Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Me in Reverse posted:

ISO Forgotten Island since at this point I am comfortable describing my bottle as "stolen" by a Goon trustee

Holy poo poo, that sucks. Who stole your poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
Man, I just sent you a Dark Lord.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Me in Reverse posted:

ISO Forgotten Island since at this point I am comfortable describing my bottle as "stolen" by a Goon trustee

drat dude, that's terrible! Though I'm not doing shipping trades anymore, if you could warn people as to who it was that would be helpful so we avoid them in the future...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Re: Bad Trader

I'll post ITT should he ever start posting in beer threads again. I'm not going to call him out because he hasn't outright said he's stealing my bottle, he's just had a lot of excuses and reasons to not ship, or have attempted to ship but failed. He's in FL near CCB, FWIW.

In other news, Forest & Main is releasing Marius, a Peach and a Plum (2 variants) wine-BA saison this weekend, $12 per 375ml.

I'll have a couple to trade for goons.

Specifically ISO Beatification and Forgotten Island, open to other offers.

Beat you to it, Hatful.

Apparently I touched a nerve, Jesus.

It's Fuzzy Pipe Wrench.

I feel bad because he has been "trying" but I'm probably being too nice and naive, so whatever. There you go.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 28, 2014

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Well why don't you just call them out for acting shady then? It is so drat annoying when people mention getting ripped off but refuse to name names. It puts other members of the community at risk for no reason. What if the dude messages someone for a trade rather than posting in the thread? How about if he signs up for the BIF and you don't notice in time to call him out? Either let us know who we need to watch out for or save us all the sob story of how you kinda maybe got ripped off by your trustee.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeafHouse posted:

Well why don't you just call them out for acting shady then? It is so drat annoying when people mention getting ripped off but refuse to name names. It puts other members of the community at risk for no reason. What if the dude messages someone for a trade rather than posting in the thread? How about if he signs up for the BIF and you don't notice in time to call him out? Either let us know who we need to watch out for or save us all the sob story of how you kinda maybe got ripped off by your trustee.

I agree, only because while you may call him out if he posts things, whats to stop him from PMing other posters who initiate trades in this thread? At worst, the guy will be forced to ship first in trades to ensure that he is legit.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Swickles, check your PMs!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Edit: Wrong thread.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 30, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

E: nvm

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 1, 2014

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Hey Chicago, I know this is the beer trading thread, but I'm looking for a bottle of Malort. PM me and let's make a deal!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Hey Chicago, I know this is the beer trading thread, but I'm looking for a bottle of Malort. PM me and let's make a deal!

I totally have an unopened bottle...

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

danbanana posted:

I totally have an unopened bottle...

Send it to me.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Send it to me.

Why? So you'll taste it and then be angry at me? I don't need more enemies, man.

PMing you.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I had Malort last week for the first time and it wasn't half bad. I was expecting something absolutely disgusting but it was pretty smooth. Between that and getting tamales from the Tamale Guy I was p. much Chicago as gently caress that night.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Anyone in NYC up for an in person trade? I'm there next week.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Iso Jamaican Blue Mtn Speedway Stout

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

Me in Reverse posted:

Iso Jamaican Blue Mtn Speedway Stout

I should be able to finagle the max of these, maybe 2x the max if my coworker's down with being a mule again.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

I can't remember which of you Chicago dudes has mass VSBs, but: FT: 2012 Fou Foune, ISO: VSB, 1:1.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Anyone have any interest in Bells Eccentric Ale '07 and '08? I have no idea if they're actually good or not, and I know a lot of people haven't even heard of them, but they're old vintage and tickers gotta tick! So I figure someone might be interested. I'm open to anything but I would love any of this year's 12 oz. bourbon county variants, interesting sours/wilds, or HotD Fred (drat I love that beer).

Side note: Did Fuzzy Pipe Wrench ever make good on that trade?

Sublimer fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 14, 2014

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sublimer posted:

Side note: Did Fuzzy Pipe Wrench ever make good on that trade?

No. He's also blocked me (I think) on Skype.

Anyway,

FT: Tired Hands Out of the Emptiness, Back Into the Emptiness.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

That's lovely. Someone with a shitload of disposable income need to buy that guy some terrible red text.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Iso: Nugget Nectar, Perpetual IPA FT: My love. Also, Chicago beer.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LeafHouse posted:

Iso: Nugget Nectar, Perpetual IPA FT: My love. Also, Chicago beer.

I can probably cover you for that. Will know for sure by Monday once I'm back home and can check my store!

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Podima posted:

I can probably cover you for that. Will know for sure by Monday once I'm back home and can check my store!

Awesome! I've been waiting for a chance to get my vengeance for that BIF... Muahahahaha!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

If Podima falls through I'm probably going to be at Troegs next weekend. Let me know if you need a hookup.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LeafHouse posted:

Awesome! I've been waiting for a chance to get my vengeance for that BIF... Muahahahaha!

Ok, stopped by my store on the way home today and got a sixer of Perpetual and two NN bombers. ("they come in bombers?!" you might say - that was my reaction too)

If that works for you let me know and we can handle the rest via PM - if you're holding out for 12ozs of NN, Me In Reverse can probably hook you up and I'll just have to drink all of this myself. :)

(Note: Perpetual is a shelf turd here so if you want more than one six pack of that I can easily hook you up)

cereal eater
Aug 25, 2008

I'd save these, if I wanted too

ps i dont deserve my 'king' nickname
ISO: Delicious sours, local fare, stuff I've never had. Russian River, Upland are two I see discussed in the other beer threads, I would love to try those, or any hard to get Belgians.

FT: Heres my cellar for an idea of the Breweries I have access to:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agt8Wbqc0c3sdEtLLU9ldTR5bUVKOUQtNnh0QWlfbVE&usp=sharing

There's a lot I'd rather not trade from that list, and anything in red is something I'm hesitant to trade or is spoken for ('06 WWS is spoken for, but I might get cold feet on trading it... sorry Sublimer I'm a newbie)

I also have about 10 heady toppers (allegedly 3 weeks old) and 6 hopslams in my fridge.

PM me if this sounds like something you're interested in.

cereal eater fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 24, 2014

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

Podima posted:

Ok, stopped by my store on the way home today and got a sixer of Perpetual and two NN bombers. ("they come in bombers?!" you might say - that was my reaction too)

If that works for you let me know and we can handle the rest via PM - if you're holding out for 12ozs of NN, Me In Reverse can probably hook you up and I'll just have to drink all of this myself. :)

(Note: Perpetual is a shelf turd here so if you want more than one six pack of that I can easily hook you up)

Sounds great to me! I had no idea they released it in bombers but that works fine.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have a growler of Alpine Keene Idea that was filled on Friday, Feb. 28. I believe that this is if not the first then one of the very few times that Keene has been allowed to be let go in growlers; primarily looking for other IPAs such as Double Galaxy or Double Sunshine. Also open to any AWAs or lambics :v: .

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Furious Lobster posted:

I have a growler of Alpine Keene Idea that was filled on Friday, Feb. 28. I believe that this is if not the first then one of the very few times that Keene has been allowed to be let go in growlers; primarily looking for other IPAs such as Double Galaxy or Double Sunshine. Also open to any AWAs or lambics :v: .

Pat is looking at this post right now and shaking his fists angrily.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Angry Grimace posted:

Pat is looking at this post right now and shaking his fists angrily.

I'm planning on drinking the other one at a friend's birthday dinner in a couple of days so half of the allotment will be staying in SoCal.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead

Furious Lobster posted:

I'm planning on drinking the other one at a friend's birthday dinner in a couple of days so half of the allotment will be staying in SoCal.

Lobster, message me at Honus Wagner on ratebeer.

DoTheEvolution
Mar 18, 2009
This is my first foray into beer trading. Below is a link to my cellar.

http://www.beercellar.me/cellar/SpookySwitch

Everything is negotiable. I'm in CT which is really spotty for distribution, so I'm looking for some of the bigger names that I haven't been able to try. Any Three Floyds or The Bruery beers that are worth trying pitch to me and we can most likely make a deal. If anyone wants something from the New England area I love taking beer road trips, so I'm not against going up to Hill Farmstead to make a trip for you guys.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

DoTheEvolution posted:

If anyone wants something from the New England area I love taking beer road trips, so I'm not against going up to Hill Farmstead to make a trip for you guys.

Your inbox is about to explode

:can:

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
FT: Prairie Bomb, Prairie Coffee Noir, Prairie Vanilla Noir, JK Atrial

ISO: King Henry, Pirate Bomb, BCBS Rare, Struisse Pannepot Grand Reserva, BA Stouts, things that sound awesome that I haven't had, smoky beers I haven't had.

I honestly don't mean to imply that I'll only take those listed beers. I just don't want to be the guy that says, "I have x, make offers." In truth, I've only tried one of the ISO beers I listed, and just want to try new things.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 8, 2014

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Eh, what the hell.

ISO: Hunahpu, just looking for regular but would not turn down the DB version as well

FT: Logsdon Peche n Brett, Upright Jeux D'eau, Double Mountain Krieks, Ale Apothecary stuff, Cascade brewery-only stuff, a few HotD brewery-only releases, etc.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
ISO: Jester King Cerveza de Tempranillo & Montmorency vs Balaton, Hunahpu or DB Hunahpu, anything super cool that I can't get in OH

FT: BORIS VanWink, '13 BA Blackout, other stuff. I have a pretty extensive cellar, so let me know what you're looking for if you have these beers. I work for Hoppin Frog, so I have almost anything we've released.

e: Also have Jackie O's sours I'd consider trading, all with around 400 bottle count.

Kudosx fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 11, 2014

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Is anyone in or near Maine or have access to Oxbow? I'm interested in trying their bottles. Especially Synthesis, Arboreal, Blended Oxtoberfest, and Cletus. But I'd be up for anything. I've tried regular Oxtoberfest, Loretta, and Space Cowboy.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
anybody in South Carolina? i'd very much like a bottle each of the new Westbrook Siberian Black Magic Panther beers and i've got a long list of things i'd be happy to trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
From the BIF thread lots of people who sent from Chicago sent Straight Jacket and it looks like all you Chicago peeps say it's really drat good and seems to be fairly available. Anyone willing to trade some? Basically ISO: Straight Jacket FT: DC/VA/MD distribution beers. PM if ya have any interest.

• Locked thread