Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I tried to read the Warframe balance forums but it did damage to my brain.

They argue about how bows should do less damage than sniper rifles because that's realistic and also bows don't need to reload. Also if the lanka is a laser or railgun and the physics of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
:goonsay:It's probably a coilgun, judging from the flavor text, but if nerds argue about physics in a game where space samurai stab fascist stormtroopers in the face, they're dumb.

I feel bad for voting against the chain whip, since the other whips are trash at this point.

The new wind Warframe reminds me of the Volt's alt helmet...

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Can Prime Warframes use alt helmets from the regular frame?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

just make the lanka faster, I dont care what reasoning it takes. It would be really fun if its projectile speed was 2-3x better.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kris xK posted:

Can Prime Warframes use alt helmets from the regular frame?

Yeah but they look hosed up cause the prime frames look so drastically different.

illiterate
Jul 22, 2006
SUPERSTEALTHNINJA BOUGHT ME THIS ACCOUNT AND DEMANDS ANAL SEX EVERY NIGHT AS PAYMENT

kloa posted:

Yea if y'all need spare mods on the PC, feel free to ask around.

I have 2 spare barrel diffusions that need a good home! (And probably some other goodies.)

i would very much like one of these

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

illiterate posted:

i would very much like one of these

Sure. What's your IGN?

illiterate
Jul 22, 2006
SUPERSTEALTHNINJA BOUGHT ME THIS ACCOUNT AND DEMANDS ANAL SEX EVERY NIGHT AS PAYMENT

kloa posted:

Sure. What's your IGN?

dmrn

thanks bud.

illiterate fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 25, 2014

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

randombattle posted:

Yeah but they look hosed up cause the prime frames look so drastically different.

What he means is that you don't have the awesome sweet bling on the alternate hats if you run a prime frame, but that doesn't matter too much since some hats, it doesn't matter. Mag Coil hat, I love you. Never leave me.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

I AM THE MOON posted:

just make the lanka faster, I dont care what reasoning it takes. It would be really fun if its projectile speed was 2-3x better.

I'd prefer it if the non-charged shot was a projectile and the charged shot was the hitscan railgun death beam that the Railgun Moas fired.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I really loathe Corpus missions now. They soak up tons of damage, eat your shields for breakfast, and are just utterly un-fun to fight because of those stupid helmets.

I'm only at rank 2, and the last boss I killed was Hek. Are there any easily available weapons that will make them less of a slog, or am I just boned until later?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

limited posted:

I really loathe Corpus missions now. They soak up tons of damage, eat your shields for breakfast, and are just utterly un-fun to fight because of those stupid helmets.

I'm only at rank 2, and the last boss I killed was Hek. Are there any easily available weapons that will make them less of a slog, or am I just boned until later?

Get a Karak.

Put +Impact/+Damage/+Cold/+Electricity on it.

If you can. Just any of those for the most part.

FYI the Karak is really good and really dependable against pretty much all the factions. You'd be well off putting a Rifle Ammo Mutation on it. It goes through ammo pretty quick.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

With good trigger discipline I think the Karak it's a straight upgrade over the Braton. You get a smaller clip and lower crit chance but you kill enemies so fast it doesn't really matter. The default V polarity also helps a lot.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

limited posted:

If I remember right don't headshot corpus, shoot them in the balls. It's a weak spot instead of the head.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Kaldaris posted:

Get a Karak.

FYI the Karak is really good and really dependable against pretty much all the factions. You'd be well off putting a Rifle Ammo Mutation on it. It goes through ammo pretty quick.

+impact damage is near worthless, FYI. Elemental mods give a far better return.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Who cares about the new air based warframe when you can get bladestorm to glitch you into levitating. :mrgw:

I could kinda go lower by sliding but I didnt manage to make it to the exit.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Vabaun Chasses piece up on alert now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Orokin Reactor invasion up. Shax, Europa. Better hurry!

edit: On PC

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 25, 2014

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Past few days I received a vauban chassis blueprint(bought vauban with platinum when it first came out) and two forma(not blueprint). Haven't really been playing much though., working sucks but having money is nice.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Kaldaris posted:

Get a Karak.

Thanks. I got the Boltor, which is absolutely brutal against health, but shields it barely does dick thanks to it being puncture damage, and the Branton's damage is so pathetic it still takes a full clip anyway. :argh:

I got a glaive blueprint on my login, but it needs 6000 nano spores, of which I have exactly zero. :negative:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

limited posted:

I got a glaive blueprint on my login, but it needs 6000 nano spores, of which I have exactly zero. :negative:
Oh, don't worry about nano spores. Once you get to an area that drops them you'll have more than you know what to do with.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

limited posted:

Thanks. I got the Boltor, which is absolutely brutal against health, but shields it barely does dick thanks to it being puncture damage, and the Branton's damage is so pathetic it still takes a full clip anyway. :argh:

Nanospores are the most common drops in the game, i have literally more than a million of them.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Just got my final Detron part. GLORIOUS. Now I just have to farm up the ten cells for it :gonk:

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

limited posted:

You collect these in the hundreds.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Helter Skelter posted:

Oh, don't worry about nano spores. Once you get to an area that drops them you'll have more than you know what to do with.

Thankfully the infestation in Mars means I got to skip through all those horrid Corpus capture missions that were pissing me off. And the battle pay meant I could get that Karak in the oven, and I even have a catalyst from yesterday cooking too. :getin: Just seems that any planet involving Corpus is like pulling goddamn teeth to get through.

And Volt is drat fun. Zapping a group of infected and just watching them all convulse and die is worryingly soothing. :stare:

Anyway, is there a point to keeping duplicate skill mods if I've already levelled up and slotted them? Or are they just cash / fusion fodder by that point?

limited fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 25, 2014

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

limited posted:

My record is 20 000 in one survival run, if i remember correctly :D. Nano spores will be least of your resource-related worries.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

limited posted:

Thankfully the infestation in Mars means I got to skip through all those horrid Corpus capture missions that were pissing me off. And the battle pay meant I could get that Karak in the oven, and I even have a catalyst from yesterday cooking too. :getin: Just seems that any planet involving Corpus is like pulling goddamn teeth to get through.

And Volt is drat fun. Zapping a group of infected and just watching them all convulse and die is worryingly soothing. :stare:

Anyway, is there a point to keeping duplicate skill mods if I've already levelled up and slotted them? Or are they just cash / fusion fodder by that point?

If you already have a mod maxed out, keep 1 unmaxed one just so you can use it when you don't have the mod capacity such as when you're moving to a new weapon/warframe or using a forma.

Certain mods you should just keep around due to their rarity as you may one day want to sell them or just give them away to some newcomer.

I highly recommend not selling any mods. They're hardly worth anything. At the very least, just use them for fusion, even if it's not the same mod nor the same polarity. Those max level 10 mods require so many cards to max out.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

limited posted:

Don't sell them. Never sell mods, you get dick all for them and they're more useful as fusion fodder for other stuff. In particular, duplicate skill mods are very useful for leveling up the skills of any new frames you eventually get.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Orokin Reactor Alert on PC for 1 hour and 25 min.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013
Orokin Reactor on Europa Lilith for Corpus Battlepay as well.

Lots of potatoes.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Please include PC or PS4 tags on "X is now on Alert!" posts

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

ullerrm posted:

Just got my final Detron part. GLORIOUS. Now I just have to farm up the ten cells for it :gonk:

Any tips for farming this? I've been running goon groups with 4 Alad V death marks and doing 5 minute survivals on low level corpus missions and it's both mind numbingly boring and doesn't seem to be working very well.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Korhal posted:

Any tips for farming this? I've been running goon groups with 4 Alad V death marks and doing 5 minute survivals on low level corpus missions and it's both mind numbingly boring and doesn't seem to be working very well.

I think that you have to have recently supported the Grineer in a Corpus or Grineer invasion.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think that you have to have recently supported the Grineer in a Corpus or Grineer invasion.

That'd be where the Alad V death marks are coming from, you receive an in game mail from him alerting you that the harvester is after you. Even with a full goon group(4 marks) we haven't had him spawn yet.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I just woke up and missed a PS4 banshee helmet alert by 5 minutes. gently caress me. Only part I needed.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

BitBasher posted:

I just woke up and missed a PS4 banshee helmet alert by 5 minutes. gently caress me. Only part I needed.

It was probably not the frame component unless that has been changed recently, you can't actually get the warframe components for banshee in alerts, they like to label the alternate helmets at just "Banshee Helmet Blueprint" this may or may not have changed on PC recently, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's still the same.

hlwss
Nov 12, 2007

AndroidHub posted:

It was probably not the frame component unless that has been changed recently, you can't actually get the warframe components for banshee in alerts, they like to label the alternate helmets at just "Banshee Helmet Blueprint" this may or may not have changed on PC recently, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's still the same.

Yeah the past few times it just cut off the rest of the name.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I've just started playing this game. I'm using the Volt frame and the basic primary gun. What's the next gun/bow I should look to move to after the first rifle? I have 30,000 of whatever the non-platinum money is called so there's a few things I can get the blueprints for.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Daric posted:

I've just started playing this game. I'm using the Volt frame and the basic primary gun. What's the next gun/bow I should look to move to after the first rifle? I have 30,000 of whatever the non-platinum money is called so there's a few things I can get the blueprints for.

My upgrade path was MK1-Braton -> Braton, Lato -> Aklato and Skana -> Cronus. You can pay for both Braton and Aklato with money, while you can get the Cronus blueprint from the Mercury assassination mission.

I'm finding it to be a good setup for doing Venus and Earth.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

BitBasher posted:

It was the reverb helmet. I was disappointed as hell.

Anyway, built my Penta yesterday and am about to throw a third forma on it. This thing is ridiculous. I feel like a TF2 demo.

I think it's gonna need more formas.