as of now but haven't played in over a year so still feeling around and checking out the changes.

One question I have is I have like fully augmented War Hero pvp gear, is that going to be considered 'soft'? And are there any suggestions? I do like to get my PVP dailies but don't want to just melt all the time while trying to do it. Also, 79 valor if that makes any difference.

Hey if you want to have fun, look at how much Experise that War Hero gear has! Go ahead...look right now...

(They stripped Expertise off all War Hero gear...it's now just normal gear. Yay!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So I spent time on Oricon today to see the storyline, and it's pretty cool.

I found two areas with quick travel stations, the second I found by falling in a hole and respawning there.

Are the speeders meant to be taxis between the two areas? Because I click on one and can't actually choose anything...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread