Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Actually it said it got bounced back, Dark_Tzitzimine, from a gmail account?

Pic unrelated but is cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mister Roboto posted:

Actually it said it got bounced back, Dark_Tzitzimine, from a gmail account?

Weird, my gmail is darktzitzimine@gmail.com

Edit: Look at that, I did get your message. Is marked as spam for some reason :v:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

TwoPair posted:

They'd probably react in a much bigger way, because even though Joker suffers the same sort of issues Bullseye and many other supervillains do, (i.e. insane body count, should be dead, inexplicably aren't due to hero's no-kill code and apparent total lack of death penalty in Big Two universes), Joker has one big thing working in his favor: murder's not his only thing. I know it's like the only thing he does nowadays, but that's just due to poor writers who can't figure out how to write a good story where Batman chortles at the Joker's boner crimes without a triple-digit body count. Bullseye, by comparison, is just a murderer. He works as an assassin, whether for Kingpin or Norman Osborn or for his own shits and giggles, and he murders people by the dozen with a poo poo-eating grin on his face. And he's not even crazy, either.

Wait how the hell is Bullseye not crazy? Also it's not really fair to say that Joker is all boner crimes since he's existed from the Golden Age when every bad guy did stuff like that.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Has anyone used Delicious Library to organize their comics? They were talking about it on the giant bomb podcast to catalog their video game collections.

It looks like something I can finally used to get all my poo poo in order but seems to be OSX only? I just want something I use my phone to scan barcodes and cross reference it with amazon and save it in a database that I can organize and back up to the cloud so I can put all this poo poo I don't read in a box.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I think "boner crimes" is a positive. All the lovely Batman villains are just serial killers with a gimmick. On the other hand, crooks with a gimmick are actually fun. It wouldn't be amusing to see Catman escape from Batman in his jumping Catmobile after he killed a dozen children and surgically altered the corpses to look like catpeople.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Has anyone used Delicious Library to organize their comics? They were talking about it on the giant bomb podcast to catalog their video game collections.

It looks like something I can finally used to get all my poo poo in order but seems to be OSX only? I just want something I use my phone to scan barcodes and cross reference it with amazon and save it in a database that I can organize and back up to the cloud so I can put all this poo poo I don't read in a box.
DL is mac only, yes.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

redbackground posted:

DL is mac only, yes.
Bah. The search continues then.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Timeless Appeal posted:

I've never really understood the tone of Invincible.

Rather relatedly:

It's nineties Image. It hides it very well with its clean art style, but Invincible feels massively influenced by Savage Dragon to me and other Image comics of the time. The character exposition Kirkman does all the time sounds just like Larsen to me, and Dragon became a comic with goofy villains like Powerhouse but also with scenes where Officer Dragon accidentally punches off people's heads because whups he thought they were superhuman oopsie.

I'm kind of surprised the similarities in style don't get brought up more often, and I guess that probably has something to do with the amount of people who read Savage Dragon.

Parkreiner
Oct 29, 2011
Didn't Kirkman get his start writing Savage Dragon spinoffs, too? It was pretty close to Battle Pope either way.

Kirkman is just a child of the '90s in general-- it was very telling that one of the first things he did when he got his hands on Ultimate X-Men was introduce Ultimate Cable and Ultimate Mister Sinister.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Parkreiner posted:

Didn't Kirkman get his start writing Savage Dragon spinoffs, too? It was pretty close to Battle Pope either way.

Kirkman is just a child of the '90s in general-- it was very telling that one of the first things he did when he got his hands on Ultimate X-Men was introduce Ultimate Cable and Ultimate Mister Sinister.

Vaughn actually introduced Ultimate Mister Sinister. Kirkman did introduce loving Ultimate Stryfe and loving Ultimate Onslaught though. Because people were clearly clamoring for that poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Parkreiner posted:

They already introduced Ultimate Mister Sinister, but that version was just a crazy serial killer.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Parkreiner posted:

He did a Superpatriot mini after Battle Pope.

For those not hep, Superpatriot was a Captain America analogue who gets all of his limbs bit off by a shark villain in the first Savage Dragon series, and has them replaced with cyber-limbs that turn into guns.

The nineties, yes.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

A goddamn murderers row of coolest dudes in business. Although this is a lineup I would've expected on a book about hip-hop culture or something in that vein, not a Jack Kirby tribute. And seeing that every one of them prefers to color himself, Dynamite won't gently caress this up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are you kidding? Dynamite fucks up nearly every licensed property they get their hands on.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

fatherboxx posted:

A goddamn murderers row of coolest dudes in business.

And Joe Casey.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

fatherboxx posted:

I've heard of two of them! :v:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

redbackground posted:

One of them better be at least Farel Dalrymple!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

One of them better be at least Farel Dalrymple!
That's not even a real name.

No, Casey and Mahfood.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 22, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Man, where has Mahfood been? We've needed him for so long. :(

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

redbackground posted:

No, Casey and Mahfood.

You need to get some Dalrymple in your life, or at least his issues of Prophet.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Waterhaul posted:

You need to get some Dalrymple in your life, or at least his issues of Prophet.

And the Omega The Unknown reboot.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I Before E posted:

And the Omega The Unknown reboot.

Yeah this is where I first noticed him, the art on that mini was just dynamite.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

redbackground posted:

If Michael Fiffe is not one of them, you need to start reading COPRA.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

redbackground posted:

No, Casey and Mahfood.

Jesus gently caress, you've never heard of Jack Kirby?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

BESIDES HIM GEEZ

VVVV
I think he founded Image or something?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 23, 2014

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I Before E posted:

Who is this hack?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Madkal posted:

Who is this hack?

He created classic Marvel characters like Deadpool and Venom but never really got the credit he deserved.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Oh, yeah, Jack Kirby is the guy who drew that Avengers #4 cover where Cap looks like a bucktoothed monkey? Pfft, gently caress that guy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Look at this lovely art he did. Can not even keep the backgrounds the same

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

Look at this lovely art he did. Can not even keep the backgrounds the same

My God. Looks like he went to the Liefeld school of Art. So 90's.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Wait how the hell is Bullseye not crazy? Also it's not really fair to say that Joker is all boner crimes since he's existed from the Golden Age when every bad guy did stuff like that.

Oh I totally think Bullseye is nuts, but he always just seems to go back to the Raft or whatever regular prison Marvel has. Actually, side question, does Marvel really have a crazy-people prison separate from the general wants-to-rob-banks prison? I'm just thinking of how, in Gotham City, insane criminals always go to Arkham Asylum and sane ones go to Blackgate Prison, but I never really see that distinction in Marvel NYC. Everybody just gets shipped off to the same place, regardless of how loony they are.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Marvel has Ravenloft, and unlike Arkham, you have to be REALLY nuts or otherwise not in control of yourself to be sent there. More Carnage, Vermin and all than, like, Riddler. It's not seen too often, and Slott went and killed off Dr. Kafka, the lady who runs the place.

Bullseye is very sadistic and definitely sociopathic but I don't think he hears voices, is delusional, suffered horrible trauma or is unable to understand the consequences of his actions.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 23, 2014

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Action Tortoise posted:

He created classic Marvel characters like Deadpool and Venom but never really got the credit he deserved.

I created DC versus Mortal Kombat in grade 3 and I never got the credit I deserved.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Lurdiak posted:

Marvel has Ravenloft, and unlike Arkham, you have to be REALLY nuts or otherwise not in control of yourself to be sent there. More Carnage, Vermin and all than, like, Riddler. It's not seen too often, and Slott went and killed off Dr. Kafka, the lady who runs the place.

Bullseye is very sadistic and definitely sociopathic but I don't think he hears voices, is delusional, suffered horrible trauma or is unable to understand the consequences of his actions.

Didn't Deadpool get sent to some asylum in England?

You know that's a slow sign of Deadpool starting to be accepted as a hero, or at least well meaning nutbag. Almost no one tries to arrest or commit him anymore, Punisher even stopped trying to kill him on sight sometime before the new Thunderbolts. Admittedly, that last one might be out of sheer frustration.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Although he has gone through delusional phases, like the time he thought everyone was Daredevil. Although they chalked that one up to a brain tumor rather than insanity.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
At his worst, Bullseye is Marvel's equivalent of Major Force. His motivation is that he likes killing people, and when the authors want to hold up a sign informing you that the current status quo is run by bad guys, they use Bullseye as an agent.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fatherboxx posted:

But it's got Joe Casey on it, and every Joe Casey book reeks of "hey man isn't this poo poo deep" and wasted potential.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

But it's got Joe Casey on it, and every Joe Casey book reeks of "hey man isn't this poo poo deep" and wasted potential.

Casey's Wildcats run was one of my all-time favorite runs on any comic.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's incredibly telling that one of the first things you see in The Bounce is a dude smoking weed, because that's the only way you could think that poo poo was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Casey's Wildcats run was one of my all-time favorite runs on any comic.

I'm still bummed that he didn't get to do the final year of 3.0.

• Locked thread