Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

That the list I was talking about. I remember the last time I downloaded them they accidentally labeled I think two of them as one of the games featured in the Gameroom library instead of it proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Overbite posted:

With video game pinball I want either realistic physics with real tables or something completely videogamey like Devil Crash. Megadrive version.

Pinball FX is a lot of the latter. I mean it goes for semi-realistic ball physics but a lot of the tables are quite insane.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Game Room might be my favourite Giant Bomb thing of all time. The progression of it is just perfect, from the starting enthusiasm to the slow descending despair and ambivalence to ending with loving Venetian Blinds. I'm sure we've all seen that 5 stages of grief compilation video.

For better or worse, I could watch Jeff sit around and talk about old games from now and 'till forever. I wish there was some alternative service out there that actually worked.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hakkesshu posted:

Game Room might be my favourite Giant Bomb thing of all time. The progression of it is just perfect, from the starting enthusiasm to the slow descending despair and ambivalence to ending with loving Venetian Blinds. I'm sure we've all seen that 5 stages of grief compilation video.

For better or worse, I could watch Jeff sit around and talk about old games from now and 'till forever. I wish there was some alternative service out there that actually worked.

I can definitely say that Game Room is my favorite thing they have done. They start out so hyped going YEAH THESE OLD GAMES ARE OK PLUS DREAMCAST STUFF IS COMING! and it's just this steady slope downwards. Nothing can top that time Jeff tricked Ryan into sitting in on another Game Room video instead of Bioshock.

I think that Game Room as a concept just doesn't work and won't ever work on a large scale. There's too many contracts and rights spread to too many parties that the cost will never work out and even if it did hardly anyone will ever actually play them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

I didn't say you were bad cupcake, I said you were wrong. It doesn't get to -30 degrees in Colorado all the time, in fact -24 is the record coldest it's ever gotten in Denver. Also flushing salt water through your nose has dubious practical benefits, but if you need a little placebo to feel better, well thats nice.

This is the dumbest loving argument holy poo poo. I'd wipe out the earth's population just to never hear "Heh, you think that's cold?" and the ensuing debate again.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Does Rory smoke too?

Rory smokes rocks.

asahdeaf
Sep 6, 2010

randombattle posted:

I can definitely say that Game Room is my favorite thing they have done. They start out so hyped going YEAH THESE OLD GAMES ARE OK PLUS DREAMCAST STUFF IS COMING! and it's just this steady slope downwards. Nothing can top that time Jeff tricked Ryan into sitting in on another Game Room video instead of Bioshock.

I think that Game Room as a concept just doesn't work and won't ever work on a large scale. There's too many contracts and rights spread to too many parties that the cost will never work out and even if it did hardly anyone will ever actually play them.

One of my favorite moments was when Jeff bought Sonic Adventure on XBLA out of disgust towards Game Room and then realized halfway through the download that he hated Sonic Adventure.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Fallom posted:

This is the dumbest loving argument holy poo poo. I'd wipe out the earth's population just to never hear "Heh, you think that's cold?" and the ensuing debate again.

19C is the perfect temperature and I will nuke any amount of oceans or forests to make the earth that temperature all the time.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

19C is the perfect temperature and I will nuke any amount of oceans or forests to make the earth that temperature all the time.

What's a C

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Overbite posted:

What's a C

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Overbite posted:

What's a C

It's almost but not quite a °C.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like how the founders of Liberia decided to take fahrenheit with them

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

19 C is ~67 F so skeleton man is basically right

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Somebody give OLW power, that temperature is basically the right one for anything worthwhile.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Jackie D posted:

19 C is ~67 F so skeleton man is basically right

It's true. I'm from Oregon which is similar (a little colder) but it's fantastic. I lived in Las Vegas for 4 years and during the summer I never wanted to go outside for longer than 20 minutes.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

hes right, even using superior communist measurments

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
That skull is always right. Shadows of the Damned knew all along.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
It can't be the perfect temperature unless you can pass out naked on a beach without getting either goosebumps or heatstroke.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I assure you that you will not get goosebumps or heatstroke by passing out on the beach in 19C. Trust me, I've done it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If nobody's mentioned it, Dave was on the latest Tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIsO_xdLWUI

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Francis posted:

It can't be the perfect temperature unless you can pass out naked on a beach without getting either goosebumps or heatstroke.

If you pass out on the beach here you will probably die within an hour from UV radiation literally melting your flesh, even on a cool summer day.

Gotta love that ozone hole.

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
Well just downloaded 12 hours of Game Room videos. Now do I categorize them in Quick Looks or Endurance Runs...

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Endurance runs. You shouldn't need to ask.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If you pass out on the beach here you will probably die within an hour from UV radiation literally melting your flesh, even on a cool summer day.

Gotta love that ozone hole.

The secret to becoming a skeleton, revealed.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Played some La Mulana again. I really hope they don't go into deep coverage, the game is fun but it will be 4 hours of wandering around with no real idea of what's going on. That or them following a guide almost straight up.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Whizbang posted:

That skull is always right. Shadows of the Damned knew all along.

Shadows of the Damned has always known. Accept your one true savior from 100 more pages of Dark Souls chat, Giant Bomb thread.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 6, 2015

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

19C is too cold to go to the beach :I

Here we have 2 seasons, hot and cold. In Hot season it's like, 40-50C. In cold season it's about 5-10C which is REALLY COLD when you're used to 45C and don't own a jacket.

In between the two seasons it gets really nice for a bit though.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I'm from the UK and if you don't have like 1 death per 100,000 people and the country grinding to a halt when the temperature drops below 20F or rises above 85F then you're spending far too much time worrying about stupid bullshit like 'preparedness'.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

19C is too cold to go to the beach :I

Here we have 2 seasons, hot and cold. In Hot season it's like, 40-50C. In cold season it's about 5-10C which is REALLY COLD when you're used to 45C and don't own a jacket.

In between the two seasons it gets really nice for a bit though.

30C is way too loving hot, anything over that is grounds for just burying yourself in a deep hole and letting the chilling embrace of the grave take you. What kind of blasted hellscape do you and your lizard man brethren live in?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

30C is way too loving hot, anything over that is grounds for just burying yourself in a deep hole and letting the chilling embrace of the grave take you. What kind of blasted hellscape do you and your lizard man brethren live in?

Middle East, so literally a blasted hellscape in parts

There's AC everywhere, you never feel the heat unless you're outdoors. It's actually 23C in your car, office, house, shopping, pretty much everywhere. If you go to the beach well there's water at least.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is there any easier way to watch endurance runs than to try and sort through pages to find them?

Watching Persona 4 and getting irritated at having to close pages, and open new ones to watch them.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A8186976CC9159E

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Tithin Melias posted:

Is there any easier way to watch endurance runs than to try and sort through pages to find them?

Watching Persona 4 and getting irritated at having to close pages, and open new ones to watch them.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=persona%204%20endurance%20run%2C%20playlist&sm=1

e: pffft

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ta to both of ya :)

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Tithin Melias posted:

Ta to both of ya :)

This isn't really acceptable behaviour in this thread. You have to choose one to thank, you can't thank them both.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

I dunno you guys, that seems really hot :ohdear:

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Tithin Melias posted:

It is amazing that during the redesign process, no one realised how loving painful it was to watch things like endurance runs from the beginning. As someone who has done a lot of WebMastery, I get that there are a million different use cases you're trying to deal with, but there are some simple things that make the site awful to use. A lot of it comes down to their insistence on using AJAX for everything and making it impossible to link/bookmark pages.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Anyone else watch that Jazzpunk trailer? It seems interesting enough to check it out. Don't really know what it is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halwain
May 31, 2011
I started watching some of the Chrono Trigger endurance run videos.
Whats wrong with people in the comments :stare:

• Locked thread