Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

jivjov posted:

Jake being Gokai Green kinda fits...he's always moving and goofing around. Don's antics aren't too far off from that. Noah as Blue is alright too, since even though Noah isn't SUPER SERIOUS SWORDSMAN, he's quiet and seems very economical in his fighting. Emma isn't girly enough to be Princess Ahim though...

Mostly seconded! I think Jake got noticeably goofier as the series went on to ease him into becoming Gokai Green. It's definitely going to be more of a stretch to sell nerdy Noah as a sudden master swordsman, but if they actually develop his character somewhat to make it fit (a man can dream, right?) that would be pretty neat. Especially if they try and make any sort of adaptation of Cid. As for Ahim, I think Emma's flower girl personality will translate well enough into Ahim's in-suit mannerisms. Gia, of course, will be perfect.

Troy's the only real wildcard. And by wildcard I mean he is terrible and I hate that he is in Marvelous' suit. :colbert:

I wonder what they're going to do with Roboknight, personally. Outside of the unused Seiger footage, all that's left for him is the footage from the Seiger VS Kaiger movie... Which is a tad problematic for obvious reasons. I guess he could have died since it sort of hinted that way in the last episode, but nobody dies in the new Saban's Power Rangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Robotknight just goes back to Africa and hangs out with his new friends.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Spoiler (if anyone really cares about the plot of Super Megaforce) Robo Knight becomes Barizorg

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Spoiler (if anyone really cares about the plot of Super Megaforce) Robo Knight becomes Barizorg

Hey, that's actually kind of clever.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Any idea when this is going to hit the uk guys???

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Now that is interesting. I hope they can do it well. S.Mega/Gokaiger Spoilers: Noah had the most interaction with Roboknight, so that's close enough for me. I wonder if he's still going to have to be put down, or if they'll fix him and bring him back for some reason. Besides the obvious no-death-on-TV, but they killed Metal Alice, so who knows anymore.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Might be the only thing in theory that could be better than Gokaiger, because they really didn't do much with Barizorg.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Well, when Barizorg turned out to be Pete Burns circa 1985, at that point there wasn't a whole lot more they could have done with the character.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

So I have never watched Super Sentai before, but I started watching Akibaranger, and I LOVE it, I'm catching myself yelling " MOE MAGNUM" in my underwear and " AKIBA REDO" during the call outs. I have a feeling though that there aren't any shows like this after I finish Akibaranger, and I don't know if I like it because of the sentai or because of the parody elements. What would you guys recommend I try after this, I do love laughing but the fight scenes are kind of cool as well.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

lemonslol posted:

So I have never watched Super Sentai before, but I started watching Akibaranger, and I LOVE it, I'm catching myself yelling " MOE MAGNUM" in my underwear and " AKIBA REDO" during the call outs. I have a feeling though that there aren't any shows like this after I finish Akibaranger, and I don't know if I like it because of the sentai or because of the parody elements. What would you guys recommend I try after this, I do love laughing but the fight scenes are kind of cool as well.
Easy. Akibaranger Season Two. And then pick a Sentai that you like the idea/premise of. You could always check out the Tokusatsu Thread in ADTRW for more suggestions (and not just Sentai ones) when you get to that point too.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

lemonslol posted:

You picked a good time to get interested because the newest sentai, Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger, is starting in a few weeks on February 16.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Funny? Great fights? This year's sentai has been brilliant! Go watch Kyouryuuger. Then never stop watching Kyouryuuger.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kyoryuger and Tokkyuger seem like great starting points. +5 points for Kyoryuger being loving AWESOME.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Funny? Great fights? This year's sentai has been brilliant! Go watch Kyouryuuger. Then never stop watching Kyouryuuger.

God I hope they keep the dancing for the Power Rangers season.

It's dancin' time!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They couldn't even give Gokaiger their due and give them an actual show, don't have high hopes for that adaptation.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tae posted:

They couldn't even give Gokaiger their due and give them an actual show, don't have high hopes for that adaptation.

Power Rangers Super Go Busters.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

:geno: "Cybersquad Rangers, you are all immune to the Xejnirax Virus and can safely battle the evil forces of that extra-dimensional general!"

:v: "Hooray!"

:geno: "However, your anti-virus program... is from Symantec. So good luck with chickens, low blood sugar, and slightly elevated body temperatures."

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I love that red and yellow have these completely debilitating weaknesses, while blue heats up and turns into the Hulk.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Coq au Nandos posted:

I love that red and yellow have these completely debilitating weaknesses, while blue heats up and turns into the Hulk.
Yellow's weakness is that she is the worst ever at coping with diabetes.
Get a loving beeper!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Did that new episode with Tommy in it air yet?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's the finale episode.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Not that I'm going to watch the Go-Busters adaptation anyway, but if they butcher the Buddyroids, I'm going to do the Canadian thing and write a passive-agressive letter of protest to Saban and never mail it :mad:

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Deboss is loving fabulous.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I wish they had the budget/inclination to do a full on adaptation of Gokaiger...I would have loved to see past Rangers show up every episode, tributes to each season, etc. I guess they could still surprise us, but with all the hubbub about barely being able to get anyone back for a Legend War episode, I don't have high hopes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They did the best they could do. I mean imagine the price of plane tickets plus hotels to New Zealand for 10 years worth of Power Rangers characters. I don't know why they couldn't get that many actors already in New Zealand.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
At this point I have no hope for Gokaiger's adaptation, but hopefully they'll do better with Kyoryuger's adaptation(although the only way that can happen is if Saban tells Nickelodeon to screw off and jumps ship to another network)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'll never get my Mystic Force reunion/tribute episode anytime soon :smith:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

drrockso20 posted:

At this point I have no hope for Gokaiger's adaptation, but hopefully they'll do better with Kyoryuger's adaptation(although the only way that can happen is if Saban tells Nickelodeon to screw off and jumps ship to another network)

I believe they already signed a new deal that goes until the end of 2016. Hopefully they changed the deal so they don't keep the "Super" thing every other year and expand the seasons to more than 20 eps.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The thing is Kyoryuger uses guns so will they gently caress up a toy that is unfuckupable?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RBX posted:

The thing is Kyoryuger uses guns so will they gently caress up a toy that is unfuckupable?

The guns themselves aren't the problem, they'll just replace the regular gunshots with super bright laser beams like always.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I meant the actual toy.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

RBX posted:

I meant the actual toy.

Never underestimate Bandai America and their ability to gently caress up that which is unfuckupable.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

It won't play the music. Or have Shigeru Chiba's voice.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The black will be replaced with neon green.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I found this video by Mojo.com on top 10 Power Rangers moments. Cool list but it has tons of spoilers of course so if you are watching through some seasons for the first time you may want to skip it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

So apparently the official romanization for the new Sentai has come out, and it's... TOQGER. Toqger? ToQger? Anyway, I guess that makes the Ranger names TOQ-1, TOQ-2, etc, which seems a lot more like how trains would be named.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

So apparently the official romanization for the new Sentai has come out, and it's... TOQGER. Toqger? ToQger? Anyway, I guess that makes the Ranger names TOQ-1, TOQ-2, etc, which seems a lot more like how trains would be named.

Their belt buckles abbreviate it further to TQG.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Shaezerus posted:

Their belt buckles abbreviate it further to TQG.

Power Rangers Train Quiche Guards, coming 2016.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I will not stand for quiche on my scifi trains. Only rice piles with tiny flags and chunks of hot dog shaped to look like tiny octopii!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I will not stand for quiche on my scifi trains. Only rice piles with tiny flags and chunks of hot dog shaped to look like tiny octopii!

I'm actually a little surprised Toei and Bandai haven't pushed for Den-O to be adapted, actually.