Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

And everyone I know wonders why I want a new camera. I had to run it through Photoshop with gradient maps to get rid of the bulk of the noise.

This was at ISO 400 on a Sony DSC-H9.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

Got my brand new (to me) D7000. I haven't figured out how to properly expose at night, but dammit if I didn't get some cat pictures. Managed to catch one cat in the middle of yawn and mashed the shutter. I originally uploaded them to Instagram so they have slight goofy filters on them. I hope that's not too taboo. All taken with aforementioned D7000 with a 35 1.8

Full "yawn" series. I literally have nothing better to do right now. #cats by sdmacdonald, on Flickr

If he doesn't also get a picture he threatens to murder us in our sleep. #littlemonster #cats #catsofinstagram by sdmacdonald, on Flickr

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
People aren't the only ones that get worn out around the holidays.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Hypnotized
Nov 2, 2004
The snow makes him go insane...

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It's a cat, in a cradle. I would like to make a pun but it's too easy.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's a cat, in a cradle. I would like to make a pun but it's too easy.

You're missing the silver spoon.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I took the 75-300mm out in the backyard yesterday because I haven't really used it yet. I was hoping to get some pictures of birds, but the cat scared them away.

The cat was a decent subject, though.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

When you buy a new camera, what do you do? Take cat pictures, of course. D600 and 50mm 1.8G. 3200 ISO, no noise reduction. I'm in love.

DSC_1926-2 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

DSC_1956 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
More of Pangur Dubh because Tumblr can't get enough of him, so y'all might like it too:

He likes to nibble on sticks.

Lounging.

All noble and poo poo.

Apparently we have a matched set now. The white one is a stray that is apparently buddies with Pangur. Pangur hunts the rabbit, but isn't sure he could take him, so doesn't actually make an attempt. The white cat is completely uninterested in the rabbit.

Pangur was also a stray; InedblePenguin found a tiny black kitten and took him in two days before Halloween to protect him, and he was so cute we kept him. We're not sure he's actually a cat. He is uninterested in catnip, comes when called, and doesn't make me die (I am violently allergic to cats). He might be one of those Celtic demons that takes the form of a cat.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Shhhh....

Hypnotized
Nov 2, 2004
Dressed for success

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

This winter my cat figured out how to sleep under the blankets.

20140122-_MG_3648 by wallofinsanity, on Flickr

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
He loves the snow even if he's so small he needs a jacket to stay warm...

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
My sister's cat who escaped on Saturday and got run over by a couple cars and miraculously only wound up with a few scrapes and claw damage

Hendrix by tylerhuestis, on Flickr

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Mo money mo problems.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Dog exists outside of spacetime. Creates universe with single fart.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Just bought my first ever dslr, so time to take dogge photos!

Pitbull/something cross

1Y8A0005 by dion.sole, on Flickr

Chihuahua/Griffon cross:

1Y8A0074 by dion.sole, on Flickr

1Y8A0015 by dion.sole, on Flickr

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dog seems confused why everything is green in the middle of January.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Went to photograph my sister's new baby, best shot of the day was her dog. :(

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
I'd like to introduce you to Banzai.

He is terrified of digital SLRs, so I have to surprise him in order to get any decent photos of him.

Chroisman
Mar 27, 2010
These aren't my pets, but we went to a place called "Bird Street" in Taipei, Taiwan. It was pretty sad because they were selling all these lovely birds but their living conditions were atrocious.

Here is a nice galah. All the parrots were chained up to posts and couldn't really move around.

Other, smaller birds were crammed into little cages in numbers that were clearly too high for their living conditions. Here are some budgies. I have budgies at home that we take care of well so it wasn't too nice seeing them all crammed like this.

We passed by a rubbish bin full of dead birds. That was really sad :smith:. For some reason I didn't transfer my actual photos of my pets to my PC.

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Jackson

Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Chroisman posted:

We passed by a rubbish bin full of dead birds. That was really sad :smith:. For some reason I didn't transfer my actual photos of my pets to my PC.

This makes me really angry. We keep some finches and can't bear to even keep them in their enormous cage so we let them fly around the house. I've had to go to a specialty bird shop before and it made me ill to see all of these birds in tiny cages packed into rooms filled with other birds all chirping their tiny little heads off. Its so stressful and sad.

Here's my birds hanging out on the chandelier being free*

*well, as free as possible for birds raised entirely in captivity

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Emery really needed a haircut:

So we gave him one:

Geektox fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 2, 2014

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
All my high-action dog park photos are taking the same grainy somewhat desaturated look (mainly from a Nik Color Efex preset I built) but I'm not sure where else I'd want to take them. Hm.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

I found my old Digital Rebel XT today.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Got a couple shots of a friends farm cats before a trip to Colorado.

IMG_2831 by jg zkc, on Flickr

IMG_2850 by jg zkc, on Flickr

IMG_2857 by jg zkc, on Flickr

MEsean
Aug 29, 2003

Roommate's catte

Aggg!

Tongue :3

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A
Ooh, this one's real nice. Snowboard catte!

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Question for you guys.

I've been shooting for my local Humane Society for around 3-4 years, and have accumulated a collection of 1,700 keeper images. This seems like something I should spin into a project, personally or for the shelter - they like the idea of leveraging the work somehow. Just wondering if anyone had any neat ideas in whatever direction, considering the general appetite the people/internet has for animal pictures - beyond doing a calendar or whatever else. This could manifest itself as a physical collection at the shelter, or as something fun and meme-like on the Internet, just wanted to brainstorm with a group of posters I've grown to like and trust, and who may have seen cool things in their time.

Thanks for your time! Max thanks you, too.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 25, 2014

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies
If catnip is crack for cattes, then cardboard must be a memory foam mattress covered in high thread count egyption cotton sheets.

L1000220 by Daniel Durrans, on Flickr

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Loving my new camera.

DSCF1162 by jg zkc, on Flickr

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

TsarAleksi posted:

He loves the snow even if he's so small he needs a jacket to stay warm...

I want that coat :3:

Hypnotized posted:

Dressed for success

I really like this preset, I just wish the blacks were more neutral and not color-shifted like everything else.

So I just got a bargain basement 85 1.8 from a goon,

Sharky Bear by chazaraz, on Flickr

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

After an extra long-walk/photography session in some frigid ocean winds, Emery was so tired he just went straight to the backseat of the car and made himself a little nest out of my jacket:

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
Shot from this morning.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

DSC_2141 by AVIDWORKS, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
We've named the white one "Jimmy" for some reason (a bit ironic, since the black cat is named after a white cat in a poem). Jimmy shares in Pangur Dubh's pastimes of "hanging out on the roof" and chewing on sticks."

There's also a fat grey-and-white cat we're pretty sure belongs to the neighbors (looks just like fknlo's cat, we call him Tom Hardy), and a standard orange tabby that we think is from the neighbors on the other side.

Pangur in the snow a few weeks ago:

Only Pangur is allowed inside the house, of course. I'm allergic to cats, or we'd have ALL THE CATS. Pangur gets a pass because we rescued him as a tiny kitten on Halloween, and I'm not entirely sure he's really a cat -- he acts like you'd expect a sidhe pretending to be a cat to act (rather than actual cat mannerisms), smells vaguely like Dektol (so I'm told; I'm not going to huff the cat to check just in case he is actually a cat), and doesn't make my eyes swell shut when he's in the same room.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 25, 2014