Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
da_goob
Feb 21, 2012
GG, Jabro. Ended up being kind of a defensive struggle. Bengals win 20-10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

da_goob posted:

GG, Jabro. Ended up being kind of a defensive struggle. Bengals win 20-10

GG.. Your pass rush is intense, EA has Brady down pat. Give him some time he will pick you apart but as soon as his pocket collapses good luck on throwing the ball.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Holy poo poo I won with a team I have never played with.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
FAKE NFL CONTENT GIMME

:siren: Week 6, 2013 :siren:

AMERICA'S USER GAMES OF THE WEEK

Baldrash @ TheNardPuppy
Da_goob @ DiscountCleric
StevieLeeDFD @ fluffdaddy10
Zesty_Mordant @ BadLeRo
Dubious @ captaincapn :siren: OH poo poo
Cigarmoustache @ DastardSlivergun

:geno: Mercury Morris Watch :geno:

Redskins 4-0
Colts 5-0
Broncos 5-0 (still to play both of the other undefeated teams in the next two weeks)

Divisions

AFCN
Steelers 3-1
Bengals 3-2
Browns 2-3
Ravens 1-4

AFCS
lol

AFCE
Pats 4-1
Bills 4-1
Dolfs 3-2
Jets 2-3

AFCW
Broncos 5-0
Chargers 3-2
Chiefs 3-2
Raiders 2-3

NFCN
Lions 3-2
Vikes 2-3
Bears 2-3
Pack 0-4 rip ARod

NFCS
Panthers 3-1
Saints 3-2
Bucs 1-3
Falcons 0-5

NFCE
Skins 4-0
Giants 3-2
Boys 1-4
Eagles 1-4

NFCW
Cards 4-1
9ers 3-2
Rams 3-2
Hawx 2-3

Oberst fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 23, 2014

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Holy poo poo I won with a team I have never played with.

Ahhhh gently caress i just got home too. Lets scrim soon cause I feel bad missing the games

DUBIOUS

I WANT YOU

BEER VS BOWL

LETS DO THIS

IN FIFTEEN MINUTES

E: BROTHER

E2: if youre awake and not in too much pain feel better dude :glomp:

seventeen fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 23, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

seventeen posted:

Ahhhh gently caress i just got home too. Lets scrim soon cause I feel bad missing the games

DUBIOUS

I WANT YOU

BEER VS BOWL

LETS DO THIS

IN FIFTEEN MINUTES

E: BROTHER

E2: if youre awake and not in too much pain feel better dude :glomp:

Give me 20 minutes. I'll do this.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Dubious posted:

Give me 20 minutes. I'll do this.

Unpacking the ps3 now to open up a stoned out can of 49er whoop rear end

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't recognize Zesty_Mordant and he isn't on the team sheet. Is he new or a pubbie that snuck in?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Zesty is new guy, he's the lions in main league.

17 im getting on now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alrighty then. Zesty, when do you want to do this?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You available to play sometime tomorrow Cigar?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Cards over the Niners 41-31. Craziest game I've played.

Tebow is Mr Clutch - 387 yards 3TD in the air, 112 yards 2 TD on the ground :v:

My defense can't tackle for poo poo, but a Peterson INT and a Honey Badger INT in the end sealed it.

Can't wait for our next game!

E: That throw to Fitz at the end was just to get a first down and I didn't think he'd get that wide open, sorry :smith: With how crazy that game was I did not want to have to punt it.

E2: I just noticed the Tebow2Roberts hook up when you line drove that punt was a 100 yard TD :stare:

Dubious fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 23, 2014

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Dubious posted:

Cards over the Niners 41-31. Craziest game I've played.

Tebow is Mr Clutch - 387 yards 3TD in the air, 112 yards 2 TD on the ground :v:

My defense can't tackle for poo poo, but a Peterson INT and a Honey Badger INT in the end sealed it.

Can't wait for our next game!

E: That throw to Fitz at the end was just to get a first down and I didn't think he'd get that wide open, sorry :smith: With how crazy that game was I did not want to have to punt it.

No problem at all dude, my offense started snoozin at the end of the third and you must have greased up Turner because he was impossible to tackle. Great game, hilarious weird poo poo and a genuine AHHHH FUUUUUUUUUCK on my drive ending in the INT. I gotta change my playbook for D, 49ers formation selections are a tad suspect

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
I AM LITERALLY INCAPABLE OF COMPREHENDING ALTRUISM

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You available to play sometime tomorrow Cigar?

anytime so just pick

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Krypttx posted:

anytime so just pick

howbout 6 est?

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008

ok

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

With the Amazon bonus $20 PSN credit I traded M25 in. The $46 for it I could not pass it up. I forgot to take myself out of the league so please do it when you chance.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

jabro posted:

With the Amazon bonus $20 PSN credit I traded M25 in. The $46 for it I could not pass it up. I forgot to take myself out of the league so please do it when you chance.

You can trade in on Amazon now too?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Santheb posted:

You can trade in on Amazon now too?

It ends the end of the month.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
You ready chief?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

All the picks.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

jabro posted:

It ends the end of the month.

It's probably a pilot program and if it's successful (I hope it is), they'll unveil it as just a thing that they do from now on.

I hope they put GameStop out of business.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

It's probably a pilot program and if it's successful (I hope it is), they'll unveil it as just a thing that they do from now on.

I hope they put GameStop out of business.

Amazon has been accepting game trade ins for ever. This is just a promotion for extra PSN credit on top of your trade, after reading the fine print.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dubious posted:

Amazon has been accepting game trade ins for ever. This is just a promotion for extra PSN credit on top of your trade, after reading the fine print.

Well, ya learn something new every day, that's awesome! When I get home I'm gonna liquidate all my old games for sweet sweet Amazon :homebrew:.

I prefer owning games digitally anyway. My Steam backlog is almost at 200. :getin:

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008
good game. Romo chokejobs are a fitting end.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
you just reminded me to add you on steam...i forgot after the draft. http://steamcommunity.com/id/trillberg/ if anyone wants to add me.

btw, Rams take down Texans by intercepting their QBs 7 times (TJ Yates six times, Case Keenum one time when Yates got knocked out for a drive). Also Zac Stacy ran out the entire 3rd quarter clock (kickoff to a FG as time ran off at the end of the 3rd) to basically seal the win for me. Fluffdaddy ran an end around with Andre Johnson in the fourth quarter and picked up about 30 yards, but when he tried to cut back inside to get some extra yards he got laid out by James Laurinaitis. Torn bicep. I'm sorry.

I ran the option with Bradford a couple times, and the one time I kept it he ended up laying on the field motionless. I thought he was dead, but thanks to the 2QB glitch, he was back in on the next play.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

GG, Jesus I can't play defense.

Stevie Lee posted:

I ran the option with Bradford a couple times, and the one time I kept it he ended up laying on the field motionless. I thought he was dead, but thanks to the 2QB glitch, he was back in on the next play.

We should make 3 QBs mandatory in both leagues next season!

Having the threat of QB injuries spices up the game, and possibly makes people think twice about running the option as much.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

We should make 3 QBs mandatory in both leagues next season!

Having the threat of QB injuries spices up the game, and possibly makes people think twice about running the option as much.

I'm gonna run that poo poo into the ground regardless of injuries.

I'm not forcing 3 QBs on anyone due to EA's bad design. I don't want to carry 3 QBs when #53 can be a ST contributor, and QB salaries suck.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

you just reminded me to add you on steam...i forgot after the draft. http://steamcommunity.com/id/trillberg/ if anyone wants to add me.

Friended!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wampalord/ is mine. Yea, I'm real original.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Stevie Lee posted:

btw, Rams take down Texans by intercepting their QBs 7 times (TJ Yates six times, Case Keenum one time when Yates got knocked out for a drive). Also Zac Stacy ran out the entire 3rd quarter clock (kickoff to a FG as time ran off at the end of the 3rd) to basically seal the win for me. Fluffdaddy ran an end around with Andre Johnson in the fourth quarter and picked up about 30 yards, but when he tried to cut back inside to get some extra yards he got laid out by James Laurinaitis. Torn bicep. I'm sorry.

speaking of, add me on steam too - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964659484/

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008

No one can play defense.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Krypttx posted:

No one can play defense.

I was first in defense last year in the main league as the Bucs.

Haters gonna hate!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The Arizona Timothy Richard "Tim" Tebows don't need defense

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If we're steaming up the place: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Alucardinium

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dubious posted:

I'm not forcing 3 QBs on anyone due to EA's bad design. I don't want to carry 3 QBs when #53 can be a ST contributor, and QB salaries suck.

Well those are pretty bad reasons, there's enough garbage QBs to go around that salary is non-relevant, and there's no net effect if everyone is missing an extra ST guy.

You're choosing to reward running a pure college-style offense by removing the legitimate threat of having your signal caller brained when the glitch is preventable, which is disappointing.

Anyway I'm gonna check in next season when/if that poo poo gets fixed, thanks for having me chummers, was fun.

Luckily that Amazon deal is still running, going to turn a very lame profit on this bad boy.

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008

WampaLord posted:

I was first in defense last year in the main league as the Bucs.

Haters gonna hate!

Isn't ranking done in terms of yards?

Throwing picks on your own 20 = AWESOME D

How good you are at defense is really just a function of how many peyton Mannings / Jake Lockers you have to play.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am alright at defense. I am good at mixing up my blitzes and coverage packages.

My bane is throwing the football, just ask Stevie :qq:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Krypttx posted:

Isn't ranking done in terms of yards?

You're right, but I had a shitload of picks/fumble recoveries as well. I think I was 2nd in the league for turnover differential.

Krypttx posted:

Throwing picks on your own 20 = AWESOME D

Didn't you play me? My style is to march down the whole field and throw a pick just as I'm about to score, not to throw one right away. :v:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

You're right, but I had a shitload of picks/fumble recoveries as well. I think I was 2nd in the league for turnover differential.

Didn't you play me? My style is to march down the whole field and throw a pick just as I'm about to score, not to throw one right away. :v:

I like to fumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krypttx
Jan 25, 2008

Dubious posted:

I like to fumble

Me too. I mix in some INTs to keep it fresh but I like a good old fashioned faultless fumble, ideally committed by a Brace-for-hit RB.

• Locked thread