Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

hcreight posted:

I watched through this show a while back. I don't like it as much as US Shameless, but it does definitely share a lot of the same qualities. For Banshee fans: Anthony Starr is one of the show's main cast members. Check it out if you want to see him playing considerably different roles from Sheriff Hood (he plays twin brothers on this show).

Oh my GOD I never made that connection! I thought I'd seen him somewhere before...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Is there a Suburgatory thread?

Mostly I just wanted to say that the girl who plays Lisa is growing up to kind of look like Anna Kendrick.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Slamhound posted:

Black Sails loving sucks.

I thought it started next Saturday?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

Black Sails loving sucks.

From the channel whose previous historical epic grand slam is universally agreed to loving suck until episode 4...

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tupping Liberty posted:

Mostly I just wanted to say that the girl who plays Lisa is growing up to kind of look like Anna Kendrick.

Just so we can head this off at the pass: Anna Kendrick is awesome and looks kinda like Adam Scott.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yes, they do both have faces.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't really understand why you thought anyone else was going to come to that conclusion independently, or why you felt you needed to share it.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
http://www.celebuzz.com/2014-01-16/the-boys-are-back-entourage-movie-starts-filming-in-miami/

Looks like Vince is doing the movie!!

gently caress.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Yoshifan823 posted:

Just so we can head this off at the pass: Anna Kendrick is awesome and looks kinda like Adam Scott.

That's racist.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Yoshifan823 posted:

No one thought that. However, everyone does knows about your undiagnosed cataracts now. Plus, we all know the real Adam Scott female doppelganger is none other than Working's Arden Myrin. Pretty funny show for it's time (1997).

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Tupping Liberty posted:

I was distracted by how much weight she has lost since last season.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

SymfonyMan posted:

No one thought that. However, everyone does knows about your undiagnosed cataracts now. Plus, we all know the real Adam Scott female doppelganger is none other than Working's Arden Myrin. Pretty funny show for it's time (1997).

That... that's a photoshop, right?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

SymfonyMan posted:

It's not a doppelganger if it's just the person in drag.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

VorpalBunny posted:

I was distracted by how much weight she has lost since last season.

Yeah, she's actually thinner than Jane Levy now. Its an amazing transformation. Good for her.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MrAristocrates posted:

I don't really understand why you thought anyone else was going to come to that conclusion independently, or why you felt you needed to share it.

Sorry, it's an IRC thing. I recind my post or whatever.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Epi Lepi posted:

I thought it started next Saturday?

The pilot is floating around.

Pun not intended, but anyway, it's a pilot-rear end-pilot is the best way to put it, there's not much point in declaring that it sucks yet. It's pretty rote, and has all the parts and trappings one would expect from a pirate-themed anything, but it definitely didn't suck out loud out of the gate like Camelot did, if we must compare it to other Starz shows.

I mean, it's a pirate show; it's not exactly a robust genre. You know what you're getting into.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently Parks and Rec just got renewed and Community is looking pretty likely as well.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, she's actually thinner than Jane Levy now. Its an amazing transformation. Good for her.

gently caress off and die.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Extreme reaction to a perfectly fine post.

MrAristocrates posted:

Apparently Parks and Rec just got renewed and Community is looking pretty likely as well.

I was really hoping this was the last year for Parks and Rec.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Extreme reaction to a perfectly fine post.

Oh I forgot for a second that we live in world where simply being thinner, regardless of health or happiness, is a commendable achievement. My bad.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Oh I forgot for a second that we live in world where simply being thinner, regardless of health or happiness, is a commendable goal. My bad.

She lost a good amount of weight and seems very happy about it? Is there some information about how she lost it that paints in a negative light? If she had operations or anything then I agree that's a shame, but if she just worked out and pushed herself then it is an impressive transformation.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

When did people here start defending Irish Joe posts anyway?

Oh well, off to the hospital to congratulate people with severe food poisoning and C. diff.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Oh I forgot for a second that we live in world where simply being thinner, regardless of health or happiness, is a commendable achievement. My bad.

I forgot for a second that the violent feminism from Jezebel had crept into SA.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

When did people here start defending Irish Joe posts anyway?

Oh well, off to the hospital to congratulate people with severe food poisoning and C. diff.

Good response to my questions. Thanks for the discussion.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Captain Trips posted:

I forgot for a second that the violent feminism from Jezebel had crept into SA.

Your idea of "violent feminism" is Jezebel? Really?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's nothing wrong with what he said. Shut up.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I have an opinion about the above posts but I'm going to choose not to air it. I think this is the correct decision.

Oh, that thing I said earlier about Outrageous Fortune leaning more to the comedy side of things than Shameless... I just got done with Episode 3 of the third season and I loving take it back. Talk about a gut punch well below the belt. I'm distraught.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm loving Damages season 5. It doesn't feel cheap at all and the cast is packed. Ryan Phillipe, Batiatus from Spartacus, and William Sadler doing a terrible Russian accent. I'm finding the weakest one is Glenn Close since she's pretty much the same character from season 1 and doesn't change. And Levy from The Wire is playing a straight arrow judge and Victor Garber is a slimey CEO guy.

Despite adding breasts and swearing it still feels like a basic cable drama trying to punch above its weight. I guess that's exactly what it is but it's really entertaining. Better than House of Cards on Netflix.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If I had to pick I'd say Season 3 was my favorite of Damages just because I really enjoyed the Joe Tobin spiral throughout the season. I thought Campbell Scott was great in that role.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SymfonyMan posted:

I didn't know that show was on long enough for anyone to label as person as being "Working's" anything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey, just a reminder, if you're one of the dozen people that actually liked Kevin Bacon's dumb show The Following it comes back tonight. There's no thread because I don't think anyone here liked it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Looking premieres tonight also, after Girls. It's by the director of Weekend, Andrew Haigh, one of the better LGBT indie movies in the past few years, also has Jonathan Groff of Glee as a lead, and Scott Bakula as a recurring. I'm sure it'll be endlessly compared as the gay Girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lp7rkNYOtE

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 20, 2014

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

Looking premieres tonight also, after Girls. It's by the director of Weekend, one of the better LGBT indie movies in the past few years, also has Jonathan Groff of Glee as a lead, and Scott Bakula as a recurring. I'm sure it'll be endlessly compared as the gay Girls.

I'm very excited for Looking; it feels like ages since a good gay TV show premiered, and Weekend was an awesome film.

Also it's meant to be a lot less confrontational than Girls so it might be easier to watch.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hope and vaseline posted:

Jonathan Groff of Glee

Let's not put people off not, he was also in the excellent Frozen.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

He was pretty good in Glee as well. I get the impression Russel Tovey isn't a big presence in the show which is a shame, he'd make an awesome fourth member of the group.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Frozen is actually just like Glee, since it's not really a movie but rather just a long collection of mediocre music videos.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Joramun posted:

Frozen is actually just like Glee, since it's not really a movie but rather just a long collection of mediocre music videos.

I will cut you

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Joramun posted:

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah, Frozen isn't nearly as good as everyone's made it out to be. I mean, I love Idina, and Kristen Bell, but yikes. Tangled was a much better film.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

An amazing trailer for Hannibal Season Two; lots of MAJOR SPOILERS though so watch with caution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVhl6WgMTGw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PriorMarcus posted:

An amazing trailer for Hannibal Season Two; lots of MAJOR SPOILERS though so watch with caution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVhl6WgMTGw

Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread