Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Overbite posted:

Scoops strolling through the rest of this game is kind of a bummer. It's no fun when it's a cakewalk like this.

It looks like Dark Souls 2 is gonna fix the stat issue where you need to spread 'em around instead of dumping them all into str and end and turning unstoppable.

Well, the undead dragon did kick his rear end at level 87, so there is hope he stumbles a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Yodzilla posted:

In the continuing adventures of Gamers Are Complete Pieces of poo poo: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755081&page=1

Full transcript and as the NeoGAF thread says, take note of the timestamps:

:nignog:

:allears:

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Jesus Christ. That's enough creepy people on the internet for my week thanks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Please Leigh, tell me more about how sexy nazis are.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
She's right though.

sulley posted:

Jesus Christ. That's enough creepy people on the internet for my week thanks.

Yeah I don't know what the hell that things is. Thanks new/uncategorized smilies section.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Oh my god, I couldn't even get past the first section before having to stop. That person is a reporter? A person whose job is to handle social situations? That's the most socially awkward poo poo ever.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

She really does have a point. Also, check out David Jaffe https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/425435781138632705

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
http://joshmattingly.tumblr.com/

Summary: "Here's my excuse, but please don't read it as an excuse. I just felt a need to find an excuse because I'm really a Nice Guy."

Personal tragedy goes hand in hand with living. It's a shame the guy couldn't just offer a heartfelt apology without making himself in to the victim.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's cool that he's an alcoholic and all but I don't understand why that has anything to do with him sexually harassing a stranger on twitter.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Fallom posted:

It's cool that he's an alcoholic and all but I don't understand why that has anything to do with him sexually harassing a stranger on twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjtpp90lu8&t=49s

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Hashy posted:

She really does have a point. Also, check out David Jaffe https://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/425435781138632705

God dammit Jaffe.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I dunno about you but I go to Giant Bomb for the latest about Vinny's bro news, Jeff's mancave corner and Brad's manscaping minute. I was also completely pissed off that they got rid of Nicholson because I really needed to know how to build up my arm strength!

Hashy posted:

Jesus, really man?

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I don't know what the hell that things is. Thanks new/uncategorized smilies section.

Hah.I was more referring to the esteemed Josh Mattingly. And it looks like according to neogaf his site was funded by Kickstarter hahaha.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bed of chaos instantly demonstrates why it's the worst boss in the game.

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009
Wow, that transcript is horrifyingly creepy.

TheJoker138 posted:

Please Leigh, tell me more about how sexy nazis are.

Yes, how dare she say that Nazis had good fashion sense. I can't believe so many people still bring this up.

Yes, she got drunk and loud (she wasn't alone though), but the Nazis knew how to dress well and it's okay to say so. Get over yourself, Internet.

I wouldn't call the Bombcast a bro podcast though...

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

No amount of being overleveled can prepare you for the bullshit in this fight.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

NmareBfly posted:

Bed of chaos instantly demonstrates why it's the worst boss in the game.

At this point, falling to his death is really the only way Patrick's going to die.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Way to go David Jaffe, taking all of twitter to task for focusing on the wrong victim here

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Fallom posted:

Really buddy? Sexual harassment? The man was only offering assistance should she need a penis in the near future. It's really no different than sparing a cup of sugar for a neighbor.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Remember that From did patch Dark Souls to make everything drop more souls, decrease aggro radius, improve physical scaling, and generally make the game easier. Yeah, incomplete information did make the game a lot harder at launch, but it was also just straight up harder at launch. Level 50 O&S and Level 80 Gwyn sounds about right for then.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Games journalists are one of my top 10 sources of entertainment.

I just don't think they get why.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Francis posted:

Remember that From did patch Dark Souls to make everything drop more souls, decrease aggro radius, improve physical scaling, and generally make the game easier. Yeah, incomplete information did make the game a lot harder at launch, but it was also just straight up harder at launch. Level 50 O&S and Level 80 Gwyn sounds about right for then.

Not being able to get the lantern until halfway through tomb of giants was so lovely and so great at the same time. Made that area pretty drat tense. A buddy of mine never got kicked down the hole by patches and didn't end up finding that thing at all, haha. Doing the skeleton dog area with no lantern must have been hell.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Optimus Subprime posted:

At this point, falling to his death is really the only way Patrick's going to die.

He could make the jump and then get nuked while breaking branches.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha Patrick is getting raked over the coals here

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

The Witch of Izalith is slowly breaking Patrick. Man what a lousily designed area. I feel very lucky that it only took me 3 tries to finish that place.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Saint Freak posted:

Games journalists are one of my top 10 sources of entertainment.

I just don't think they get why.

The entire industry has been hilarious since about this time last year when SimCity came out.

2014 is off to a fast start today with this incident and Microsoft's Youtube payola.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Vargs posted:

Not being able to get the lantern until halfway through tomb of giants was so lovely and so great at the same time. Made that area pretty drat tense. A buddy of mine never got kicked down the hole by patches and didn't end up finding that thing at all, haha. Doing the skeleton dog area with no lantern must have been hell.

Yep it's fantastic. I almost feel bad for anyone who found a lantern before that just because of the experience they missed.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Hansen85 posted:

Wow, that transcript is horrifyingly creepy.

Yes, how dare she say that Nazis had good fashion sense. I can't believe so many people still bring this up.

Yes, she got drunk and loud (she wasn't alone though), but the Nazis knew how to dress well and it's okay to say so. Get over yourself, Internet.

I wouldn't call the Bombcast a bro podcast though...
Y'know, I was going argue about how she was making some other woman's uncomfortable experience about her own dumb thing. But taking into account how horrendously sexist and socially retarded gamers are. She has probably read things that would make my hair turn white over something as petty as getting really drunk and being really obnoxious on a loving gaming podcast. Perhaps it's not so dumb!

edit: Hooray! Patrick beat the Bed of Chaos.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 21, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ahahah the Bed of Chaos just launched him into the right spot.

edit: "Sometimes you get swept up in the moment" 10/10 pun

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 21, 2014

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

HAHAHA, the hands swiped him in to the final cave.

Patrick's whole Dark Souls run has been pretty magical.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The Bed of Chaos felt sorry for him.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That finish was worth it.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
That was the best way to beat Bed of Chaos. Forget doing it in one run. Bed loving itself over was the best.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Flubby posted:

That was the best way to beat Bed of Chaos. Forget doing it in one run. Bed loving itself over was the best.
Patrick is really lucky at this game.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I've never once been able to beat Bed of Chaos in one run. poo poo is garbage time.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Patrick's about to take on Gwyn for those not watching.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

I don't care if Gwyn's fight was rushed. It's such a somber fight with such a beautiful tune.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

If you can parry, Gwyn is pretty easy, we'll see if Patrick figures it out.

edit: And he's not practiced at all at it.

Optimus Subprime fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 21, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mutation posted:

I don't care if Gwyn's fight was rushed. It's such a somber fight with such a beautiful tune.

I really like that the final boss is just a knock out drag out fight with a human sized opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Yeah, and it being in this huge empty cave lit up only by his sword makes it feel. I dunno. neat I guess.

• Locked thread