Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Wow, rip Nabbout. At least everyone is getting a drinks break I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

loving hell bt sport just changed the feed because he's properlu not moving. Not good at all.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I see we share the same stream! gently caress 40 degree heat for a laugh, no way was I catching the train up from Geelong

E:aaaaaaarchiiieeeee

Tongues fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 14, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

It's insane that it's still above 40 at 8pm. I would have gone but I'm still mad that they charge me an extra $3 or something on top of my season ticket to go tonight, because it's all reserved seating. Which also means I can't meet up with mates at the game. Screw paying a premium for that.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Yeah that's a bit of a joke, for a midweek fixture they should be half price. I just wonder how long victory can keep the energy up, at the moment they look up for it!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Kosta is insanely quick. I really wish he would do that every time though instead of putting it straight at the keeper

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm not sure I've ever seen a man as sweaty as Leijer looked just now, he's hosed

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Yeeeeeaaasss more goals cunts! :getin:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Thankyou melbourne victory for fighting the roar's war on terror!

roarcelona
Feb 13, 2012

Laughing at Sydney FC
Forever and Ever
Great result Tuesday. Four and seven points over the next best teams in the comp, having played a game less.

Taking a pretty depleted squad over to Perth Friday, Adelaide's merciless hacking of Broich looks set to rule him out at least this week.

Then a home game against the Phoenix. We've only ever beaten Sydney FC more at Suncorp.

Should at least maintain that four point gap with the fixtures soon to pile up for Mariners, Wanderers and the Victards.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Emerton out, Rogic to return. Whole standard of the league to increase by an order of magnitude

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Replacing Nichols with Rogic would be an outrageous bit of business by the Victory

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shmoses posted:

Replacing Nichols with Rogic would be an outrageous bit of business by the Victory

I'm rubbing my thighs and phwoaring real hard at the idea of this. Rogic is 10 times the player Nichols is, at least on a technical level. Only let down is that we'd only have him on loan, but that's neither here nor there really.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I've definitely done my share of greedy hand rubs at this point. I don't even care who he'd end up replacing, the youth policy from Tuesday night worked a treat and I'd just be excited to see him go about his business again.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The only problem being is that he tends to blow out of puff by half time.

Still would have him back at the Mariners in heartbeat. But I suspect we is too poor.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I am convinced Heart are double agents sent to destroy the league - has any team ever played this boring a game plan before? At least Adelaide occasionally do something with the ball and have started being entertaining

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
aaaaaand both the crowd go wild

Edit: :siren: Melbourne Heart Football Soccer Association Club Collective have scored A Goal :siren:

Edit 2: gently caress me, two

Tongues fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 17, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
NZ knights were pretty bad. Even Gold Coast, Fury, the great Maribers horrible Anus and even Heart were nothing compared to the Knights.

Heart finally look like they may have a clue and Newy are flatter than a can of KB. 2 - 1 flatters the jest and kanta should be in the stands, shithouse reffing strikes again.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Could the jest be the first team bad enough to lose to the heart?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I never actually saw the NZ knights play, I may have to trawl through YouTube a bit. They were the bastards rebranding of the Football Kingz weren't they?

Edit: I think there's a bigger crowd in the multi lingual slow down ads than in aami tonight

Tongues fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 17, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

I never actually saw the NZ knights play, I may have to trawl through YouTube a bit. They were the bastards rebranding of the Football Kingz weren't they?

Pretty well much. One sad shithouse team turned into the worst team I ever had the privilege to pay real money to watch of almost any sporting code.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
As a giants fan, this sounds right up my alley. A quick googling mentions there is a group that wants to reform the team and reenter it into the competition, but we might have to file that under "when misfud scores a goal"

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
:siren: mate duganzic brace, apocalypse is here :siren:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'm thinking Berisha may have an extended break there.

Edit: Also Perth are still shite.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 17, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Lowe is my new favourite coach ever, just called his defence poo poo in the post game press conference

E: I see victory have gone back to playing like poo poo, interesting tactic

Tongues fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 18, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
GUI Finkler Mr Commentator, Gui. Not Gus

e: :suicide:
:shepicide:
:downsgun:

Tongues fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 18, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rogic can't come quick enough it seems.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I blame my girlfriends dad for this. He was round earlier, I made him a coffee in a Victory mug and said that he better drink it because we had a game today.

So because I'm retarded with coffee, I'm doomed the team. drat it all

e:strongly worded text message enroute

e2: more strongly worded text sent

Tongues fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 18, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
You shall never have anyone drink from that mug again, for it is clearly cursed.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Mariners have slaughtered so many opportunities, calling FC win now.

Edit: never believe my predictions ever. 0-1 a fair result, and angry bozza is awesome.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 18, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rumour: GVE to be sacked tomorrow.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
You know, I actually thought the mug being bad luck was bullshit, so I made another drink. Bam, Robbie Kruse tears his ACL

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
This week's Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is Western Sydney vs Adelaide United starting at 2am est/1am cst/11pm pst.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
An improving Adelaide at home versus a WSW which have a few personnel dramas at the moment.

Edit: And on GVE

The Tiser posted:

The Advertiser has learnt that Van Egmond will be officially told he has been dumped this morning with former Socceroo striker Clayton Zane to be handed the job in a caretaker capacity for the rest of the season.

In a further change, veteran striker Michael Bridges will take on the duel roles of assistant coach and player for the remainder of the season with Van Egmond's current assistant Craig Deans tipped to be offered the youth job.

It's understood Van Egmond is "off" with a number of players and sources within the club claim it's his lack of man-management skills rather than his tactical coaching nous that has led to his sacking.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 19, 2014

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

FFS.. We've been after GVE for ages, I bet we sack Farina now and end up with that useless oval office.

In other news if the FFA have any balls WSW are about to lose 3 points:
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-soccer-fans-ambushed-bashed-in-park-20140119-31340.html

This definitely happened and was a targeted attack by Wanderers groups. Interesting times.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That is pretty disgusting but I don't see why it should fall on WSW. Clearly a gang of cunts did a dogs act and possibly are WSW fans, but aside from banning AMOK members from a league games there really isn't a goiod response.

edit: Also Ninja Steve, you don't seem to be checking the secret santa thread so did you recieve a small parcel from the victory club shop?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Also rogic to victory until the end of may on loan is but a bees dick away with rogic landing in Melbourne tomorrow.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
On one hand I'm excited by the prospect of having such a technically proficient player in the squad. but on the other I'm a little paranoid that he can't save the team like we need and the Big Blue game will end 0-0 with all players injured and the West Gate collapsing.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Byolante posted:

edit: Also Ninja Steve, you don't seem to be checking the secret santa thread so did you recieve a small parcel from the victory club shop?

I haven't had solid internet for the past week or so but it rocked up yesterday. Thanks heaps man.

For content, I am so incredibly stoked that we've swapped Nichols for Rogic. Not that any amount of talent could have stopped King Carlos from destroying us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Whilst I too believe Rogic is the second coming, I must warn he only started to put in solid shifts at the end of his time at the Mariners - and that was with his lord of fitness Andrew Clark.

One wonders how fit players are, and what their regimes are like in Scotlard, given that it is often pointed out that whilst our league isn't as technical as others, physical fitness seems to be a cut above most leagues.

What I'm trying to say is that don't be surprised that you may only get twenty minutes to begin with, and maybe a full match by the end of his loan.

• Locked thread