Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I made the dojo key, how do I use it? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

There's a button at the top of the screen, third from the right, that will allow you to select a key to use. If it's greyed out, you might need to back out to the main solar system map first.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

Balon posted:

Im 3/4 of the way to rank 3.

If you were specifically asking for shotgun and heavy melee options, then here goes. You have practically no options for a good shotgun outside of the Drakgoon. I haven't made one yet, but I hear it's pretty good. Boar Prime's in the Orokin Void which is both probably a little difficult for you to get and is being a large amount of RNG. Sobek and Hek are Mastery 4. Strun's just awful. I bought it after I had my Braton for a little while, and the thing just reloads too slow with way too small magazine capacity. DPS calculations are roughly that of the MK1 Braton.

As for Heavy Melee options, I think you're best off waiting till Rank 3 for the Galatine. It's a weapon based completely on its charge attack. 400% charge damage and 25% crit chance on charges. Completely viable for late game.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Metaprognosticate posted:

As for Heavy Melee options, I think you're best off waiting till Rank 3 for the Galatine. It's a weapon based completely on its charge attack. 400% charge damage and 25% crit chance on charges. Completely viable for late game.

Gram appears at rank 2 and is fairly similar to the Galantine, albeit slightly worse. I wouldn't potato it, but it's a perfectly usable weapon when you're rank 2.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So many good Alerts/Invasions the past couple of days, made it possible to put all but two of the items I was dying to make in the foundry. Now I just have to farm up credits again, and I'm golden for a while until I hit Mastery 6 for the clantech. Time to wait for Vauben bits to appear. :magical:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

If you were specifically asking for shotgun and heavy melee options, then here goes. You have practically no options for a good shotgun outside of the Drakgoon. I haven't made one yet, but I hear it's pretty good. Boar Prime's in the Orokin Void which is both probably a little difficult for you to get and is being a large amount of RNG. Sobek and Hek are Mastery 4. Strun's just awful. I bought it after I had my Braton for a little while, and the thing just reloads too slow with way too small magazine capacity. DPS calculations are roughly that of the MK1 Braton.

Large amount of RNG is underselling the Boar Prime. I've done like 15 (probably a lot more) Tower 3 Mobile Defenses and haven't gotten a receiver yet. I did manage to get my Reaper Prime building, though. The Blade was a pain in the rear end to get.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 21, 2014

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Large amount of RNG is underselling the Boar Prime. I've done like 15 (probably a lot more) Tower 3 Mobile Defenses and haven't gotten a receiver yet. I did manage to get my Reaper Prime building, though. The Blade was a pain in the rear end to get.
Try running ODD instead. Dunno why it's the only Boar Prime part there, but it's on the drop tables.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

NGDBSS posted:

Try running ODD instead. Dunno why it's the only Boar Prime part there, but it's on the drop tables.

Yeah, I've considered that, but I like the Corrupted more than the Infested and I have run a LOT of loving Infested defenses with my clan. loving stupid Banshee helmet. Plus, towers give more money and have better drops and loot rooms.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Echophonic posted:

I got a Boar Prime receiver by total accident after typing during the "Claim & Exit/Battle" prompt in an ODD. :shepface:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Insert name here posted:

I got a Boar Prime receiver by total accident after typing during the "Claim & Exit/Battle" prompt in an ODD. :shepface:
...wait, wasn't I hosting that run? :raise:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I wish DE would implement Prime parts trading, I could kit out the entire clan with primes then.

I have 2 spare Boar Prime Receivers.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I thought I understood the Warframe grind until I built my Rhino, only to discover I actually only built one component and I still have to farm 2 more blueprints, a ton of mats and spend like another 100k on the real blueprints plus builds. Holy poo poo.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bunleigh posted:

I thought I understood the Warframe grind until I built my Rhino, only to discover I actually only built one component and I still have to farm 2 more blueprints, a ton of mats and spend like another 100k on the real blueprints plus builds. Holy poo poo.

That is baby-level stuff compared to farming items out of the Void. Come back when you've built an Ember Prime.

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 21, 2014

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Bunleigh posted:

Just wait until you're grinding void keys so you can grind capture for Ember Prime parts that supposedly drop. (They don't. It's a lie. EmberP systems aren't real.)

And these all have the same build costs as regular frames on top. Not that it matters since by the time you get the BP drop you'll have so much materials and credits that you don't even care any more. Hell, at this point even Forma are just a blank drop for me.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Prav posted:

Just wait until you're grinding void keys so you can grind capture for Ember Prime parts that supposedly drop. (They don't. It's a lie. EmberP systems aren't real.)

And these all have the same build costs as regular frames on top. Not that it matters since by the time you get the BP drop you'll have so much materials and credits that you don't even care any more. Hell, at this point even Forma are just a blank drop for me.
I got three systems before I got a helmet, the blueprints, or a second Orthos blade. I was running roughly equal amounts of T1/T2/T3.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Prav posted:

Then wait til you get Ember and find out she is an abysmal frame.

e: I ran 20 consecutive T3 Caps, got 11 Bronco parts, 8 Forma BPs, and 1 Ember P systems. Just wanted an Orthos Prime blade :emo:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Ajax posted:

Then wait til you get Ember and find out she is an abysmal frame

Like that matters. Tenno points, then back to Rhino/Loki.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Just got a mod up to 120% multishot. what exactly does that imply?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

w00tmonger posted:

Just got a mod up to 120% multishot. what exactly does that imply?

2 bullets 100% of the time, 3 bullets 20% of the time.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Or if it's a shotgun, it's (#pellets * 1.2)=total pellets. I think the Brakk with barrel diffusion/lethal torrent gets 28 pellets, Drakgoon gets like 22 with a maxxed hell's chamber.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

chumbler posted:

2 bullets 100% of the time, 3 bullets 20% of the time.
And in the case of shotguns it multiplies the number of pellets. 120% multishot on a shotgun that normally fires 10 pellets would make it fire 22 instead. If it normally fired 7 pellets it would fire 15 with a 40% chance of a 16th.

And since I've seen people ask before: no, it doesn't consume any more ammo.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Orthos is perfectly fine as heavy melee and is much more user and material-friendly than Galatine.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

How are the Dual Heat Swords/Ether in Damage 2.0? I used to have D. Ethers before the optional reset circa update 7-ish and they were awesome for carving up light infested with the old 3x multiplier. I'm sure they won't beat my current Zoren/Fang but sometimes a man wants to cut poo poo without looking like a seizurecopter.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

SilentW posted:

Orthos is perfectly fine as heavy melee and is much more user and material-friendly than Galatine.

This is true. I actually started this game about 2 weeks ago so I still remember my progression. I was looking around for weapon progression tips as well. Didn't bother with the Cronus because I read that it was barely better than the Skana anyway. Went straight for an Orthos after the Skana.

Here's my problem with the Orthos though. By the time you can create an Orthos, you will have barely any resources (credits mostly) to mod it to any degree. At least that's what happened to me. At the time, I was still trying to upgrade my rifle and pistol mods. An unmodded weapon is of almost no use. I do remember not having many Gallium though, but I had enough by the time I got to somewhere in rank 3.

What I'm getting at is that unless you got a bunch of credits (probably only possible at this point from doing a whole lot of infestation missions), you probably can't afford to do anything with your melee anyway when you're still low rank. So you might as well wait for the Galatine in rank 3.

Just note that Orthos can be considered only a little bit worse than the Galatine. Orthos has faster charge speed (.7 sec versus 1.2), but worse damage and crit chance (200% and 5% versus 400% and 25%). So it's better against weaker enemies when you don't need the 400% charge damage to kill them. If you are not going to put a potato on any of them, there's probably little difference.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Appolodorus on Mercury is great for Ferrite, 1000~ for five minutes. You get some polymer bundles too.

Now I just need way more Orokin Cells and Neural Sensors. Obviously ODA for the first but those don't grow on trees.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

This is true. I actually started this game about 2 weeks ago so I still remember my progression. I was looking around for weapon progression tips as well. Didn't bother with the Cronus because I read that it was barely better than the Skana anyway. Went straight for an Orthos after the Skana.

Here's my problem with the Orthos though. By the time you can create an Orthos, you will have barely any resources (credits mostly) to mod it to any degree. At least that's what happened to me. At the time, I was still trying to upgrade my rifle and pistol mods. An unmodded weapon is of almost no use. I do remember not having many Gallium though, but I had enough by the time I got to somewhere in rank 3.

What I'm getting at is that unless you got a bunch of credits (probably only possible at this point from doing a whole lot of infestation missions), you probably can't afford to do anything with your melee anyway when you're still low rank. So you might as well wait for the Galatine in rank 3.

Just note that Orthos can be considered only a little bit worse than the Galatine. Orthos has faster charge speed (.7 sec versus 1.2), but worse damage and crit chance (200% and 5% versus 400% and 25%). So it's better against weaker enemies when you don't need the 400% charge damage to kill them. If you are not going to put a potato on any of them, there's probably little difference.

400% charge is the reason that Galatine is basically the only viable late-game melee weapon. It's actually a huge difference (obviously) when you are talking about higher level enemies. Basically you can one-shot guys with twice as much HP with the Galatine as you can with the Orthos. Also, it's a fuckin blast.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Carecat posted:

Now I just need way more Orokin Cells and Neural Sensors. Obviously ODA for the first but those don't grow on trees.

Y'know, I keep seeing goons say this, but every time I log in I see an invasion mission somewhere for 3 Orokin Cells. I've never had to run an ODA and I'm currently sitting on 7-8 cells. Are you guys just churning out Prime weapons or something?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

zgrowler2 posted:

Y'know, I keep seeing goons say this, but every time I log in I see an invasion mission somewhere for 3 Orokin Cells. I've never had to run an ODA and I'm currently sitting on 7-8 cells. Are you guys just churning out Prime weapons or something?
I'm churning out prime weapons. I have the mats for a Bronco and a Boar, and I'm one part away for the Orthos and Dakra. That's 45 cells right there.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Elysiume posted:

I'm churning out prime weapons. I have the mats for a Bronco and a Boar, and I'm one part away for the Orthos and Dakra. That's 45 cells right there.

Goonspeed. I stopped trying for Prime weapons after burning out on the poo poo drop tables. Took my Mag Prime and went home.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Washin Tong posted:

How are the Dual Heat Swords/Ether in Damage 2.0? I used to have D. Ethers before the optional reset circa update 7-ish and they were awesome for carving up light infested with the old 3x multiplier. I'm sure they won't beat my current Zoren/Fang but sometimes a man wants to cut poo poo without looking like a seizurecopter.

Pretty sure they removed all those special modifiers in exchange for the status effect system. It says in the wiki that Dual Ethers (and Kunai and Hikou) are supposed to stagger enemies but they sure as hell don't anymore! The swords have a 10% status effect chance though, so whoopie I guess?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

zgrowler2 posted:

Every time? I don't think any have been up since the 9 available on the weekend. I could use 34 at the moment.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Derelict Defenses and Survivals are usually good for one or two, but take longer than just rolling up on Sargas Ruk and ventilating him a few times.

There were a ton of Orokin Cell invasions (not infestations) late last week, though. Least it seemed like it.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 21, 2014

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Would love an invite to the PS4 clan - PSN is causticbeet

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Ajax posted:

Then wait til you get Ember and find out she is an abysmal frame.

Is this a thing. Is she no longer a sun goddess?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

Is this a thing. Is she no longer a sun goddess?

They made her armor spell into an AE stagger with a small fire damage trigger (Accelerant) and removed the damage reduction portion of it, not only that, but they changed the animation of WoF, now random jets of fire come up from the ground, but that has nothing to do with any damage you're doing to anyone. She's still passable, but she is not as she once was, sadly.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
PSA - If anyone is looking at the Ether Reaper and thinking "gee, that looks fun" then YES, YOU ARE CORRECT, IT'S BUTTLOADS OF FUN.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
There are plenty of Melee weapons that are fun to use, even if they aren't all that strong.

Except for Daggers and the majority of Longswords. Those are never fun.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

SilentW posted:

PSA - If anyone is looking at the Ether Reaper and thinking "gee, that looks fun" then YES, YOU ARE CORRECT, IT'S BUTTLOADS OF FUN.

You are drat right. Mine just got side-graded to a Reaper Prime, but all the scythes are stat-identical for some reason. Also, they're way better if you put the Spearmint Scythe skin on them.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013
Hate actually has 200% charge damage rather than 160%. Also 1.0 attack speed rather than 1.2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Are the Akimbo versions of weapons generally worth upgrading to? Also, how do I get that drat serration mod. I have all the other flat +% damage mods, but that one won't drop.