Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I found more obtuse the location system, it was really exasperating not being able to attack because the demons were outside of my range :argh:

Thanks to the inmunity on Lilim and Gozuh- Tenoh I spent the better part of the fights on auto battle, just taking control at the bosses (and I never bothered to get Persona cards, the fusion system was terrible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

One thing I really liked was the special moves that would trigger from your persona when you were low on health, like a full heal or attack.
It made it seem like the persona had a mind of its own.

Also I liked having machine-guns.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

The_Frag_Man posted:

One thing I really liked was the special moves that would trigger from your persona when you were low on health, like a full heal or attack.
It made it seem like the persona had a mind of its own.

Also I liked having machine-guns.

This happened?! What?!

Is this some secret mechanic the game never explained or did I just not get the super best persona that had this ability?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

laplace posted:

This happened?! What?!

Is this some secret mechanic the game never explained or did I just not get the super best persona that had this ability?

When low on health your persona would do some move on its own sometimes. I think it only happened if you had max rank, maybe affinity effected it too.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

ChaosArgate posted:

The experience system in Persona 1 is one of the worst things I've tried. Who thought it was a good idea to give experience based on how much a character was used in battle? :argh:

The PC port of P1 actually evenly divides player EXP, among other game changes, none of which were carried over to P1P.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man, Atlus did everything they could to make you regret wanting to choose the Neutral path in SMTIV, huh?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Man, Atlus did everything they could to make you regret wanting to choose the Neutral path in SMTIV, huh?

That is what you get for having a heart full of neutrality.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hope they end up releasing an expanded edition down the line that includes an actually satisfying ending.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hope they end up releasing an expanded edition down the line that includes an actually satisfying ending.

The Chaos ending was completely satisfying.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hope they end up releasing an expanded edition down the line that includes an actually satisfying ending estoma spell that actually works.

I agree.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Look I both didn't want to kill Isabeau and take on both God and Lucifer at the same time.

Is that so wrong? Do I truly deserve all of these sidequests because I want to wreck every deity I possibly can?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
Speaking of SMT IV, the soundtrack is finally getting released on February 26th. 112 tracks on four CDs. :allears:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

alcharagia posted:

The Chaos ending was completely satisfying.

I disagree. It was the first route I went for and I thought it was boring. Although it's hard to top TDE from Nocturne so I guess I was going to be let down regardless.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The cover they showed off does list the copyright dates as 1992 to 2012, which is odd. The game came out in 2013 and Index was still kicking then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That cover is pretty metal, god drat.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

What's metal about a round hand-shaped mirror?

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Law ending master race :colbert:

Choosing Walter over Jonathan? How dare you.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'll be satisified if they remove the bullshit way to found the fiends. Assholes :argh:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/17/persona-q-shadow-labyrinth-introduces-chie-akihiko/

More Persona Q videos. Chie and Akihiko

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have only one request, Atlus. Please, please release information on how the following scene happens soon.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's all Rick Moranis' fault.

Dynamics
Sep 8, 2006

I'm da man!
These trailers make me wonder from whose perspective you're actually following through the game. Is it a choice of MC from 3 or 4? Does it switch between other characters according to the story? Either way, pretty excited for Q!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dynamics posted:

These trailers make me wonder from whose perspective you're actually following through the game. Is it a choice of MC from 3 or 4? Does it switch between other characters according to the story? Either way, pretty excited for Q!

They said before you get to pick MC3 or Yu.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

They said before you get to pick MC3 or Yu.

And apparently they are entirely different "campaigns", at least according to what they've said. I bet you'll need to beat both to see the true ending or whatever.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It's the best ending though! Neutral always is in SMT because they always make the moral "don't be assholes but don't become slaves"

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
Taking bets that P4A2 will end with the P3 and P4 crew finding out that Nyarlothotep is the one behind Erebus trying to come into contact with Nyx. Elizabeth learns how to finally destroy Erebus, thus freeing MC3 from being a statue. Then we'll have 2 people, a robot, and a Velvet Room denizen with the Wild Card power, who may become mentors or party members for P5. P5 will be about Nyarlothotep's newest attempt to gently caress with the world, and the new characters from that game will be charged with finding out what happened to Philemon and find some way to forever stop Nyarlothotep.

Calling it now.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Gishin posted:

Taking bets that P4A2 will end with the P3 and P4 crew finding out that Nyarlothotep is the one behind Erebus trying to come into contact with Nyx. Elizabeth learns how to finally destroy Erebus, thus freeing MC3 from being a statue. Then we'll have 2 people, a robot, and a Velvet Room denizen with the Wild Card power, who may become mentors or party members for P5. P5 will be about Nyarlothotep's newest attempt to gently caress with the world, and the new characters from that game will be charged with finding out what happened to Philemon and find some way to forever stop Nyarlothotep.

Calling it now.

P4A2's story mode is currently playable for a few of the characters, and I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find spoilers for it.

I've played it as Sho and Yu and It so far has no foreshadowing for P5 unless Sho is some sort of P5 cameo crossover.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

laplace posted:

P4A2's story mode is currently playable for a few of the characters, and I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find spoilers for it.

I've played it as Sho and Yu and It so far has no foreshadowing for P5 unless Sho is some sort of P5 cameo crossover.

I haven't played P4A2 at all and know very little about it, honestly. Sho could be in P5 though, like how Vincent first showed up in P3P. It's also likely it won't all come together until some kind of "true end" is unlocked.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, I really hope P5 isn't tied up in some metaplot that I don't care that much about, and is just its own thing. A few hints and nods are one thing, but I don't want party members from past Persona games, any longterm appearances from the cast of P3/P4, whatever. I just want a cool JRPG that stands by itself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, to be honest, I hope Persona Q and Persona 4A are basically them getting all that poo poo out of their system so P5 can just be its own thing instead of Persona 4 Part 2 or whatever.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Endorph posted:

Honestly, I really hope P5 isn't tied up in some metaplot that I don't care that much about, and is just its own thing. A few hints and nods are one thing, but I don't want party members from past Persona games, any longterm appearances from the cast of P3/P4, whatever. I just want a cool JRPG that stands by itself.

Yeah, agreed. I'm really quite sick of P4 and adding P3 stuff to it did not help, so I just want something new.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

We'll probably get the continuation of Philemon vs Nyarlathotep and have minor cameos of previous games like 3/4 had of the 1/2 cast. It would add more detail to the plot while keeping the writing out of old stuff.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's the best ending though! Neutral always is in SMT because they always make the moral "don't be assholes but don't become slaves"

Oh it totally is and it feels super satisfying to get to the end and just watch the dome around Tokyo crumble to the ground after all of the stuff I had to do. That and not forsaking every single person of one side and instead beating down Lucifer and Merkabah. Seeing everyone be at ease at the end and happy about being able to drink wine and stuff was great too.

The ending is short, but it says enough for what it is.

Quick question, does anyone know how to initiate the Isabeau manga cutscenes? I have a save before the final boss of the neutral route and don't know if I'm able to get them or not at this point. I tried to find a youtube clip of that stuff and it was not happening, I hope I don't have to replay the game to see them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Quick question, does anyone know how to initiate the Isabeau manga cutscenes? I have a save before the final boss of the neutral route and don't know if I'm able to get them or not at this point. I tried to find a youtube clip of that stuff and it was not happening, I hope I don't have to replay the game to see them.

You need to have Isabeau with you when you go to that room behind the Ginza paywall. She leaves after you beat the first boss on the Neutral route, so I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well poo poo looks like I'm doing another play through after I beat the DLC bosses then. With LV 99 and all of my demons though it'll be easy enough.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Strange Quark posted:

You need to have Isabeau with you when you go to that room behind the Ginza paywall. She leaves after you beat the first boss on the Neutral route, so I'm afraid you're out of luck.
I'm planning to go with Neutral so I'll bite; this is after locking yourself into the Neutral ending, but before fighting any bosses?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I'm planning to go with Neutral so I'll bite; this is after locking yourself into the Neutral ending, but before fighting any bosses?

Yes, Isabeau rejoins you a bit after the route lock and then only leaves after you finish the first dungeon.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

So I'm playing Innocent Sin!

So far, I am completely and utterly hooked. I can't believe I'm saying this but this might be my favorite game in the entire series already. While the battles aren't as strategic as they are in 3/4 due to the lack of press turns, I still think they are amazingly awesome. The playing field, with characters that move around and attacks that are affected by range? So cool. I now know where the one cool thing in Final Fantasy 13 comes from. I actually watch the battles in this game instead of putting them on skip and setting my Vita down like I did for Persona 1. Fusion spells really introduce an awesome turn order strategy, which is welcomed.

The characters are so far great, even if the voice acting is a little bit over the top (T: Look into my eyes....). Not to mention Lisa's Cantonese. The thing with this is that I actually didn't hate the characters in P1 so it's really, really awesome to see them in an actually engaging story/universe. Yukino is awesome, And seeing even side characters return makes it really clear the people writing both care about their universe and have a great sense of fun.

So far I'm loving the game to death. It really, really is a shame that the Eternal punishment remake never made it to the states. I thankfully have a Japanese copy, but still.

Anyway, Persona 2 actually is awesome and everyone should play it is my point.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Gishin posted:

and the new characters from that game will be charged with finding out what happened to Philemon...
Not really a spoiler but isn't Philemon the save butterfly now?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Butt Ghost posted:

Not really a spoiler but isn't Philemon the save butterfly now?

Yeah, he's in the original P3 intro (and I think P3P's as well) and is the save butterfly in P4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

Huh, I thought that was more of a subtle shout out. I never beat 1 or 2.