Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah I've just been skipping the parts where they talk to that guy. I was surprised they had him back on the last episode. Wasn't expecting him to be a recurring guest now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe he's hoping doing some videos with the trumpet guy will get some publicity for I4H.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I'm gonna do it.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Best part of the trumpet guy is the guests laughing at him when he's rambling.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

the trumpet guy is no demoniusx thats for sure.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

erezaka posted:

the trumpet guy is no demoniusx thats for sure.

Demoniusx improv scene with Schwartz and Lapkus was G.O.A.T.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Was that the same episode as the vegan guy? What a nausea-inducing episode.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Eric the Unpaid Intern is a podcasting treasure.

"My stomach cells are replacing the cells in my throat."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It looks like Affirmation Nation is coming back

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Seth also mentioned Affirmation Nation was coming back at the end of the new Improv 4 Humans. Between that, Never Not Funny going free, and Andy Daly's upcoming podcast, Earwolf's really killing the start of 2014, it's loving awesome.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Is Affirmation Nation worth listening to for someone who enjoyed Bob Ducca on Cbb a moderate amount, but didn't think he was fantastically amazing.?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

erezaka posted:

Is Affirmation Nation worth listening to for someone who enjoyed Bob Ducca on Cbb a moderate amount, but didn't think he was fantastically amazing.?

I love Bob Ducca but hatred affirmation nation. I'm psyched to hear a revamp of it. The end of the month can't come fast enough.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
You guys should give the Affirmation Nation episode with Mantzoukas a shot, it's insane. Episode #130.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

urk the quack posted:

You guys should give the Affirmation Nation episode with Mantzoukas a shot, it's insane. Episode #130.

I was coming in to say this. I've made a
LOT of people listen to this and it gets funnier EVERY TIME.

I hear marimba!

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Eric the Unpaid Intern is a podcasting treasure.

"My stomach cells are replacing the cells in my throat."

He is pretty magical. He's practically a CBB character.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Every time he comes on I keep thinking he can't top himself and he's eventually just going to be a normal dude with a normal story of "nothing really happened to me that time" but then he tops it again with stuff like vomiting at Dr Dres party and his first french kiss story.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 17, 2014

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Improv4Humans is one of the few shows that's actually funnier in the live format. Amazing episode.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agreed that it's even better live, you can tell how much they're feeding off the audience. I always find it hilarious how when Lauren Lapkus is in character/mid-improv she will happily and regularly just go to absolutely filthy places with it but when she's just herself she gets disgusted by relatively minor things. Eric is an incredible human being.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lauren Lapkus cracks me the gently caress up. Big Sack for a Big Mac. Chug It for a McNugget.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

This guy on Professor Blastoff today is pretentious as hell and I wish him nothing but failure

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

This guy on Professor Blastoff today is pretentious as hell and I wish him nothing but failure

You mean David Huntsberger?

:downsrim:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That three picture deal Hayes was talking about? Those weren't just pictures, those were movies.

I love Hollywood Handbook

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

That three picture deal Hayes was talking about? Those weren't just pictures, those were movies.

I love Hollywood Handbook
It's called a lifeboat, not a chickboat.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Grace Helbig is getting very close to being on CBB and I'm so excited.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Dark Weasel posted:

Really? I think it's super cool when people talk about their IQ and memorize poems to sound cultured at parties.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Hollis Brown posted:

Really? I think it's super cool when people talk about their IQ and memorize poems to sound cultured at parties.

Just to be clear, is memorizing poems okay if you're doing it just because you like them? I do occasionally like reading TS Eliot to friends because I'm a loving weirdo, but I would never recite them at a party. That's just strange.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Zsinjeh posted:

It's called a lifeboat, not a chickboat.

Speak on that.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I recite passages from my favorite manga all the time and none of my friends at our Civil War reenactments ever complain.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Who listens to podcasts on their iPhones? When I look at the episode description for any podcast from Earwolf, it always cuts off a paragraph in. But I get the full thing for any other podcast.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I get the same thing on my iPhone and iPod Nano.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I use itunes subscription to listen to podcasts and I get the same thing

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Apologies if this isn't the right thread, by have you guys seen Inside the Master Class?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GVe391EFxA

It's a self-parody of a "high-level" UCB class, featuring Matt Besser, Neil Campbell, Paul Rust and others. It's really hilarious, wish there were more videos.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jan 22, 2014

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

davidHalestorm posted:

Apologies if this isn't the right thread, by have you guys seen Inside the Master Class?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GVe391EFxA

It's a self-parody of a "high-level" UCB class, featuring Matt Besser, Neil Campbell, Paul Rust and others. It's really hilarious, wish there were more videos.

It's really good, did they improvise the dialogue?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The credits on the youtube page showed a script supervisor (Tim Neenan) so it might be scripted.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently Michael Ian Black/Michael Showalter's Topics podcast is on Earwolf now

I've never listened though so I dunno if it's any good or not.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
two people capable of making a great podcast with the worst track record of following through on podcasts.

I hope they stick with it, but I'm skeptical. Probably wind up similar to Norm's show.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Also I'm guessing this means Showalter's call-in cat podcast that never got off the ground is officially dead?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Also I'm guessing this means Showalter's call-in cat podcast that never got off the ground is officially dead?

I kinda hope so. I really can't imagine it being good at all.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

I heard a few episodes of Topics, and I liked it because it felt like I was in a really ill-informed sociology class at a liberal arts school. I think every episode plays with this idea, so as a series of podcasts it might be one note, but it's worth listening to every now and again.

Also, I have a weird crush on every member from The State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I miss Mike and Tom Eat Snacks.