Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Wasn't part of the curse that Cain would have to walk the earth forever? Now that Dean has the mark does this make him immortal? Would make the whole burden thing pretty bad. Its the whole outliving everyone he cares about taken to 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's hard to say because the mark isn't usually the curse or anything, it's just a thing that says "Hey, this is Cain" so people know not to kill him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
This also turns season 5 on its head. In season 5 Dean was going to be the meatsuit for Michael and be an agent for heaven while Sam will be Lucifer. Now Sam has heavens grace and Dean is hanging with the Lord of Hell and cursed by God.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

What's the point of it even being a curse if you can transfer it to someone else?!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Midnight City posted:

What's the point of it even being a curse if you can transfer it to someone else?!

He still had it when he teleported Dean & Crowley out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Saveron_01 posted:

Quite interesting to see Supernatural ratings going up after all these years!

"Last night's Supernatural was the series' most watched episode (2.7M) in more than three years (10/15/10)."

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/01/22/supernatural-has-most-watched-episode-since-2010/231177/

This is the best news. Let's continue this crazy train for years! :dance:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Merlinicus posted:

I think Tara or whatever her name was is a throwaway character that won't come up again.

Well, of course she was a throwaway character. The demon peeled away her skin.

I'm just saying that Dean certainly isn't bucking the trend. He makes bad deal with some overpowered entity, someone dies, then he makes a worse decision.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

jscolon2.0 posted:

Dean has probably banked way more than 7 deaths by now. He should be good.

Hell, Mystery Spot took care of that problem...

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
I'm betting that the mark means Dean will turn into a Knight of Hell after he dies. Cain made it sound like Lucifer branded him with it as soon as their deal was complete, so that was just the logical progression in my mind, I dunno.

Then we'll have some arc where Dean tries to get rid of the mark because the last thing he wants is to have a "job" in Hell again :ohdear:

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
So it will be a hell being run by Crowley and Dean?

Sounds good to me.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

computer parts posted:

He still had it when he teleported Dean & Crowley out.

Yeah it didn't disappear from Cain when he added it to Dean, it looked like it was copied not transferred entirely.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

bull3964 posted:

Well, of course she was a throwaway character. The demon peeled away her skin.

I'm just saying that Dean certainly isn't bucking the trend. He makes bad deal with some overpowered entity, someone dies, then he makes a worse decision.

That's what the demon said. I mean I have a feeling it's probably true, but I generally don't trust the word of a demon about something like that unless they actually show the body and the person is clearly dead. Especially when it's something that would make a great intimidation tactic and throw Dean off balance.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Weren't Dean and Sam descended from Caine? I thought I remember Micheal telling Dean about a bloodline extending all the way from Abel and Caine.

edit; here it is, at :35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq4hwo88uLU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Well yeah, but so did everyone else.

I was really hoping that the "residual grace" thing meant that Castiel was going to drill right through the Helo strata and bust into some residual Lucifer.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Subterfrugal posted:

Well yeah, but so did everyone else.

I was really hoping that the "residual grace" thing meant that Castiel was going to drill right through the Helo strata and bust into some residual Lucifer.

It's ambiguous, but most likely Adam and Eve were not the only humans in existence at the time just the first created. Kind of depends on how you translate the actual word Adam (man), which is usually used in a collective sense like "mankind." So it's entirely possible there are other bloodlines that don't include Cain and Abel.

That's an interesting idea though, since Lucifer is technically an angel and all.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
An interesting end to Supernatural, if they were to end this season, would be for both Dean and Sam to take over Hell and Heaven and become the new rulers.

Dean via the Mark (somehow) and Sam via the grace (maybe it lets him steal angel grace). I think it would be a fitting end to have them be eternal enemies or, hey, stray away from the heaven/hell war and finally unite both sides? Gettin fanfictiony in here allofasudden.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

No way is the CW going to let this show go that easily, what with it beating two major networks in the important demos.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.
I think Cain is the most interesting character that Supernatural has added in a long time. I never found any of the leviathans very interesting. Even though I'm a fan of both Tahmoh Penikett and Curtis Armstrong, I find both Metatron and Gadriel to be pretty meh as well. Whereas I think they've done a really good job of taking the story of Cain, expanding on it and slipping it into the Supernatural world.

I'm not that familiar with Timothy Omundson, but I think he did a great job. Have never really watched Psych, but I thought he did a really good job on Deadwood as well.

I hope that Cain wasn't just a one shot deal because the show could use a jolt either plot or character-wise.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Pierce Brosnan would've made a better Cain :colbert:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

WastedJoker posted:

Pierce Brosnan would've made a better Cain :colbert:

Sean Bean for Abel, then.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Sean Bean for Abel, then.

Sean Bean? I've heard he's a right nasty bastard.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Balthesar posted:

An interesting end to Supernatural, if they were to end this season, would be for both Dean and Sam to take over Hell and Heaven and become the new rulers.

Dean via the Mark (somehow) and Sam via the grace (maybe it lets him steal angel grace). I think it would be a fitting end to have them be eternal enemies or, hey, stray away from the heaven/hell war and finally unite both sides? Gettin fanfictiony in here allofasudden.
They are setting up Castiel to be the new ruler of heaven since he understands humans now. Something will happen with hell, all those humans souls locked up for eternity has got to get Castiel all misty eyed. I could see Dean taking over hell since he's marked by a knight of hell now, he kills Crowley or turns him human and demons start following him and he uses that ritual to start turning demons back into humans. Bobby shows up and calls them idgits for killing the host, not that the show gives a poo poo about the host any more.

What up with demons fighting Sam and Dean? Everybody else has trouble with a single demon while Sam and Dean can easily take on multiple demons. Is it because the angels made sure they were born and they did something to them or has the quality of demons just dropped like a rock?

Yaos fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 24, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Yaos posted:

What up with demons fighting Sam and Dean? Everybody else has trouble with a single demon while Sam and Dean can easily take on multiple demons. Is it because the angels made sure they were born and they did something to them or has the quality of demons just dropped like a rock?

They had about the same amount of trouble until they got the magic dagger in season 3.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hope and vaseline posted:

No way is the CW going to let this show go that easily, what with it beating two major networks in the important demos.

They recently said that the show can literally stay on as long as the people behind it want.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

frgildan posted:

Wasn't part of the curse that Cain would have to walk the earth forever? Now that Dean has the mark does this make him immortal? Would make the whole burden thing pretty bad. Its the whole outliving everyone he cares about taken to 10.

Next season we timejump and reboot the show as Supernatural: 2514 with Immortal Dean, Ghost Sam, and Cas in THE FUTURE. :swoon:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It's official:

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/the-originals-supernatural-fuel-cws-tuesday-turnaround-1201068517/

quote:

“Supernatural” on Tuesday hunted down its largest audience since October 2010 while hitting a five-year high in female teens (1.6/6) — viewers who were playing with their Bratz dolls when the show debuted on The WB in the fall of 2005.

“Supernatural” has been renewed for a 10th season, which will include the show’s 200th episode.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Through some manner of black magic this show has managed to somehow be consistently good for 9 years, so I'm excited!

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

So when is this Spin-off episode supposed to happen? Anything been said about that recently?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Den of Lies posted:

So when is this Spin-off episode supposed to happen? Anything been said about that recently?

They mentioned late in the season, last I heard was around episode 20.

Stoked for a tenth season, and really stoked for a 200th episode.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Apparently Beliebers boycotted the last episode, which led to the aforementioned best ratings in years. http://cheezburger.com/95492

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

If Supernatural gets 218 episodes it will be the longest running sci fi American show beating Smallville!!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

If Supernatural gets 218 episodes it will be the longest running sci fi American show beating Smallville!!

Good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Astroman posted:

Next season we timejump and reboot the show as Supernatural: 2514 with Immortal Dean, Ghost Sam, and Cas in THE FUTURE. :swoon:

I would love to watch this, especially if it airs as part of a rare double block between that and "vanilla" Supernatural.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Astroman posted:

Imagine all the sulking over the fact that Sam will inevitably turn into an insane vengeance ghost, as all ghosts do. :rolleyes: They don't trust him because he's going crazy, and he's going crazy because they don't trust him. It practically writes itself.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Jared plays the cello
(This is from Mark Sheppard's twitter)

The cast of this show is the only reason I've ever considered making a twitter account. Maybe someday :allears:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

CHiRAL posted:

Jared plays the cello
(This is from Mark Sheppard's twitter)

The cast of this show is the only reason I've ever considered making a twitter account. Maybe someday :allears:

Ola mishamigos! J2 got me good. Really starting to feel like one of the guys.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Astroman posted:

Needs more Crowley.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

bobkatt013 posted:

Needs more Crowley.

I would lit'rally never stop watching a Crowley spinoff.

FowlTheOwl
Nov 5, 2008

O thou precious owl,
The wise Minervas only fowl

Junior G-man posted:

I would lit'rally never stop watching a Crowley spinoff.

Deal or No Deal: Crowley Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I'm surprised we've not had a Telltale Supernatural game yet. Get on the ball producers.

• Locked thread