Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I managed to get my hands on a Rocket Raccoon plush from NYCC, unfortunately it just arrived and reeks of cigarettes. Anybody have tips on how to remove that stench from things I can't just toss in the washing machine? I soaked him in Febreeze and that helped with the larger areas but there's still a lingering odor. Thankfully the minor smell on the lithograph disappated quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Sanschel posted:

I managed to get my hands on a Rocket Raccoon plush from NYCC, unfortunately it just arrived and reeks of cigarettes. Anybody have tips on how to remove that stench from things I can't just toss in the washing machine? I soaked him in Febreeze and that helped with the larger areas but there's still a lingering odor. Thankfully the minor smell on the lithograph disappated quickly.

Dry cleaner bag works pretty well. They're like 6 bucks at a Target or similar store. Just treat it, toss it in the bag, and chuck it in the dryer.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Beanpants posted:

Don't worry, it's back up. At $140. :psyboom:

And the page is back down again, what the gently caress are they thinking, this will never sell at that price.

Also DrChud I got my Jean Grey today, thank you sir!

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 23, 2014

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

And the page is back down again, what the gently caress are they thinking, this will never sell at that price.

Also DrChud I got my Jean Grey today, thank you sir!

Glad to hear it made it:)

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Look who is on sale at Hasbro?!

Black Cat and Carnage!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/marvel-the-amazing-spider-man-2-marvel-legends-infinite-series-skyline-sirens-figure?BR=820&SBR=452&ST=SO&PG=1

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

To the surprise of no one, Black Cat is sold out.

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...
So yesterday, I finally got a grail of mine that I had been looking for, for quite a while

The Baron from "Mad Monster Party" sculpted by Tony Cipriano, and a limited edition of 500 released.

One of my favorite animated films from my youth.

Cryptobotanist fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 24, 2014

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Question for anybody who has the new Alien Xenomorph: is the frosted head-window thing detachable? I haven't opened mine yet, but that piece isn't fully covering the skull, and I don't know if it's a defect or what. Many thanks.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Optimist Prime posted:

Question for anybody who has the new Alien Xenomorph: is the frosted head-window thing detachable? I haven't opened mine yet, but that piece isn't fully covering the skull, and I don't know if it's a defect or what. Many thanks.

No, it's not meant to be detachable. Mine isn't fully covering the skull either, I think i'ts just a factory defect, as I looked through a good number of them (about 10) and I would say on at least 6 of them the dome was detached at some point. I only got one with a slightly detached dome because the rest of the body was better than the rest.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

No, it's not meant to be detachable. Mine isn't fully covering the skull either, I think i'ts just a factory defect, as I looked through a good number of them (about 10) and I would say on at least 6 of them the dome was detached at some point. I only got one with a slightly detached dome because the rest of the body was better than the rest.

Thanks. It's not too noticeable on mine, but I might wait until they start showing up at nearby TRUs so I can compare.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Any special type of markers to look for writing on vinyl? I have the Funko Beavis and Butthead guys but it dawned on me yesterday they are lacking the AC/DC & Metallica logos on their shirts.

Just any old permanent marker should do?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Optimist Prime posted:

Thanks. It's not too noticeable on mine, but I might wait until they start showing up at nearby TRUs so I can compare.

This the '79 Alien or the Blue Warrior?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blue Warrior doesn't have a dome.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Vintersorg posted:

Any special type of markers to look for writing on vinyl? I have the Funko Beavis and Butthead guys but it dawned on me yesterday they are lacking the AC/DC & Metallica logos on their shirts.

Just any old permanent marker should do?

A permanent marker may bleed or fade over time, especially black, which will turn purple. It will probably work if you're not looking to get too involved with them. What you ideally want is acrylic paint. Maybe a small paint pen.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 25, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Blue Warrior doesn't have a dome.

Good to know, I haven't seen either in person yet.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I had some metal plaques made up for my Grapple Gun and Utility Belt. I'm still waiting on the acrylic bases to mount the plaques on, but they look great already.

And something else...

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

What the hell am I doing with all of these Mighty Muggs?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

^burtle posted:

I had the same existential problem earlier this year, finally sold all of mine.

Also if anyone is interested I'm selling my Hot Toys DX 12 The Dark Knight Rises Batman. Open and inspected, never displayed. Box corner has some factory damage, apparently Hot Toys hosed up 90% of these boxes and shipped them anyways. Asking $500 shipped obo, shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

Watching them drop in value at an alarming rate. I was smart and lucky. I had almost all of them before the line was chopped and decided to bail out. Ended up actually making money them in the end. I kept the original Iron Man, the first one I bought as a reminder to not buy into stupid toy lines.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Cryptobotanist posted:

So yesterday, I finally got a grail of mine that I had been looking for, for quite a while

The Baron from "Mad Monster Party" sculpted by Tony Cipriano, and a limited edition of 500 released.

One of my favorite animated films from my youth.

Congrats on obtaining a grail!

Did he sculpt any of the other characters?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
I love my Mighty Muggs and am never getting rid if them. I take it now would be a good time to get good deals to add to my collection?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the new Predators wave at TRU today. Didn't think I wanted that Dutch till I saw him in person, so insanely cool

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Lepecard posted:

Congrats on obtaining a grail!

Did he sculpt any of the other characters?

Not from Mad Monster Party ALTHOUGH there was a line of figures from Diamond Select that he sculpted ( the figures he did were the Baron, Dracula, and Fang (the Monster)

Although I don't think they're as good in terms of quality

If you mean characters in general yeah he's done quite a few like Underdog, Riff Raff, Simon Barsinister (from Underdog). He sculpted one of those "toon-ed up" statues of Elvira.

Most of his work is done through other companies

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

The Rage posted:

I had the same existential problem earlier this year, finally sold all of mine.

Also if anyone is interested I'm selling my Hot Toys DX 12 The Dark Knight Rises Batman. Open and inspected, never displayed. Box corner has some factory damage, apparently Hot Toys hosed up 90% of these boxes and shipped them anyways. Asking $500 shipped obo, shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Just incase anyone is considering this, fair few going for significantly cheaper on ebay.

Edit: although to be fair, some are also asking for $680. That said I found a fair few shipped (to Australia) for $420.

Keeku fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 26, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Got these guys today!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Wait, 3A managed to actually release something?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keeku posted:

Just incase anyone is considering this, fair few going for significantly cheaper on ebay.

Edit: although to be fair, some are also asking for $680. That said I found a fair few shipped (to Australia) for $420.

Hence the "or best offer" tag, but thanks!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Here are some new pics of one of the 2014 Godzilla figures: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/1496

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
That is one ugly godzilla figure.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

That is one ugly godzilla figure.

I'm hoping its the child fodder Godzilla, cause drat.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jace Madan posted:

Here are some new pics of one of the 2014 Godzilla figures: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/1496

More like Stubzilla. :geno:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Poor Gojira needs to hit the gym and lay off the obese tourists, that is one fat bastard of a giant lizard.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Those are pretty much the exact same proportions as the original Godzilla suits, though. Not that that's a good thing. I always preferred the 1998 design, even if the movie was garbage.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

That Godzilla figure kind of hits a weird nostalgia vibe for me, because it reminds me of the lovely giant figure I had growing up as a kid.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
'Zilla junk

:iiam:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I found some MOTU figures at a flea market, and my eBay auction didn't sell. Is anyone in the thread interested in them?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Found a coupon for sideshow, so me and my friend ordered the evil superman figure finally.

Just finished placing my order for a 1/6th scale johnny walker bottle I had modeled as well, so my supes will have a nice accessory since hot toys dropped the ball on that.

Went to TRU today, and while they did have some stuff on clearance, I ended up buying some "Max Damage" mortal kombat figures. They looked nifty anyway.

Kinda wish they had more than just reptile and jax though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

evobatman posted:

I found some MOTU figures at a flea market, and my eBay auction didn't sell. Is anyone in the thread interested in them?

That is not Moss Man's armor drat it!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

That is not Moss Man's armor drat it!

I did not know that, he came with it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003