Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I have tonsilitis/strep throat and the free, readily available antibiotic pills I've been given are really big and hard to swallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Today, my history teacher gave us a sheet detailing what the final exam covers. The final exam is in two days. Every other teacher gives us the outline sheet loving weeks before the final. It also says that we're covering Somali pirates on it, which we haven't even touched yet and given that people have do show their presentations on Tuesday, I doubt we'll have time to do it before the final.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Got to Season 5, episode 8 of Breaking Bad on Netflix before I realized episodes 9-16 aren't on Netflix. Now I have to wait a month to see the end of the series.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm torn between buying a toyACTION FIGURE I don't need, or a tablet to read comic books on, cause I can't afford both.

I have a tablet, but this one is better and new and shinier.

WHAT HATH MY MADNESS WROUGHT?!?!?!!?

sentientcarbon
Aug 21, 2008

OFFLINE GAMES ARE THE FUTURE OF ONLINE GAMING

The numbers don't lie. 99.99% of every Diablo 3 player wants the game to be offline. This is a FACT.

OH SHIT IS THAT A WEBCAM? HOLY CRAP GET THAT AWAY FROM ME! (I am terrified of being spied on, because I am a very interesting person)

MindlessHavok posted:

Got to Season 5, episode 8 of Breaking Bad on Netflix before I realized episodes 9-16 aren't on Netflix. Now I have to wait a month to see the end of the series.

Those of us foolish enough to watch the show when it was on had to wait over a year for Hank to come out of that bathroom :mad:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Due to an injury I should probably stop doing one of my favorite sport and instead start doing a very similar and just as fun sport :(

sentientcarbon posted:

Those of us foolish enough to watch the show when it was on had to wait over a year for Hank to come out of that bathroom :mad:

That must have been horrible. Breaking bad is not one of those shows you want to follow while it's on TV

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I lost my wallet but got it back (with everything inside) but I'd already reported it to the police and now I'm afraid my driver's license is flagged as "stolen" or something in The System.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
One of the low beam headlights burnt out in my car. My car is a Mazda 6. I need to take it to a shop to have a stupid headlight replaced because removing a tire plus assorted hoses and what not to change a bulb is ridiculous and I'd rather pay the $75 than bother with taking my car apart.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

I lost my wallet but got it back (with everything inside) but I'd already reported it to the police and now I'm afraid my driver's license is flagged as "stolen" or something in The System.

Why don't you just tell them you got it back?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why don't you just tell them you got it back?

I guess I'll have to pay them a visit tomorrow. Didn't have time today.

Also, last time I went to the police station (to pick up a new passport) I had a hell of a time convincing them I was me because I didn't look enough like my driver's license photo. So now I'll have to go there and be all "Oh hey this is a driver's license with a photo that you don't think looks anything like me and has been reported stolen. I just popped in to say it's not. Thanks, bye."

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Jan 23, 2014

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My friend threw an absolute shitfit tonight because I refuse to drive 25 mins to her house and take her to get Wendy's, using up all my gas and prob 2 hours of my night. She texted me this huge rant about how I'm a selfish oval office because I won't be her loving chauffeur. Bitch, I work tomorrow, stop trying to guilt-trip me because you want a frostie.

I guess her first world problem is that I won't drive her rear end around. Mine is that my friend sucks and tries to make me feel lovely for not doing every little thing she wants.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Esmerelda posted:

One of the low beam headlights burnt out in my car. My car is a Mazda 6. I need to take it to a shop to have a stupid headlight replaced because removing a tire plus assorted hoses and what not to change a bulb is ridiculous and I'd rather pay the $75 than bother with taking my car apart.

I did the exact same thing last time one of my headlights went out. I'll happily pay someone to do it for me after I discovered the bullshit you're supposed to go through to do it yourself.

To change the headlight in my car you first need to turn the wheel all the way in the opposite direction, jack up the vehicle, remove the wheel, pull open the wheel well, then find someone with freakishly long and thin basketballer arms to be able to reach through a maze of metal and tubing to the headlight casing. Then you need someone standing over the engine directing them where to go because they won't be able to see poo poo and then they need to open the headlight case and remove and replace the globe all by feel.

Yep, great design Ford.

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 04:09 on Jan 24, 2014

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009
I tried to backcomb my hair for a style but my hair is too soft and smooth and shiny to hold a backcomb without an entire bottle of hairspray.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

I get to travel to Indonesia for work. It's rainy season though.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

I was far too efficient at work this week, and now I'm bored and feel ineffectual.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My 'Perfectly Ripe' avocado is only partially ripe, and now my home-made guacamole is slightly below par.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yep, great design Ford.
By any chance do you own a Fusion?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Our in-office personal trainer plays the same exact soundtrack every single week.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't decide if I want to buy a silver plated or a gold plated dagger replica from Supernatural.

They will both be so :swoon: ~pretty~ :swoon: ... DAMMIT.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I can't decide if I want to buy a silver plated or a gold plated dagger replica from Supernatural.

And here I am thinking that nine dollars on a gorgeous and absurdly cheap fountain pen is an indulgence.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Esmerelda posted:

By any chance do you own a Fusion?

No, an Escape.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

And here I am thinking that nine dollars on a gorgeous and absurdly cheap fountain pen is an indulgence.

Eh, if it makes ya happy, go for it. I have a bullshit budget, which means I set about :10bux: or so aside as a "If it strikes mah fancy!" so if I decide to buy cookies or a fountain pen or a small flash card or something that I wouldn't normally buy, I don't feel bad about it. I rarely use the budget though. It's not hard to set up :10bux: a week or so for just random stuff. I rarely use it, but if I do, at least I don't feel too horrible about it.

I've been pestering him to get his knife guy to do the silver and gold plating for years, and apparently the guy FINALLY came up with it but it's right after I spent some cash on a tablet I didn't ABSOLUTELY need to own. That's the only part that kinda stings. If I would have known about it literally a day ago I could have NOT ordered it, and had enough $$$ for both a gold and a silver.

Now I have to choose, and that's just lovely :saddowns:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Eh, if it makes ya happy, go for it. I have a bullshit budget, which means I set about :10bux: or so aside as a "If it strikes mah fancy!" so if I decide to buy cookies or a fountain pen or a small flash card or something that I wouldn't normally buy, I don't feel bad about it. I rarely use the budget though. It's not hard to set up :10bux: a week or so for just random stuff. I rarely use it, but if I do, at least I don't feel too horrible about it.
A while ago there was an XKCD comic about writing a program that has 1 dollar a day to buy a random item that costs $1 or less after shipping. Unsurprisingly given the audience, at least one XKCD reader wrote a program to do exactly that.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Ah, ahhhh, I want a link to this so badly but I don't need to blow my money on sparkly bits from Supernatural. Oh, Flanders, you foul temptress!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's like my wallet contains "Nothing at all!nothing at all!nothing at all!"

At least I know it'll be a month or so before he gets to the silver and gold plated angel blades.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't get an online coupon to work, and that means I have to wait like an hour or so before the store is open to take calls or internet chats so I can find out why the coupon won't work.

It's also raining, and I have to go shopping today :(

WHY IS LIFE SO HARD!?!?!?!!?

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I set Google Maps to avoid toll roads and it immediately sent me over a $13 bridge.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My bank didn't transfer my money over the weekend, so now I have to wait a little longer to spend it on stupid crap.

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.
An attractive waitress said I looked like Tobey Maguire.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Pandora thinks I like ska.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I only have one color of ink for my fountain pen.

Chocolate Chips
Jan 27, 2007

Chocolatey goodness.
I got a new debit card and now I have to change all my billing information to all my stuff like my monthly massage membership. :effort:

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Chocolate Chips posted:

I got a new debit card and now I have to change all my billing information to all my stuff like my monthly massage membership. :effort:

I lost my wallet and after replacing all my cards and license my boyfriend found it in his kitchen under an old pizza box. A few months later Bank of America freaked out and replaced my card because it may have been compromised. I changed all my card number twice but forgot to change it on my anniversary present order and they cancelled it without giving me a chance to fix the order.

Having to change credit card info is way too frustrating. I always forget one recurring payment every time.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I was intending to actually save some goddamn money this paycheck but ended up buying the Collectors Edition of a game I already own. :negative: Why do I have such piss-poor self control?

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Clothes shopping is really boring and it makes me feel fat and ugly even though I'm not actually fat.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
We have to wait an extra month to get our wedding photos back because our photographer is in Africa doing a National Geographic wildlife photography internship :emo:

I'm happy for her to get this opportunity and whatnot, but I want my wedding pictures dammit!

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
I'm too busy moving/copying terabytes of stuff back and forth to play anything other than lame casual/facebook games :(

uptown
May 16, 2009
Someone super cute asked me out on a date and I'm nervous like an idiot.

None of my friends understand. They're either married or go on lots of dates that never work out, so they're jaded as hell.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My carpal tunnel is acting up like a bastard lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

All I want to do is play videogames but before I can do that I've got to write another 350 words towards today's quota and I've also been consumed by a stupid bullshit project that I won't even enjoy when I'm done but can I stop myself wasting hours modding Football Manager? can I gently caress.

• Locked thread