Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

High Warlord Zog posted:

So Blip has decided to crack down on the use of copywrited content. I wonder if this is a one off or the start of something.

Sounds like just a one-off thing. Apparently the bumper music didn't pass the Fair Use test. It's weird that they're just now cracking down on that since his 2012 list had the Pink song and is still up, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Brad Jones and his pals recently reminisced about a movie they made some years ago but lost when Brad got robbed. Now there are no copies, but listening to them talk about it might be as good as actually seeing it.

http://thecinemasnob.com/2014/01/16/the-random-button-sadistic-bitch.aspx

:stonklol:

I really hope the thief who took Brad's DVDs watched this.

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

Nostalgia Chick is back with a Top Ten Somewhat Arbitrarily Ranked Worst Movies of 2013!

She also speaks briefly what she's been doing lately, which is kind of surprising if you don't follow her on twitter.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

I have had the misfortune of seeing this movie. Though he's right some of the music is pretty decent, good lord the movie is WEIRD. It was great to see him tear it apart. I would love to see him pick apart Across the Universe, the modern incarnation of a terrible movie trying to tell a story with Beatles music, but it made me happy that he acknowledged this with his jab of "At least it's apparently ok when Across the Universe did it". At least Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band has the excuse of lots of drugs. Across the Universe was just awful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
For someone who constantly wants movies to have messages, Nostalgia Chick sure didn't get the point of like half her movies on that list.

loving seriously, Dreamworks is a DoD shill I guess, she's normally better than this trash.

Also I love the 'sigh, fanboys leave me alone for saying MoS was bad', yea that's a real brave stance on the internet.

edit: Also she outright says she wishes that Superman overtly says "I DON'T KILL", she constantly complains about when movies do that and she says it would be better if it happens.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 17, 2014

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tatum Girlparts posted:

For someone who constantly wants movies to have messages, Nostalgia Chick sure didn't get the point of like half her movies on that list.

loving seriously, Dreamworks is a DoD shill I guess, she's normally better than this trash.

Also I love the 'sigh, fanboys leave me alone for saying MoS was bad', yea that's a real brave stance on the internet.

edit: Also she outright says she wishes that Superman overtly says "I DON'T KILL", she constantly complains about when movies do that and she says it would be better if it happens.

So what points did she miss? I didn't see many of the movies she talked about and I'm genuinely curious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Maremidon posted:

So what points did she miss? I didn't see many of the movies she talked about and I'm genuinely curious.

Fifth Estate wasn't damning all whistle-blowers, it was about Assange specifically and yea the dude is a pretty shady dude, and I'm not sure where she got the 'he's gay' message. Also it was laughable to be all 'well Dreamworks made Transformers and has some contracts with the DoD SO MAYBE THEY'RE SHILLS', that's like some real dumb poo poo. Also if she thought We Steal Secrets was fair, Fifth Estate was a downright puff piece for Assange compared to it, at least in Fifth he got to look like an actiony kinda hacker and not just some dude who raped some ladies.

The love triangle in the Hobbit was a bit forced but it's not terrible and I don't know where she got the idea that it was meant to appease feminists or whatever and it hardly 'dominates the story'.

Into Darkness wasn't a rehash of the first one, Kirk didn't 'bully his way back to command' and the first one didn't revolve around 'Spock learning emotions', but even if they did boiling them down that far is pretty disingenuous for a critic.

Seriously Man of Steel was a 'recruitment ad'? Half the time the soldiers were wrong and dumb about Superman until he was literally in their face saving their life personally.

Didn't see the slug movie but she had a lot of hate for a slug but only showed like, one line that wasn't that bad? Also Ferngully was garbage and not because the 'message makes us uncomfortable now' or whatever, that has nothing to do with her reviews I just fuckin hate that movie. Also it felt kinda weird for her, the person on that team who usually is most aware of social poo poo and all to compare Ansari, an actual minority just kinda talking like he does to Robin William's attempt to be urban and hip with his bat rap.

Also even though she didn't say why apparently she has beef with Wreck-It-Ralph and that ain't cool. :argh:

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 17, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SkinCrawling posted:

Nostalgia Chick is back with a Top Ten Somewhat Arbitrarily Ranked Worst Movies of 2013!

She also speaks briefly what she's been doing lately, which is kind of surprising if you don't follow her on twitter.
I can't for some reason so its good to know what's going on

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Into Darkness wasn't a rehash of the first one, Kirk didn't 'bully his way back to command' and the first one didn't revolve around 'Spock learning emotions', but even if they did boiling them down that far is pretty disingenuous for a critic.

Yeah, that was a pretty bullshit summary of a movie that was head and shoulders better than Trek '09 in every way. It pretty neatly ignores how the entire point of the movie was Kirk learning to be a good captain, that he grows out of the smarmy cowbow fuckery that defined him in Trek '09.

Into Darkness was really drat good is what I'm saying.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I haven't watched the video yet, but Man of Steel was hardly a recruitment film. If it were then they wouldn't have shown the military cause more damage than the superhuman demi-god aliens fighting them. I'd put it more of an recruitment video for IHOP before I'd say it was a recruitment ad for the military. I think I defended MoS a lot in the thread from a lot of things but I never saw anyone bring it up as a recruitment ad for the military. Now if you'd call it a recruitment ad for becoming kryptonian then I'd fully agree. I wanna be Superman...

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

I loved Into Darkness, but it is a very polarizing film, and she admitted that.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The love triangle in the Hobbit was a bit forced but it's not terrible and I don't know where she got the idea that it was meant to appease feminists or whatever and it hardly 'dominates the story'.

I haven't gotten out to see this one yet, but the entire reason the new character was added was to diversify what was otherwise a sausage fest. And naturally, being Hollywood, she's got nothing better to do than be part of a romance plot thread because why else do you put women in movies?

quote:

It kind of was largely the same movie though. And in spite of my loving it, I still laughed out loud in the theater at the "reveal" of the villain. And then later when they simply recreated the iconic WoK scene. Not the reaction I expect Abrams wanted out of me.

quote:

Seriously Man of Steel was a 'recruitment ad'? Half the time the soldiers were wrong and dumb about Superman until he was literally in their face saving their life personally.

You did actually watch the video right? Where she showed they were literally using the film in military recruitment ads run at airings of the movie? The movie clearly had a military fetish almost as big as Transformers.

Also, it sucked balls and I'm not afraid to say it. The idea that this movie that made half a billion dollars is "unfairly bullied" is laughable and the sheer frothing rage out of its defenders is usually hilarious.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Considering how every person voicing their criticism of the film is immediately bombarded by hateful comments from the movie's fanboys, it's a fair statement. Go check the comment section for Half in the Bag's review of it, and they did a pretty thorough take down of it as well.

quote:

That's not what she said at all. She was pointing out that the movie pulled a conflict out of the air without establishing or setting it up at all. That's hands down terrible writing. Even something stupidly obvious as him saying that point blank would have been superior to suddenly having Supes snap Zod's neck, get upset, and then have no repercussions.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Eh, I can't agree with anything about what you said about MoS. The military were hilariously ineffective in that movie while in Transformers they actually are able to hold their own against super-advanced sentient machines who want to destroy everything. I think there's a big difference between fetishizing the military and using them in your movie and I think Man of Steel does the later pretty well. Half in the Bag's review boils down to "it's not a fun, superhero flick like the Avengers and it certain wasn't the Donner Superman film so therefore is it bad". The film has issues, for sure, but I thought it was a great take on the Superman's origin and the events that lead to him becoming the Man of Tomorrow.

Rebochan posted:

That's not what she said at all. She was pointing out that the movie pulled a conflict out of the air without establishing or setting it up at all. That's hands down terrible writing. Even something stupidly obvious as him saying that point blank would have been superior to suddenly having Supes snap Zod's neck, get upset, and then have no repercussions.

Just to respond to this: before their fight Zod said Superman robbed him of his purpose, which was to protect Krypton and ensure its future. He then tells Clark his new purpose is to kill all the humans because that's what he chose to save. At the end he set up a no-win scenario for Clark. The only real bit of bad writing in the whole movie, and it is really bad, is the death of Johnathan Kent. That was just hamfisted and bad, even though the underlying message to Clark and Johnathan's motivation for doing so weren't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rebochan posted:

I loved Into Darkness, but it is a very polarizing film, and she admitted that.

I haven't gotten out to see this one yet, but the entire reason the new character was added was to diversify what was otherwise a sausage fest. And naturally, being Hollywood, she's got nothing better to do than be part of a romance plot thread because why else do you put women in movies?

It kind of was largely the same movie though. And in spite of my loving it, I still laughed out loud in the theater at the "reveal" of the villain. And then later when they simply recreated the iconic WoK scene. Not the reaction I expect Abrams wanted out of me.

You did actually watch the video right? Where she showed they were literally using the film in military recruitment ads run at airings of the movie? The movie clearly had a military fetish almost as big as Transformers.

Also, it sucked balls and I'm not afraid to say it. The idea that this movie that made half a billion dollars is "unfairly bullied" is laughable and the sheer frothing rage out of its defenders is usually hilarious.

Considering how every person voicing their criticism of the film is immediately bombarded by hateful comments from the movie's fanboys, it's a fair statement. Go check the comment section for Half in the Bag's review of it, and they did a pretty thorough take down of it as well.

There was no setup to the conflict at all? You mean the multiple "I'M THE LAST TRUE KRYPTONIAN IF YOU KILL ME YOU WIPE OUT YOUR PEOPLE" speeches Zod gave, or Superman's general mantra of hope and redemption and poo poo wasn't clue enough? He had to literally say "I AM SUPERMAN I DO NOT KILL AS ESTABLISHED IN MY NEAR SEVENTY YEARS OF EXISTENCE AS A CHARACTER"? Like yea I know she said you have to restablish the character and all, but you actually don't, and I'm ALMOST positive either she or Critic has complained before that too many reboots spend time establishing iconic figures. Superman doesn't kill, if you're in a MoS theater you most likely know that, and even if you didn't they made it clear that he was not looking to kill anyone.

For gently caress's sake she bitches about Pa Kent being a 'sociopath' (not even touching that) when the entire point of THAT criticism is that Clark cares about human life but his dad doesn't, so which one is it?

Also no, the movie isn't a recruitment ad even if they had recruitment ads as a tie in or whatever, just like Star Wars wasn't a Burger King commercial even though they did that Darth Vader hamburger. In the movie the army does half the damage in the fights, and are constantly shown as xenophobic paranoid idiots.

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

Sie wissen nicht, mit wem Sie reden.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also no, the movie isn't a recruitment ad even if they had recruitment ads as a tie in or whatever, just like Star Wars wasn't a Burger King commercial even though they did that Darth Vader hamburger. In the movie the army does half the damage in the fights, and are constantly shown as xenophobic paranoid idiots.

But... the DOD does use some Hollywood movies as recruitment tools now, and rejects others because they don't show the military in the way they want it to be shown. Like Avengers was flat out rejected because there weren't any soldier characters in it. I thought this was a well known thing?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
It took me 10 seconds of Google to find three different ads, done by the National Guard with Warner Bros. using "Man of Steel", which were played endlessly last summer whenever I went to a multiplex. The National Guard's YouTube page also hosted making-ofs for "Man of Steel", which you can see the first part of here. It was a real missed opportunity that she could have used more footage from these, especially Snyder's comments in that third ad, explicitly saying "y'know the National Guard is a lot like Superman."

That said, the whole thing about DreamWorks making "The Fifth Estate" strictly to please the DOD for further "Transformers" movies felt like a very, very misguided and poorly thought-out bit of editorializing. "Estate" wasn't just a DreamWorks project, it was a co-production between DreamWorks, Disney (under Touchstone), and three other production companies, with worldwide distribution split between several companies as well. I seriously doubt the reason it sucked and portrayed Assange badly was because someone wanted Michael Bay money.

EDIT: I should say that if you were outside of the US, you probably didn't see these ads as they'd have no point, since the National Guard is an organization that only recruits in the US.

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 18, 2014

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbot posted:

Eh, I can't agree with anything about what you said about MoS. The military were hilariously ineffective in that movie while in Transformers they actually are able to hold their own against super-advanced sentient machines who want to destroy everything. I think there's a big difference between fetishizing the military and using them in your movie and I think Man of Steel does the later pretty well.

The thing that gets me is that the military is has a huge presence in the film, like, they're loving everywhere, at the dig site, at Smallville, they even save the day in Metroplois by suicide bombing the spaceship. It ends up that most of Superman's interactions with people are interactions with the military, hell it's only after the military accepts Superman as their ally that the rest of the world suddenly does too. We don't see what the public opinion of Superman is at all, but his first reveal is to a military base, his first statements as Superman are to a military generals face, talking about wishing to work together, because Superman needs the military's approval, strives for it, does everything in his power to get the guys with guns to say he's a bro.

I'd hesitant to call the movie a recruitment ad, but it's definitely painting the military and everything they do in a positive light and makes them a huge focus of the story. And that would be a bad thing because they get thousands of civilians killed by being gung-ho idiots. As does Superman.

Robert Denby posted:

It took me 10 seconds of Google to find three different ads, done by the National Guard with Warner Bros. using "Man of Steel", which were played endlessly last summer whenever I went to a multiplex. The National Guard's YouTube page also hosted making-ofs for "Man of Steel", which you can see the first part of here. It was a real missed opportunity that she could have used more footage from these, especially Snyder's comments in that third ad, explicitly saying "y'know the National Guard is a lot like Superman."

Christ, I take it back, Man of Steel is totally a recruitment ad.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 18, 2014

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pirate Jenny posted:

But... the DOD does use some Hollywood movies as recruitment tools now, and rejects others because they don't show the military in the way they want it to be shown. Like Avengers was flat out rejected because there weren't any soldier characters in it. I thought this was a well known thing?

Yes, but simply because the movie happens to meet the standards the military uses to create recruitment tools doesn't make the movie an actual recruitment tool. Some of the greatest anti-war movies are appropriated to be gently caress YEAH War movies. Which isn't to say MoS is one of them, but you've got to look at more than just that the military's using this a a recruiting tool before you put that on the movie. The movie itself does not present a pro military position.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hey guys?

Here's the Superhero movie thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3530891

Unless you mention a reviewer's video, go post in there.

Thanks! :)

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 18, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well then it was a lovely recruitment ad because again save for like, one soldier the entire military is portrayed as full of slackjawed idiots who even when a dude literally takes bullets for them fighting Zod goes "I DUNNO THIS DUDE MAY BE a SPACE TERRORIST".

I guess The Hobbit is also a Denny's ad, since we can't separate a lovely ad campaign from the actual product anymore.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

I'm not entirely sure on the Fifth Estate/Dreamworks thing, but I'll concede that Lindsey is more accomplished in show business than I am and has a more informed position, so I'm not too quick to dismiss it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

poparena posted:

I'm not entirely sure on the Fifth Estate/Dreamworks thing, but I'll concede that Lindsey is more accomplished in show business than I am and has a more informed position, so I'm not too quick to dismiss it.

It's absurd, Dreamworks has DoD 'connections' in the loosest sense, and as already said Fifth Estate was not a Dreamworks solo product. Unless you're going to pose that Touchstone also is trying to make the fat DoD money (FOR REASONS) it's not going to work.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.
Wow Tatum, I don't think you got this worked up over the people who so outrageously claimed the NSA wasn't all angels and fairy dust.

Gyges posted:

Yes, but simply because the movie happens to meet the standards the military uses to create recruitment tools doesn't make the movie an actual recruitment tool.
But when they are known to outright reject any movie that doesn't include the things they want and exclude the things they don't want, it kind of narrows down the kind of movie that will get their support, no?

Call it what you will, but don't act like other people are stupid or hysterical for putting together a really obvious puzzle.

Anyways, I liked the video. I hope she has many successes in her new gig.

Anukis fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 18, 2014

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
DoD money definitely influences the content of films, but I think the content is targeted more at building PR support than actual recruiting, as the US military has been hitting its recruiting targets handily since the recession hit. In particular, Hollywood blockbusters make lots of money in Asian markets, and friendly American government characters could go a long way to influencing the Indian/Chinese/Japanese/whoever public to take a positive view of the Americans.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Doug has a new show
http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/shut-up-and-talk-greg-sestero-6718223
First guest is Mark from the Room

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It's not so much a new show as much as it looks like he simply got it out of beta. I'm interested to hear what Sestero has to say because he was incredibly candid about filming The Room and about Tommy Wieseau in general in his Reddit AMA.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

SkinCrawling posted:

I don't really agree with some of her list (for instance, I hated Man of Steel, and it's a lot of things, but at no point did I look at it and think "boy, they seem to be advertising the Army a lot"). But, her own words "Boy, I sure like to pick the derivative ones, don't I?", so I can't really get upset about it either.

I'm more wondering what this secret show she worked on is, and if she'll be able to tell us about it once it's come on. It's gotta be something that we already know about. Cause how often do shows go well into production before they're even announced to the world as being a thing that exists?

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

cubs2084 posted:

I'm more wondering what this secret show she worked on is, and if she'll be able to tell us about it once it's come on. It's gotta be something that we already know about. Cause how often do shows go well into production before they're even announced to the world as being a thing that exists?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

This is like when I heard the suggestion 'Bryan Cranston for Fallout 4's villain'. What we eventually get just will not match up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

:eyepop: OHMYGOD She's working on a proper adaptation of World War Z!
:v:

Still, quite interesting if that is true. Are they still dubbing Pokémon in New York, even? Or did they shift it to Los Angeles when they changed production companies?

LFK
Jan 5, 2013

echopapa posted:

DoD money definitely influences the content of films, but I think the content is targeted more at building PR support than actual recruiting

Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Of course building PR support is also a precursor to softening the audience for a literal recruitment video, so calling MoS and Transformers "recruitment ads" is, at worst, some mild hyperbole.

As for whether or not Dreamworks would do 5th Estate for some sweet sweet DoD dollars, the cost of making a movie, even a really big one, is a rounding error in the DoD's annual budget. While DoD subsidies aren't going to outright pay for a movie, that's still some deep, deep pockets to tap into. It also gets you access stuff that's otherwise pretty hard to come by, like actual military hardware, including futuretech that's just hitting the field.

Also we're talking about Hollywood. Making a slam piece on Assange in exchange for Transformers 4 money doesn't even register in the annals of shady Hollywood deals.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

It's not so much a new show as much as it looks like he simply got it out of beta. I'm interested to hear what Sestero has to say because he was incredibly candid about filming The Room and about Tommy Wieseau in general in his Reddit AMA.

Have you read his book The Disaster Artist? He gives a play-by-play account of what it was like filming The Room. Really fascinating read.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
People really love their favorite Web video hosts. I mean, really, really, really love them. To the point where it's kinda weird sometimes. Why is that? It's because Web video is the latest in a series of media that uses special techniques to build the illusion of a personal relationship between the presenter and the audience. Here's my special episode about this phenomenon: The Friend You'll Never Meet.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

nine-gear crow posted:

Still, quite interesting if that is true. Are they still dubbing Pokémon in New York, even? Or did they shift it to Los Angeles when they changed production companies?

I honestly don't think she's going to be working with the mainline Pokemon anime. Why would Lindsay be hired onto a localization staff and also why would she have to be all hush hush about it? I don't think there would be that much legal tape around the dub and it's not like the Pokemon anime is super popular in the West now.

This might sound crazy but I think Lindsay might be working on a new American made Pokemon series. If Lindsay is working on a new TV show then it would make sense that she would have to sign a bunch of legal paperwork. It's not like this type of thing has never happened before. There were several Sonic cartoons made in America and there is going to be a new one that is coming up soon. Other Japanese video game properties that got animated shows made in the West include Megaman, Street Fighter, Mario, and DarkStalkers. Remember this is jus a theory and I may be completely wrong about this since I have no actual evidence.

LateToTheParty fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 19, 2014

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

LateToTheParty posted:

I honestly don't think she's going to be working with the mainline Pokemon anime. Why would Lindsay be hired onto a localization staff and also why would she have to be all hush hush about it? I don't think there would be that much legal tape around the dub and it's not like the Pokemon anime is super popular in the West now.

She will actually have some sort of bit part in the main anime, btw.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009
I figured the Pikachu was just to tease us, cause it couldn't possibly be Pokemon, why would it be, and why would there be such a harsh No Disclosure Policy on a long standing property? But, there it is.

Pirate Jenny
Mar 28, 2006

Sie wissen nicht, mit wem Sie reden.
Oh my god do you not know how TV shows/media of any kind works? Everything has an NDA around it. All of the things. Pokemon or not, everything is shrouded in NDA if it's going to broadcast. That's how broadcast rolls.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pirate Jenny posted:

Oh my god do you not know how TV shows/media of any kind works? Everything has an NDA around it. All of the things. Pokemon or not, everything is shrouded in NDA if it's going to broadcast. That's how broadcast rolls.

Yep. I saw an interview with Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey once and they said they had to sign NDAs for freakin Street Fighter. Willingham didn't even know what project or role he was auditioning for until about six or seven lines into his test read when he stumbled across "Sonic Boom!" and realized he was auditioning for Col. Guile.

Everything has an NDA attached to it these days.

cubs2084
Feb 2, 2009

Pirate Jenny posted:

Well yeah. It's just the way she put it, the extreme secrecy and "even mentioning it might indicate how many episodes this series will have". If she's just working on the anime adaptation, that'd be a weird thing to say, since it airs in Japan long before it gets here and isn't exactly secret anyway.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yep. I saw an interview with Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey once and they said they had to sign NDAs for freakin Street Fighter. Willingham didn't even know what project or role he was auditioning for until about six or seven lines into his test read when he stumbled across "Sonic Boom!" and realized he was auditioning for Col. Guile.

Everything has an NDA attached to it these days.

That's gotta be so weird, auditioning for a part and having no idea what it is.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

cubs2084 posted:

Troy Baker said he didn't know he was auditioning for the role of the Joker in Arkham Origins until he got his script and saw it was several times longer than it had any right to be.

Apparently he was on the verge of running out of the studio, can't blame him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

cubs2084 posted:

Well yeah. It's just the way she put it, the extreme secrecy and "even mentioning it might indicate how many episodes this series will have". If she's just working on the anime adaptation, that'd be a weird thing to say, since it airs in Japan long before it gets here and isn't exactly secret anyway.

That's how business and NDA works, you can't mention anything. I had a buddy that got a VA role for a small bit and he was still under contract not to say anything. Leaks are super bad, no matter how small.

• Locked thread