Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

meatpimp posted:

Holy poo poo, you stole that thing. Well done.

Exactly this. God drat.

I'll pay you 3k for it. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That price is highway robbery :stare:

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!
Wow, that's clean. How many miles on it?

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams

ehnus posted:

Wow, that's clean. How many miles on it?

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 27, 2014

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Just picked this up yesterday. It came down between this or a '13 Focus ST.

Also, I need a garage.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Is that sticker on the windshield suppose to stay there? It seems like its in the middle of the windshield when driving and seems kind of tacky.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 15, 2022

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Ah, the Ford Tiësto.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Here are some additional photos

I now cease hijacking

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 27, 2014

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Carteret posted:

He could be talking about the rubber/plastic/stuff formed around the metal ring that forms the physical steering wheel. My old CRX steering wheel was like that.

Yes, the rubber outside part has begun to separate from the metal ring inside at the top, not that I grab it there.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 27, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Unless I'm missing something, the steering wheel itself won't cause slop; I'd suggest loose tie rods or a worn steering rack first.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

He could be talking about the rubber/plastic/stuff formed around the metal ring that forms the physical steering wheel. My old CRX steering wheel was like that.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Clean car, three hours of fixing multiple broken car washes, 100 miles later and i have to pull my car into my other jobs heated garage to thaw it out.

Winter wheels with V rated Dunlop Winter Sport 3D tires.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Why did you have to pull it inside to thaw out? Looks like it just got a bit snowy. :confused:

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Going to be ten below before windchill for a couple days. I had so much snow packed in that the tires were self clearancing turning it into granite like ice. I had to chisel it out after a couple hours so i could use the lift for actual customers.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Toucan Sam posted:

Clean car, three hours of fixing multiple broken car washes, 100 miles later and i have to pull my car into my other jobs heated garage to thaw it out.

Lovely winter in Ohio this year, ain't it?

How do you like the Soul? My wife's Rav4 is going on the block soon and we've both warmed up to the ridiculousness of the Juke, but the Soul is something to consider -- how is the power (or is it lack of?)

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
I went from a very fast car to this car. It's got plenty of power for what it is, I have the 2.0. I have over 17k on it in the six months I've had it and had zero problems. I average 30mpg which is way more than its rated but I also drive it like an economy car.

Toucan Sam fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 27, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
How do you like the winter sport 3Ds?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I had wintersport 3D's on my e46 320d and the only time I got anywhere near stuck was because I'd high centred myself. Even handled decent in a Scottish summer (~20 degrees centigrade). Would def recommend.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
I used to run continental extreme contact dws tires and they were awesome in the snow but a dedicated snow tire blows them away. They ride nice and quiet and still handle the dry warm weather fine. Never been close to stuck even in a foot of snow in my soul which is a light car. I can't recommend them enough.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Cool, I actually have the same tires on my Mazda 3 and they still slide around a bit in slush but I've never actually had another snow tire to compare it with, plus it barely snows here in Seattle.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Four and a half years later and I still love this car. Equipped with proper snow tires it is very capable in the bad weather. And RWD is better for doing donuts anyways. Just don't look inside the rear windows, you will find two child seats.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

_firehawk posted:

Four and a half years later and I still love this car. Equipped with proper snow tires it is very capable in the bad weather. And RWD is better for doing donuts anyways. Just don't look inside the rear windows, you will find two child seats.

Ditto on the winter tires and child seats. (picture taken before snow)

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

I traded in the E55 for something with better gas mileage.

Just when we're having the first winter storm in 20 years.

It drive good.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Unf, those hips.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
What, you didn't like getting 12 MPG around town in the E55?!?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Cyrezar posted:

I average 13 highway/city combined in my V6 :(

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Between the FC and the Z06, I had to use the Z06 as the fuel-sipper. 9mpg in the city for the FC.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Cyrezar posted:

It wasn't my favorite part. Plus the car was pushing 90k miles, one of the Airmatic struts was going out ($2000), the trunk closer and rear sunshade stopped working, an air bladder broke in the passenger dynamic seat, and the power steering pump sounded like one on a 1985 F-150. It was hard to hear over the supercharger though :getin:

I'm really liking the Cayman so far, but I've been snowbound since I got it home. Bama snowpocalypse 2014, woo

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:

_firehawk posted:

I've been driving my '09 G8 GT with summer tires (Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110) on in the snow. I haven't gotten stuck yet. Granted, during the 2 big storms we had in NJ here, I couldn't go faster than 15mph most of the time (under 10mph on some side roads), and I had to avoid all hills.

Quite surprised. Although next year I am going to get a set of smaller wheels and some snow tires. I just didn't want to spend the almost $300/tire for the OEM 19s.

Rye Bread fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 29, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Stop doing that and at least get some all seasons before you slide around and into something/someone. Jesus.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Haven't driven it in over 2 years, but it is now in a shop having all the little niggly poo poo fixed because I don't have the time these days.
Back on the road for my birthday in March I think? or hope?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Holy fuckballs thats a collection of MR2s.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

SquirrelGrip posted:

Haven't driven it in over 2 years, but it is now in a shop having all the little niggly poo poo fixed because I don't have the time these days.
Back on the road for my birthday in March I think? or hope?

Are you in aus/nz or the uk?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
In Australia, SE Queensland to be semi-exact.

Yeah that is a collection, sadly this is taken at the workshop and I only own the one front and centre.

The others will donate some parts to mine, the purple one that is peeking out has a CF phoenix power style engine lid that I desperately want.

Will be back on the road in pretty stock form (engine wise) bar the quad coil ignition and haltech ecu plus some tein suspension all round. I just want to drive it again.

After that.... some calls get made on how best to spend my remaining budget. I want a 5SGTE built or a charged 2GRFE. I am an idiot.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Rye Bread posted:

I've been driving my '09 G8 GT with summer tires (Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110) on in the snow. I haven't gotten stuck yet. Granted, during the 2 big storms we had in NJ here, I couldn't go faster than 15mph most of the time (under 10mph on some side roads), and I had to avoid all hills.

Quite surprised. Although next year I am going to get a set of smaller wheels and some snow tires. I just didn't want to spend the almost $300/tire for the OEM 19s.

Snow tires are AMAZING. Just buy a cheap set of the smallest wheels that will fit around your brakes, and the skinniest tires possible. People will look at you like 'WTF' when you can actually turn corners on snow instead of slide.

Just make sure to swap them out if the temps are above 40 or so for extended periods. They're so soft that they'll wear really quickly. The tread on my Blizzak WS60s feels about like the rubber on the bottom of my sneakers.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Rye Bread posted:

If you have the standard GT brakes and haven't upgraded to the GXP or Camaro SS Brembo's then you can go the same route as I did. Goto tirerack and get a set of 17x7.5" alloys with 225/55/17's. They may seem small, but they clear the brakes easily. And the 225/55 series rubber will have the same overall diameter as the 245/45/18's (my car) or the 245/40/19's (your car). The ability to stop, makes winter tires worth it, the whole ounce of prevention thing. The skinnier tires will also help focus the weight and the traction. However in the dry, it will be much easier to break the rear end loose. Believe me when I say that I drove with the RSA all seasons in the snow, I was like you... drive slow, hope to stop. Now with dedicated snows, hills make no difference, even in 4-5" of snow. They are amazing and keeping the stability control on, coupled with the LSD out back means the G8's are so much fun to drive in the snow.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

angryhampster posted:

Snow tires are AMAZING. Just buy a cheap set of the smallest wheels that will fit around your brakes, and the skinniest tires possible. People will look at you like 'WTF' when you can actually turn corners on snow instead of slide.

Just make sure to swap them out if the temps are above 40 or so for extended periods. They're so soft that they'll wear really quickly. The tread on my Blizzak WS60s feels about like the rubber on the bottom of my sneakers.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/winter-tires-track-tested

"The other [myth] is that having them on when there’s no snow on the ground will wear them out. No way. We’ve run dedicated snow tires for months without seeing any snow at all."

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/winter-tires-track-tested

"The other [myth] is that having them on when there’s no snow on the ground will wear them out. No way. We’ve run dedicated snow tires for months without seeing any snow at all."

I've read that article before, but it doesn't mention specific temperatures. It's one thing to have dry streets. It's another to have warm temperatures. It was a high of 12 today here in eastern Iowa but our streets are perfectly clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
In the spring, If i still have my snows on and it hits 50 degrees the car feels almost greasy going around corners. The snow tires get that soft.