Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Crummelhorn posted:

I don't think Ryu is a wizard. My roommate does. How do you guys weigh in?

He's a monk. It's like a physical wizard.

A phyzard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

All the SF guys are wizards who do special moves, except for Guile who is just moving his hand so fast that he is creating a literal sonic boom.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Noxville posted:

He's making real short work of Four Kings.

Pfft only OP noobs have to kill four of them.

There's a glitch that the hitbox for each one stays there for a couple seconds after they're killed so you can get 1-2 extra hits. You end up facing a little less than 3 of them in that fight doing that.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

No one knows. I would get to playing it sooner rather than later.

Alright. It's not a big pressure for me to play it since I own the PS3 version. I got the PC version because Steam likes to sell it for a pittance and it came with the DLC, which I never got on the PS3.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Crummelhorn posted:

Ryu from Street Fighter would count as a monk because he is an unarmed fighter that channels his Ki or whatever.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Crummelhorn posted:

A simple way to solve this is to ask your roommate if they consider Goku to be a wizard, if Ryu is a wizard then that means Goku and everyone in Dragonball Z is a wizard too.
If your roommate is okay with this then you know they are a crazy person and you should move out.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Pyrovile posted:

Yeah he beat the fake Manus, but he didn't beat the real Manus like Vinny did.

Took me a bit to catch this. :golfclap:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Plus, playing with a strategy guide kinda destroys some of the fun of a Souls game in the first place.

Like looking things up on the Wiki.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

The Dragonball Z guys literally have to cast their spells out loud. They are most definitely wizards.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Bullshit, the Spirit Bomb is not a magic spell.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Ryu from Street Fighter would count as a monk because he is an unarmed fighter that channels his Ki or whatever.

Ki is just another word for magic.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I didn't know Games for WIndows was shutting down. Best news I've heard in 2014.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Whizbang posted:

Spirit magic.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Whizbang posted:

Goku is clearly a vampire, draining life on earth to fuel his giant balls of energy

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I didn't know Games for WIndows was shutting down. Best news I've heard in 2014.

Despite being a bad service, it's also kind of a shame because, as far as I know, they have no plans to re-open the marketplace without GFWL or re-sell any of the games that were available there on other platforms. So downloadable versions of Viva Pinata and probably some other non-pinata games no longer exist legally.

It would make sense to put them on steam, of course, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft just decided not to, either to spite valve or because they just don't give a poo poo about whatever portion of people might still want to buy those games.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

What level is Patrick at now? He sure has a lot of health and endurance.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Mu Zeta posted:

It's also going to take down any GFWL game with it, unless the Developer goes back in and removes it. That includes many games that have been sold through Steam. That may include Dark Souls.

So we're going to see a somewhat significant example of the horrors of digital distribution. It'll be... Interesting.

edit: Oh my god, that last guy who invaded.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 21, 2014

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Hahaha, someone just invaded Patrick and all he did was drop a dung pie.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Blister posted:

Goku is clearly a vampire, draining life on earth to fuel his giant balls of energy

Wait, so Goku is a vampire AND a wizard? Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that Goku is some kind of lich lord?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Binman88 hits patrick where it really hurts.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Optimus Subprime posted:

Hahaha, someone just invaded Patrick and all he did was drop a dung pie.

The best part was the shrug before he left Patrick's world.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Binman88 is my hero.

KoB
May 1, 2009
D&D is not the be-all-end-all of wizarding. SF guys are totally wizards, they just also punch stuff.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

KoB posted:

D&D is not the be-all-end-all of wizarding. SF guys are totally wizards, they just also punch stuff.
If you say the name of the ability you're casting while gesturing your hands, then you are a wizard harry.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What about the MK characters? They do all the same stuff as the SF guys, but they don't say the name of the ability as they cast it.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

KoB posted:

But what about the Mortal Kombat characters? Subzero is clearly using magic, is he a wizard if it's ninja magic? :suicide:

edit: son of a bitch

KoB
May 1, 2009
Then they are casting magic without saying anything. SF guys yell it out cuz its way cooler that way. Since when does magic need voice recognition? Its loving magic.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Scoops strolling through the rest of this game is kind of a bummer. It's no fun when it's a cakewalk like this.

It looks like Dark Souls 2 is gonna fix the stat issue where you need to spread 'em around instead of dumping them all into str and end and turning unstoppable.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
He is about to hit the Bed of Chaos. That might stop him in his tracks for awhile. Just not in a fun way.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

KoB posted:

Then they are casting magic without saying anything. SF guys yell it out cuz its way cooler that way. Since when does magic need voice recognition? Its loving magic.

What would magic be without rambling in Latin or whatever before shooting fire from your hands?

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Blister posted:

So what you're really trying to say is that Goku is a rapist?

No argument here.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Nox was a cool game, tho.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Spirit energy, or Ki, does not make you a wizard. Wizards use natural or occult energy.

I'm a wizard so I would know.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Overbite posted:

Spirit energy, or Ki, does not make you a wizard. Wizards use natural or occult energy.

I'm a wizard so I would know.

Maybe youre just a lovely wizard.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Overbite posted:

Scoops strolling through the rest of this game is kind of a bummer. It's no fun when it's a cakewalk like this.

It looks like Dark Souls 2 is gonna fix the stat issue where you need to spread 'em around instead of dumping them all into str and end and turning unstoppable.

I picked Dark Souls up on release when it was still in that weird period where nobody knew what the gently caress, so I ended up beating the game with poise-less hardened leather armor, the lightning spear, a bunch of points in resistance, and like 25 useless points in dex because everyone said that was what let you do the flip roll (it isn't). I think having a garbage character honestly made the late game more enjoyable.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wow. A dragon butt revealed the hidden bonfire for him.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

It's really simple, wizards summon elements from another realm using incantations, catalysts and the like. Mystical monks, Street Fighters™ and even Goku channel their energy from within. Goku needs no wand.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

KoB posted:

Maybe youre just a lovely wizard.

I don't like DOTA.

Vargs posted:

I picked Dark Souls up on release when it was still in that weird period where nobody knew what the gently caress, so I ended up beating the game with poise-less hardened leather armor, the lightning spear, a bunch of points in resistance, and like 25 useless points in dex because everyone said that was what let you do the flip roll (it isn't). I think having a garbage character honestly made the late game more enjoyable.

Yeah I finished it with a mix of Str, End, Vit, and some Dex. My main weapon was a fire claymore +5. The final boss was easy but I was about SL60 instead of Patrick (and Vinnys) SL80 something. I had issues with the late game bosses. Patrick just put his 40th point into END so he's loaded.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
In the continuing adventures of Gamers Are Complete Pieces of poo poo: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755081&page=1

Full transcript and as the NeoGAF thread says, take note of the timestamps:

:nignog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think DS gets so much easier when you have some good advice on builds and stuff that it actually throws the game out of balance. The 'hard as gently caress' reputation comes in part from the first few waves of people that played through it when all this poo poo wasn't figured out the the eighth decimal place. I'm not making GBS threads on Patrick's ability or saying he's playing it 'wrong' or anything, incidentally. Just that the game isn't actually balanced that well later on, and the problem's exacerbated when you have people in chat giving (mostly) decent advice about leveling stuff up and weapons to use. It's partially because of the splitting paths in the endgame -- the curve goes all out of whack after Anor Londo and it's pretty well established that the back half of the game isn't as good as the first.

• Locked thread