Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
That suit!!!! :barrowman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Oh the preview was such a cocktease with that scene. Still awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, that red light.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
OH poo poo. OH gently caress. OH gently caress YES. :neckbeard:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

poo poo is about to go down.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Excellent, but seriously someone else needs to learn that the Arrow is Oliver soon. There's no way that Roy can train without finding it out at some point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Excellent, but seriously someone else needs to learn that the Arrow is Oliver soon. There's no way that Roy can train without finding it out at some point.

I'm sure he'll find out eventually. But I hope he's the last one for a long time. We don't need every character knowing it's Oliver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well Laurel presumably has to find out soon if the Black Canary arc is going to be this season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Well Laurel presumably has to find out soon if the Black Canary arc is going to be this season.

I would guess it's probably not going to be until next season. Nobody has said it will be this season and I honestly don't think there's room for it. Even with Arrow's pace.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Definitely a strong Laurel episode, she is relevant and actually fights back! When she gets kidnapped this time, she isn't just waiting to be rescued. She throws a punch and eventually shoots the guy in the back (Daley?). The real test of her arc now will be her response to being fired and accepting she has a drug problem. Hopefully no AA group scenes, just her getting awesome and getting poo poo done, similar to this episode.

Also, Slade in the costume was AWESOME.

wedgie deliverer fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 23, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hi liter posted:

Definitely a strong Laurel episode, she is relevant and actually fights back! When she gets kidnapped this time, she isn't just waiting to be rescued. She throws a punch and eventually shoots the guy in the back (Daley?). The real test of her arc now will be her response to being fired and accepting she has a drug problem. Hopefully no AA group scenes, just her getting awesome and getting poo poo done, similar to this episode.

I would not be surprised if she falls even farther and it takes Sara coming back and revealing herself to be alive to finally snap her out of it. Right now she's going through her crucible and being so certain about Blood and then thinking she's been proved wrong should take her down even more.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hi liter posted:

Can't go murdering henchman while wearing a suit now can you.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The episode ended with a pretty good one two punch. I'm also beginning to wonder if Oliver was injected with Mirakuru at some point while on the island.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Katie Cassidey did a really good job in that episode.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Was a good episode. I still don't like Laurel as a character but at least her screen time was finally relevant.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
My utter sexual gratification at seeing how good Deathstroke looked onscreen was a little tempered by the fact that the scene was...actually kinda dumb? Why did he kill a bunch of minions completely unrelated to anything Sebastian did?

But then I figure, that's actually exactly how Slade would act in the comics.

But then again I think, well yeah and that's why I don't actually like Slade in the comics.

I'm conflicted. :saddowns:

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Deadpool posted:

I would not be surprised if she falls even farther and it takes Sara coming back and revealing herself to be alive to finally snap her out of it. Right now she's going through her crucible and being so certain about Blood and then thinking she's been proved wrong should take her down even more.

I didn't even think of that. Sara has been such a non-factor in the present since going AWOL. Now I'm really excited to see how the LoA stuff fits into the Slade/Blood vs Arrow Crew conflict.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Aphrodite posted:

One of them will see/find/hear/taste/smell something that clues them in on the truth in the next episode or so, I'm sure.

Maybe Ollie will remember when he and Diggle did the exact same thing to convince someone Ollie wasn't the vigilante? Well, without getting killed anyways.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

The archives scenes went from surprisingly awesome (actually competent guards)
for plain silly. (Someone sneaking inside old archives -> Send in the swat team shooting to kill)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jammu posted:

for plain silly. (Someone sneaking inside old archives -> Send in the swat team shooting to kill)

Well, they gave him a chance to surrender and he shot an exploding Arrow at them first. All bets are off then.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Didn't the security guard noticed it was the vigilante, too? I didn't quite catch that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Accretionist posted:

Didn't the security guard noticed it was the vigilante, too? I didn't quite catch that.

Yeah, they saw him on the camera when they got it back on.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Everything about the last 5 minutes was the best. And Laurel finally had an interesting plot arc that's also managed to free her from her job so she can pursue...other things. Can't wait for the inevitable Roy/Arrow training montage.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Surprised they didn't go for the old "loop the camera footage" trick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice the direction in the Archives scene was a little different? Lots of dynamic camera angles and movement.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The best part of the episode was the super competent security guards. I love those guys , I always hated the whole trope of " Oh cameras are out", I like that the guy was just like poo poo "COMPUTERSTUFF" then called in Swat immediately.

The Only thing I don't like about Deathstroke was the mask, I want the actual orange and black dammit otherwise it was awesome.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I was totally expecting Daley to attempt to kill/kidnap Laurel when he turned up at her apartment and was so happy that they came up with another, much smarter, much more satisfying way to "get her". (Although I do wonder on what pretence they got that warrant.)
But then they kinda kidnapped her and almost killed her anyway? That was kinda weird.

Glad to see the Good Miss Lance back on the island wasn't a horrible person too. And that Ivo totally is. "You ungrateful bitch" was such a vicious little turn.

BrianWilly posted:

My utter sexual gratification at seeing how good Deathstroke looked onscreen was a little tempered by the fact that the scene was...actually kinda dumb? Why did he kill a bunch of minions completely unrelated to anything Sebastian did?
I thought that was pretty dumb too. Just an excuse to have Slade kick some rear end and be really evil...But then I figure maybe Sebastian does actually care about his "brothers" from the orphanage and it was the equivalent of the villain killing your family to teach you a lesson. (But that's not really something they explained in the show, so it's still a valid criticism.)

muscles like this? posted:

Anyone else notice the direction in the Archives scene was a little different? Lots of dynamic camera angles and movement.
I did notice it in the first scene where it was twirling around like a scene from Bad Boys.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

BrianWilly posted:

But then I figure, that's actually exactly how Slade would act in the comics.

But then again I think, well yeah and that's why I don't actually like Slade in the comics.

I'm conflicted. :saddowns:

You don't show up to a business meeting with four armed thugs unless you are planning some kind of power play. I don't know whether he wanted a promotion, a pay raise, or just respect. Whatever it was, apparently Slade wasn't interested in playing along.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Laurel was useful and that was all fine. Her scenes were good and they made use of her pill subplot.

But loving DEATHSTROKE. A live action Deathstroke that was totally awesome despite being totally superfluous and fanservice.

Also, Roy had a great arc in this episode and I'm psyched to see how Oliver trains him.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

VagueRant posted:

I was totally expecting Daley to attempt to kill/kidnap Laurel when he turned up at her apartment and was so happy that they came up with another, much smarter, much more satisfying way to "get her". (Although I do wonder on what pretence they got that warrant.)
But then they kinda kidnapped her and almost killed her anyway? That was kinda weird.
I think that was just to entirely, definitively absolve Sebastian of suspicion. Even if Laurel has been popping pills, there's still a bunch of weird stuff they've uncovered about Sebastian -- his "aunt" dying, his father's murder case being missing and someone tampering with the surveillance -- and so they set up Deely (sic) as the scapegoat for the whole thing, as the man with the skull mask. Why else leave a giant "Hey The Arrow! Come to this place to get her!" message behind? They wanted Arrow to go find and put down Deely. Deely himself was probably in on it, judging from that final smirk on his face.

Of course, Oliver's face is gonna be pretty red when it turns out it wasn't the right guy and hundreds of Mirakuru soldiers start flooding the streets. :v:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What happened after Laurel opened the file and saw nothing? My DVR cut out.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Pillowpants posted:

loving EVERYTHING.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pillowpants posted:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Wouldn't a better plan of been to just have Laurel swipe in and erase the footage after the fact? I guess they didn't want Blood to know they were there but breaking in seems a bit superfluous.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
Calling it right now: Detective Lance figures it out when he looks at the phone records and realises that Daly was calling/receiving calls from Blood.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

jammu posted:

I found it hard to believe the idea that a fully armed SWAT team arrived at the archives a few minutes after they were called. TV drama - along the lines of murder cases being solved in a day I suppose.

Laurel wasn't bad this episode. I've never hated her as much as some people, but it's nice that she's starting to do stuff and have an actual story.

Deathstroke looks awesome. I'm taking it that Blood actually cares about his minions (in a very twisted way), so Slade chopping them up was supposed to mean something, but the show never actually claims this outright. In any case, it was definitely a "look at our awesome Deathstroke" scene. He's going to be a scary villain for Ollie to face.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
I noticed in the preview that he has Roy slapping bowls of water. Wasn't the purpose of that to make weakling island Ollie able to draw a bow? I would think MirakuRoy could do it with his pinkie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It might be for the opposite effect on Roy. You don't brute force a bow, he has to learn to control the strength.

Slap this water without splashing the entire thing on the floor.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Or more likely it's about patience and learning to control his rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Or more likely it's about patience and learning to control his rage.

Yep. Oliver will probably tell him: "Do this until I come back and say to stop." and then shake his head when he comes back to find the bowl embedded in a wall.

• Locked thread