Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I've been trying to think of this movie for awhile. It was about a submarine team that's sent to investigate a deep sea research team that went offline. They get their and some sort of alien fungus has completely taken over the place. It's kind of like a deep sea zombie movie mixed with the thing. One scene from the ending was even mirrored in the Dawn remake. This would have been mid to late 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've been trying to think of this movie for awhile. It was about a submarine team that's sent to investigate a deep sea research team that went offline. They get their and some sort of alien fungus has completely taken over the place. It's kind of like a deep sea zombie movie mixed with the thing. One scene from the ending was even mirrored in the Dawn remake. This would have been mid to late 90s.

No exact matches, but maybe you mixed up details from Leviathan(Trailer) with maybe The Abyss or DeepStar Six?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Which scene did Dawn mirror? That would help.

But yeah it's probably Leviathan or Deepstar

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This is litereally a scene from a dream I had the other day, but I am wondering if maybe I just picked it up from a movie in the past.

Some guy goes into a highschool or maybe college classroom and has some sort of love spell or item that induces desires or something like that and says something to the effect of "girls, give me your hearts", hoping for romance. The women in the class then begin to tear their goddamn torsos open, exposing their internal organs. It had sort of almost a Troma vibe to the tone, or perhaps something like Return of the Living Dead.

So yeah maybe I am just dreaming up weird rear end movies but if this is actually a scene in something somewhere I'd be curious to know what the hell it was.

I also once dreamed a movie that was about kids resisting Scientology taking over their boarding school by use of machine guns.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Light Gun Man posted:

I also once dreamed a movie that was about kids resisting Scientology taking over their boarding school by use of machine guns.

A fat hobbit and Wesley Crusher do this in Toy Soldiers. Well, no scientologists, just terrorists.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Opopanax posted:

Which scene did Dawn mirror? That would help.

But yeah it's probably Leviathan or Deepstar

Found it, it was The Rift. Starring R Lee Ermey and Ray Wise.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aazy9Mv82N8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DAazy9Mv82N8

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I'm trying to remember which movie or show this is from. The scene has a man and woman arguing about something and the woman gives the man a meal to eat and asks him how the food is and he says "Less salt next time" in a backhanded, cold way, referencing the argument they just had.

The title is seriously right at the border of consciousness for me but for some reason there's just an impenetrable mental block.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I was bored and browsing one of those Buzzfeed-style "Top movies you didn't know you should watch" or some such, and they described a recent (foreign?) film hat sounded interesting about a woman who stays at a lake house in winter and wanders about the frozen lake when unexpected things start happening. The only other bit I recall is that apparently there's little to no dialogue. Unfortunately i didnt think to bookmark the page or jot down the title and I haven't been able to find it again. Any ideas?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Sanschel posted:

I was bored and browsing one of those Buzzfeed-style "Top movies you didn't know you should watch" or some such, and they described a recent (foreign?) film hat sounded interesting about a woman who stays at a lake house in winter and wanders about the frozen lake when unexpected things start happening. The only other bit I recall is that apparently there's little to no dialogue. Unfortunately i didnt think to bookmark the page or jot down the title and I haven't been able to find it again. Any ideas?

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring fits some of those points , but it's a small floating temple on a lake, not a lake house.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Sanschel posted:

Sounds like The Wall.

Was this the list you were looking at? http://imgur.com/a/HuDlU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Wall sounds close but I don't know if its quite right, the article made it sound more like she encounters some creature but it wasn't very clear on that point.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Amarcarts posted:

I'm trying to remember which movie or show this is from. The scene has a man and woman arguing about something and the woman gives the man a meal to eat and asks him how the food is and he says "Less salt next time" in a backhanded, cold way, referencing the argument they just had.

The title is seriously right at the border of consciousness for me but for some reason there's just an impenetrable mental block.

Was this Mr and Mrs Smith, the scene takes place once at the start and very similarly again towards the middle of the movie

Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010
I'm trying to remember the name of a French movie that I saw a few years ago. I'm fairly sure that it was a smaller independent film that received some attention at this or that film festival. (Probably early to mid 2000's, maybe late 90's)

In the vein of dark humor, the movie centers around two characters, a garage mechanic and a drug addict. The mechanic, who is unsatisfied with his life, finds the addict rummaging around his house. After a confrontation, the mechanic corners the addict under his bed only to find this thin and emaciated character wanting only a jar of change. After kicking him out, the mechanic proceeds to drive past the addict on his way to work. Giving him a lift, they make there way to the addict's family who shun him away. They proceed to the city where the mechanic gives the addict some money for something but never returns, presumably spending the money on drugs and overdosing.

A key scene is when a dog, whose legs are bound by tape, is thrown over an overpass then landing on the mechanics car. The end scene is the mechanic burying the dog.

Mount Desert fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 21, 2014

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
accidentally initially posted this like a doofus in the Movie Questions thread, somehow I totally forgot a thread specifically existed for what I want:

Sorry if this is a poo poo post but this is going to keep me awake at this rate.
While relating what the unholy Lovecraftian abomination hidden inside Michelle Bachmann's human shell probably looks like, I suddenly remembered a scene in a movie (or so I think) where a human body is disintegrating to reveal a floating squid thing coming out of it and now it's one of those tip of your tongue things you gotta figure out before it drives you mad.
I vividly have the image of someone disintegrating human form-wise and a dead squid alien thing rising out of them but it might have veered visually more spiritually into "woah groovy man our souls are glowy tentacle things" rather than "OH JESUS CHRIST" territory.

I thought The Matrix at first but surely not. Then I thought Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within but there's no way I'd remember a single scene from a terrible movie my brilliant ten year old self decided to see for some inexplicable reason given the fact I've never liked Final Fantasy. Then suddenly I was struck by the thought that a man in a similar pose (sorta like the released squid alien is drawing the disintegrating body upward chest first) was featured in The Fountain but then I realized that as crazy as the Future Jackman scenes got I don't think they got so crazy that his final transcendence involved revealing he was a little glowing monster thing deep down in his heart of hearts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TheFallenEvincar posted:

accidentally initially posted this like a doofus in the Movie Questions thread, somehow I totally forgot a thread specifically existed for what I want:

Sorry if this is a poo poo post but this is going to keep me awake at this rate.
While relating what the unholy Lovecraftian abomination hidden inside Michelle Bachmann's human shell probably looks like, I suddenly remembered a scene in a movie (or so I think) where a human body is disintegrating to reveal a floating squid thing coming out of it and now it's one of those tip of your tongue things you gotta figure out before it drives you mad.
I vividly have the image of someone disintegrating human form-wise and a dead squid alien thing rising out of them but it might have veered visually more spiritually into "woah groovy man our souls are glowy tentacle things" rather than "OH JESUS CHRIST" territory.

I thought The Matrix at first but surely not. Then I thought Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within but there's no way I'd remember a single scene from a terrible movie my brilliant ten year old self decided to see for some inexplicable reason given the fact I've never liked Final Fantasy. Then suddenly I was struck by the thought that a man in a similar pose (sorta like the released squid alien is drawing the disintegrating body upward chest first) was featured in The Fountain but then I realized that as crazy as the Future Jackman scenes got I don't think they got so crazy that his final transcendence involved revealing he was a little glowing monster thing deep down in his heart of hearts.

Cocoon?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The 'good one' in The Hidden?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for the help, someone actually figured it out in the thread I misposted it in initially (didn't want people to keep on guessing). It was totally Dark City, I forgot about that bit.

Dark City spoilers in case anyone's curious regarding the dumb thing my brain randomly conjured up or people who saw the movie and don't remember this random bit like me. Some of my friends were tortured by me bringing this up in their memories without resolution too so I took a second to stick my DVD of it for a quick screen capture. It's a visually striking scene clearly given that I mentally pictured it without actually remembering the source. Obviously the image is a Dark City spoiler.
http://i.imgur.com/NxDZPo2.png

I guess I thought of The Fountain because he's kinda doing the sort of Floating Magic Yoga I'd associate with Mystic Hugh Jackman. :3:

Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."
This is a movie I have been trying to identify for over a decade now, and no matter how much I dig, I cannot seem to find its name. I don't have a ton of description to go off of, but I will try and describe as much of it as I remember: I saw it in theatres with a friend any time between September of 1997 and sometime in 1998 (Possibly Spring or Summer, but absolutely no later than Summer because I was no longer friends with this individual the following school year). My memory of the time frame is hazy, as it was my Freshman year of high school and that falls between those dates. I am absolutely, 100% positive I saw this in theatres, so that narrows down the time frame, but perhaps not by enough.

I do not remember anything about the plot except it was some kind of gangster film starring a mostly African American cast. If it wasn't a gangster movie, it was some kind of action flick with a lot of shooting. I am not entirely positive about this next part, but I very vaguely remember the climax involving a character or villain getting crushed by an big chandelier in a fancy looking house. There IS, however, one scene I remember clear as day, because it was my first exposure to full frontal male nudity. There is a locker room scene in this movie where a bunch of male characters are talking to one another while changing, and most, if not all of them, get the full frontal treatment. And it wasn't a simple passing thing, either, like a few frames. The scene focuses on them changing for quite a while. An entire scene of full frontal male nudity in a locker room.

Sadly, this is all I can remember about this film, other than it not being particularly good (But I was a teenager at the time, so that's completely subjective). I do not remember anything about its title except that it may have had the word "Dog" in it, or something to do with dogs, or something that made me think of dogs. I have scoured every database to try and find a movie that matches this description that fits the theatre release date time frame and have come up empty handed every time.

So, goons, can you help me finally put this horrible mystery to rest?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Agent Boogeyman posted:

This is a movie I have been trying to identify for over a decade now, and no matter how much I dig, I cannot seem to find its name. I don't have a ton of description to go off of, but I will try and describe as much of it as I remember: I saw it in theatres with a friend any time between September of 1997 and sometime in 1998 (Possibly Spring or Summer, but absolutely no later than Summer because I was no longer friends with this individual the following school year). My memory of the time frame is hazy, as it was my Freshman year of high school and that falls between those dates. I am absolutely, 100% positive I saw this in theatres, so that narrows down the time frame, but perhaps not by enough.

I do not remember anything about the plot except it was some kind of gangster film starring a mostly African American cast. If it wasn't a gangster movie, it was some kind of action flick with a lot of shooting. I am not entirely positive about this next part, but I very vaguely remember the climax involving a character or villain getting crushed by an big chandelier in a fancy looking house. There IS, however, one scene I remember clear as day, because it was my first exposure to full frontal male nudity. There is a locker room scene in this movie where a bunch of male characters are talking to one another while changing, and most, if not all of them, get the full frontal treatment. And it wasn't a simple passing thing, either, like a few frames. The scene focuses on them changing for quite a while. An entire scene of full frontal male nudity in a locker room.

Sadly, this is all I can remember about this film, other than it not being particularly good (But I was a teenager at the time, so that's completely subjective). I do not remember anything about its title except that it may have had the word "Dog" in it, or something to do with dogs, or something that made me think of dogs. I have scoured every database to try and find a movie that matches this description that fits the theatre release date time frame and have come up empty handed every time.

So, goons, can you help me finally put this horrible mystery to rest?

Is it Dobermann?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118996/

I haven't actually seen it, but imdb tags it as frontal-male-nudity, action, and released in 1997. Also the title is a dog.

Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."
A nice guess, but that couldn't be it. According to the release dates, Dobermann didn't see a state-side release until 2000 and was also a foreign film. Also, I know the film I watched was not a foreign film. Though that reminds me, if it can help, I was in the U.S. when I watched it.

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

ataridc posted:

I am trying to find a movie that i have very little detail on. All that I know is that it involves a young boy that has moved and he meets a young girl and they may have slept in a chicken coop. At the end the girl disappears. The boy wore a slipknot hoodie. I think the cover of the dvd was yellow.

After doing further research there may have been time travel involved? The slip knot hoodie wearing kid may have been struck by lightning and sent back in time?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
2 movies. One a friend told me about. The plot involves a cockroach crawling up someones nose and controlling them via their brain. She said it grossed her out she couldn't even remember the title.

The other one was maybe set in France(?) this composer hires an assistant and the assistant kills him. They may have been lovers.

b0nes fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 26, 2014

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

b0nes posted:

The plot involves a cockroach crawling up someones nose and controlling them via their brain. She said it grossed her out she couldn't even remember the title.

Josephine and the Roach?

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

No, Babou, that was all sarcasm.
YES, ALL OF IT, YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!
I have one that has stumped me for awhile. The movie was purchased on VHS from a $5 bin from a Hills or K-Mart department store sometime around 1990. It was a horror movie that early on had a scarecrow come off of it's post and kill a farmer with a shovel. I want to say that either "blue" or "moon" is in the title.

I wish I had more details to give but I was only 8 when I saw it. The reason I'm trying to remember is because it scared the piss out of me. I was always the weird kid obsessed with horror and I don't remember being scared to often by fright flicks, so the vague memory of having to shut one off makes me want to watch it and see what triggered that fear.

Even after managing a video store for five years in my early twenties I wasn't able to track this one down. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Whargoul fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 26, 2014

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Whargoul posted:

I have one that has stumped me for awhile. The movie was purchased on VHS from a $5 bin from a Hills or K-Mart department store sometime around 1990. It was a horror movie that early on had a scarecrow come off of it's post and kill a farmer with a shovel. I want to say that either "blue" or "moon" is in the title.

I wish I had more details to give but I was only 8 when I saw it. The reason I'm trying to remember is because it scared the piss out of me. I was always the weird kid obsessed with horror and I don't remember being scared to often by fright flicks, so the vague memory of having to shut one off makes me want to watch it and see what triggered that fear.

Even after managing a video store for five years in my early twenties I wasn't able to track this one down. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

I think that's Dark Night of the Scarecrow.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

penismightier posted:

I think that's Dark Night of the Scarecrow.

Seconding maybe this, but the specifics don't exactly gel. If it isn't that, then it might be just "Scarecrows" (1988). Either way, both are decent flicks.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Anyone know which Fulci film this is from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGW_WjmgpzM

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Murder-Rock: Dancing Death (a.k.a. Murderock - Uccide a Passo di Danza), 1984.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
ah, mille grazie!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

midnightclimax posted:

ah, mille grazie!

Il piacere è mio, amico.

Don't expect too much, although your entertainment may be increased by pretending the title is actually Slashdance.

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

Origami Dali posted:

Seconding maybe this, but the specifics don't exactly gel. If it isn't that, then it might be just "Scarecrows" (1988). Either way, both are decent flicks.

We had both of these movies at the video store. You are right, they are good films, but they are not the one I'm trying to remember. Thanks for trying though.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Here's one for UK goons - I remember something on Channel 4 - would guess mid 90s, I think it was a film or at least an hour long one-off drama. Visually looked like a mix between Red Dwarf and Blade Runner, quite grimdark. I remember once scene where some guards/police burst into a resturant/cafe and shoot the place up, and someone's head rolls under a table. I think it was supposed to be a cutting edge technodrama at the time. Any ideas?

echoplex fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 27, 2014

Whargoul
Dec 4, 2010

Whargoul posted:

The search is over. My mom asked me to move some boxes out of her attic and sure enough I came across a box of old VHS tapes. The movie was called "Curse of the Blue Lights". I watched the intro on YouTube to confirm this.

Thanks to anyone that spent even a moment thinking about this.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So what you are saying is you bought a horror movie about blue lights from Kmart?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

echoplex posted:

Here's one for UK goons - I remember something on Channel 4 - would guess mid 90s, I think it was a film or at least an hour long one-off drama. Visually looked like a mix between Red Dwarf and Blade Runner, quite grimdark. I remember once scene where some guards/police burst into a resturant/cafe and shoot the place up, and someone's head rolls under a table. I think it was supposed to be a cutting edge technodrama at the time. Any ideas?

I'm just gonna throw this out here and say Ultraviolet. Not because the actual show is anything like as sci fi as you describe, but because that's what my memory of the brief scene I saw ten years back was until I watched it properly last year. Your show might still have starred Jack Davenport though, and Idris Elba if you're lucky.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
Trying to figure out this movie, possibly from mid 80's:

A new teacher or principal comes to school on his first day on the job. The local gang leader is being disruptive in class, and ignoring the teacher. The teacher has the student go into the boys room with him, in an attempt to assert his authority, i.e: "I'm the boss around here, kid". The kid then starts banging his head against the wall and sink, really hard, causing pretty bad cuts and bruises and maybe even breaking his own nose, so he can say the teacher did it to him. The kid makes a deal "You leave me alone or I will go to the cops and say you did this to me. All the kids in class will be witness. I got you by the balls, and I'm going to continue to run this school, and deal drugs"

Edit: the kid is white, dressed as mid-80's punk/new-wave

Nerdfest X fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 28, 2014

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Nerdfest X posted:

Trying to figure out this movie, possibly from mid 80's:

A new teacher or principal comes to school on his first day on the job. The local gang leader is being disruptive in class, and ignoring the teacher. The teacher has the student go into the boys room with him, in an attempt to assert his authority, i.e: "I'm the boss around here, kid". The kid then starts banging his head against the wall and sink, really hard, causing pretty bad cuts and bruises and maybe even breaking his own nose, so he can say the teacher did it to him. The kid makes a deal "You leave me alone or I will go to the cops and say you did this to me. All the kids in class will be witness. I got you by the balls, and I'm going to continue to run this school, and deal drugs"

Edit: the kid is white, dressed as mid-80's punk/new-wave

Class of 1984

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
Thank you Pen, that is the one

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

echoplex posted:

Sounds a lot like Cold Lazarus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Lazarus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

School Bully posted:

I'm just gonna throw this out here and say Ultraviolet. Not because the actual show is anything like as sci fi as you describe, but because that's what my memory of the brief scene I saw ten years back was until I watched it properly last year. Your show might still have starred Jack Davenport though, and Idris Elba if you're lucky.

Sadly I don't think that's it, I love me some Elba

This seems like a strong possibility, thank you!