Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Snowdens Secret posted:

I own one of these and it's still the coolest helmet pattern I've seen on an Arai, or pretty much anything

Also funny to wear around my more uber-macho buddies because flowers and poo poo on it makes it 'a girl helmet'

That is GORGEOUS. Didn't know Arai went in for fancy (non-tribal) decals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqsW37DY1M

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Snowdens Secret posted:

I own one of these and it's still the coolest helmet pattern I've seen on an Arai, or pretty much anything

Also funny to wear around my more uber-macho buddies because flowers and poo poo on it makes it 'a girl helmet'

Wantttt. Is that the matte version?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Snowdens Secret posted:

That's not a real full face. It's a half-helmet (and not a really nice one) with a chinbar. I tried one on at IMS and it is chintzy as hell; it is fashion gear, not safety. Like, it doesn't have anywhere near the kind of padding and crash protection even around the top of the skull that you'd expect (i.e. it's the same as those crap decorative half-helmets.)
Pisses me off that Bell makes poo poo like that. I want to like Bell as a helmet brand.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I have an RS1 flash helmet. They're not very good helmets imho.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Suomy used to do these

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

BlackMK4 posted:

Wantttt. Is that the matte version?

There's like a black and a blue and you can tell the difference by the vent color. Mine is a black one, that pic is actually of the blue, which looks cooler but wasn't out when I got mine. I think by 'matte' you mean the blue one, the black is glossier.

About half of Bell's helmets are viable road helmets, and half of them are skid lid stupidity. Sure I'd love for them not to sell the dumb stuff, but it's probably been their bread and butter through long years when their full-faces were pretty much poo poo. The Bullitt's the only one where it's not obvious at a glance whether it's a real helmet or not, at least.

I too miss the old Suomy patterns. I've never found a brick and mortar that stocked Suomy and my usual online haunts don't carry them.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

The Bison hasn't been posted recently enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygyk_eCMGzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuZDA6Gca7I
Coolest old dudes ever.

Diametunim
Oct 26, 2010
Sumoy has easily some of the best helmet liveries.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Riding that up and down there was probably a blast

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

HNasty posted:

I don't know what the gently caress to make of this https://vimeo.com/84403257

As a Brit, that voice over is almost Dick Van Dyke offensive.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo, Harley is actually advertising something in a way that interests me.

http://xgames.espn.go.com/video/10333350/harley-davidson-ice-racing-team

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That's a new level of making a lot of effort to not give a gently caress.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Deeters posted:

Holy poo poo, Harley is actually advertising something in a way that interests me.

By whiting out any view of the actual bike? :v:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogsQ66YukrA

Holy poo poo yes. I've heard of Stoffi before but always in German and always involving crazy-tuned scooters. Check out those rippin' power wheelies on a bike that started out no bigger than 125cc (it's a Vespa smallframe).

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

By whiting out any view of the actual bike? :v:

Where else could they go after going from all chrome to all black?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deeters posted:

http://xgames.espn.go.com/video/10333350/harley-davidson-ice-racing-team

This is really cool, I have to give them credit for doing something genuinely interesting and fun.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Interesting speedo positioning on a bike in the lot at work:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I've seen tachometers there on bikes where revs don't matter. That's probably "I want a clean handlebar but the law requires a speedometer somewhere."

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

clutchpuck posted:

"I want a clean handlebar but the law requires a speedometer somewhere."

Thats what these are for.
http://motogadget.com/en/digital-instruments/digital-speedo-mini/brackets/h-d-custom.html

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Slavvy posted:

I normally choose helmets based on function/cost/ergos. This is the first helmet that has ever ignited a desperate want in my heart.

Icon in general have some fantastic helmet art. I want more helmets that are painted up like 90's flash tattoos and gaudy dragsters and poo poo. gently caress that I'm-a-cool-dude stealth/carbon/cyber/abstract/rossi46 bullshit. Man up and get something outrageous, something that looks like a t-shirt from the 80's.

That's awesome and I agree entirely. I think for this year I'm picking up this basstard helmet because it's just loving out there and different art wise. Not surprisingly, also by Icon.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My choices for next helmet have narrowed to either of the two posted, or the blue/orange kraken one.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I'm quite partial to this one.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Where did you get a picture of me going around the block?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Icon helmet quality really ain't that great, which cuts some of the lust. They're pretty common in brick & mortars so check one out before you buy.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Okay, where the gently caress can I get that cookie monster suit?

Also, I set up the gopro facing out from my exhaust to catch the blue flames it shoots. Too bad I hosed up the positioning so all you see are blue flames and not them coming out of the exhaust.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

Icon helmet quality really ain't that great, which cuts some of the lust. They're pretty common in brick & mortars so check one out before you buy.

They aren't sold in stores here which really fucks me on that front. On the other hand, buying them online is about $150 cheaper than retail online in NZ.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Snowdens Secret posted:

They've gotten better. I think my Airmada is on par with the EXO700 it replaced. I'm also so happy it fits my narrow head, the only helmet besides the $550 Arai Signet-Q that does so.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Slavvy posted:

They aren't sold in stores here which really fucks me on that front. On the other hand, buying them online is about $150 cheaper than retail online in NZ.

I wish that 400NZD GST threshold was removed completely. It's just bullshit.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Slavvy posted:

Where did you get a picture of me going around the block?

I call BS, there's no footbridge in sight.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

BlackMK4 posted:

Okay, where the gently caress can I get that cookie monster suit?

Also, I set up the gopro facing out from my exhaust to catch the blue flames it shoots. Too bad I hosed up the positioning so all you see are blue flames and not them coming out of the exhaust.

It's actually pretty easy to find them online but you have to pay a bit. There's cheaper ones that are just fleece and really, on a bike they're fine. For a bit more you can get the 'monster fur'. For the helmet I hit up a fabric shop to get the blue fur and some real strong double stick adhesive strips. I went to a craft shop for a couple styrofoam balls and drew pupils on them then attached them to the fabric on top. Used an old shoei and it worked out alright.

I never posted pics cause it wasn't real original but if it's too hard to picture i can take some snaps? Fun to do on halloween. I had an old cow costume I rode around in too one year.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Ola posted:

Ordered the 3x3.

edit: gently caress, that's too small isn't?

Got it today. Yeah, way too small. $10 lesson learned.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Subtle. :golfclap:

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Orginal for those wondering what the difference is. The Shelvocke one is pretty funny.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I've seen this video before and didn't look at this gif closely enough, that's hilarious.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Also -

Would probably be a lot funnier reversed.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

hahaha, this is incredible.

Hoping my bumper stickers come in today :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ola posted:

Got it today. Yeah, way too small. $10 lesson learned.
I bought a 10 pack of the regular ones. PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.