Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
That Whirl looks really good. I wonder if he's going to get a Japanese release considering he's VERY true to his G1 design which was ripped straight out of Dorvack. I'm surprised they're legally able to make that toy and aren't getting lawsuits. I dunno who has the Dorvack IP, but it's gotta be somebody.

Of course I say he looks awesome, but then I'll get him in-hand is be horribly disappointed like most recent Generations figures. Hey, that Blitzwing looks awesome! ...Aw. :( Well, that Stealth Bomber Megatron looks awesome! ...Aw. :( I like the look of those FOC toys... oh.

Transformers Generations figures are so photogenic but often so disappointing. They're like a fat chick on OKCupid who looks awesome from that Myspace angle, but once you're there in person reality kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Guess I just have low standards, 'cause all those toys are pretty good. :shrug:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

SpazmasterX posted:

I want a t-rex Optimus Prime

Buy CHUG FoC Grimlock, headswap with CHUG G2 Prime, paint red/blue.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

No Your Other Left posted:

Guess I just have low standards, 'cause all those toys are pretty good. :shrug:

I think it's more like I've been spoiled by Early Generations \ Reveal the Shield \ United as well as third parties and Bandai Tamashii nations stuff.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/in-hand-images-of-generations-voyager-whirl-179104/

Bunch of Voyager Whirl pictures and it should be noted, he is very very very tiny for a Voyager.

How can anybody tell what the scale is from those pictures? Are there more images comparing it to another toy?

edit: VVV So it's based on the space it takes up inside the box then. Got it. So the 3 modes thing; is it supposed to be robot, alt mode and gerwalk?

Arsenal_12 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 21, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arsenal_12 posted:

How can anybody tell what the scale is from those pictures? Are there more images comparing it to another toy?

That is the standard sized box, same size as Springer, Blitzwing, Grimlock etc.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Gammatron 64 posted:

That Whirl looks really good. I wonder if he's going to get a Japanese release considering he's VERY true to his G1 design which was ripped straight out of Dorvack. I'm surprised they're legally able to make that toy and aren't getting lawsuits. I dunno who has the Dorvack IP, but it's gotta be somebody.

Takara recently worked a deal to have Dorvack Mugen Caliber toys repainted and sold as Roadbuster, so I think they've been in contact with whoever owns it.

This is pretty much why I never expect to see MP Shockwave. As I understand it, Quakewave is pretty much the original with updated engineering and extra detail. Tomy bought a bunch of other companies over the years, so pretty much all the non-Takara Transformers, they now have the rights to them, but Shockwave isn't one of those designs.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The vehicle mode on Whirl looks loving awful, though. There's a giant gap between the cockpit and the legs in the official photos that's so bad I half hope it's some kind of egregious mistransformation. That plus the lack of IDW design is going to make him a tough sell for me.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goldskull posted:

You're a star, thank you.

Ok, here we go:

Clear Wings:

Length: 44mm
Width (widest): 13mm
Width (narrowest): 7.5mm
Thickness: 2.5mm

Rear spoiler:

Length: 20mm
Width: 12mm
Height: 8mm (highest point)
Height: 6mm (lowest)

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Skyhammer is legit one of my favorite TFs and I hold others to his standard. Everyone should have one.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
For those of you whom have ordered from TFSource before, what's their turn around time on orders like?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

You Am I posted:

Ok, here we go:

Clear Wings:

Length: 44mm
Width (widest): 13mm
Width (narrowest): 7.5mm
Thickness: 2.5mm

Rear spoiler:

Length: 20mm
Width: 12mm
Height: 8mm (highest point)
Height: 6mm (lowest)

Excellent work, that's exactly what I needed. I can draw templates up and chop them out of the styrene sheets I ordered on Sunday now, thus saving about £40. Missile Launchers might be a bit trickier though. Cheers.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cassa posted:

For those of you whom have ordered from TFSource before, what's their turn around time on orders like?

Once they finally ship your order it shows up pretty fast, but it took them a good week to ship out my only order from them last year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Skyhammer's only weak points are that he needs better hip articulation, and that his rotor assembly is easy to break :(

Still owns bones though.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Cassa posted:

I've found them to be a lot quicker than BBTS. Generally I like them better than BBTS (which is the only other store I've used for TFs besides Hasbro ToyShop). Someone on this thread had a horrible experience with them being responsible for a hacked credit card, but I've always used PayPal so I've had no problems. My general experience with them is basically that if I ordered something tomorrow that was in stock, I would get it on Saturday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So my dad picked this up at the UK Toy Fair. He's about 2 inches high:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
That's pretty slick. I would collect a few of those, for sure.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Partsforming be damned, that PE Warden is one slick-rear end looking motherfucker and I want him.

Has there been any word on whether someone was going to make a faceplate for the Fansproject not-Brainstorm? That's the only reason I haven't picked him up already (also because I am poor and should not buy so much plastic).

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The only third-party product (excluding shapeways repro parts) I own is the Assault Force X Reflector set from Perfect Effect and I love it to death.

That is all.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Looks like BBTS got the next wave of Generation Deluxes and Whirl in stock. Still no sign of Swerve and Cosmos preorders though

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Other posted:

Looks like BBTS got the next wave of Generation Deluxes and Whirl in stock. Still no sign of Swerve and Cosmos preorders though

Does this mean Rhinox will hit shelves soon? The hunt begins. :dance:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
TFCC Chromedome. I like it. Not enough to get a club membership, but it's neat.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Captain Magic posted:

Has there been any word on whether someone was going to make a faceplate for the Fansproject not-Brainstorm? That's the only reason I haven't picked him up already (also because I am poor and should not buy so much plastic).

I cut out a small plate from leftover sprue, put some yellow coating and stuck it with tak. Nobody is any the wiser.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Other posted:

How the heck did they get the Armada Starscream wave before the Skids wave?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Phy posted:

How the heck did they get the Armada Starscream wave before the Skids wave?

They did get the Skids wave, it's sitting in my Pile of Loot as we speak. It just sold out real quick is all.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Other posted:

And Diesel should be in stock tomorrow. I'm shipping my Pile of Loot as soon as it hits.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Arsenal_12 posted:

And Diesel should be in stock tomorrow. I'm shipping my Pile of Loot as soon as it hits.
Are you basing that on the ETA? Because they've been changing it ahead one day for the last couple days.

Which is just the gosh darn silliest thing.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

Are you basing that on the ETA? Because they've been changing it ahead one day for the last couple days.

Which is just the gosh darn silliest thing.

I got a ship notification for Glacial bots and I've resisted the urge to complain about BBTS numberfluid dates, the two days it takes to charge a credit card, and the week it takes to pack my pile of loot.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I got Hoist today, he's quite fun. The comic is pretty good too, but I noticed Hoist's faceplate disappears in a single panel (and reappears immediately) showing a normal nose and mouth. I assume this is an error but it isn't even mentioned in the respective tfwiki page.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Okay, so that tab on Diesel that is supposed to be really easy to break?

It is really easy to break. I stopped paying close attention for like ten seconds and snip snap. I don't think it matters all that much, as there's still a ball joint to keep it in place, but I'm pretty annoyed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Okay, so that tab on Diesel that is supposed to be really easy to break?

It is really easy to break. I stopped paying close attention for like ten seconds and snip snap. I don't think it matters all that much, as there's still a ball joint to keep it in place, but I'm pretty annoyed.

Mind taking some pictures? Haven't ordered mine yet but I'd like to know what's up before I fiddle with him.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

The Rage posted:

Mind taking some pictures? Haven't ordered mine yet but I'd like to know what's up before I fiddle with him.

I'd be happy to do it tomorrow, definitely. Basically, if you watch peaugh's video (right at like the half-hour mark), and he points out how the back "wing" pieces are really hard to maneuver without stressing certain tabs, that's what I'm talking about.

If you're anxious for pics I think someone on the 2005 boards posted the exact same problem. It doesn't seem to be that great of a tiny joint.

Edit: here's a link with a picture:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/635944-fansproject-stunticons-menasor-aka-m3-intimidator-2039.html

I only got to spend a little time with the big guy tonight but I have enjoyed him a lot so far, that issue notwithstanding. He looks great and I really dig how the trailer becomes so many different bits. I know that's not everybody's bag but I really dig trailers becoming battle armor and extra guns and such.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 22, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So the latest RiD. Apparently that Arcee is the only female transformer is a bunch of poo poo now. Unless Nautica and Chromia aren't Cybertronians or something.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Whirl is not that small.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Huh, the instructions show an official Gerwalk mode they call "Heloped". Excellent.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

A lot of people complain that Whirl is based on the G1 toy and not the IDW comics, but he looks really loving good, dudes. I just hope he doesn't have any flaws that don't show up in pictures, like Blitzwing's arms or floppy joints or something.

Skids was another figure I was really excited to get and looked great in pics (thanks strangehamster!) although I was pretty disappointed with him out of the box... until I realized his thighs were assembled backwards and switched them out. I've heard someone else mention this too, so if your Skids has no meaningful leg articulation, pop them off and switch the thighs. His shoulder kibble still gets in the way, but now at least I can get him to stand and move his legs!

What's nice about Skids, is that in addition to having all the guns ever, he has a lot of paint apps. He's got plenty of red and silver and doesn't have cheap-looking unpainted hubcaps like a lot of figures do.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
The amount of broken tab reports on tfw is making me anxious. I can still cancel my preorder. Don't really want to though, Menas0r is my first (and probably only) 3rd party combiner.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Other posted:

They also cancelled my $30 TFCon Nightbird. Something really doesn't want me to go third party. They combined the leftovers with the Whirl preorder though, so whatever.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Man, I already liked him but with these new photos that have his legs properly "chickenified" now I really really want Whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Ka0 posted:

The amount of broken tab reports on tfw is making me anxious. I can still cancel my preorder. Don't really want to though, Menas0r is my first (and probably only) 3rd party combiner.

This is exactly how I'm feeling. This and Glacial Lord are the only third party combiners I've bought and don't want to back out now.

I do feel like a 120/150 dollar toy shouldn't have these issues, though.