Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Shai-Hulud posted:

This again.
As a German I can confirm that the only time I saw one of those toilets (and a bidet coincidentally) was at my grandparents house which was built in like the fifties and never got renovated since.
So yeah. We moved past our desire to inspect our poo poo.

And also past starting world wars. Theory confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shai-Hulud posted:

This again.
As a German I can confirm that the only time I saw one of those toilets (and a bidet coincidentally) was at my grandparents house which was built in like the fifties and never got renovated since.

The other stereotype that I believe about Germans is that they always lie!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

zoux posted:

The other stereotype that I believe about Germans is that they always lie!

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I saw those toilets all over Bavaria, the biggest problem is that with the poo poo on the shelf it makes everything reek 10 times worse.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phlegmish posted:

If I remember correctly, my grandparents had a toilet like that when I was young. And yes, a bidet as well.

I don't know why people think it's a contemporary German thing. This is how urban legends get started. Let me try, the traditional American toilet:

:smug:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
You guys were obviously using the toilet wrong.

You know those bars behind the toilet? You hold on to those. You ever notice how a toilet seems to have a built in shelf/table? You're supposed to A.C. Slater that motherfucker. :c00l:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
I just found out recently that there are some places in Europe where you can't flush the toilet paper, so there's a trash can full of lovely paper next to every toilet.

:barf:

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Modern plumbing and sewage is really great.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Trips posted:

I just found out recently that there are some places in Europe where you can't flush the toilet paper, so there's a trash can full of lovely paper next to every toilet.

Greece and a bunch of Latin America as well. It's lovely plumbing that can't handle the TP.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

dialhforhero posted:

You guys were obviously using the toilet wrong.

You know those bars behind the toilet? You hold on to those. You ever notice how a toilet seems to have a built in shelf/table? You're supposed to A.C. Slater that motherfucker. :c00l:

Have fun taking both your pants and underwear off completely in order to do that.

Just flush the toilet as soon as you actually start pooping. No need for toilet paper dropped in beforehand, helps avoid clogs from particularly dense droppings, and gets that poo poo outta there immediately.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

zoux posted:

Greece and a bunch of Latin America as well. It's lovely plumbing that can't handle the TP.

I stayed at a resort for two weeks in Greece in the summer. They said we shouldn't flush the paper.

I flushed it anyway, because there's no loving way you can drink that much booze and save your TP in a tiny little basket in your hotel room when it's 85 American degrees outside. :clint:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Captain Trips posted:

Please tell me where so I can avoid those countries. I found the UK plumbing to be weak in some places and that it would need several flushes, but that's just anecdotal. On a different note, there are flushable TP rolls! Just toss that poo poo in (no pun intended) and it dissolves. Magic of modern technology.
OK it's not a picture, but here's a demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FukrDx7JfBw
Around here (DK) only one brand uses them, but if they're on sale you better believe I'm buying those.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Captain Trips posted:

Mexico too. Visiting my parents is fun.

nickhimself posted:

Have fun taking both your pants and underwear off completely in order to do that.

Best time to do this is while wearing just a bathrobe or something similar. It's the best.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

nickhimself posted:

Feels good man.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Drone posted:

While we're on the subject of dumb toilets, I present to you: the traditional German toilet.

The drain part? That's on the front. The part where you poo poo? It's a flat shelf.

This seems like a really bad idea if you ever have explosive shits after a night of drinking.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Less poop talk, more funny pinnipeds.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Captain Trips posted:

Mexico is the same. Theres a lot of of Mexican and Mennonite immigrants where I live so the trash cans at retail places are always full of poo paper. Its also the same if you have a septic tank, toilet paper takes up a lot of room, so people with septic tanks will throw it away to avoid having their tank pumped more often.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

veedubfreak posted:

This seems like a really bad idea if you ever have explosive shits after a night of drinking.

I'm a sausage sharter, twisted cabbage sharter.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Darth Freddy posted:

Mexico is the same. Theres a lot of of Mexican and Mennonite immigrants where I live so the trash cans at retail places are always full of poo paper. Its also the same if you have a septic tank, toilet paper takes up a lot of room, so people with septic tanks will throw it away to avoid having their tank pumped more often.

Living in a house with a septic tank, I think having to have the tank pumped once in 12 years is an acceptable trade for the luxury of flushing my tp.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Why is that one seal wearing a hat and jacket? :confused:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

mng posted:

Please tell me where so I can avoid those countries. I found the UK plumbing to be weak in some places and that it would need several flushes, but that's just anecdotal. On a different note, there are flushable TP rolls! Just toss that poo poo in (no pun intended) and it dissolves. Magic of modern technology.
OK it's not a picture, but here's a demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FukrDx7JfBw
Around here (DK) only one brand uses them, but if they're on sale you better believe I'm buying those.

Whoa. Grim Fandango music outta loving nowhere.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why is that one seal wearing a hat and jacket? :confused:

I don't know, but his friend seems pretty amazed by it.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Stoatbringer posted:

I knew a crackpot guy who seriously thought that these toilets, and the obsession with poo, were the main reason why the Germans started two world wars. Somehow.

Well Hitler did have a notorious and glorious scat obsession, so I'm sure somebody could make some kind of connection between his loves for poop and world conquest.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Well Hitler did have a notorious and glorious scat obsession, so I'm sure somebody could make some kind of connection between his loves for poop and world conquest.

Gives a whole new meaning to Blood and Soil.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Philip J Fry posted:

Whoa. Grim Fandango music outta loving nowhere.
Is that what it is? I thought it was either that or Inti Illimani, and I couldn't find it on a cursory youtubing of the soundtrack.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Yep, I think it's from the festival in year one.

Code messes up the timestamp...starts in about 15 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-K8R1hDG9E&t=37s

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

SLOSifl posted:

When I was a kid, one of my friends had a bidet that shot water directly upward. That one made sense, it basically blasted your rear end with water. That loving thing could hit the ceiling too.

I've seen those as well, I just can't figure out why you would want to squirt cold water up you butt.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I heard that this is how Americans wipe:

Confirm/deny?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Shai-Hulud posted:

This again.

I love that you said 'this again'. I just picture a Bavarian guy reading the post, sighing, and then getting the government approved reply notebook out of the drawer and flipping through for an appropriate response. Is it really all that common a thing people bring up?

And baskets full of paper in Greece and Mexico don't even compare to toilets I've seen in Africa and the Middle East. Man I've seen six foot long troughs with a single drainage hole, always make sure you're on the end because other people's bloody feces crawling past your feet is terrifying.

Such sights.... Such horror.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

German poo-shelves come up literally every time there's a toilet derail on SA. Just one of those things.

Once in Italy I wiped my rear end with the dust jacket from the book I was reading cause I ran out of toilet paper. It was The Pelican Brief.

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jan 23, 2014

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Captain Trips posted:

I really don't understand why you'd need a bidet if you're the kind of human being who knows how to wipe his rear end properly.

If you got poo poo on any other part of your body, you wouldn't just wipe it off with some paper, you'd wash it. :colbert:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Carthag posted:

Once in Italy I wiped my rear end with the dust jacket from the book I was reading cause I ran out of toilet paper. It was The Pelican Brief.

Last time I ran out of toilet paper, I just jumped in the shower instead of smearing poo poo all over what happened to be handy. :shrug:

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

13Pandora13 posted:

If you got poo poo on any other part of your body, you wouldn't just wipe it off with some paper, you'd wash it. :colbert:

Also, what if you have a hairy butthole?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Gerty posted:

This is why I prefer to only poo poo right before I'm about to take a shower.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah but if you had a poop shelf and you did a poop in an interesting shape and you wanted to keep it for your collection you could grab it without getting your hand wet. Toilet water is gross.

It might be a valuable collectable poo!

I have that sign in the shop I work, we sell products made from the undigested cellulose fibre left over in elephant dung. It's a top seller.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Peas and Rice posted:

I stayed at a resort for two weeks in Greece in the summer. They said we shouldn't flush the paper.

I flushed it anyway, because there's no loving way you can drink that much booze and save your TP in a tiny little basket in your hotel room when it's 85 American degrees outside. :clint:

How about a casa in a small village in Mexico with 9 guys staying in it and drinking heavily for a week? It was loving disgusting.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

syscall girl posted:

I'm a sausage sharter, twisted cabbage sharter.

Great, now I've got it stuck in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Gerty posted:

Admiral Bosch posted:

This is why I prefer to only poo poo right before I'm about to take a shower.

Ok, you asked for it. Dredged up from the depths of YOSPOS, here's this glowing review of Nair. Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and :nws: this. I still laughed like a maniac when I read the "review":

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/4KgM1NM.jpg :nws:

The cat on the windowsill in the background just nailed it for me. :v:

• Locked thread