Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The LoEG one is funnier. Someone post that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't read Achewood, so I'm biased towards his best webcomic mashup.

The other Achewood ones are here:
http://4thletter.net/2013/07/those-are-some-achewood-mashups-i-have/

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bloody Holly posted:

Batman does not trust the undead.

source on cover

Is this supposed to be a riff on Abbey Road?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And the whole 'John Lennon is secretly dead, but they can never tell the world except in secret messages on the album covers, where no censor would think to look!' thing.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Elfface posted:

And the whole 'John Lennon is secretly dead, but they can never tell the world except in secret messages on the album covers, where no censor would think to look!' thing.

It was Paul that was supposedly dead.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

And the hints come from the album cover of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Band apparently.

http://www.ispauldead.com/15601.html

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

On the subject of having to buy clothes if you have wings, I'm sure Janet Van Dyne has an entire line of clothes just for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

IUG posted:

And the hints come from the album cover of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Band apparently.

http://www.ispauldead.com/15601.html

This conspiracy theory must have the shortest debunking proof in history.

"Is Paul McCartney Dead?"
"No."

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

This conspiracy theory must have the shortest debunking proof in history.

"Is Paul McCartney Dead?"
"No."

The conspiracy is that Paul died and they replaced him with someone who looks a lot like him or something. I don't know why it is a thing.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gumby posted:

You really have to read all that in Dalek voices.

I read them in the voice of the Big Brians from Futurama.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Hakkesshu posted:

The conspiracy is that Paul died and they replaced him with someone who looks a lot like him or something. I don't know why it is a thing.

Yeah it's a pretty mad conspiracy theory.

But personally my favourite off the wall, music conspiracy theory is that Phil Collins witnessed someone commit a murder, was unable to stop the purpetrator, but rather than go to the police, wrote a hit song to try and guilt the murderer into confessing his crime.

I wish there was a Batman comic that dealt with THAT theory.

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/intheair.asp

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
In fairness, that is a creepy song with provocative lyrics.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Hakkesshu posted:

It's basically a case of some Beatles fans being unable to cope with one of their idols ageing ungracefully. Much easier to think that he died and the sinister record label replaced him with an imperfect duplicate.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

SilverSupernova posted:

The sight of Batman seriously contemplating the lyrics of I Am The Walrus is probably one f the funniest things I've seen in this thread.

Wasn't part of the story with that comic that Bruce is so against rock because when he was traveling the world he got hypnotized and fanboy'd with some punk rocker in England until he bumped into Lucius or something?

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Elfface posted:

The big reveal for that comic is great, if I remember right. Actually, Paul is alive. It's the other three Beatles who are dead- and Paul replaced them with robots!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Cock rings, the bunch of ya!"

Is The Nightbringer too proud to be Mandarin's cock ring? It's the 11th finger after all...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Dammit Who? posted:

The big reveal for that comic is great, if I remember right. Actually, Paul is alive. It's the other three Beatles who are dead- and Paul replaced them with robots!

They aren't robots, but yeah that's the case. It's kinda funny how little they change the characters from just being the real Beatles.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Marvel had at least one Skrull Beatle at some point and also Dr McNinja for webcomic fans.

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/11p20/

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

JediTalentAgent posted:

Wasn't part of the story with that comic that Bruce is so against rock because when he was traveling the world he got hypnotized and fanboy'd with some punk rocker in England until he bumped into Lucius or something?

So close, he was fanboying for some Sid Vicious stand in until he saw the Sid Vicious-type commit a murder.

edit: Also his dad said something against rock just before they went to the movies. That's about 90% of the reason for Bruce's hate-on for rock, the ONE MURDER being the other 10%.

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 23, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, there's a new issue of Hawkguygal out!

Hawkeye #16

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

muscles like this? posted:

Hawkeye #16

"You looked too, Bob."

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

FredMSloniker posted:

"You looked too, Bob."

The thing is, 90% of the time, they wouldn't look, and they'd be there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I know I probably don't even need to explain it, but the joke is even funnier because that lineup is the Champions, an actual obscure-rear end team.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

I know I probably don't even need to explain it, but the joke is even funnier because that lineup is the Champions, an actual obscure-rear end team.

Seventeen issues! There are way more obscure teams than that. :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That sounds like a terrible team. Iceman and Ghost Rider?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Eventually, they beefed up the roster with Darkstar and Black Goliath.

Yeah, Champions was dumb. Even Tony Isabella thinks so, and he wrote it!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It supposedly started out as a Iceman and Angel book where they hit the road in search of finding themselves, and somehow became Clusterfuck: The Book.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Hawkeye #16
Have I missed an issue? I'm still waiting on #15.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pilchenstein posted:

Have I missed an issue? I'm still waiting on #15.

Nope! 16 has come out before 15.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I guess Fraction's new thing is he's going to release all his 16s out of order. I'm pretty sure F4 16 should have come after FF 16. I don't know for sure though because I haven't been able to get a copy yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nope! 16 has come out before 15.

I hope next issue is 17 and then we get 15.NOW-INH#1

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hawkeye 15 is an Aja issue, while 16 is drawn by Annie Wu. She got her issue done but Aja is kind of slow so Marvel said screw it and just shipped 16.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Harley Quinn #2 is presented sans context.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I can't tell if I like Harley's book yet. It certainly has a unique (for DC) feel, but the first issue left me flat. #2 has the most overt innuendo ever fielded in regards to Harley and Ivy's 'relationship,' though.

I'm also not used to seeing Ivy that 'bubbly.' It's disturbing. Those are practically anime eyes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Is the issue about them discovering there is a Smilex gas-leak in the building? :ohdear:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I'm not getting Ivy's outfit. Is she wearing a black unitard and covering it with leaves? Is there a reason why only one boob is leafy or is that a trick of the lighting?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I can't tell if I like Harley's book yet. It certainly has a unique (for DC) feel, but the first issue left me flat. #2 has the most overt innuendo ever fielded in regards to Harley and Ivy's 'relationship,' though.

I'm also not used to seeing Ivy that 'bubbly.' It's disturbing. Those are practically anime eyes.

The only consistent difference I can tell between anime eyes and not is that anime eyes don't have a solid outline, so yeah she's way too anime to drive.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
All-New X-Men 22.NOW:

That last panel is great. As is poor Angel just trying to eat his burger while Jean unconsciously floats it away from him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is Silverboobs Emma's new codename?
Or are we talking about Mercury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I found myself enjoying it right about when Harley rescued the daschund in #1...but I love those dogs anyway.
What I really enjoy are the regular reminders that Harley isn't just some slightly unhinged airhead...she is a full-fledged, violent psychopath.

Who happens to be an airhead.

• Locked thread