Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If it snowed enough to form stable tunnels you could throw studs on and ride around in them, doing barrel rolls like it was loving STUN Runner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Snowdens Secret posted:

I just made it up, man

It's sounds like George R.R. Martin or something.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

MoraleHazard posted:

It's sounds like George R.R. Martin or something.

It's just your low standards :v:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jesus Christ, the saga continues.

The cops just called me again and told me that they haven't had any further reports to investigate, but I should expect to get no slack in the event of a traffic stop "especially due to the reduced holiday speeding tolerance" because of my prior behaviour and my being flagged as a high speeding risk. He then, astonishingly, told me that I've been "spotted riding your motorcycle in the rain" which, verbatim "is a pretty dangerous thing to be doing, really" and that "I should probably think about finding alternative transport when the weather's rough" and then he went on to tell me how "you just don't know when something might happen and bikes tend to go down pretty instantly in those situations".

This was met with incredulous silence and yes/no/ok mouth noises from me. Then he told me to drive safe and slow down and hung up.

gently caress. This. Place.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
lol what i just

how

hahahaha

that's so terrible

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hahahaha what the gently caress, you live in the looney toons.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I'm really beginning to think this is one of your mates loving with you. Are you positive you don't hear snickering in the background?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm speechless and dumbfounded that this is a thing that could actually happen and that the supposed authorities don't even consider that she is full of poo poo and you are following the laws. Which it sounds like you are and have been. BUT OH OK YOU SHOULD JUST GO BUY A CAR BECAUSE THE POLICYMANS TOLD YA. For your own good. Child.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Holy loving poo poo, what?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Snowdens Secret posted:

It has gotten to where I don't even notice the new snow falling, it's so far above the ceilings of the tunnels I've dug within the old snow, so I can visit the ruins of a town that functioned before eternal everwinter

So you've been riding through snow dens? :rimshot:

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
Godmothefuckingdammit... It was great riding weather all last week, or as good as it gets in New England in January., I had plans to ride from Boston to Springfield on Saturday, it was supposed to rain, but so what? Even got a new rain suit and boot covers for the occasion. Instead of rain we got loving snow, just enough to poo poo all over my plans. Now we've got more snow, again not a lot, but it's going to stay below freezing for the rest of the month, so it ain't going anywhere, and neither, apparently, am I.

I gotta get the gently caress out of New England. I love riding a hell of a lot more than I like "ooh look we've got FOUR seasons!". gently caress that noise. I've been cross-referencing places where it doesn't snow with places with the highest percentage of the population believing in evolution as a quick non-fundie-retard rear end in a top hat filter. I'm old, but too young to go to prison for killing some dumbfuck fundie idiot. I'm too fat and sweaty to live in the desert, gently caress the confederacy, the PNW would just depress me to the point of suicide, and I can't live somewhere flat and tornadoey. Oh, and no snow, natch. Looks like Cali FTW, eh? Any other suggestions? It wouldn't be happening right away, the missus wouldn't move away from her mom.

Fake edit - Thought about Godsown, been there before and loved it, but Slavvy makes it sound like the nanny patrol is assuming control.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The_Raven posted:

Godmothefuckingdammit... It was great riding weather all last week, or as good as it gets in New England in January., I had plans to ride from Boston to Springfield on Saturday, it was supposed to rain, but so what? Even got a new rain suit and boot covers for the occasion. Instead of rain we got loving snow, just enough to poo poo all over my plans. Now we've got more snow, again not a lot, but it's going to stay below freezing for the rest of the month, so it ain't going anywhere, and neither, apparently, am I.

I gotta get the gently caress out of New England. I love riding a hell of a lot more than I like "ooh look we've got FOUR seasons!". gently caress that noise. I've been cross-referencing places where it doesn't snow with places with the highest percentage of the population believing in evolution as a quick non-fundie-retard rear end in a top hat filter. I'm old, but too young to go to prison for killing some dumbfuck fundie idiot. I'm too fat and sweaty to live in the desert, gently caress the confederacy, the PNW would just depress me to the point of suicide, and I can't live somewhere flat and tornadoey. Oh, and no snow, natch. Looks like Cali FTW, eh? Any other suggestions? It wouldn't be happening right away, the missus wouldn't move away from her mom.

Fake edit - Thought about Godsown, been there before and loved it, but Slavvy makes it sound like the nanny patrol is assuming control.

If you're moving to California don't go south of San Jose or North of Oakland.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

Chichevache posted:

Geez, that doesn't narrow it down much, does it? I spent some time in the South Bay a few years ago, I liked it a lot, but holy poo poo is it expensive, worse than Boston which is saying something. Those roads up in the hills are amazing though, Monterey, PCH, Big Sur... I could go on. Yep, that's probably where we're heading, although the Texas hill country is almost bordering on normal and a lot cheaper to live.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The_Raven posted:

Geez, that doesn't narrow it down much, does it? I spent some time in the South Bay a few years ago, I liked it a lot, but holy poo poo is it expensive, worse than Boston which is saying something. Those roads up in the hills are amazing though, Monterey, PCH, Big Sur... I could go on. Yep, that's probably where we're heading, although the Texas hill country is almost bordering on normal and a lot cheaper to live.

Most of texas is hot as gently caress though. The Bay Area is expensive as poo poo, but the wages are higher to match for many job areas (good luck affording to living here if you don't work in tech or whatever though, unless you're willing to live in some pretty sketchy areas and the cost of living is still ruinous). And we have true year round riding weather all the time, so, that helps.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Chichevache posted:

What bullshit is this, berkeley rules.

I am college-aged though.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm really beginning to think this is one of your mates loving with you. Are you positive you don't hear snickering in the background?

It isn't one of my mates, the first time he gave me a contact number and so on. My mates also don't have any idea what my license plate numbers are, or even which bikes I currently own.

NZ (the north island, at least) is like one gigantic retirement home. Nice place to be a kid, nice place to be a geriatric, loving terrible if you're capable of living life unassisted and want to do your own thing.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

M42 posted:

:hfive: 24 years young. Just ignore graphic tees and desert boots and it's a city like any other!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Xovaan posted:

:hfive: 24 years young. Just ignore graphic tees and desert boots and it's a city like any other!

I sort of know the Berkeley police chief, he owns the two downstairs units in my 3 unit condo building; HOA buddies.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Slavvy posted:

It isn't one of my mates, the first time he gave me a contact number and so on. My mates also don't have any idea what my license plate numbers are, or even which bikes I currently own.

NZ (the north island, at least) is like one gigantic retirement home. Nice place to be a kid, nice place to be a geriatric, loving terrible if you're capable of living life unassisted and want to do your own thing.

Slavvy posted:

Why don't you have your friends start calling in bogus reports on the lady? You got her tag number right. Is she still waiting for you at the end of your driveway every morning?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Invercargill here you come, I guess!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nah, I haven't seen her around recently. She's essentially my next-door neighbour, although about 40m of forest separates our houses so it isn't like she can see what I'm doing in my driveway. The problem with your counter-call plan is that she undoubtedly has a clean license and by her own admission is a social worker dealing with youth offenders. I may as well file charges against the loving pope.

Linedance posted:

Invercargill here you come, I guess!

Interestingly my only mate who rides is from there and I've only now rehabilitated him enough for him to realise that it's a sheep-shagging shithole.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Sounds like she has a brother or son on the police force.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

M42 posted:

I basically meant "don't move to Socal because it sucks balls and I miss NorCal so much it hurts." Plus there isn't much North of the Bay besides Humboldt County.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I basically meant "don't move to Socal because it sucks balls and I miss NorCal so much it hurts." Plus there isn't much North of the Bay besides Humboldt County.

And a billion miles (maybe not quite a billion) of beautiful roads.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Chichevache posted:

and I miss NorCal so much it hurts

:smith::hf::smith:

I've got a bunch of locations saved on the phone's weather app. I was looking at the forecast for the next week in polar vortex winter wonderland and accidentally tabbed over to the bay area one. I'm here to to say gently caress that particular feeling.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Chichevache posted:

SoCal is awesome and if you don't think so you're just not lazy enough to realize it yet.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

M42 posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

I've got a bunch of locations saved on the phone's weather app. I was looking at the forecast for the next week in polar vortex winter wonderland and accidentally tabbed over to the bay area one. I'm here to to say gently caress that particular feeling.

I did this same exact thing, but I am moving there in a few months, so I got excited as gently caress.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

And a billion miles (maybe not quite a billion) of beautiful roads.

Well yeah, but would you want to live in Ukiah?

Bugdrvr posted:

SoCal is awesome and if you don't think so you're just not lazy enough to realize it yet.

Am I being whooshed or is that a typo?

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

The_Raven posted:

the PNW would just depress me to the point of suicide,

Aw, it ain't bad. Mild temperatures and the fact that it's a light rain, though persistent (for like 9 goddamn months) means it's pretty easy to ride year-round. And if the grey gets to you, just hop east across the mountains, with 300+ days of sunshine. PNW FTW.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I live in Carlsbad and I'll attest to living in basically the sunny sterile rear end in a top hat of LA and SD's plump round buttcheeks.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
California is a wonderful place to live on your parent's dime.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
I would like to rant about friends who ask you to help them find the rarest unicorn that is a running bike in decent shape for $500 or less and then refuse to ever actually follow through with a purchase when you find a hit.

This is like 4 passes on things like GS500s and CB450s and such. He's on his own from here on out.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Tell him to go into a Motorcycle wrecker and have a look around. They've usually got cheap running bikes there.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Nah the problem is it sounds like he's the kinda guy who likes the concept of himself riding a motorcycle but not enough to jump into it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I have a friend who is that guy. He bought a shitheap CX400 for $800 because "that was all I could spend and I wanted a good deal", which he will end up spending upwords of a grand on, which he is turning into a custocruisecaferacer, which is now in several discreet piles, which hasn't been worked on meaningfully in eight months, which is the grandest project ever.

But he won't jump on the slowest and shittiest bikes I own to learn, 'because it's dangerous!', he refuses to accept any advice which will get him actually riding a bike sooner, and is generally just really contrary and directionless.

Even when I deliberately try to instigate us working on the bike so I can make some meaningful progress happen, he tells me to let him work on it his own pace and not do everything for him.

It's loving depressing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He's one of those people HNasty and I blog about.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Nah the problem is it sounds like he's the kinda guy who likes the concept of himself riding a motorcycle but not enough to jump into it.
Pretty sure it's this. He used to ride years ago, and he seemed like he had fun when I put him on a spare Virago I had. It's that final motivation to shell out the money and be seen on a beater that just isn't happening. Which is a loving roller coaster of excitement and disappointment for me.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Pretty sure it's this. He used to ride years ago, and he seemed like he had fun when I put him on a spare Virago I had. It's that final motivation to shell out the money and be seen on a beater that just isn't happening. Which is a loving roller coaster of excitement and disappointment for me.

I'm in L.A. If you find me a $500 motorcycle I'll take it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Don't move to northern California. Its the worst and I desperately want out. Year round riding is nice, but being constantly broke no matter how hard you work sucks balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Day Man posted:

Don't move to northern California. Its the worst and I desperately want out. Year round riding is nice, but being constantly broke no matter how hard you work sucks balls.

THIS IS THE LAND OF OPPOURTUNITY IF YOU'RE NOT BOOTSTRAPPING YOUR STARTUP IN YOUOR PARENTS COFFEE SHOP WHY DO YOU EVEN THINK YOU DESERVE TO BE HERE. YOU HAVE ALL THE CHANCES YOU NEED TO ACHIEVE LITERALLY ANYTHING ELON MUSK HYPERTUBE GENTRIFICATION SNAPCHAT MULTIHEADED SOCIAL MEDIA INTERFACE

*dies via slipping on the poo poo slicked steps of a BART escalator while posting on svbtle about how to bootstrap the homeless getting their poo poo together with social media*