Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Xik posted:

That's really not the sort of mod you "accidentally" install as a prerequisite or one you simply forget about.

Can't a man just play the game drunk and forget that he converted it into a butt-rape simulator while doing so? GOSH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Xik posted:

That's really not the sort of mod you "accidentally" install as a prerequisite or one you simply forget about.

I don't know, guy. Computer sex is pretty awesome so I guess that's just your opinion okay. :colbert:

I just installed Hunterborn and Immersive Armors 7 and now I'm crashing right after the Bethesda logo. Uninstalled IA7, reinstalled 6 and now it's running fine. What would be a common cause of this?

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010

kedo posted:

I just installed Hunterborn and Immersive Armors 7 and now I'm crashing right after the Bethesda logo. Uninstalled IA7, reinstalled 6 and now it's running fine. What would be a common cause of this?

Sounds like a missing-master crash- you get the Bethesda logo, a couple drumbeats, then crash to desktop, right?

Assuming you're using MO, check your right pane for unchecked .esms.
If that doesn't work, try running Tesvedit as an executable via MO- the initial check of your load order it does also turns up missing master files.

Mage Ham fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 21, 2014

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
Recently, I re-installed skyrim and modded with the "first time playing" mods. The game crashes when I get to the first village quest marker after escaping the opening scene.

I figured out the problem was that I installed it into the old folder that I had previously installed skyrim. It contained old mods from 2012 that were creating all sorts of problems and were undetectable by any of the newer programs.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
So, is there any reliable way of killing a looping sound effect from a long-gone spell? A quick google only suggests that I load a previous save, which would be before a pain of a boss fight :(

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Rather Dashing posted:

So, is there any reliable way of killing a looping sound effect from a long-gone spell? A quick google only suggests that I load a previous save, which would be before a pain of a boss fight :(

Did you try quicksaving and reloading? This often fixes that issue for me.

Mage Ham posted:

Sounds like a missing-master crash- you get the Bethesda logo, a couple drumbeats, then crash to desktop, right?

Assuming you're using MO, check your right pane for unchecked .esms.
If that doesn't work, try running Tesvedit as an executable via MO- the initial check of your load order it does also turns up missing master files.

Hrrrmmm, yeah that's what I was seeing. I'll have to check that tonight.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

kedo posted:

Hrrrmmm, yeah that's what I was seeing. I'll have to check that tonight.

If you used TESVEdit to clean IAR v6, then you may still have the older version in your overwrite folder. This is an issue, as the older version still requires SPIKE.esm, which v7 does not (and accordingly removes).

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

I feel the need to go on a crime spree. What's the best crime mod? I'm looking at Realistic Crime Radius and Reneers Crime Overhaul right now.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

kedo posted:

Nope. I was screwed. Nothing would get rid of the sound and my one save before the issue was corrupted: maybe those two are related. Took the opportunity to try another start point from Live Another Life. Speaking of which, has anyone found that LAL breaks the Imperial (and maybe the Stormcloak) questline? For one reason or another the Imperial recruiter and Ulfric are placed in that bedroom you start off in from the map. You can teleport to them to see them endlessly fighting, but clearly you can't be recruited while this is happening.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

When I run up to Hoth I'm only getting one dialogue option, the goodbye option. Is there something I have to do before he becomes available? Or is there some mod conflict or the like? I've dismissed all followers so that shouldn't be an issue. I have XFL installed, and have interacted with him with his .esp loaded before and after the XFL .esps (though the .esm always comes first, obviously, so it may not matter). Any ideas? I'm not sure how to export my load order through MO.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Is Complete Crafting Overhaul compatible with SPERG? I think it changes smithing perks, right?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dr Snofeld posted:

Is Complete Crafting Overhaul compatible with SPERG? I think it changes smithing perks, right?

No that would be Smithing Perks Overhaul. CCO just improves the current crafting system.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hey, I hate to add another computer question to this thread, but my buddy encountered a straight bizarre thing with his Skyrim. He's not running that many mods, just skyUI, IA7, Frostfall, RDN and SPERG. But last night when we were both playing his game crashed when he was trying to pickpocket Enthir, and now his SKSE loader won't work, saying it's version 0.0. He re-installed it, forced skyrim to update, and re-installed the uncapper and it's still causing the same problem. I have no idea how this could've happened or what even is happening. Anyone know?

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Ughhhh Nexus is down again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dongicus posted:

Gettin real tired of your poo poo, Nexus.

Its like Chic-fil-a, they're only open when I'm not in the mood.

You know what I'd like to do today? Lets check out some new mods--nope.

Can we move all the mods somewhere else? :(

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rather Dashing posted:

Nope. I was screwed. Nothing would get rid of the sound and my one save before the issue was corrupted: maybe those two are related. Took the opportunity to try another start point from Live Another Life. Speaking of which, has anyone found that LAL breaks the Imperial (and maybe the Stormcloak) questline? For one reason or another the Imperial recruiter and Ulfric are placed in that bedroom you start off in from the map. You can teleport to them to see them endlessly fighting, but clearly you can't be recruited while this is happening.

Don't give up! I once got a weird glowing eye effect stuck to one of my characters; normally this would be cool but it was the Draugr glow so it looked dumb (Draugr sockets are sunken in), and it persisted through reloading, but one of the suggestions was to quicksave and then use the kill command on yourself in the console. When it reloads the effect should be cleared.

If not, you could also try sleuthing which spell it is that gave you the noise loop. If you can find its ID you should also be able to remove it via console commands.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 22, 2014

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Dr Snofeld posted:

The biggest "conflict" I've seen with them is that both add in the ability to smelt down equipment and vendor trash for ingots. They still work fine together, but the smelter will have two nearly identical recipes for everything if you don't turn that feature off in one or the other mod. CCO seems to give a bit more back for melting down armor and weapons, while SPERG uses less lockpicks or arrows per ingot for it's recipes.

CCO also allows you cut out most of the grind of smithing by letting you smelt 600 septims into a gold ingot. One gold ingot creates 10 rings or 5 necklaces with CCO, and then each of those can be socketed with gems you pick up while dungeon diving. It's essentially a never ending cycle of leveling smithing and making back far more than the cost of the original ingot, limited only by the number of gems you have on hand. Even without the gems, gold rings and necklaces will sell for enough to nearly make up the cost of the gold ingot.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dongicus posted:

Next you'll be telling us that water is wet.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
I tried turning back UAC and running Mod Organizer. It kept asking me for permission to do stuff and eventually closed. Now when I try to run it it tells me it can't find modlist.txt and closes. How do I fix this?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Smoking_Dragon posted:

I tried turning back UAC and running Mod Organizer. It kept asking me for permission to do stuff and eventually closed. Now when I try to run it it tells me it can't find modlist.txt and closes. How do I fix this?

Find Mod Organizer, right click it and go to preferences. Then go to compatibility, and tick on Run this program as administrator. I almost gave up on MO when I forgot to do this and lost my modlist, and I thought I had to re-install everything.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Live Another Life gave me so much grief I dropped it entirely in favor of Random Alternate Start
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25404/

Which let's you pick a class, and throws you into the world. The main quest isn't started until you get near Helgen.

Also nice because you can say "gently caress Arthmoor" and use as few of his mods as possible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What exactly gave you trouble about LAL?

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Grondoth posted:

Find Mod Organizer, right click it and go to preferences. Then go to compatibility, and tick on Run this program as administrator. I almost gave up on MO when I forgot to do this and lost my modlist, and I thought I had to re-install everything.

Modlist.txt doesn't seem to be showing up anywhere, is there a way to fix this without reinstalling everything?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rather Dashing posted:

Did you try starting the main quest by going to Helgen first?

Also, try typing StopCombat in the console.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Scyantific posted:

What exactly gave you trouble about LAL?

Activating the main quest wouldn't work for me most of the time, coupled with the dumb way of activating the main quest (Shady Sam?), plus it's arthmoor.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So I've been playing with followers finally (Interesting NPCs has awesome followers, for the record, and is the main reason to use it), and am finding myself irritated with the clumsiness of vanilla.

I don't want one of the mega mods though either, they have a ton of features I either don't care about or explicitly don't want.

Is anyone aware of a mod that adds hotkeys for common follower actions (inventory, wait/follow, and command mode)? That's really all I want.

this was a promising option till it required ScriptDragon. Quickly glancing through the papyrus reference it seems relatively easy to do if there isn't one.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Activating the main quest wouldn't work for me most of the time, coupled with the dumb way of activating the main quest (Shady Sam?), plus it's arthmoor.

Just for the record, you can ignore the Shady Sam garbage and simply head to Helgen to activate the main quest on its own. Also if you're having trouble, try reading the FAQ. Do you think you might have a mod that interferes with MQ101?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
God drat, Requiem is so badly designed. If you're going to delevel everything, then all the enemies in a given place at least should have a fairly consistent level. Not have one level 25 bandit with 300 health and fatigue mixed in with the other 1-5s. Bleh.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Just for the record, you can ignore the Shady Sam garbage and simply head to Helgen to activate the main quest on its own. Also if you're having trouble, try reading the FAQ. Do you think you might have a mod that interferes with MQ101?

I ain't no scrub, I've been modding bethesda games for almost a decade. I've read the FAQ (which also doesn't mention anything about the added NPC's). You don't happen to be arthmoor are you? You seem pretty invested in me liking LAL.

^^If requiem hasn't changed anything in a few months then yeah, it's that way. The author has a weird definition of balance. Also they're all probably archers that one-shot you.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mortimer posted:

What? All I did was go to Helgen.

I agree that Arthmoor is a grade-A douchebag, but his mods are generally good, which is probably the only reason people put up with him.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Mortimer posted:

^^If requiem hasn't changed anything in a few months then yeah, it's that way. The author has a weird definition of balance. Also they're all probably archers that one-shot you.
The archery thing didn't bug me quite as much as I expected. But the contrast between heavy- and light-armored enemies was ridiculous.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mortimer posted:

I ain't no scrub, I've been modding bethesda games for almost a decade. I've read the FAQ (which also doesn't mention anything about the added NPC's). You don't happen to be arthmoor are you? You seem pretty invested in me liking LAL.

Arthmoor would be the last person to be on these forums after Gategate.

Also what Agents said. He may be a gigantic douchebag, but his mods are generally high-quality, which is the main reason I use them.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Yeah, Live Another Life is fantastic. Particularly with the way the normal start appears to bug out on me after I've installed too many mods.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I love the dark re-interpretation that LAL lends itself to. I mean, you did fall asleep on a crappy bed.

Also I didn't even realize Shady Sam was for that mod. I just went to Helgen and picked up from there.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Are there any lighting mods that make outdoors at night reduce in colour as well as darken a touch, rather than just make it black aside from the completely bright colours next to you (what i'm getting on Cot with ENB) or pitch black (like i had when i tried realistic lighting overhaul)? Surely there'd be the moon and some stars and things to give a teeny bit of light?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Hamshot posted:

Are there any lighting mods that make outdoors at night reduce in colour as well as darken a touch, rather than just make it black aside from the completely bright colours next to you (what i'm getting on Cot with ENB) or pitch black (like i had when i tried realistic lighting overhaul)? Surely there'd be the moon and some stars and things to give a teeny bit of light?

You'd particularly think that nights would be way less likely to be pitch black if you've got multiple moons (one that's friggin' hug) with fairly high albedo in your sky. But hey, ~realism~.

futile
May 18, 2009

Mr. Crow posted:

Is anyone aware of a mod that adds hotkeys for common follower actions (inventory, wait/follow, and command mode)? That's really all I want.

this was a promising option till it required ScriptDragon. Quickly glancing through the papyrus reference it seems relatively easy to do if there isn't one.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47832/

It only supports vanilla and UFO though.

The problem with follower hotkeys is that interacting with the followers is different depending on which follower mod someone has, so the development of it isn't actually that simple except for pure vanilla. In your case the Interesting NPCs followers don't use the vanilla follower system so there's a good chance it won't work.

With that said, a good hotkey mod is definitely lacking in Skyrim. Pausing to enter menus constantly is the worst part of combat/general gameplay/follower control/etc. Which is why I've been working on one.

Also I couldn't agree more about how good the Interesting NPCs followers are.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Are there any good mods that just turn existing NPCs into followers? Like just give them a follower flag type of thing?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

futile posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47832/

It only supports vanilla and UFO though.

The problem with follower hotkeys is that interacting with the followers is different depending on which follower mod someone has, so the development of it isn't actually that simple except for pure vanilla. In your case the Interesting NPCs followers don't use the vanilla follower system so there's a good chance it won't work.

With that said, a good hotkey mod is definitely lacking in Skyrim. Pausing to enter menus constantly is the worst part of combat/general gameplay/follower control/etc. Which is why I've been working on one.

Also I couldn't agree more about how good the Interesting NPCs followers are.

Yea, the new follower, Rumille or whatever is super cool. Apart from having very cool and unique weaponry/background, he has an insane amount of context sensitive dialogue (from vanilla to inter-mod situations and areas), it's excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Gotta sing praises for the CTD fix posted earlier in this thread. (http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1vjcuw/ctdfreeze_memory_fixes_this_guy_pretty_much/) I started getting crashes when traveling fast, such as werewolf sprint, but after putting in that fix it just never happens anymore. Most hilarious thing is that i can see that the game stutters a bit and so desperately WANTS to crash, but then the game just continues and goes "Oh, we're gonna keep playing? I remember when i was in charge :("

And a mod question:

Is there a mod that gives you skillups also when in werewolf form? I remember back like a year ago there was one that gave you one-handed skillups from using your claws atleast, maybe more, but i can't find it anymore.

• Locked thread