Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Awesome job! Question for you though, did you put up Windwall? That should have protected you from the cannon to the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I love the way Nihilators look. Only thing in Skorne I don't like the look of are their gun-wielding dudes whose name I am completely blanking on right now because they look like they're holding ice cream cones, and I wish the Swordsmen would get updated sculpts.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I was at the same tournament as Enjoi (we also played a prep game a couple of nights before) so I'll do a report too!

List 1:
eKrueger with Wilder, Stalker, Ghetorix, Gorax, Bloodtrackers with Nuala, Stones with UA.
This has been my go-to 35-point list and completely unchanged for over a year. I've talked about it before in this thread so I won't do it again now. I usually drop it versus Cygnar, Cryx, Protectorate, Circle, most Legion lists, and CoC if I ever see CoC.
List 2:
eMorvahna with Stalker, Gorax, max Ravagers with Chieftain, max Skinwalkers with Alpha, White Mane, Gallows Grove.
I take this because I love heavy infantry, although the bookkeeping makes it exhausting to play, and because it solves my Khador and pThagrosh matchups. I also drop it against Trolls, Skorne, Minions, and Mercs.

Round One:
Got paired up against another Circle player, who had Kromac and pKrueger. His Kromac list was all beasts and his pKrueger list had a bunch of sprays in it. I figured the latter would torch eKrueger's Bloodtrackers, so I dropped eMorvahna to be on the safe side. He dropped Kromac. I had a nice big forest to run my AD Ravagers behind, and the rest of my army scooted up after them to threaten the zone. He forgot that forests block Warpwolf LOS for charge purposes, got rattled and forgot to put Lightning Strike on, and left his Stalker upfield after killing like two Ravagers. He then panicked and jammed his entire battlegroup into the zone. I took his Feral and Stalker for essentially nothing and spent the next couple turns cleaning up and scoring control points while camping 6. eMorvahna was using Scales way too much so his last-ditch assassination run actually had like a 30% success chance (I got greedy and wanted all five CPs even though I could've easily assassinated) but he flubbed so I won. And had max CPs, which will matter later.

Round Two:
Got paired against the Damiano guy from Enjoi's final round. We play a lot and he'd tweaked his list to be relatively difficult for eKrueger, who he's struggled against, so I dropped eMorvahna. He killed my entire army so I feated it back and jammed like hell. Then he killed it again and screened his caster with Sure Footed eAlexia and Guard Dog Rocinante. I tried to get a Sunder Spirit on him but I forgot Alexia could cancel it, which he did. Morvahna charged and killed Alexia and wiped out the infantry helping screen Damiano, then I charged him with my Primalled Stalker (I said "entire army," but my battlegroup was unblemished) and killed him with the first attack.

Round Three:
Top table! Playing versus eGaspy and one of the best local players. Dropped eKrueger for a lot of reasons. Table had zero terrain on it except hills (no forests, no walls), which massively favored Cryx, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Anyway, I feated top of two and between that turn and the next I traded two Bloodtrackers for eight Bane Thralls, Cankerworm, Gorman, and all ten Bane Knights. Bottom of three, I had virtually all of my army against four Banes, some Biles, a Pistol Wraith, and the feat, but nothing to hide behind and only two Fury on eKrueger. I don't think four more Fury would have saved me but you never know. Also I missed a pretty high-odds assassination chance with Ghetorix, which happens. Anyway Pistol Wraith splashed some damage on eKrueger and then I got feated on, so I lost the final round.

Took second place thanks to my control points. With strength of schedule I think I'd have gotten second anyway, but I'm glad I didn't take chances. Got a new Wold Guardian and painted most of him yesterday. Ryan, the player who beat me to win the tournament, ordered some Cephalyx, so now I get to learn how to play against eDenny's new theme force.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Fyrbrand posted:

Here's a sample list I'd run at 35:

System: Hordes
Faction: Trollblood
Casters: 1/1
Chief Madrak Ironhide (*6pts)
* Pyre Troll (5pts)
* Storm Troll (5pts)
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Trollkin Warders (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Trollkin Warders (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)

This looks like it'd be a blast to run. I ran a pretty similar list recently but with Axer/Mauler instead of the three lights, and wasn't really happy with how the battlegroup performed. Two full units of Warders is just ridiculous as a board presence, and sticks around for so long because of how resilient they are. I painted up a Pyre Troll recently but haven't actually had a chance to play a game with the model. Having three ranged beasts that are going to be boosting a lot of rolls isn't too much Fury generation for Madrak to handle? That Fury 5 stat just makes it hard for me to intelligently manage beasts, because I'm still garbage at this game. I've also been trying to find a reason to buy a Storm Troll, so I'll grab one now to try this out.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
So I've been in love with Harkevich since he came out, and he keeps tempting me with his multi-jack list. Anyone have any experience running his tier list? Sucks to lose the Koldun Lord, and the 'jack discount just translates into free field guns. The +1 starting roll, pre-loaded upkeeps, and free wreck markers are sweet though. Since the slam/trample ruling I've been thinking about trying a couple Demolishers with him. The list ends up pillow-fisted as all hell, but should pack pretty great objective control.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Awesome job! Question for you though, did you put up Windwall? That should have protected you from the cannon to the face.

I think this is directed at me, so I shall reply!

..I did not! I put Iron Flesh on my MAX Unit of Champs and then gave the remaining 5 to the Krielstone so they could put up a decent-sized aura. Had I thought about the range on the Defender cannon I would have definitely made a smaller aura and put up Wind Wall. But now I know!

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

S.J. posted:

I love the way Nihilators look. Only thing in Skorne I don't like the look of are their gun-wielding dudes whose name I am completely blanking on right now because they look like they're holding ice cream cones, and I wish the Swordsmen would get updated sculpts.

I too love the way Nihilators look. I also love the way Cetrati look, and of course the Titans are the reason I wanted to get in to Skorne.

The Swordsmen and Venator Reivers could absolutely use new sculpts, and they could use new factory paintjobs. I think at some point they switched factory artists and Skorne went from a pinkish hue to the current one which is way more tan and looks much better.

But all of the barbs and bruised flesh make for fun painting details, and I'll paint that all day over gold. So much drat gold. Jesus.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

EAThief posted:

I kind of wish there was a way to poll all of the Skorne players in existence to see how many of them started out liking the way Skorne infantry looks. It seems like every one saw the beasts and said "Sweet, bad rear end giant elephants!" and no one thought "Awesome! Weird...not-elves!"

Yeah I've been looking for a good series of replacement heads for my Praetorians and other Skorne infantry for forever. Thought I might have hit the jackpot with the new GW Dark Elf Sisters of Slaughter, but the heads are just a tiny bit too small. The DE Executioners are a little bit more campy-looking, but I'm trying to find a cheap set and give those a whirl.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

EnjoiThePureTrip posted:

I think this is directed at me, so I shall reply!

..I did not! I put Iron Flesh on my MAX Unit of Champs and then gave the remaining 5 to the Krielstone so they could put up a decent-sized aura. Had I thought about the range on the Defender cannon I would have definitely made a smaller aura and put up Wind Wall. But now I know!

Good on you. Really the only advice I would give is to put up Windwall if you don't see Ariyanna and Holt on the other side of the table. With being a medium base and wanting to bash skulls in, Borka is an easy target for a Siege feat assassination. Good on you for recognizing it though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

EAThief posted:

I kind of wish there was a way to poll all of the Skorne players in existence to see how many of them started out liking the way Skorne infantry looks. It seems like every one saw the beasts and said "Sweet, bad rear end giant elephants!" and no one thought "Awesome! Weird...not-elves!"

I'm running into that now, I love beast variety but Skorne are the second worst offender of the World of Warcraft armor aesthetic that turns me off most of Warmahordes. At this point I'm holding out for more info on the faction that was teased a few months ago and hoping giant gently caress off spiders is their thing.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jcam posted:

This looks like it'd be a blast to run. I ran a pretty similar list recently but with Axer/Mauler instead of the three lights, and wasn't really happy with how the battlegroup performed. Two full units of Warders is just ridiculous as a board presence, and sticks around for so long because of how resilient they are. I painted up a Pyre Troll recently but haven't actually had a chance to play a game with the model. Having three ranged beasts that are going to be boosting a lot of rolls isn't too much Fury generation for Madrak to handle? That Fury 5 stat just makes it hard for me to intelligently manage beasts, because I'm still garbage at this game. I've also been trying to find a reason to buy a Storm Troll, so I'll grab one now to try this out.

I see the beasts more as fury batteries and animus bots more than doing a ton of work and generating lots of fury, at least early game. But yeah for sure fury management is always a problem for both Madraks. I'd say the most disposable model in that 35pt list is probably the storm troll, so if you wanted you could drop him in favor of a couple solos or something. The second fell caller wouldn't be bad. Maybe him and a fennblade kithkar just for the sweet super solo that will do some work on the feat turn. Probably worth trying out some variations on the battlegroup for sure.

Edit actually as I think about it, the storm troll animus could be a bit skornegy on the feat turn- leaping and killing the models you'd want to overtake to. So yeah I would definitely want to try him out to see how he does.

alchahest
Dec 28, 2004
Universal Solvent
The real answer to not liking skorne infantry aesthetics is playing a Zaal Tier list with all of the immortals, AGs, Hakaar the Booty Wrecker and some extollers. sprinkle in a cyclope or two or something.

If you don't think immortals look super cool there may be bigger, more serious problems with you that go beyond opinions.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

alchahest posted:

The real answer to not liking skorne infantry aesthetics is playing a Zaal Tier list with all of the immortals, AGs, Hakaar the Booty Wrecker and some extollers. sprinkle in a cyclope or two or something.

If you don't think immortals look super cool there may be bigger, more serious problems with you that go beyond opinions.

It's like you've read my diary. Only thing I'd add is running one of each Cyclops at 50pts, with maybe a second Savage.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The best feeling with zaal us someone failing an assassination run so you put last stand on zaal and beat them to death.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Hey Skorne kids, make my wife a 35-pt eHexeris list that uses a Gatorman Posse and, if possible, a Cyclops Brute and a Gladiator.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Sulecrist posted:

Hey Skorne kids, make my wife a 35-pt eHexeris list that uses a Gatorman Posse and, if possible, a Cyclops Brute and a Gladiator.

Lord Arbiter Hexeris
**Basilisk Krea
**Cyclops Brute
**Bronzeback Titan
**Titan Gladiator
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 5 Grunts)
Paingiver Task Master

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I might do something like this:

Faction: Skorne
Lord Arbiter Hexeris (*6pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Archidon (7pts)
* Titan Gladiator (8pts)
Gatormen Posse (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
Nihilators (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Paingiver Beast Handlers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Paingiver Task Master (2pts)

I'd also consider dropping the brute for a drake or a raider though.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

EAThief posted:

I pretty much love everything about Skorne, beasts and infantry alike. The Willbreaker looks a little weird to me. Like, the whole army has this Persian Samurai feel to it, and then out of nowhere there's a motherfuckin' Mayan hanging out with them.

KuangMkV
Jan 25, 2003

Gay Polymers posted:

I pretty much love everything about Skorne, beasts and infantry alike. The Willbreaker looks a little weird to me. Like, the whole army has this Persian Samurai feel to it, and then out of nowhere there's a motherfuckin' Mayan hanging out with them.

His concept and design, similar to Naaresh and a number of other Skorne aesthetic elements, were inspired by Indian sub-continent art and armor. :)

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Skorne does have some pretty neat aesthetics, and it's the next faction I want to explore. I went ahead and snagged the PP Christmas deal and I want to muck around with Zaal and Immortals because they look really rad. Going to wait until next year though, hoping Immortal boxes go on sale for Black Friday.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

gannyGrabber posted:

Has anyone done an effort post on Skorne yet? What can y'all tell me about Skorne? I really like how their warbeasts look but the regular dudes don't really appeal to me.

I made two big effort-posts a few months back, they're in the OP! READ THE OP GRABBER! First post. Second post.

Addendum to those posts is that ALL the new Skorne stuff is quite good. Incindiarii are very good, Mammoth is very good, Willbreaker is very good, Makeda3 is very good, Despoiler is very good.

EAThief posted:

I started with Skorne because of Immortals. Actually the Forces of Skorne book with Immortals on the front is what got me interested in WM/H in the first place. That being said I love almost all the Skorne models. The only one that pushes it too far for me is the Agonizer. Nooooo baby elephant nooooooooo!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So if I do a two handed throw with a smaller based model (say a Griffin) towards a bigger base model (say a Hydra), besides the additional damage dice for the Griffin's damage roll, does the Hydra get knocked down?

The rulebook says equal or smaller bases get KD and suffer collateral damage. But it says bigger bases don't suffer colateral damage; it never says they DON'T get knocked down.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

AttackBacon posted:

Nooooo baby elephant nooooooooo!

This is normally what my opponent is screaming right before I activate the little guy and turn on Spiritual affliction :evil:

I could not agree more with bacon, all of Skornes new stuff is great, really the hardest thing about collecting them as a faction is picking what I want to run in my army, stupid choices!

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 22, 2014

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Say I wanted to run this list, how terrible and/or bad would it be?

Faction: Skorne
Makeda and the Exalted Court (*2pts)
* Cyclops Brute (5pts)
* Cyclops Savage (5pts)
* Cyclops Savage (5pts)
* Molik Karn (11pts)
Feralgeist (1pts)

I really like cyclops.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

Azran posted:

So if I do a two handed throw with a smaller based model (say a Griffin) towards a bigger base model (say a Hydra), besides the additional damage dice for the Griffin's damage roll, does the Hydra get knocked down?

The rulebook says equal or smaller bases get KD and suffer collateral damage. But it says bigger bases don't suffer colateral damage; it never says they DON'T get knocked down.

I know for slams if you hit a Larger based model it does not suffer collateral damage or knockdown I am fairly certain it works for throws as well, you may need to check the mk2 primal errata or the rules forum to be sure but I am fairly certain the rules are the same

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Going to be bringing this to our Journeyman (62 registered players!) tomorrow night:

Faction: Legion of Everblight
Lylyth, Herald of Everblight (*6pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
Blackfrost Shard (5pts)
Beast Mistress (3pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)

-5 armor and six Shredders. :getin:

Evilmonstar
Nov 18, 2012

So, I've decided I really hate eDenny's stupid head. This bride of Frankenstein poo poo is for the birds. Anyone have any super cool suggestions for a female model who's head I can use for a conversion? I'd prefer long hair, but meh, whatever's clever.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Scenario: Process of Elimination

My army:

Axis, Inverter, Cypher, Diffuser, Eliminators, Perforators, Reciprocators with UA, Attunement servitors, and Angels, Opitfex Directive

His Army:

pSorcha, Behemoth, Kodiak, Spriggan, Winterguard+UA, Kovnik Joe, Widow Makers, Sylis Wishnailer, and Man-o War Demolition Core.

We deploy pretty evenly. I go first and stick Axis on the centre left close to a wall. My jacks go in front and my Reciprocators in front on the left. Eliminators and Perforators form the centre right. Servitors are peppered through out. Angels go on the far left.

My opponent puts his caster centre right, Behemoth takes centre and Kodiak goes to my right. Spriggan takes left field. Winterguard and co form a second line behind the jacks. Man-o war take centre.

Round 1: I run the angels in the forest towards the Widow makers. The Reciprocators run up in to the left zone, Cypher goes to the centre with a run, Eliminators run towards the centre with one getting a foot in the zone, and my Perforators run through a forest on the right. Diffusor gets tangled up in the medium bases. Optifex get up with the jacks. Axis throws up Onslaught and puts Iron aggression on the Inverter and walks behind a wall.

Opponent puts Iron Flesh on Winterguard and runs his Kodiak in the zone, Widow makers miss the Angels, Spriggan walks and misses on both gernades against the Angels and finally Behemoth takes centre and misses his shots on the Angels. Man-O War run towards centre right.

Round 2: I aim and shoot with my Angels, killing 2 Widow makers (which then fail command). Cypher drops rough terrain templates in front of Man-o war and Inverter/Diffusor waddle over to the right zone. Perforators and Eliminators advance. Axis scratches his butt.

Round 2: He manages to kill the objective, and clear out my two models in the zone, allowing him to score 2 points. Sorcha still stays where she is.

Round 3: I feat, getting all of my models except Angels and none of his. I realize if I wait any longer he will feat first and do way more damage to me so I need to wither him down. Perforators take out 2 MoW and Inverts kills the Kodiak. Cypher shot twice and killed some Winterguard and wounded Jo. Reciprocators took out the objective, while Eliminators hand to run to the back of the right zone since they were out of range to charge anything useful. Axis sits were he was. I score 2 points.

Round 3: He finally moves his caster and feats. He takes out my Cypher, Diffusor, most of my Perforators, three Reciprocators and all my servitors. Widowmakers recover. I am able to catch him in a counter charge and kill a Man-o War. Now I'm sweating.

Round 4: I throw two Eliminators at Behemoth to keep the jack from charging Axis. The Reciprocators tie up and wound the Spriggan. I kill the remaining Man-o Wars, and my Angels charge the remaining Widow makers and Joe. I killed Joe but the Widow makers live. Axis runs over to the other side of the table so that the Inverter is in my control area for next round.

Round 4: His Behemoth tied up he kills the Eliminators but is unable to move. His Spriggan clears the left zone by killing the Reciprocators. Then he moves his remaining Winterguard, one of which I am able to Counter charge towards with my Inverter. The Inverter lands within what I think of is in reach of Sorcha. Measuring reveals she is out by a millimetre(I still say she was bumped). Seeing the angry jack, Sorcha runs and dominates. He scores 2.

Round 5: All or nothing turn. I give Inverter full focus and trample over to Sorcha. This time she is in reach. I hit, do 12 and then wiff on the second attack. Finally roll I JUST equal her defence and get the Hail Mary assassination.

A fantastic game and I will be playing this list a lot. Counter charge is such a good ability and Axis is a great control caster.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I have a snow day today and about 20 models to prime. My priming station is in my cold rear end garage and I don't think i have anywhere inside to work on it. Any tips other than "don't"?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

omnibobb posted:

I have a snow day today and about 20 models to prime. My priming station is in my cold rear end garage and I don't think i have anywhere inside to work on it. Any tips other than "don't"?
Airbrush. Or give the can a hot water bath beforehand, it might help and not even explode*.

*results not guaranteed, use at own risk

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

omnibobb posted:

Do it in the shower. Tape trash bags everywhere first and make sure they overlap like scales. Have sponges and remover ready to go.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
It sounds like you're giving him directions on how to get rid of a body.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
That one elimination servitor is gonna have a crazy gun.

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 22, 2014

Syphilis Fish
Apr 27, 2006
I started skorne in MK1 because their infantry looked so rad.. I hated the elephants and loved the cyclopses. I'm not a fan of the studio red/black paint scheme though. And then they all got lost :( :(

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Exinos posted:

A body will be getting removed if a significant other ends up finding a freshly primed bathroom.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

ijyt posted:

A body will be getting removed if a significant other ends up finding a freshly primed bathroom.

She is tdy to texas for a month and a half. Plenty of time to destroy the evidence.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Started Round 4 of our groups journeyman league last night. Took on a another new player and his Menoth force with my 35pt Kaelyssa list:

Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper - WJ: +7
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker
- Manticore - PC: 8
- Phoenix - PC: 10

Mage Hunter Assassin - PC: 2
Mage Hunter Assassin - PC: 2
Narn, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 3
Ghost Sniper - PC: 2
Ghost Sniper - PC: 2
Arcanist - PC: 1

Mage Hunter Strike Force - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
- Strike Force Commander - Commander 2

He had pKreoss 2 heavy jacks and a light, book, choir, Exemplar Errants, Zealots and Visigoth Rhoven and Guard. He possibly had some other bits but Im hosed if I can remember. We were playing Close Quarters SR2013. He hosed up right fromt he off, and came at my MHSF with his Zealots and Exemplars. For soem reason he misjduged my threat range and didnt use the Zealots mini feat and yeah, well, they were all dead on my 1st turn. Same pretty much with his Exemplars and Rhoven over the next couple of turns. His whole flank had collapsed as I had pretty much wiped out eveyrthing there with my MHSF and MHA's+ Narn. He camped down on his flag and staretd point scoring, while my 2 snipers sat in a wood plinking away at Kreoss on the flag for 3-6 pts a turn. Game ended with me killing Kreoss bottom of turn 6 with him on 4 points. Good match for me, and his gently caress up with his Zealots pretty much cost him the game. I was pleased with my play with the MHSF.

Then I played our Gorten player who until this point was unbeaten in the league. To be fair hes not a noob at Warmachine but is newish to Mk2, having played loads of Mk1. We were playing Supply and Demand.
His list was:
Gorten Grundback (*7pts)
* Grundback Gunner (3pts)
* Grundback Gunner (3pts)
* Ghordson Driller (6pts)
Brun Cragback & Lug (9pts)
Lord Rockbottom (2pts)
Herne & Jonne (3pts)
Thor Steinhammer (2pts)
* Grundback Blaster (3pts)
* Ghordson Basher (7pts)
Tactical arcanist corp (4) contingent

I had to play it cautious with my MHSF being mindful of the threat range of a Pronto driven Blaster with that nasty spray, so hung the MHSF back. There was a nice patch of woods 12 inches opposite his objective and I stuck my snipers and Kae in there, hoping to get some pot shots on anyone who tried to control the objective. Most of the action happened on the opposite flank to my MHSF, and saw me running my 2 MHA and Narn wide down the right flank to lurk and threaten, while then trying to swing my MHSF into the centre after they successfully pinged off the Blaster. Both my Jacks went down to the Driller and Lug, and at this point worried by the threat of my Snipers who had plinked 6 off Gorten, he moved Gorten centre board and feated. 8 of my MHSF were dragged into the middle of the board as were both my snipers and a MHA. They were all wiped out by everything my opponent could chuck at them, leaving me on my turn 4 (I think) with a MHA, Kae, Sylys, Narn. Gorten was pretty exposed though so I gambled on a caster kill by bringing Kaelyssa out. Not the greatest odds but I was left with little choice seeing how little I had left and he had lost hardly a thing (2 light jacks, 2 arcanist corp, and a lot of damage to the driller). Typically my dice sucked big time and Kae with 7 focus managed 1 damage on Gorten. It was all down to my last MHA who I was sure was just in range of Gorten- and yep, exactly 13 1/2 inches away. Needed a 6 to hit, rolled a 7, but of course with a P&S 9, I was on dice -10. A desperate gamble, but I rolled 7 damage, which with decapitation was enough to assassinate Gorten. Much rejoicing!
I felt a bit bad, because he had done really well to that point and I was totally up against it, but then again in Rd 3 I had 2 good chances to asassinate Gorten, both ruined by laughably bad dice, so I guess things even out in the end.

I realised last night that I havent played another wargame other than Warmachine since September. This is totally unheard of for me, who usually has at least 4 or 5 different (usually historical) rules on the go at once. I think Ive become a bit obsessed.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Exinos posted:

Uh he really should not use a porcelain bathtub for that

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

omnibobb posted:

That one elimination servitor is gonna have a crazy gun.

Just build it as is. Robot floating around with a trollkin head. Maybe he's a dead fell caller. Maybe the CoC figured out how to electrically stimulate the nerves to cause fell calls that do exactly 1 point of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Just so everyone knows, I primed like normal. The only thing I did different was I took pauses in the middle of priming. Normally, I spray the front, the back, and then from the bottom. I just came in for about 10 minutes in between to let the can warm back up.

We were in single Fahrenheit digits most of the day.

• Locked thread