Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fermun
Nov 4, 2009
So we find out tomorrow, as early as 7.5 hours from now, and that means probably no more hints, so get your last speculation fix in

Project Armstrong
1) We will have ships!
2) There will be a rocket on a loading screen.
3)
4) There will be deep technologytrees!
5) There is politics and espionage.

Not an official hint but may as well throw this in.

Project Nero

1) There will be fire & darkness.
2) Is this a troll attempt ?
3) There are no provinces in this game.
4) Clausewitz as you would never have thought possible.
5) What does the Skald say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Neither of these projects sound interesting. :(

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
If paradox is making a space game with politics and espionage and space ships and space empires I could get cancer tomorrow and still die happy.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I feel like Armstrong being a space game is too obvious, but maybe that's just what they want me to think. drat it Paradox, just spill the beans. :(

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'll be really happy as long as neither is HoI4. I expect to be disappointed though since of the four main franchises HoI is first in line for a sequel.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

BBJoey posted:

I feel like Armstrong being a space game is too obvious, but maybe that's just what they want me to think. drat it Paradox, just spill the beans. :(

I think Armstrong might be HoI4, the rocket could be a V2, the image I got no idea on but the rest would work.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Since when is WWII known for its pretty borders? In Space you can arbitrarily make the prettiest borders you want.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Project Armstrong is East vs West, sorry guys.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
The names mean nothing though. CK2 was Project Serpant, EU4 was Project Truman. Those are the only ones I remember but I'm sure you can find the other project names.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What happened to the Kevin Costner codenames?

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!

YouTuber posted:

He is a side character from the LOTR books that drags on and on with useless songs and poo poo rather than advancing the plot.

Well, you see... :thejoke:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Paradox Interactive Presents: Master of Orion IV

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No matter what it ends up being a lot of people are gonna get really pissed off. I can't wait.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I still have hopes that it's a space colonization/space race game where you get to manage your nation's space program. Pretty borders -- :jeb::911:IN SPAAAAACE:911::jeb:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
When you put all the armstrong hints into a list like that it makes me think its going to be an HoI3 expansion that moves the end date to the late 50s/early 60s like in HoI2 with some spy and politic fixes.

And a billion more provinces for even more accurate borders I guess.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Fire and Darkness is a book in Oblivion/Skyrim, Skald is a character in Skyrim (note how Skald is capitalised in that sentence) and there's trolls in the elder scrolls game as well. So a Pox Elder Scrolls game?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
It's Gaia Universalis. Can you take a small bit of self-replicating protein and create a global empire?

We'll get to see literal blobbing now.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

Ahaha, that's amazing. SALES OF HONORARY TITLES goes all the way back to the boardgame.

Gold has always been the sign of nobility, apparently!

(A lot of other events also look familiar. WAVE OF OBSCURANTISM, REORGANIZATION OF THE ARMY OR THE FLEET...)

Please tell me "Comet Sighted!" is there. I would pay money for a game card of that signed by Johann, not even joking.

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Johan Andersson's Alpha Centauri II.

I'd be OK with this.

wukkar fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 23, 2014

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

I still have hopes that it's a space colonization/space race game where you get to manage your nation's space program. Pretty borders -- :jeb::911:IN SPAAAAACE:911::jeb:

COMET SIGHTED

*comet crashes into launch site*

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Finally, I can build the comet defense building in my capital.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Is EU Rome really that bad? It has a higher rating than all the other paradox titles other than CK2, EU 3 and 4, and HOI 2.

The only Paradox games I've played myself are CK2 and EU 3 and 4 and I'm looking for another Paradox game to get into and I really like the ancient setting.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Paradox has secretly bought the rights to all the old Impressions Games isometric city-builders.

Paradox Interactive presents: Pharaoh II :swoon:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mustang posted:

Is EU Rome really that bad? It has a higher rating than all the other paradox titles other than CK2, EU 3 and 4, and HOI 2.

The only Paradox games I've played myself are CK2 and EU 3 and 4 and I'm looking for another Paradox game to get into and I really like the ancient setting.

Wiz's Reign of the Ancients mod helps a lot. Vanilla Rome/VV has trouble with the map being fairly empty. Apart from that, the character-politics system and the civil war mechanic are quite well done; there's a reason people in this thread commonly clamor for a Rome 2.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mustang posted:

If you haven't played it go play Victoria 2 - it is immeasurably better than Rome.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Its actually Age of Mythology II, which features trolls, skalds, no provinces, and magic that creates fire and darkness.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Mustang posted:

First: play Rome with Wiz's Reign of the Ancients mod, which really is what makes the game playable. When played with that, it feels like a smaller scale EU3 with a really good civil war system. I liked it when I played it a few years ago, but I'm not sure I could go back to it after CK2 and EU4.

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

Cantorsdust posted:

Finally, I can build the comet defense building in my capital.
In a strange twist, comets are typically the only source of water available for your capital. Comet defense buildings are primarily used to keep your civilization alive, and the arrival of a comet does nothing.

New event for Universe Universalis:

Comet Not Sighted!
Let them drink beer! -1 stability
Kill some of the population, they're 75% water! -1 stability

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

jsoh posted:

Its actually Age of Mythology II

Don't even joke about that. :smith:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Mustang posted:

If you're interested in the ancient setting you could try AGEOD's Alea Jacta Est. I wouldn't normally recommend an AGEOD game because I loathe them but EU: Rome isn't really great either.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Soup du Jour posted:

I've already resigned myself to this never happening. Why did you have to bring the pain back :negative:

Edit: A s equal to the one that took place in ancient china would be nice too.

Or zeus.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Megadyptes posted:

Fire and Darkness is a book in Oblivion/Skyrim, Skald is a character in Skyrim (note how Skald is capitalised in that sentence) and there's trolls in the elder scrolls game as well. So a Pox Elder Scrolls game?

The Skald hint is a play on "What does the fox say?", an atrociously popular Norwegian song.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jsoh posted:

Its actually Age of Mythology II, which features trolls, skalds, no provinces, and magic that creates fire and darkness.

It's actually Rise of Nations 2 so Paradox can skip trying to make converters across all their earlier games.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's actually Rise of Nations 2 so Paradox can skip trying to make converters across all their earlier games.

Empire Earth 4

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

I would play the hell out of this game, Rise of Nations was drat fun.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

DStecks posted:

Don't even joke about that. :smith:

Man, an Age of Mythology II with poo poo like Vedic and Japanese mythology could pretty much make me do anything.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

SeaTard posted:

I would play the hell out of this game, Rise of Nations was drat fun.

Playing as Russia, researching Russian winter and other attrition upgrades, then sniping enemy supply trucks :allears:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Mustang posted:

I'm a bit curious - what higher rating are you talking about here?

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Mustang posted:

It's definitely one of my favorite. Loved the political system differing per country, even the trade provided some fun as it provided some reasons to ask for other provinces.
The weak point was the colonisation system and barbarians that wasn't as fun as intended. But playing Pontus was hella lotof fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Soup du Jour posted:

Paradox has secretly bought the rights to all the old Impressions Games isometric city-builders.

I want this to be true so badly holy poo poo you don't even know

• Locked thread