Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I'm sure people will get a kick out of this. An arrest warrant was issued for Flair in North Carolina due to spousal support, so he's been living in Atlanta with his girlfriend and Tampa with JOE GOMEZ!

Ric Flair and Joe Gomez struck me as an unlikely lasting friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

ChampRamp posted:

I'm sure people will get a kick out of this. An arrest warrant was issued for Flair in North Carolina due to spousal support, so he's been living in Atlanta with his girlfriend and Tampa with JOE GOMEZ!

Ric Flair and Joe Gomez struck me as an unlikely lasting friendship.

I'm sure the warrant is all fallout of this 49ers/Panthers drama.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Ktik posted:

I'm sure the warrant is all fallout of this 49ers/Panthers drama.

The warrant has been out for six months

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Maybe this would be better asked in the Youtube thread, but would any of the kind souls here be able to direct me to WCW Thunder from 8/19/1999? I have wanted to experience the Sid promo that happens right after the first match of the show, but I cannot find it.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Maybe this would be better asked in the Youtube thread, but would any of the kind souls here be able to direct me to WCW Thunder from 8/19/1999? I have wanted to experience the Sid promo that happens right after the first match of the show, but I cannot find it.

Check your PMs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tomorrow night at 8 PM:

nWo

Souled

Out

nWo Souled Out featured professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines that were played out on WCW Monday Nigtro, WCW Saturday Night, WCW Pro and WCW Worldwide-World Championship Wrestling's (WCW) television programs. Wrestlers portrayed a villain or a hero as they followed a series of events that built tension, and culminated into a wrestling match or series of matches.[9] All wrestlers were from the WCW or, nWo brands—a storyline division in which WCW employees are assigned to a stable or faction of the same name.[10]

Dave Meltzer called it "the best PPV I have ever seen." Bryan Alvarez gave it two thumbs up. The internet raved, the fans went wild and WCW had another hit on their hands. nWo Souled Out 1997 was such a mega hit that every single WCW PPV in 1998 would receive the WCW/nWo co-branding. The nWo would take over Nitro, we'd get a second nWo, all because of this show. Now you can witness this historic mega event.

Masa "My Hero" Chono vs Chris Jericho

Big Bubba Rogers vs Hugh Morrus

Mr. Wallstreet vs Jeff Jarrett

THE AMERICAN MALES EXPLODE
Buff Bagwell vs Scotty Riggs

Scott Norton vs "Diamond" Dallas Page

WCW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
The Outsiders vs The Steiner Brothers

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE LADDER MATCH
Syxx vs Eddy Guerrero

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
"Hollywood" "Hulk" Hogan vs "The" Giant (Andre the Giant's Son[11])

Tune in tomorrow night! At 7:30 I'll be showing more episodes of Cowboy Who? and might show more after Souled Out as well!

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Spoiler: the Eddie / Syxx match was the drizzling shits.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"Following a series of events that built tension" is my favorite sentence in the history of the written word.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The nWo band concert is happening now: http://www.psp-tv.com/r/BadMoviesWorseWrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer is a war criminal, and this is evidence the court will use against him. :mad:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

MassRafTer is a war criminal, and this is evidence the court will use against him. :mad:

I spread a message of good music and bad wrestling. Also Ukrainian art.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

MassRafTer posted:

Also Ukrainian art.
I didn't know you were an anti-semite

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MassRafTer posted:

Also Ukrainian art.

That lady is my miss nWo.

-coconono aka kiNg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

That lady is my miss nWo.

-coconono aka kiNg

She's WCW through and through.

11/11/96 back issue is up. Not a ton of crazy news this week.

quote:

They are now going to do main event matches as dark matches after Nitro because fans in many of the cities have left unhappy about not seeing good matches. On 10/28, they did Psicosis & Juventud Guerrera vs. Halloween & Damian, and I was told they did a super match, but fans left as it was going on and paid no attention, so on 11/4 it was Luger vs. Giant (don't know anything about it other than it took place). On 11/11 in St. Petersburg, Hogan will defend against Luger.

quote:

Hogan had recent appearances on both Entertainment Tonight and scheduled for 11/6 on Regis & Kathy Lee, largely to build up the movie he's doing called "Santa with Muscles" that escapes (as opposed to being released) this weekend. They also have some sort of an angle set up for the NWO that will take place at the Cable Ace awards which is why Hogan keeps talking about it on his interviews.

quote:

One of the reasons they did this angle with Sting is that in his contract, it called for a specified maximum amount of dates in the year and WCW only had a few dates left and they needed them for major house shows so they had to get him off much of the television and minor house shows.

This week was the Pillman Gun angle, Dave's analysis:

quote:

Was it offensive? Not to me. Maybe to others. It's no different than any other violent television show. The only offensive thing on wrestling that night to me was the racist stereotype of Sonny Onno.

This is a really interesting time to read the back issues, so if you've ever wanted to subscribe or if you avoid them, check them out. AAA is falling apart, AJPW is on the verge of a deal with Takada that could revive their business and Takada's career, Inoki wants to do combined shoot/work shows and the WWF is doing everything they can think of to try to turn Raw's ratings around.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

This picture is from 2014

El Dandy still misses WCW

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

ChampRamp posted:

This picture is from 2014

El Dandy still misses WCW

If Wikipedia is to be believed, El Dandy has participated in almost 40 hair vs. hair and hair vs mask matches in his career. That's some coveted hair.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Grant DaNasty posted:

If Wikipedia is to be believed, El Dandy has participated in almost 40 hair vs. hair and hair vs mask matches in his career. That's some coveted hair.

Undertaker vs. El Dandy, Streak vs. Hair

The match that never ends.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

The Goog posted:

Undertaker vs. El Dandy, Streak vs. Hair

The match that never ends.

It'd end with a double countout, naturally.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

BlueArmyMan posted:

It'd end with a double countout, naturally.
Who are you to countout El Dandy?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Not sure if this is the right thread, but it's WCW related so I will post it here:

I just finished watching the Vince Russo "Timeline: History of WCW" shoot. If anyone here was thinking of watching it, don't. It's awful. I cannot believe this man tricked so many people into giving him a gig as a head writer for three different wrestling companies. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but it really truly is front and center that this guy has zero clue of what the business is even after being in it for so long. It's uncanny. He's like the Rob Liefeld of wrestling: he's been in a business so long, yet flat out refuses to learn the fundamentals, yet still gets work. It's absurd. I think he might literally be performance art, quite frankly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Russo has never done a shoot that wasn't immensely terrible.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

At least Rob Liefeld seems to be aware he's lousy and is a good sport about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

At least Rob Liefeld never said 'everything starts with logic.'

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Love him or hate him, and setting aside the fact the argument that he's improved over the years, Rob Liefeld has a fanbase who buy his comics. Vince Russo is like if some lucky kid landed a gig writing Wolverine right around the time the first X-Men movie came out, took the credit and parlayed a career off of it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DeathChicken posted:

Rob Liedfeld owns bones for the simple fact he came up with these characters that other people made really awesome, like Prophet and Supreme.

Russo can't even claim that.

And Liedfeld's TNA is still around and in a healthier position than the real TNA. Although, I guess Russo never wrote company checks for his own use as far as we know.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 20, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also the original run of New Mutants/X-Force was neat, art be damned.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't know what a Rob Liedfeld is but unless he's dead or a raft I am not sure how he can be compared to WCW.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Somebody post the captain America picture.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RBX posted:

Somebody post the captain America picture.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here is how ebay taunts me whenever I search in vain for my dream. If only I could combine these two items.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I would pay a decent amount of money for one if inflatable Hulk Hogan rafts were ever mass produced and sold.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm not sure why I did this, I have drawn maybe three things in the past 11 years. I swear I used to be good.

I originally envisioned the Hogan raft crashing into an iceberg of Vince Russo's head with Hulk Hogan himself lurking under the water but I didn't have the patience to try to draw heads.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 20, 2014

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Wouldn't the pointiness of the logo puncture the raft causing it to sink? Even in pieces of fanart 13 years after their death WCW finds new ways to screw up.

WCW Thread: Captan Mike Rotunda goes down with the sinking raft

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Here is how ebay taunts me whenever I search in vain for my dream. If only I could combine these two items.

Buy the Hulk Raft and paint it orange with marker.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Endorph posted:

Buy the Hulk Raft and paint it orange with marker.

is what WCW actually did, and then gave them to people as punishment for ordering their PPVs.

(That is how one recieved a Hulkaraft yeah?)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suben posted:

Wouldn't the pointiness of the logo puncture the raft causing it to sink? Even in pieces of fanart 13 years after their death WCW finds new ways to screw up.

WCW Thread: Captan Mike Rotunda goes down with the sinking raft

The Hulk Hogan raft can't be sunk by something a bird left on the hood of my car, brother.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

I'm not sure why I did this, I have drawn maybe three things in the past 11 years. I swear I used to be good.

I originally envisioned the Hogan raft crashing into an iceberg of Vince Russo's head with Hulk Hogan himself lurking under the water but I didn't have the patience to try to draw heads.

Both you and Liefeld can't draw feet.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

how bored are you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

oatgan posted:

how bored are you

I feel like I should link the TNA thread here.