Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

G Prestige posted:

My character was brand new. I had just hit level 70 on Dragoon and had only done the Maat quests, chocobo quest and rank missions up to 5. Unless those counted towards it, I didn't do any other quests.

They probably changed it and I did not read about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
NEW AND RETURNING GOONS: DO YOU NEED SEALS FOR YOUR EMPYREAN +1 ARMOR? DO YOU HAVE 30 HIGH KINDRED CRESTS (or 60 of any other seal to swap with Shemo?)

The bonus drop campaign from certain BCNMs ends on the 14th, so this weekend I'll be available to solo the HKCNM30 Taurassic Park for anyone who needs to get their seals. All you need to do is provide the orb to let us into the BC, once I'm in I normally solo the BC in under 3 minutes. All 5 mobs in the BC will drop a guaranteed loot pool of various scrolls (GEO spells, Raise III, Utsu: Ni, Phalanx, Ancient Magic, etc) alongside a Kupon for either a full set of seals for one armor piece of your choice OR a Kupon for a cape/torque from Sea in addition to the loot from the final chest.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

CubsWoo posted:

NEW AND RETURNING GOONS: DO YOU NEED SEALS FOR YOUR EMPYREAN +1 ARMOR? DO YOU HAVE 30 HIGH KINDRED CRESTS (or 60 of any other seal to swap with Shemo?)

The bonus drop campaign from certain BCNMs ends on the 14th, so this weekend I'll be available to solo the HKCNM30 Taurassic Park for anyone who needs to get their seals. All you need to do is provide the orb to let us into the BC, once I'm in I normally solo the BC in under 3 minutes. All 5 mobs in the BC will drop a guaranteed loot pool of various scrolls (GEO spells, Raise III, Utsu: Ni, Phalanx, Ancient Magic, etc) alongside a Kupon for either a full set of seals for one armor piece of your choice OR a Kupon for a cape/torque from Sea in addition to the loot from the final chest.

I would like to get the whm body and legs for my mule. Is this offer still good?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
To goons with Neo-Limbus experience, is it feasible for dnc or bst to solo the bosses there? I'd like to try for a patentia sash sometime, but I have to assume it wouldn't still be 6M if it was that easy to get.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

To goons with Neo-Limbus experience, is it feasible for dnc or bst to solo the bosses there? I'd like to try for a patentia sash sometime, but I have to assume it wouldn't still be 6M if it was that easy to get.

I would think BST with an appropriate ilvl axe (Eminent, Bee axe, whatever) and the boar pet would be able to clear the Bata side. The main limiting factor would be getting Metal Chips.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

It really is pretty easy. I could solo it on my thf, and Jamie and I have duoed the zone both thf mnk and thf bst.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Wow yeah that was really easy. Fifteen mins of work and I got the sash. I only lost one pet to mortal ray, didn't even have to use a reward.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Solo'd the long arm chariot last night after getting brainjacked twice during the fight. :feelsgood: 2 down, 2 more wins to go. Only 21 alex including pouches

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Is there any consensus yet on how difficulty affects AA item drops? I'd like to attempt the mithra solo on VE, just curious if it's even possible to get the axe or mask on that difficulty.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Is there any consensus yet on how difficulty affects AA item drops? I'd like to attempt the mithra solo on VE, just curious if it's even possible to get the axe or mask on that difficulty.

http://sqex.to/xv3

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
If you mean the new armor/weapons that come from the AA fights, they can drop at any difficulty, but on difficult or very difficult, 1 drops 100% of the time, with a chance for a second piece. On VE or E, they are very rare though.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Cool, thanks for the replies. I'm kind of pumped to try out dnc/run soon. Dancer's self heals and -pdt combined with the magic resist of run seems like an interesting combo.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
A piece of advice for Mithra: she always charms at 40%, but if you kill her pet, and then push her over 40% with a weapon skill, she usually won't charm, and you can kill her normally from there.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Newer goons on your first or second level 99 job - do you need cash for a relic, to get reforge pieces to push your AF gear to 119 or to powerlevel a craft? Don't want to have to blow 2 hours in Dynamis every day or fund the Brosale army (however, if you do buy gil it's around $2.50/million right now if you trust your information to the Chinese) and want a product that sells super fast?

Then I recommend Soloing Salvage - Arrapago Remnants II. It's pretty brainless for almost all DD jobs, takes about an hour of your time per day and will usually net you well over a million gil in quick-selling Alexandrite. There are a few prerequisites, though:

- You need to be on or past ToAU mission 17 - this can be done very easily by any level 99 character in a few days of forced JP midnight waits.
- A Salvage permit costs 500 Assault points (easily earned either through soloing any PSC assault or exchanging a RoE copper voucher for 1000 Assault Points) and you can get one permit per JP midnight wait.
- You'll want your level 99 job to be mostly merited (especially your merited WS, if applicable, plus things like crit rate/combat skill/job merits that boost damage.)
- You'll want at minimum a full set of job-appropriate RoE Spark gear (Espial/Outrider, jobs with MP may want Wayfarer for an idle set) and basic accessories like a Haste belt to get you to the cap, rings/earrings/back pieces with appropriate stats, etc.
- Each run you should eat food (I recommend yellow/red curry buns or Marinara Pizza) and bring Remedies. You may want a means of Reraise to be safe your first few times in.
- If you aren't using a job that can cast Pro/Shell, it helps to buy scrolls of Instant Protect and Instant Shell from the Peacekeeper's Coalition in Eastern Adoulin. They're 1000 Bayld each, easily earned by doing a few coalition assignments.
- Most people will sub DNC for this, but a few jobs (BLU, PUP, maybe RUN) can get away with subbing THF. If you aren't subbing DNC, be sure to bring oils and powders to get around safely (or just give 800% and don't worry about it!)

Here is my recommended farming path, following the floor layout here: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Arrapago_Remnants_II - I will also include extra farming opportunites for more Alex/Salvage plans/chances at Cotton Purses for people with better gear or want to spend more time in the zone. A 'skip it all' run will net you ~10 Alex plus 1-2 Linen Purses (50-99 Alex in each) in 30-40 minutes. A nearly full clear will get you ~50 Alex, 0-4+ Cotton Purses (5-20 Alex) and 1-2 Linen Purses in ~70-90 minutes. None of the cotton purses are guaranteed (at best 10% drop rate,) and only one of the two Linens is guaranteed (if you meet certain requirements.) Also note that you get a full HP/MP restore after each teleport up - use this to your advantage.

Floor 1

Unlock what's available at the lamp. You'll always get your main/sub weapon, JA/WS, Magic, and SJ, plus 1 random equip slot, 2 attributes and either HP or MP.

Kill Vultures until you get your Head/Neck and Back/Waist unlocks. Head to the west hallway and kill the Merrow Kabukidancer. Double back south to the leeches and kill them until you get Ranged and Rings/Earrings. Kill the Marrow Shadowdancer in the next south hallway. If you have both MP and Hands unlocked, sneak/invis up and head to the southwest teleport. If you didn't get both, just sneak to the next Merrow in the SW loop and kill it, then sneak past the next leeches and port up. There is a possible NM spawn on this floor but it takes forever to do so I suggest ignoring it.

Floor 2

Unlock anything you didn't get from the Merrows via the lamp (Legs/Feet, Hands, MP), sneak/invis past the mobs, open the door and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill the Merrow and Lamia in the room you start in, then open the door and kill the 4 Archaic Gear in the hallways, then the fifth gear that pops near the teleporter. Each of the 4 gears can drop single Alex, and the 5th can drop a Cotton Purse.

Floor 3

Go west and kill Flytraps until you unlock DEX/AGI/MND, double back east and kill Qutrubs until you unlock INT, sneak/invis north past the Qutrubs and Lamia and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill the Acrolith that pops among the Qutrub, and kill the single Archaic Gear that spawns among the Lamia to pop a second Archaic Gear NM in the room with the teleporter to go up. Both NMs can drop Cotton Purses.

Floor 4

Head west from the teleport in, kill a Lamia Fatedealer to get VIT and CHR (if you don't get one or the other, don't worry, you should be able to unlock it on the next floor's lamp,) head back east to the teleporter room, open the door and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill all 3 Acroliths that spawn in the room before the Lamia, then kill both Lamia Fatedealers and Lamia Dartists to spawn Lamia Spoliator, then kill it. 4 chances at Cotton Purses.

Floor 5

Follow the path, killing Archaic Gears until you get your Body slot unlock. When you get to the large room, fight an Archaic Rampart in one of the four corners until it does Reinforcements (this will spawn 7 Archaic Gears,) kill the Rampart, then kill Gears until you get a STR unlock, then head east to the teleporter and port up.

BONUS FARM: All single gears on this floor have a chance to drop 1 Alex. All Ramparts and triple Gears are guaranteed to drop 1 Alex, with a chance for 2. For newer players, attempting a full clear of floor 5 is difficult and dangerous - you run the risk of linking all 7 Gears when you pull and even in upper-tier gear, it can occasionally be overwhelming. A full clear of the floor will guarantee you 32 Alex, but 40+ due to double drops/single gear drops isn't out of the question. If you're unsure of your kill speed or survivability, try one Rampart/Gears spawn with Reraise on.

Floor 6

IMPORTANT: You must be able to kill the Armored Chariot in under 3 minutes from when you aggro/engage it. Save TP from the previous floor if possible, or kill an Archaic Chariot to build TP first. Check that your food is still active, and pop your Instant Protect/Instant Shell scrolls if you bought them.

Find the Armored Chariot, engage it, and kill it in under three minutes. Move to the Archaic Rampart in the south portion of the zone, engage it and allow it to use Reinforcements. If it spawns an Archaic Chariot, you killed Armored Chariot too slowly. If it spawns Khimaira, you're good - in either case, kill the Rampart and then whatever spawned from it (~10% chance of Linen Purse from Khim.) Head North and port up to the final floor. Note that Khim can use Fulmination at low HP, so have Remedies ready to counter the very strong Paralyze. Fight Khim on the side to avoid his other bad TP moves (Plague Swipe and Fossilizing Breath.)

BONUS FARM: There are 7 roaming Archaic Chariots on the floor that drop 1 Alex guaranteed with a chance at 2.

Floor 7

Final floor, only one mob - either Khim (if you screwed up Armored Chariot) or Khrysokhimaira Elder (if you didn't.) Elder is guaranteed to drop a Linen, NQ Khim can drop one at the same rate as floor 6 Khim. Elder is marginally more difficult, but not to any extreme. Fight him the same way you fight NQ Khim and feel free to use your 1 hour abilities to speed it up.

If you decide to do this and want an easy way to sell your farm, for the forseeable future I will be buying all Alex at 10,000 gil each. You can probably sell it for ~12k or so in Upper Jeuno and maybe find a buyer but just looking at FFXIAH there's ~3600 Alex up there for that price or higher that nobody making a Mythic is buying. Whether you sell to me or to the open market I hope this helps you get a little richer and a little more geared up!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hit up Walk of Echoes if you need gil before the daily login thing overflows the market. The money is good, it's easy to do and you can run it an unlimited amount of times.

It's also a lot more forgiving of an event if you're not experienced with soloing.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

If you decide to do this and want an easy way to sell your farm, for the forseeable future I will be buying all Alex at 10,000 gil each. You can probably sell it for ~12k or so in Upper Jeuno and maybe find a buyer but just looking at FFXIAH there's ~3600 Alex up there for that price or higher that nobody making a Mythic is buying. Whether you sell to me or to the open market I hope this helps you get a little richer and a little more geared up!

As soon as Jamie stops Dicking with my marrow stock pile, i'll be buying at a hard cap of 12k per, grabbing any and all i can.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I was doing a bit of drinking last night, got into a pick up einherjar party, SATA'd the healer. Still got the win.

All in all it wasn't bad.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

Hit up Walk of Echoes if you need gil before the daily login thing overflows the market. The money is good, it's easy to do and you can run it an unlimited amount of times.

It's also a lot more forgiving of an event if you're not experienced with soloing.

Are there are a few that are better for money drops than others? I've been doing a couple that are supposed to drop pouches according to wiki, but all I ever seem to get is crap and 1 or 2 coins of whatever.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Are there are a few that are better for money drops than others? I've been doing a couple that are supposed to drop pouches according to wiki, but all I ever seem to get is crap and 1 or 2 coins of whatever.

WoE suffers from Voidwatch Drop Syndrome where you're going to get ~5k in NPCables from most clears and while it's OK solo, especially if you have a job that can do Hydra -> Amph -> Harpy on an infinite loop it's a much better choice for people who can bring 2-3+ characters and get multiple chests rewards from each clear.

But yeah now that people are getting the bigger login point amounts coin/die/residue prices are going to come down pretty hard.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

WoE suffers from Voidwatch Drop Syndrome where you're going to get ~5k in NPCables from most clears and while it's OK solo, especially if you have a job that can do Hydra -> Amph -> Harpy on an infinite loop it's a much better choice for people who can bring 2-3+ characters and get multiple chests rewards from each clear.

But yeah now that people are getting the bigger login point amounts coin/die/residue prices are going to come down pretty hard.

Ah that makes sense. DNC/RUN is pretty great for it, with FD up and the appropriate runes you can pretty much sleep through the fights.

New update is looking good so far. Pets will be made more effective. Pet updates are always welcome. I thought it would be cool if they gave bst an ability or trait like recycle/infinite shot to allow them to use a jug without consuming it occasionally. That way you'd have an incentive to bust out some of the more exotic jugs once in a while.

arkma
May 30, 2001

CubsWoo posted:

... Salvage Soloing ...

Thanks for the guide; Dynamis farming was starting to get really, really boring and I have been looking for an alternative for making gil. Much appreciated.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

The update has a lot of cool stuff in it but just about everything Windower related is busted post-patch so unload most/all of your plugins and wait for fixes to come out.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

The update has a lot of cool stuff in it but just about everything Windower related is busted post-patch so unload most/all of your plugins and wait for fixes to come out.

Spellcast still works, so at least I can get my enf up past 259 :gimp:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If any goons have Plutons to sell, I'd suggest dumping them quick. A new RoE quest gives you a pluton box for completing and well prices are gonna drop hard real soon.

Paws for Help
Dec 22, 2002

I'll be cross w/ u if you cuss.

LiquidFriend posted:

If any goons have Plutons to sell, I'd suggest dumping them quick. A new RoE quest gives you a pluton box for completing and well prices are gonna drop hard real soon.

My plutons! This is not going to be good for my pocketbook.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003

Paws for Help posted:

Your fortune in plutons may be on shaky ground, but your fortune in my heart will endure.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paws for Help posted:

Please consider your financial options very carefully :)

Paws for Help
Dec 22, 2002

I'll be cross w/ u if you cuss.

LiquidFriend posted:

Please consider your financial options very carefully :)

I keep meaning to update and come visit, but then in my carelessness I forget.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
:homebrew: :20bux: :20bux: :homebrew:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Can I borrow that to skill up club real quick

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
lol

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Can I borrow that money to uh spend

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Can I borrow that money to uh spend

That's one of three mules, the other two have at least 1-200m on them in gil, alex or dyna coin.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Can I borrow that to skill up club real quick

Sold it for about 65m :v:

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

frodnonnag posted:

the other two have at least 1-200m on them in gil, alex or dyna coin.

:wth: Holy poo poo!!

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

frodnonnag posted:

Sold it for about 65m :v:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your primary method of making money? Crafting? Or something else

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

G Prestige posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your primary method of making money? Crafting? Or something else

In this case, a shitload of umbral marrows I got for really. loving. Cheap, and jumped them to a buncha servers to sell at 7m plus. At the moment, our server is at 5 mil apiece.
If you're looking to make money at the moment, there's lowmanning adl (I'm gonna look into a ypyd setup) or spamming the 20 skc bcnm or aa fights for mats. Soon, after another upcoming marrow run I'm gonna be offering gil straight up for zeni farms and PW pop sets. Once nirvana is past the Alex and solo fight, I'll be pushing that.

You could also dynamis farm, salvage farm, or get a Hak fish bot going. Each nets 1 to 3+ a day depending on effort, luck and skill/gear.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Please help me, make gil that is. :)

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Salvage and Dyna are really good money right now.

If you follow the Salvage guide posted earlier you can get 90-230+ Alexandrite per run depending on luck. I sell mine nightly at 12k a pop, so you are looking at 1-3mil there.

Dynamis currency is on the rise. A month ago Bynes were 3k each and most other currency was 5-6k each. Now Bynes are 6-7k and the others are 8-9k. You can get 100-300 currency each run, depending on competition (which is less these days). So you are looking at another 600k-2.7mil depending on amount and what currency drops.

1.6-6mil a day easy. Only takes 3 hours.

As Frod says fishing is also great money. I bring in 1-2mil a day there, taking 1 day off a week to fish/craft bait.

Delve is also a great money maker. Airlixer+2 sell for 800k right now. Each run nets you about 600k worth of that, so you need to do 2+ to cash out.

Reforged AF items are also decent money. Look at the wikis and see what the crafting items needed to make them are. Some items are over 1mil. These won't be as easy to farm, but you can burn seals on some easy fights for a chance at the lesser drops.

So yeah money is really easy to make these days, no need to RMT.

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Soon as I get my desktop running again I'm going to get this booted up on steam, and try to recall my account/friends as well. Out of the MMOs out, is this top 5 in terms of population on the servers?