Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Emanuel Collective posted:

Johnny Manziel is a man who knows what to do with a brick

Sign it and put it on eBay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Emanuel Collective posted:

Johnny Manziel is a man who knows what to do with a brick

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Senior Bowl is starting on NFLN right now

edit: And, if it helps (or hurts), Mayock had a family emergency and won't be calling the game

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Senior Bowl is starting soon but Mayock isn't there because of a family emergency.

EFB

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
An inauspicious start for Boyd.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Tahj Boyd just intercepted by FS Lofton out of LSU. Awful pass that deserved to be a pick but still a decent play on the ball by Lofton.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Tahj Boyd just intercepted by FS Lofton out of LSU. Awful pass that deserved to be a pick but still a decent play on the ball by Lofton.

That was a terrible throw to a wide open receiver.

Carr looks decent but I wish they'd have him throw it downfield. I don't want to watch him throw 5 WR screens.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kevin Norwood has guaranteed himself a late Ravens draft pick by not dropping the ball, going to Alabama.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Garoppolo Show startin

e: he certainly has the requisite handsomeness to be an all-star quarterback (certain notable exceptions withstanding)

Alaois fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 25, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Is there a good stream up? First row doesn't work for me, it just leaves me with the sound and a screen that says to install their third party video app

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Sentrell Henderson has had a rough day. He got beat around the corner a few times on the first two possesions.

Chris Borland is as good as advertise. He's always around the ball, and forced a fumble on a pass to the hb. Great tackler, can sift through trash around the ball, moves real well, and his speed isn't as big of a concern as I thought it'd be.

Garappalo was meh.

David Carr looked pretty good, hell of an arm, but everyone knew that already.

e: Brandon Linder has looked terrible. He was the one pushed into the qbs lap. just bull rushed straight back a few times.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Intruder posted:

Is there a good stream up? First row doesn't work for me, it just leaves me with the sound and a screen that says to install their third party video app

http://www.vipboxus.co/american-football/6455/1/nfl-network-live-stream-online.html

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cyril Richardson is brutal in pass protection. Why is he considered a first-round pick again?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He's a very very large man. I haven't been watching until just now but I thought he was supposed to be at least ok, maybe not.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Dee Ford is going to be some sort of monster riser

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This is actually a small twist on a question that used to be a part of creativity tests. I remember reading about it at some point. It was an alternate method of intelligence testing as opposed to strict IQ tests. For instance the question they posed was "What uses does a brick have?" They'd get geniuses who'd answer with a brick's strictly utilitarian uses like building things but then you'd get responses like these:

Throwing through windows, holding down a picnic blanket, propping up a broken coffee table, door stop, parking brake for my car, weapon, as a weight to sink things in water, bug smasher, level, seed starter for plants, fireplace, bottle opener, drink stand when outside, test gravity, noise maker, nut cracker, and so on

It's a fun thought experiment but I don't know how useful it is.

I had a job interview with this question. It's west coast tech company style questions because people heard Google or insert whatever company did it, and think it helps identify good candidates.

Reality is that Google stopped doing it because it doesnt do poo poo, but since HT departments are basically a bunch of idiots who have literally been replaced with machines they use poo poo like this to pretend like the can discern qualities when theyll just say whatever they want anyway.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
"What uses does a brick have?"
"Well, it apparently made Spider-man miss his wedding to Mary Jane."
"..."
"Okay, okay. It's best used to smack the person who asks that question upside the head."

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm stockpiling bricks for the post-apocalyptic future when they can be possibly be used as currency and to build walls to stop raiders.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

PrinceRandom posted:

I'm stockpiling bricks for the post-apocalyptic future when they can be possibly be used as currency and to build walls to stop raiders.

You don't need a wall to stop raiders, just paint an endzone

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I gave a bunch of answers and was told other good answers included grinding it up to make a paint.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

:wal: oh ho ho ho

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

How does that help prevent knife wounds? :yarr:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

God drat son

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I'd trade my brick for ore because chasing the longest road is for suckers

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Can someone explain to me why Kelvin Benjamin is considered a 2nd round pick? I've only got the 4 games on draftbreakdown to evaluate him but the guy looks like he has the potential to be one of the best. I understand that he has drop issues but the dude is built like Calvin Johnson. I don't see how, overall, he compares unfavorably to Mike Evans.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's built like a double amputee Calvin Johnson. You need hands to play rec... well really any position in football. A little biased but just the way the it is.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm shocked. I'm loving shocked.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sirtommygunn posted:

Can someone explain to me why Kelvin Benjamin is considered a 2nd round pick? I've only got the 4 games on draftbreakdown to evaluate him but the guy looks like he has the potential to be one of the best. I understand that he has drop issues but the dude is built like Calvin Johnson. I don't see how, overall, he compares unfavorably to Mike Evans.

There are concerns that he's Braylon Edwards 2.0. I don't agree with that perception, but at this point in the draft process, perception is all that matters. We'll see if things change before the actual draft.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Even though the Bengals just drafted Bernard last year, I still hope they pick up another RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

BJGE isn't the worst, he's done the short-yardage job adequately, but he's just no threat at all. A single 20+ yard run in 220 carries last year is kind of bad.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm not sure how Gio's stamina is but he deserves to be full-time next year. I could be way off but it seems like he wasn't used as much as he should have been.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you need 2 yards, BJGE will get 4. If you need 6 yards he will get 4. As steady as the sun rises and sets.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Benne posted:

If you need 2 yards, BJGE will get 4. If you need 6 yards he will get 4. As steady as the sun rises and sets.
He's no different than Rudi Johnson really

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Even though the Bengals just drafted Bernard last year, I still hope they pick up another RB in the 2nd or 3rd.

BJGE isn't the worst, he's done the short-yardage job adequately, but he's just no threat at all. A single 20+ yard run in 220 carries last year is kind of bad.

I agree that we need someone else. BJGE is one of the most frustrating players on the team. He will have a game where he would play pretty well, then he would have 4 or 5 where he was non-existent.

korrandark fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 26, 2014

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Elotana posted:

I'd trade my brick for ore because chasing the longest road is for suckers

Truth. I've lost multiple times because I focus on longest road when I could just build poo poo instead.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
If you need 6 yards, don't run it

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
You're right, take a cue from the Browns and throw a 3 yard out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bigass Moth posted:

You're right, take a cue from the Jets and throw a 3 yard curl.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

korrandark posted:

I agree that we need someone else. BJGE is one of the most frustrating players on the team. He will have a game where he would play pretty well, then he would have 4 or 5 where he was non-existent.

And I wonder if that is just bad playcalling/matchups in those games, because BJGE isn't a tricky player. He does what he does well but that's it. There are probably some games he shouldn't be a factor if using him just results in being beaten.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Bigass Moth posted:

You're right, take a cue from the Dolphins and take a five yard sack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Bigass Moth posted:

You're right, take a cue from the Giants and throw a Hail Mary.

• Locked thread