Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ha, Jamie was wearing the Spaceballs Dark Helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Slave Leia Kari? :quagmire:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And of course Grant owns a Han Solo costume.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

What happened to Adam's left hand? I missed it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

iastudent posted:

What happened to Adam's left hand? I missed it.

He ironically crushed it while moving some safety equipment.

You know, out of the myths from this episode the one that I expected to get busted was definitely the log one, not that it worked almost exactly like the movie.

Also, Kari in that R2 dress :wiggle:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was wondering how they were going to wrap this up in a couple of minutes and apparently this episode is running about 15 minutes long.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

muscles like this? posted:

You know, out of the myths from this episode the one that I expected to get busted was definitely the log one, not that it worked almost exactly like the movie.

Did it tear when she entered their safety truck? Thought I heard something and later she wore something else.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So, the new season preview seems to indicate that they have finally redone the cement truck explosion, perhaps even one upping it, because the truck looked bigger.

In any case, looks like there are a lot of big booms coming this year.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I don't know who their princess lady was that Jamie swung over the gap, but she was stunning and seemed pretty into the whole thing. I was pretty disappointed by the log crushing rig they had, but the giant stuffed animal guts myth was pretty rad. I was hoping they were going to try to make some sort of laser swords like in the movies, but those probably don't really exist in any way yet. The previews look pretty intense this season. I'm really hoping for less movie/TV tie-ins because they always end up being really loving lame.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ToastyPotato posted:

So, the new season preview seems to indicate that they have finally redone the cement truck explosion, perhaps even one upping it, because the truck looked bigger.

It looked like a garbage truck to me.

Ariza posted:

I don't know who their princess lady was that Jamie swung over the gap, but she was stunning and seemed pretty into the whole thing.

She looked like she was having the time of her life in the slo-mo rope swing.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Leia was Sophia Bush.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

Leia was Sophia Bush.

And apparently it did kind of go down like that weird little sketch as she is a big fan of the show.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

New Mythbusters tonight, moonshiner myths.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

iastudent posted:

New Mythbusters tonight, moonshiner myths.

Adam and Jamie are hosting a show right after called "Dangerous Toys". The Dish guide says "Jamie and Adam fabricate a fantasy battle."

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Mister Kingdom posted:

Adam and Jamie are hosting a show right after called "Dangerous Toys". The Dish guide says "Jamie and Adam fabricate a fantasy battle."

I don't know how it's going to end up but this is setting the groundwork for the two of them to murder each other completely.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mister E posted:

I don't know how it's going to end up but this is setting the groundwork for the two of them to murder each other completely.

It's going to happen eventually. Might as well record it.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Kids suggest teddy bears. Jamie interprets that as mobile teddy bear suicide bombers. Jamie is a supervillain.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Three quick thoughts on the latest Mythbusters:

1) So, I'm guessing Discovery has a new show about moonshining they're desperate to spruik?

2) Up until the last two minutes, that felt like it came from one of the first seasons. Simple, fun myths done well and with a lot less of the bullshit antics that have built up over the last few years.

3) gently caress those goddamn twitter popups. Not on the bottom of the screen, but a third of the way up just so they're certain to cover up anything interesting on screen.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

1) So, I'm guessing Discovery has a new show about moonshining they're desperate to spruik?

Moonshiners is several seasons old at this point, and has at least one spinoff. It's as terrible as you'd expect.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gorilla Salad posted:

3) gently caress those goddamn twitter popups. Not on the bottom of the screen, but a third of the way up just so they're certain to cover up anything interesting on screen.

This. I searched this thread just to tell you all how much I loving hate this. First two shows were pretty entertaining otherwise, but goddamn stop that poo poo. If I want to read tweets I will do so on my PC/tablet/phone, I don't need that poo poo overlaying 1/4th of the screen every few dozen seconds.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I don't know, being relegated to Saturday night and do nothing but make crossover promos for other shows while mid week prime time is reserved for reruns of spinoffs of other poo poo reality shows is pretty bad too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Decius posted:

This. I searched this thread just to tell you all how much I loving hate this. First two shows were pretty entertaining otherwise, but goddamn stop that poo poo. If I want to read tweets I will do so on my PC/tablet/phone, I don't need that poo poo overlaying 1/4th of the screen every few dozen seconds.

If you don't want to see that stuff just check the repeat episode that's on a couple of hours later. No pop ups at all.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I didn't get the point of "Dangerous Toys". Since Jamie got to use that mini loader, why not just bring in a D-5 Dozer and flatten the fort? How is that mini-loader a 'toy'?

Or the explosive bears, some of which were pre-positioned.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Yeah. I was watching the whole thing, thinking, "Why?"

They should just bring back Junkyard Wars, but with teams always having to compete against Jamie and Adam.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

They should just bring back Junkyard Wars, but with teams always having to compete against Jamie and Adam.

I would definitely watch a combination of Iron Chef and Junk Yard wars (actually, that was an episode of Good Eats...).

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
The only entertaining person and only reason to watch any of the * Wars shows died. Legitimately misanthropic Roy from Shipping Wars had a heart attack and died on Friday. No word on what's to become of Muffy.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Dang, that's a bummer. I wonder if they'll continue the show, or just get his weirdo almost-Roy buddy from a couple episodes ago to replace him.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Moonshiners is several seasons old at this point, and has at least one spinoff. It's as terrible as you'd expect.

It'd be great if redneck poo poo wasn't glamorized and marketed as something to aspire to be. There's a portion of the viewer audience that watches it purely as means of culture slumming, but there's waaaay too much appeal in "Hey this is a great way of life look how simple and happy everyone is!"

Everyone is simple and happy because they've been browbeaten into accepting that their life will begin and end within the loving county line and as a result have given up on any hopes and aspirations, you loathsome turd.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Ariza posted:

only reason to watch any of the * Wars shows died.

Brandi's breasts died?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

On this week's Mythbusters I was fairly surprised that the safety glass actually managed to cut one of their dummies.

On a downside though I was disappointed that they just completely glossed over the reasons why the truck flip failed the first time they tried to replicate it. That whole myth was kind of boring though, they try it both ways and nothing happens and there's not really anything to follow up on.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Anybody catch the new season of Survivorman? It doesn't seem like Les is really into it this time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It really annoyed me that Adam kept failing to put his visor down in the glass myth. What's the point of safety gear if you aren't going to use it properly? Don't you keep reminding us that you're experienced professionals in all the bumpers?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So last week on Mythbusters we had the twitter feed halfway up the screen. This week they outdid themselves with this:

Huge animated thing taking up an entire third of the screen for about ten seconds at a time. Combined with static images in the upper and lower corners on the other side of the screen which were there for the entire show.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mister Kingdom posted:

Anybody catch the new season of Survivorman? It doesn't seem like Les is really into it this time.

How do you mean? I've only caught the newest one where he's in Argentina and it looked like he was loving miserable. Don't think he ate anything for the whole time he was there.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

So last week on Mythbusters we had the twitter feed halfway up the screen. This week they outdid themselves with this:

Huge animated thing taking up an entire third of the screen for about ten seconds at a time. Combined with static images in the upper and lower corners on the other side of the screen which were there for the entire show.

Weird, I didn't notice that. Maybe because I start fast forwarding just as they start going to commercial, and even for a bit when they come out, since its normally a sneak preview -> recap around each one.

I was just thinking all these type show do that crap, the intro which tells to much, and the teasers. I guess its to get people to stop and watch while they are flipping channels?

I want Dr. Who to start doing that. In that show they'll explain what happened in some critical scene 5 episodes back in like 1 sentence fragment, I wouldn't mind if they explained crap more.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
This is always relevant, and always hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg4z7mzaVco

Anyway, I didn't really notice the Klondike poo poo covering up the screen until that scene where it covers up Kari's face for like 5-10 seconds. The "teasers" practically giving away what happens have been there for a while though. Even though they don't go so far as to just show it happening, they usually show just enough to where you can figure out the result. Like, they'll show Adam and Jamie or the B Team reacting in a way which tells you that something exciting happened in an experiment which could have had one of two results (i.e. something exciting or nothing at all).

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
As hit and miss Mythbusters has been in recent years, this was a thing of beauty:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Demon Of The Fall posted:

How do you mean? I've only caught the newest one where he's in Argentina and it looked like he was loving miserable. Don't think he ate anything for the whole time he was there.

I can't quite put my finger on it. It just feels off.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Spalec posted:

As hit and miss Mythbusters has been in recent years, this was a thing of beauty:

What I thought was cool was that the Beetle was the only car that didn't actually flip over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
So far that Klondike miniseries has been pretty good.

Basically it's a Deadwood movie without the swearing.

• Locked thread