Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gough Suppressant posted:

I have poor self control when it comes to not yelling at said bogans on message boards.

Yeah I just have a chuckle and don't let it get to me. Actually meeting these people in real life is different but there isn't much you can do about it on the internet, except marvel at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Andrew Bolt is going to lose his loving mind.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Xarb posted:

Yeah don't go near main board on bigfooty.

Ye Gods, the racists, the "the award means nothing" replies and people suggesting other players who deserve the award more than Goodes. I am surprised that Bay 13 is actually being better than the main forum about this.

EDIT: Oops, just found the Bay 13 thread. Oh dear :(

You Am I fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 25, 2014

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:
Are we starting the tipping comp during NAB cup?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I can't think of too many other dual brownlow medallist, premiership winning captain and 300 game players in the AFL who draw as much invective as Goodes

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
To be fair he is very frustrating in supercoach

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Shmoses posted:

I can't think of too many other dual brownlow medallist, premiership winning captain and 300 game players in the AFL who draw as much invective as Goodes

That's a real coincidence, since I can't think of many other dual brownlow medallist, premiership winning captain and 300 game players in the AFL who are indigenous. Weird, that.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I wonder if the outrage was this great when Lee Kernaghan won it.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna go yell at a child on TV so I can win an award for being black :smug:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

realbez posted:

I'm gonna go yell at a child on TV so I can win an award for being black :smug:

Don't forget to tell Eddie he's a twat!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Diet Crack posted:

Don't forget to tell Eddie he's a twat!

If that is the criteria there are going to be a lot of Australians of the year.

Not me though. I like Eddie. Apart from that dumb thing he said about Adam Goodes and King Kong. That seemed like a poor life choice to me.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I don't think very many people respect him on a personal level (they probably respect his power more than anything) outside of Collingwood circles. Personally I haven't seen much by way of him acting like anything other than an entitled rich prick. I also wonder why he always looks like he's just been in a heated argument or having an aneurysm.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Chairchucker posted:

If that is the criteria there are going to be a lot of Australians of the year.

Not me though. I like Eddie. Apart from that dumb thing he said about Adam Goodes and King Kong. That seemed like a poor life choice to me.

To be fair if I had to do breakfast radio everyday I'd probably start hallucinating from lack of sleep, it would only be a matter of time before I had something racist in the midst of caffeinated fever dream.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Did Goodes win it for a specific reason or something? I thought they tended to give it to charity makers and things like that.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Diet Crack posted:

I don't think very many people respect him on a personal level (they probably respect his power more than anything) outside of Collingwood circles. Personally I haven't seen much by way of him acting like anything other than an entitled rich prick. I also wonder why he always looks like he's just been in a heated argument or having an aneurysm.

I've got a friend who works at Triple M, she's not from Melbourne and doesn't give two shits about footy, and she couldn't speak more highly about Eddie. Treats everyone with respect etc. Just has this media persona that rubs some raw I guess.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Nutsngum posted:

Did Goodes win it for a specific reason or something? I thought they tended to give it to charity makers and things like that.

He does a lot of charity work http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-25/adam-goodes-named-australian-of-the-year-for-2014/5219118

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Fair enough.

More importantly, does anyone know much about the streaming options this year? Is it still limited to their phone apps?

Also, did last years phone apps work on tablets, particularly tablets attached to tvs?

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Nutsngum posted:

Fair enough.

More importantly, does anyone know much about the streaming options this year? Is it still limited to their phone apps?

Also, did last years phone apps work on tablets, particularly tablets attached to tvs?

Last year I used iPad streaming + airplay onto a 42' and it was ~just~ watchable. I think $50/month for foxtel play + fox footy would be the best bet at this point

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

spamman posted:

I wonder if the outrage was this great when Lee Kernaghan won it.

I don't recall the same kind of backlash when Mark Taylor won it. Also no one felt compelled to say they have no problems with cricketers, don't get them wrong.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

If I recall three successive cricket captains won it but for some reason they stopped that with Ricky Ponting :v:

(In Steve Waugh's case he actually did a bit of charity work in India alongside the cricket so it sits a bit better with me.)

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

What about Shane Crawford? Bit stiff.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Corzaa posted:

What about Shane Crawford? Bit stiff.
He has to be nominated for his state before he'd even be in contention.

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:

The Job Creators posted:

Last year I used iPad streaming + airplay onto a 42' and it was ~just~ watchable. I think $50/month for foxtel play + fox footy would be the best bet at this point

Yeah but what sort of net were you running from?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
AFL Fantasy is already open but Supercoach opens this Friday. I'll start a goon league then, with UltimateFooty coming a few weeks after. I'm still keen for a meet up on Monday for the Superbowl, kickoff is at 10:30 so I'll be getting there about 10ish. It's at the Great Northern

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

TG-Chrono posted:

AFL Fantasy is already open but Supercoach opens this Friday. I'll start a goon league then, with UltimateFooty coming a few weeks after. I'm still keen for a meet up on Monday for the Superbowl, kickoff is at 10:30 so I'll be getting there about 10ish. It's at the Great Northern

Have you booked a table? I am going there with a mate also. Might have a few more friends coming too.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

pkid posted:

Have you booked a table? I am going there with a mate also. Might have a few more friends coming too.

Was just about to seeing on interest over the next day.

Update: Booked a table in the beer garden with all the big screens under Tony at 9:30am. Come along goons.

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 28, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

davmo1 posted:

Yeah but what sort of net were you running from?

I tried it with a 2Mb/s connection, and it was awful at any quality level. Don't buy it. You're better off using the suggested method or other streams. I can stream NHL gamecenter live at max quality with no buffering or anything for what it's worth. There's probably some Telstra trickery bullshit going on considering it's operated for bigpond.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

ESPN is flying out Vlad and some other AFL top level execs to the Superbowl and Gatorade, taking over drinks rights, have flown Gablett and Pendlebury over. If ESPN took over AFL coverage, we'd actually get HD poo poo.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

When is the next streaming rights negotiations?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

The Job Creators posted:

When is the next streaming rights negotiations?

End of 2016.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Isnt last years goon league still open?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Is it too late to stick this in the OP?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
joe daniher is such a goober

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

Is it too late to stick this in the OP?

Hahahaha looks like 'Essendon Young Chaps Club' replaced, Joe "The Maw" Daniher

Nutsngum posted:

Isnt last years goon league still open?

Can't check as the site is relaunching in 2 days.

Paracausal fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 28, 2014

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

snaeksikn posted:

That's Hurley and Melksham ... unless you just mean in general, in which case, yeah.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
lol i evened googled joe daniher to confirm it was him and was confident it was despite the height difference with hurley... well played essendon in drafting two horse toothed players in such short succession of each other..

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Just in case anyone missed it: Harry O'Brien is no more, he legally changed his name back to Heretier Lumumba.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Diet Crack posted:

Just in case anyone missed it: Harry O'Brien is no more, he legally changed his name back to Heretier Lumumba.

And, oh boy, you think Bigfooty went nuts over Goodes' recent award......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Diet Crack posted:

I thought he did this late last year

• Locked thread