Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Weird question: can you visit Giant Bomb? (As in eye-arr-ell, not the website)

I'm flying from the UK to the US in March and am visiting San Francisco. Seems like it would be cool to drop by and meet Vinny and co.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

VagueRant posted:

I'm flying from the UK to the US in March and am visiting San Francisco. Seems like it would be cool to drop by and meet Vinny and co.

They've been pretty clear in saying they don't like people just stopping by unannounced. It is a place of work after all.

I'm sure if you write them in advance they're cool with you just stopping by and saying hello. Though I don't know if regular people can just get into the CBS building without an appointment.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

VagueRant posted:

Of course not, you retard. It's a business, and no one wants unknown people dropping in.

The proper way to do it is to hang out in front of the building and wait for them to go for lunch, then hurredly approach them and fawn all over them while asking if they want to check out your Pokedex.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

You can only visit them if you bring a box with 1000 twinkies with you.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 6, 2015

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yea, please don't drop by their offices because that is just weird.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea, please don't drop by their offices because that is just weird.

I agree, he should drop by their houses instead.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
You should absolutely do it. Make sure to covertly snatch a strand of Brad's hair, or his fingernails if you can get at 'em!

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
You guys are big meanies. :saddowns: Remember to bring spiders for Jeff. He likes those, just like video games.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Some cold blooded motherfuckers in this thread.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Some cold blooded motherfuckers in this thread.

Rap Man doesn't appreciate people trying cut in on his hunking business.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

VagueRant posted:

I know we all like them, but you have to remember that they are not your friends. This came up a lot when Ryan passed, that a lot of us feel like we have come to know these people, and while that's true, it doesn't go both ways.

They don't want random internet people showing up at the office. Don't be an internet weirdo.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I think the best possible resolution of this problem is for you to go over to America, buy loads of candy there, take it back to the UK with you and then send it all to them in a parcel.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It's still a bit weird but probably not too weird if you were to bring them a mailbag parcel of British chocolate and hand-deliver it since you're going to be in the area anyway. Americans go nuts for even the most basic of chocolate bars since theirs is all utter poo poo. Bring a bunch of Toffee Crisps and BLOW THEIR MINDS.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I mean unless I misremember, they've said they're perfectly fine with you stopping by if you just ask first. Worst that can happen is that they say no. I would definitely bring something, though.

You know, something fitting. Like a giant bomb or something

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

People send these guys food and other weird stuff all the time, someone sent Patrick a whole computer for crying out loud, meeting them in person and getting a picture or whatever you want is infinitely less weird.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Send them a box of stuff that they'll throw on top of the box pile and ignore for 6 months. Maybe you'll get 2 seconds on camera where they open your box and say "Thanks I guess" before tossing it on top of the opened box pile (possibly a different pile).

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I think if you actually want to send them something they'll want to ingest, send them weird booze and FMV games.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Liquid Penguins posted:

Make sure to ask brad why he is bad at games to his face.

If this thread is any indication, if you just say "Brad is bad at games" three times in a mirror or on a forum Brad will appear in person wherever you are.

Since Rorie is the outside contact guy, you might want to message him on the site or twitter or something to ask if visiting would be possible.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Send them a fruit basket. They need it.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The proper way to do it is to hang out in front of the building and wait for them to go for lunch,

I know your joking, but I actually did this when I was in SF and ended up tagging along with them. Jeff seemed in kind of a lovely mood though and didn't want to record an intro for my podcast.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Orgone Accumulator posted:

I know your joking, but I actually did this when I was in SF and ended up tagging along with them. Jeff seemed in kind of a lovely mood though and didn't want to record an intro for my podcast.

I'm getting douche chills already.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

:stare:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

...the gently caress?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stay the gently caress away from Giant Bomb.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Best way to get into the GB office: bring a dog (preferebly a french bulldog or pug) and let Rorie know. When he comes downstairs and is distracted trying to chomp it, steal his ID and use it to get past security.

e: Random thing, but Eric Pope continues the trend of people related to GB having kids.

https://twitter.com/MrPope/status/424648734925135873

Holy hell that dude is bald :stare:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

i wonder why

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I hope that's a joke. Because that's a mental thing to do.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
God I hope Jeff posts and confirms that story.

UK duder: don't be that guy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

:lol:

Imagine just wanting to go to lunch without being hosed with and then some random stranger camps out until you leave the building and then decides they are gonna follow you around and eat with you. You'd be stoked, especially when they started asking you to record plugs for them.

Other people touched on it but I just wanted to spell it out for you since you obviously entirely missed why Jeff was having a bad day.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 19, 2014

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
This is why I don't go up and say hi to them at PAX, I don't want to look like one of those guys.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PAX is like the only place where you can appropriately go up to them and say hi. My friend got Ryan to show him his breast milk winnings (paltry).

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I've just ended up running into them on the PAX floor at random times, you don't really plan on meeting them there besides the panel and parties they do.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Maybe just leave your super cool mailbag outside the CBSi door. But make sure its in a pipe with wires sticking out of it that's international code for "open me first".

God don't actually do that

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Steam forums had a number of people on day one who swapped their saves over for Batman/Bioshock ( including me with City ), and they worked fine upfront, but a few hours later recorrupted.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City have a long history of corrupting their own save files on multiple platforms, I doubt the GFWL to SteamWorks conversion was involved.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

"Welcome to the Giant StalkerCast, I'm this week's guest victim Jeff Gerstmann"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Crowbear posted:

Best way to get into the GB office: bring a dog (preferebly a french bulldog or pug) and let Rorie know. When he comes downstairs and is distracted trying to chomp it, steal his ID and use it to get past security.

e: Random thing, but Eric Pope continues the trend of people related to GB having kids.

https://twitter.com/MrPope/status/424648734925135873

Holy hell that dude is bald :stare:

I'm assuming that kid was born wearing hipster dork glasses, but the nurses removed them at some point.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Don't be a creep and go to their office, instead use mixlr to stalk Jeff to his home using audio clues.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm assuming that kid was born wearing hipster dork glasses, but the nurses removed them at some point.

You beat me to the punch you poo poo :argh:

Also, yeah, am I insane or have I never seen him without a hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Last year at PAX I went out to dinner before the Giant Bomb panel, and the entire GB crew and friends came in and sat at the table next to ours.

I didn't do anything but say "Looking forward to the panel tonight!" to Patrick while I walked out past them, since I could tell they didn't really want to be disturbed during their nice meal.

• Locked thread