Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

code:
	                Team Needs (In Order)
 Oakland Raiders	Everything except P and FB
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

@JeneBramel 2m

Dee Ford put an exclamation point on practice today by screaming "Wheeeeeeee" as he blew past a line man on the last snap of the session.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Has Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) proven his credibility in past years? I'm not familiar with him, but:

quote:

@nfldraftscout

Liked [Former Nebraska CB] Stanley Jean-Baptiste's film quite a bit. Issue was how athletic/fluid he was. This week he's shown well. Rd 1 pick wouldn't surprise

:stare: Had you told me he would've been projected to go before the fifth round I would've questioned it, much less the first.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Teams really want a corner with size and ball skills. He's not the top corner, though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Borland sounds like he's continuing to impress

quote:

Falcons coach Mike Smith says Wisc LB Chris Borland reminds him of former Dolphins star LB Zach Thomas. #SeniorBowl

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Toymachine posted:

Dude has the sidearmiest sidearm in the world. Every pass looks like Jake Plummer passing with his left hand.

That being said he did put up some incredible stats.

Well, when you're tossing bombs to Sammy Watkins and Nuk Hopkins, yeah.

Tajh Boyd makes the dumbest decisions in the world under pressure so I don't really see him being successful in the NFL.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

Well, when you're tossing bombs to Sammy Watkins and Nuk Hopkins, yeah.

Tajh Boyd makes the dumbest decisions in the world under pressure so I don't really see him being successful in the NFL.

So does RG3 but he's still gainfully employed.

Is Tajh going to be ready to start his rookie season? Probably not. But the guy is incredibly athletic and has a lot of talent. Slow-build.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 23, 2014

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Scarf posted:

So does RG3 but he's still gainfully employed.

Is Tajh going to be ready to start his rookie season? Probably not. But the guy is incredibly athletic and has a lot of talent. Slow-build.

He isn't ever going to be ready to start because he's really freaking bad

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Declan MacManus posted:

He definitely does so worst case scenario you have an emergency QB/H-Back

The Niners did this last year with Marquies Gray before he was poached off their practice squad by the Browns. Granted, it was as a UDFA and not a late round pick, but the Niners clearly don't take their QB depth particularly seriously anyway and they have a billion late round picks so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a shot, especially if Kap plays hardball with his contract negotiations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can someone with a PFF sub add the grades for CB/S and other positions in our doc? That would be extremely helpful.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Real Name Grover posted:

Has Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) proven his credibility in past years? I'm not familiar with him, but:

:stare: Had you told me he would've been projected to go before the fifth round I would've questioned it, much less the first.

Matt Miller is known for terrible Bleacher Report mock drafts.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

He also thought Mike Glennon was a first round QB. That alone should tell you enough about Matt Miller.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Apparently Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin tore his ACL in the Senior Bowl practices.

He was apparently doing really well up til now too; possibly top-100.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 23, 2014

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

LiquidFriend posted:

He also thought Mike Glennon was a first round QB. That alone should tell you enough about Matt Miller.

Ah. Thank you.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Niners did this last year with Marquies Gray before he was poached off their practice squad by the Browns. Granted, it was as a UDFA and not a late round pick, but the Niners clearly don't take their QB depth particularly seriously anyway and they have a billion late round picks so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a shot, especially if Kap plays hardball with his contract negotiations.

Are you saying the 9ers aren't taking McLeod Bethel-Thompson seriously as their third string QB, while hogging him to themselves and not letting his majesty spread to other teams?

You bastards.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The perfect OG name: Dakota Dozier, Furman

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=92736&draftyear=2014&genpos=OG

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That is a really great name, and he looked really good last weekend.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

I'd almost give him that one, given that people seemed to expect a much earlier run on QBs, but Glennon? Really?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Sorry, alliterations can only be QBs, DEs, and WRs.

I should really make a comprehensive prospect name guide just so you guys can tell when someone will be good or not. It's a proven system.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Doltos posted:

I should really make a comprehensive prospect name guide just so you guys can tell when someone will be good or not. It's a proven system.

With the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select HaHa Clinton-Dix.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Doltos posted:

Sorry, alliterations can only be QBs, DEs, and WRs.

what's the hierarchy for the following: Alliterative names, Outstanding Nicknames, and Interesting names?

For example, which of these players is most likely to succeed:
- Blake Bortles
- Johnny Football
- Haha Clinton-Dix
- Xavier Su'a-Filo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
- * Manning

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TheChirurgeon posted:

what's the hierarchy for the following: Alliterative names, Outstanding Nicknames, and Interesting names?

For example, which of these players is most likely to succeed:
- Blake Bortles
- Johnny Football
- Haha Clinton-Dix
- Xavier Su'a-Filo

It's more about how well the name fits with the position than ranking one above the other. I outlined some basic rules earlier:

Daltos posted:

Actually Storm is too awesome of a name so he'll probably suck, much like Bacarri Rambo. A good football name is like Matt Slaughter for a linebacker or Frank Kilgore for an OT. A good RB name needs to have two names that make an ok sounding acronym, like SJax, AdP, CJ2000, etc.

Daltos posted:

Most underwhelming QB names:

Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Alex Smith, Russell Wilson, Chad Henne, Geno Smith, Nick Foles, Matt Schaub, EJ Manuel, Brandon Weeden.

Of that list, I'd put Romo and Ryan at the top. Roethlisberger is a supreme last name for a QB.

Edit: A good QB last name needs to have a hard K or C sound, be incredibly long, or have the last name also be a word. Like Warren Moon or Andrew Luck. In addition, a good QB last name should also look like it could be ran through a golf club's vetting process without gaining red flags.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Half of the QBs on your poor name list are pretty good so that doesn't make any sense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Goetta posted:

Half of the QBs on your poor name list are pretty good so that doesn't make any sense.

Drafting isn't a science~~~

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

LiquidFriend posted:

I'll give you 5 attempts to guess which Rookie QB had the highest DVOA, QBR, and DYAR last year.

Not that he was drafted in the first or anything, but, you know

Benne posted:

Can someone with a PFF sub add the grades for CB/S and other positions in our doc? That would be extremely helpful.

yeah, this would be awesome. It looks like someone did half of the positions at random and just got bored and never finished, haha

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

Why are people so hard on Glennon? He may have not debuted as well as Luck, RGIII, or Wilson, but I thought he played really good for a rookie QB in a dumpster fire of a coaching staff.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Because he's goofy looking and he was a Schiano man.

Beyond that, he's decent and may make a good QB in the future.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Doltos posted:

It's more about how well the name fits with the position than ranking one above the other. I outlined some basic rules earlier:

Such a cop-out. Just answer the question!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TheChirurgeon posted:

Such a cop-out. Just answer the question!

You're not gonna like the answer but it's Blake Bortles. Fantastic first name combined with an alliteration and a last name that's able to be turned into a verb.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Manziel has to win. Johnny is a great QB first name, his last name has "Man" in it, and he has an iconic nickname

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Doltos posted:

You're not gonna like the answer but it's Blake Bortles. Fantastic first name combined with an alliteration and a last name that's able to be turned into a verb.

Blake is such a bad name to pair with Bortles though. Rick Bortles, though? That's a winner.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I just now remembered when I was watching that first Florida game and thought his name was Manzier. "The Bro" seems like it might be a more perfect nickname than Johnny Football.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

Manziel has to win. Johnny is a great QB first name, his last name has "Man" in it, and he has an iconic nickname

His nickname is better than his actual name. Players with a Z in their last name need it to be the first letter or else what's the point? Zabransky won the orange bowl based on his name alone.

Johnny Football is a fantastic name and will carry him a long way, and if the Jets take him, he'll become Johnny Broadway, which is even better.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

bhsman posted:

Blake is such a bad name to pair with Bortles though. Rick Bortles, though? That's a winner.

Bo Bortles would win like 8 championships

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yet you'd still have to call him Bortles because Bo would always mean someone else

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

Yet you'd still have to call him Bortles because Bo would always mean someone else

Yeah.

I'm trying to think of a good alliteration that would take the place of Blake, which you're all insane for thinking isn't a great name to pair with Bortles, and I can't think of one. Bertrand Bortles would be an absolutely terrible halfback that gets taken in the third round. Barry Bortles would be a relief pitcher for the Royals back in 1986. Benny Bortles would of course be a heroin addicted saxophonist.

I'm at a loss here.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
I didn't see this posted anywhere in the thread:

Omar Kelly posted:

My homie @DOrlandoLED said the Browns are asking Senior Bowl prospects: "if you had a brick what would you do with it?" BLANK STARE

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/426094431133908992

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shrimpy posted:

I didn't see this posted anywhere in the thread:

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/426094431133908992

Sounds like the Browns are resorting to high school guidance counselor tactics. If you had all the money in the world, what would you do? The answer is what your job should be.

I think the brick answer they're looking for is build a house or something stupid like that when the actual answer is place the brick back down on the ground because who the gently caress uses bricks besides construction workers and rioters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sell it

-Sam Hurd

• Locked thread