Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

spongeworthy posted:

I'm fairly certain iCloud syncing and general Push for email are separate functions, but you're really not hurting your battery much at all by having Push turned on for iCloud email. If anything you could turn Fetch to Hourly and be better off but even that isn't much.

I've got both Push turned on and Fetch set at 15 minutes (on five accounts) and I've seen no issues with an idle phone and battery drain.

Thanks for the quick answer. I've got an Iphone 4 so I'm pretty keen on getting some speed tweaks. I've literally just jailbroke and I'm still in the process of downloading some stuff I used to have from cydia so I'm not even sure the performance hit is worth worrying about. I seem to recall some people even saying 7 runs faster than 6.3 though I don't remember if they were on an Iphone 4 or 4s or 5 or what but I figure any little bit helps.

I've used fake clock up before and I defiantly plan on grabbing it again but I've also read about one called noslowanimations. Anyone know if these do the exact same thing, do they conflict? Any other cydia speed tweaks you guys know of would be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Denim Dude posted:

Thanks for the quick answer. I've got an Iphone 4 so I'm pretty keen on getting some speed tweaks. I've literally just jailbroke and I'm still in the process of downloading some stuff I used to have from cydia so I'm not even sure the performance hit is worth worrying about. I seem to recall some people even saying 7 runs faster than 6.3 though I don't remember if they were on an Iphone 4 or 4s or 5 or what but I figure any little bit helps.

I've used fake clock up before and I defiantly plan on grabbing it again but I've also read about one called noslowanimations. Anyone know if these do the exact same thing, do they conflict? Any other cydia speed tweaks you guys know of would be greatly appreciated.

I've got both NoSlowAnimations and FakeClockUp installed but I haven't had to change the speed on FCU yet since the former is doing the trick.

You could also look into Nitrous, and definitely turn on Reduce Motion if you haven't already done so.

Unrelated: Calendar for Lockscreen came out today. I've been wanting this since LockInfo isn't updated (yet?)

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 18, 2014

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

Ah I saw that reduce motion thing mentioned in one of the guides I checked out but I had figured it was related to that parallax effect which Isn't available on my phone. I should have known that wasn't the case because it allowed me to toggle it but I ended up leaving it at the default setting. Thanks for the tip.

This is probably old news but there is an adblock which just essentially updates the host file and it seems to be updated pretty often.

Repo is http://cydia.myrepospace.com/basic

Thread is http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?p=787422#post787422

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 18, 2014

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Denim Dude posted:

Noslowanimations is "better" because it doesn't affect stuff like animated gifs (and I think some videos). Fakeclockup will speed them up as well.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

Has anyone used flex? I downloaded the same patch to remove ads from talkatone like 6 times on accident and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove patches.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

There used to be a tweak for showing however many days of calendar events you want in the NC that I loved but can't for the life of me remember the name of- is there anything similar yet for the new iOS 7 NC?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Denim Dude posted:

Has anyone used flex? I downloaded the same patch to remove ads from talkatone like 6 times on accident and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove patches.

Slide to delete works for me.

slomomofo posted:

There used to be a tweak for showing however many days of calendar events you want in the NC that I loved but can't for the life of me remember the name of- is there anything similar yet for the new iOS 7 NC?

NCCalendar+ maybe. Hasn't been updated afaik.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

Slide to delete works for me.

Hah, apparently you can only swipe right to left and not left to right. Thanks man.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Did anyone else have problems with jailbreaking ios7 disabling notifications for apps? Google hangouts and ircCloud stopped pinging me after I jailbroke.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Literally The Worst posted:

Did anyone else have problems with jailbreaking ios7 disabling notifications for apps? Google hangouts and ircCloud stopped pinging me after I jailbroke.

All of my notification stuff got reset.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

status posted:

All of my notification stuff got reset.

Yeah I re-enabled notifications but it still didn't work. Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the things that weren't working, seemed to do the trick.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

spongeworthy posted:

NCCalendar+ maybe. Hasn't been updated afaik.

Yeah, that's the one! Thanks. Guess I'll just have to wait.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

Yeah I re-enabled notifications but it still didn't work. Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the things that weren't working, seemed to do the trick.

I'm late, but this worked for me:

quote:

"var/mobile/Library/BulletinBoard/SectionInfo.plist < Rename the file extension to .bak then respring."

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

so is mobilesubstrate updated for the 5s yet? Slash is there critical mass in terms of apps updated for the 5s or is it still catch up game status?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Grandmaster.flv posted:

so is mobilesubstrate updated for the 5s yet? Slash is there critical mass in terms of apps updated for the 5s or is it still catch up game status?

It's updated and new stuff is coming out daily.

Slo-mo mod just came out for non-5S cameras. StoreAlert is new today- asks before opening App Store from advertisements and such. Pull to Dismiss and BrowserChooser just updated for iOS 7.

And Questrial is an awesome font I just discovered.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 21, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
If anyone wants to fix the jailbreak bug thats been around forever where the statusbar is in places it shouldn't be (camera app, for instance), add the repo http://repo.pnre.co.vu and install statusbarfix2

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

If anyone wants to fix the jailbreak bug thats been around forever where the statusbar is in places it shouldn't be (camera app, for instance), add the repo http://repo.pnre.co.vu and install statusbarfix2

Thanks for this; I was just about to ask about that problem. Been bugging me for a while now.

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I just assumed this was yet another instance of iOS 7 UI design stupidity. I even thought I saw it on my boss's stock iPhone 5, but it must have been my imagination. Using the camera app should be a little easier now.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

There's a new jailbreak tweak on the modmyi repo called Controllers For All ($1.99) that enables use of a PS3 controller with the built in iOS7 controller API. Lots of games already have controller support and now you don't need to spend $100 on the crappy MFi controllers.

Toucharcade forums thread of iOS7 controller supported games
Another (more) updated list of compatible games
Reddit's list of compatible games

VVVVV
It is indeed amazing. Makes GTA: San Andreas so much better.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 20, 2014

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

ihatepants posted:

There's a new jailbreak tweak on the modmyi repo called Controllers For All ($1.99) that enables use of a PS3 controller with the built in iOS7 controller API. Lots of games already have controller support and now you don't need to spend $100 on the crappy MFi controllers.

List of iOS7 controller supported games

This is amazing, you're amazing, whoever made this is amazing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ihatepants posted:

Toucharcade forums thread of iOS7 controller supported games
Another (more) updated list of compatible games
Reddit's list of compatible games

VVVVV
It is indeed amazing. Makes GTA: San Andreas so much better.

If they manage to add DS4 support I will be pleased. (I have no more DS3's, but also the DS4 has swipe capability on the touchpad, making it a natural option.)

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Feenix posted:

If they manage to add DS4 support I will be pleased. (I have no more DS3's, but also the DS4 has swipe capability on the touchpad, making it a natural option.)

The developer says that DS4 support is coming in the near future.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I've read back a few pages after seeing the warning for JB'ing 7.0.4, does that warning still apply? I've got an iPad 2 on 7.0.2 now and am wondering if I should upgrade to 7.0.4 or JB first or what. This would be the first time I've jail broken anything like this ever.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

SquadronROE posted:

I've read back a few pages after seeing the warning for JB'ing 7.0.4, does that warning still apply? I've got an iPad 2 on 7.0.2 now and am wondering if I should upgrade to 7.0.4 or JB first or what. This would be the first time I've jail broken anything like this ever.

Upgrade to 7.0.4, then jailbreak.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I noticed someone said they use BiteSMS on jailbroken iOS7, but mine still crashes every time I open it. Is it just me?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Nickoten posted:

I noticed someone said they use BiteSMS on jailbroken iOS7, but mine still crashes every time I open it. Is it just me?

There's a beta available:
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/12/bitesms-8-0-2-beta-ios-7-officially-released.html

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I think I've more wanted the tweaks coming from 7.1 than I have a Jailbreak... hence I have been waiting.

That said, I think I also care more about the tweaks coming from 7.1 on my *iPhone* than I do my iPad.

And the Controllers for All thing is super mega hella tempting.

Is the Jailbreak on current iPad (Air) solid/stable? I'm sure 7.1 will eventually be JB'ed, but I can enjoy gaming now... Thoughts?

(also, I'm not new to Jailbreaking.. just haven't bother with my 5 or my Air, because they addressed *most* of the reasons I jailbroke.)

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Feenix posted:

So I think I've more wanted the tweaks coming from 7.1 than I have a Jailbreak... hence I have been waiting.

That said, I think I also care more about the tweaks coming from 7.1 on my *iPhone* than I do my iPad.

And the Controllers for All thing is super mega hella tempting.

Is the Jailbreak on current iPad (Air) solid/stable? I'm sure 7.1 will eventually be JB'ed, but I can enjoy gaming now... Thoughts?

(also, I'm not new to Jailbreaking.. just haven't bother with my 5 or my Air, because they addressed *most* of the reasons I jailbroke.)

I mean, is there a downside to just doing it?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

No. I suppose not. I remember there was some kerfluffle about the legitimacy and whatnot of this jailbreak, and security. I know that all sorted itself out and is fine. I guess I just was wondering if this JB was stable for the iPad Air... :)

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Check out this BS:

Now don't get me wrong, I love me a good jailbreak. I'm still on 6.1.2 because I can't let go of some tweaks that aren't updated yet. But I found this out when I jailbroke my sister's iPad (4th) to give her XBMC so she could turn her iPad into a HTT (home-theatre tablet. Just made that up). Screenshot is from my iPhone 5.

I didn't know this was a thing, though deep in the recesses of my memory I seem to recall some apps hating jailbreaks. Pandora maybe? Anyway, I guess there's a fix called xCon that is in beta for iOS 7.

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/XCon

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
xCon doesn't work for iOS7 already anyways? Huh.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

When I checked it out a few minutes ago it didn't show a warning saying it hadn't been tested for IOS 7 but I think the version was 38 so I headed over to the developers github and grabbed 39 beta 7 and just installed it manually.

https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon-Issues

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Anyone recently had an issue with being unable to sync to iTunes with a jailbroken device.

Every time I try now it tells me "The iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to start"

edit: And of course I should've done the IT Crowd trick of turning my iPhone off and then on, because that fixed it.

real_scud fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 21, 2014

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
Just updated to 7.0.4 from 6.1.2. Is there a tweak for showing the weather in the Notification center? That's one thing that I'm totally missing (unless it's somewhere in the settings to enable)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

iLikeMidgets posted:

Just updated to 7.0.4 from 6.1.2. Is there a tweak for showing the weather in the Notification center? That's one thing that I'm totally missing (unless it's somewhere in the settings to enable)

Probably but just replying in general about ios7: you will get a text weather comment after a little but of use. Guess it tracks your common locations first.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My banking App (Bank of Scotland) won't let me use it as it's detected (dunno how) I'm JB. I can still use the mobile site.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

iLikeMidgets posted:

Reset all settings under Reset in General in your settings.

Can this go Put this in the loving op already , please?

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

ICHIBAHN posted:

My banking App (Bank of Scotland) won't let me use it as it's detected (dunno how) I'm JB. I can still use the mobile site.

Does xCon fix that? Read a few posts up.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

ICHIBAHN posted:

When does the app tell you that it detected a jailbroken phone? I downloaded the app and I have the option to log in. I'm thousands of miles away from Scotland though so I can't test it any further than that.

Like the poster above me said I have the newest xcon beta installed.

https://github.com/n00neimp0rtant/xCon-Issues

39 beta 7 You'll have to install the .deb package manually so a combo of winscp and putty will work, or I think IFile allows you to install them.

Edit: I forgot to mention no 64bit support so I suppose it won't work if you have a 5s

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

iLikeMidgets posted:

intelliscreenX or Lockinfo (I like lockinfo), but both are still being updated so they're not ready yet.

• Locked thread