Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Three and a half more hours until we stop speculating and start being disappointed, though unfortunately they've said they won't be streaming any announcements. It hasn't been mentioned much in the thread, but we're also gonna be finding out about the new EUIV and CKII DLCs, which there's been very little information about until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

CK2 DLC in the vein of Sunset Invasion, but this time the invaders are time-travelling interstellar Norsemen from an alternate future.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

jsoh posted:

Its actually Age of Mythology II, which features trolls, skalds, no provinces, and magic that creates fire and darkness.
Don't play with my feelings like this. :smith:

Anyway, last minute hints:

Project Nero posted:

Hint #6
This will be a giant announcement
Giants!?!

Project Armstrong posted:

Hint #6
Sweden is on the map
Not a space game.

Looking forward to Paradox stepping outside of their comfort zone with Project Nero as it sounds like they are doing.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Norse Mythology Viking Settlement simulator?

Kinda like Zeus, but with more human sacrifices.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Megadyptes posted:

Fire and Darkness is a book in Oblivion/Skyrim, Skald is a character in Skyrim (note how Skald is capitalised in that sentence) and there's trolls in the elder scrolls game as well. So a Pox Elder Scrolls game?

A Skald is a viking poet, that's why the term got into Skyrim. Trolls are originally a Nordic myth. It's obviously going to be a viking game, Paradox had way too much fun with The Old Gods.

Can't wait. Themes can get played out, like zombies did, but I'm pretty sure I'll never get tired of vikings :black101:

EDIT: Holy gently caress, called it at the exact last moment! http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?750551-Announcement-Teaser-Trailer-for-Project-Nero
gently caress YES

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
They announced project Nero right as I posted that

quote:

Shams Jorjani @ShamsJorjani 3 min

Project Nero is Runemaster a Norse mythology fueled RPG! pic.twitter.com/QA2fZGmOXQ

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
You guys are not F5ing the PDX twitter enough!
https://twitter.com/PdxInteractive

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctn_X6UYKwc

E: Ha!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Norse RPG apparently.
Also India expansion for CKII and "Wealth of Nations" for EU4

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

And Hearts of Iron 4!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Jeoh posted:

And Hearts of Iron 4!

Holy poo poo holy poo poo

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
What is this 'Explore 6 worlds'-bullshit in Runemaster. All 9 worlds or bust :colbert:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

So let's take bets on how many provinces are in HoI4.

I'm gonna say at least 500 million.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hopefully HOI4 means that Vicky 3 isn't far behind it...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kainser posted:

What is this 'Explore 6 worlds'-bullshit in Runemaster. All 9 worlds or bust :colbert:

They need to leave room for dlc.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The teaser trailer for HoI4 is amazing in it's low effortness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bvX2-XrAQ

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I'm actually cautiously optimistic for HoI4. The team has seemingly learned a lot about how to make a good game right off the bat, with two successful major title launches that have been very well-received. Hopefully the Paradox Curse has been lifted.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
It had better have very little to do with how Hearts of Iron 3 plays, is all I'll say.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Welp, that's one project I don't give a poo poo about (sorry HoI) and one I am super loving hyped about.

For one thing, I'm happy Runemaster isn't "viking-inspired" or "themed after Norse mythology" but, presumably, a straight-up, balls-out, axe-swinging beard-bristling game about Vikings. For another, PDS venturing out of their comfort zone with a non-grand strategy game is likely to rule. I may be overly optimistic here, but a Paradox RPG seems likely to be a fresh take on the genre. In my dreams I'm imagining something between CK2 The Old Gods, King of Dragon Pass and (insert classic RPG here) :allears:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Wait so what was the CK2 and EU4 DLCs?

Kainser posted:

I don't even care that I haven't seen a single screenshot, I want to pre-order already :negative:

I'm getting a real King's Bounty vibe from this, and that's just fine

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kainser posted:

They should do something like this for the future Vicky announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They should do something like this for the future Vicky announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K00DCK1l98

As long as they don't change the audio.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wait so what was the CK2 and EU4 DLCs?

CK2 was the Rajas of India - India added to the map, three new religions, so forth.

Edit - according to the CK2 thread anyway.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
EU4 was "Wealth of Nations": trade companies and some diplomacy stuff. Not clear t me beyond that

Jabu
Feb 11, 2004

There are no heroes left in man

Something like that.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Jeoh posted:

And Hearts of Iron 4!

Don't break my heart again paradox. :(

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Drone posted:

I'm actually cautiously optimistic for HoI4. The team has seemingly learned a lot about how to make a good game right off the bat, with two successful major title launches that have been very well-received. Hopefully the Paradox Curse has been lifted.

Quality control is definitely in a different world, but combat... isn't really something that's improved at all in terms of giving the player interesting choices. HOI3 suffers massively from (among other things) 'too many options, too little choice' in terms of army composition. CK2, V2 and EU4 are very much iterative improvements on the previous games and it works, HOI4 is something I'd assert needs a clean design slate to break away from the mistakes of its predecessor.

Who am I kidding I'll buy it no matter what.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Guildencrantz posted:

For one thing, I'm happy Runemaster isn't "viking-inspired" or "themed after Norse mythology" but, presumably, a straight-up, balls-out, axe-swinging beard-bristling game about Vikings.

Drone posted:

So let's take bets on how many provinces are in HoI4.

I'm gonna say at least 500 million.

Well, they have to do something with all the provinces they aren't putting into Runemaster!

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Will there be a fan gathering this year also? Can't find anything about it. I'm sure Wiz misses me.

Edit:

And what is this I hear about Hearts of Iron IV? Awesome news. It took me two years to even dare launch Hearts of Iron 3, but after spending six months learning the game I actually enjoyed playing it very much. So looking forward to seeing more.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 23, 2014

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Everything owns except HoI but hey it probably pays for the other games so go hog wild :v:

I would kill a man for Runemaster to basically be Norse/Viking Darklands. Best RPG ever :colbert:

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
East India Trade company, here we come :drac:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

RabidWeasel posted:

Everything owns except HoI but hey it probably pays for the other games so go hog wild :v:

I would kill a man for Runemaster to basically be Norse/Viking Darklands. Best RPG ever :colbert:

I was really, really, really hoping against hope that this was the case. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see a Darklands spiritual successor. :(

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Did I mention that I'm a complete loving idiot who sees what he wants to see? Because, y'know, I am.

Still hyped though. :colbert:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Where are the actual tweets/what-have-you about the EU4 and CK2 DLCs? I can't seem to find them.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Oh boy oh boy HOI IV! I hope it's way better :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ofaloaf posted:

Where are the actual tweets/what-have-you about the EU4 and CK2 DLCs? I can't seem to find them.
Buried way below the game announcement ones.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I hope to god HOI4 is good. I loved HOI2 and hung with HOI3 way longer than I probably should have.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Do we know when we'll get more announcements (ie features, release dates)?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm super hyped about the CK2 and EU4 DLC, but especially for Runemaster. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time PDS has made a game that isn't Grand Strategy, right?

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Never played Hoi 1 and 2, hated 3, yet I'm still hyped as gently caress for Hoi 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Pakled posted:

I'm super hyped about the CK2 and EU4 DLC, but especially for Runemaster. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time PDS has made a game that isn't Grand Strategy, right?

someone's forgetting the classic Airfix Dogfighter, the greatest pox game.

• Locked thread