Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Justin_Brett posted:

Hopefully who they hired in this case will make them less likely to change things halfway through, especially considering how making Kyoryuger radically different than Gobusters didn't change much in ratings.

This isn't a Sentai, so its ratings aren't absolute garbage. Also toy sales are through the roof. There's absolutely no reason for them to step in and do that poo poo.

LightningKimba posted:

The Sengoku Driver is known as the Warring Driver from Aesirsubs, so I assume the new name is to match up with how the Sengoku Driver is named after him?

Wärring Driver, I think you'll find. I just wanted to introduce metal umlauts on this page, don't mind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only thing it seems they're dragging out a bit is Micchy trying to hide the fact that he's Ryugen from his brother, but it makes sense in the storyline and I'm sure the reveal isn't going to be too far off now that it seems Yggdrasil is gathering up the belt owners.

I think his brother is the only one who doesn't know that Micchy is Ryugen unless his brother's been keeping mum about it the whole time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AzraelNewtype posted:

Wärring Driver, I think you'll find. I just wanted to introduce metal umlauts on this page, don't mind me.

Dr. Wärren Stätesmänn

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Xelkelvos posted:

I think his brother is the only one who doesn't know that Micchy is Ryugen unless his brother's been keeping mum about it the whole time.
He would've almost found out when Sid showed him the dossiers on all the Sengoku Driver users but didn't bother going through them.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Just back-to-backed the last two episodes due to falling behind and... man. MAN.

Remember when we were all pissed about the new Kamen Rider being about loving fruit?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Eponymous posted:

Just back-to-backed the last two episodes due to falling behind and... man. MAN.

Remember when we were all pissed about the new Kamen Rider being about loving fruit?

Yo man, fruit is serious business. I knew Kamen Rider could get dark, but not the series where the hero is a citrus.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Rei_ posted:

My money is really on Hase getting Cherry Arms, they're probably going to wind up recruiting him or something.

Well, in one way he did get Cherry Arms, the Cherry Arms Experience if you will. :v:

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So I remember that some shows are livestreamed from the broadcast or something, does anyone know if they do that with Gaim, or if someone is doing that with Gaim.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Apollove posted:

So I remember that some shows are livestreamed from the broadcast or something, does anyone know if they do that with Gaim, or if someone is doing that with Gaim.

They do and it literally JUST ended like 2 mins ago.

Spoilers from the PREVIEW of next week's episode: They loving managed to keep a form upgrade unspoiled. Like I was actually surprise when the armor popped up in the preview.

And about THIS weeks episode apparently EVERYONE at Yggdrasil outside of Takatora is running their own side scheme. Sid's being a massive evil rear end in a top hat, Peach lady's working with Dr. Warren Statesmann with his new R&D plans, And the DJ gives Gaim his escape, an extension for his drive so it can use Energy Lockseeds and A Lemon Energy Lock Seed. Things are only getting crazier. Also some really good stuff from Kaito this week. More magic card tricks.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 26, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They're not as good as pen tricks, sadly. She was a pretty great.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gaim was pretty good this week. It's been getting better, and the introduction of the Energy Riders last week and their plots and involvement with Yggdrasil has helped things a lot. Takatorabatta finally finding out about his brother being a Beat Rider is the plot point I've been waiting for. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts after he's done making GBS threads that brick from finding out. Also, I hope they continue to give the Hopper Dopant a lot of fight scenes. She's pretty great.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
When does the Raw get put up

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

It's up now. Over-Time usually puts raws out within 24 hours, give or take.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Alright watched the episode. Peach rider continues to not disappoint, DJ Sagara being a cool guy was awesome, the escape was great, TakaToraBatta finding out about Micchy was great, Micchy trying to stop Kouta from finding out he killed Yuuya was great, the fight against Sid was amazing, just, man everything was great.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Next ep preview spoilers: I wonder how they're gonna explain how Orange + what looks like Lemon Energy = That

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
If I had real photoshop skills I'd change this to say YOU DIED and maybe just have a real Dark Souls screenshot in the background.

I'm pretty sure it's the same font too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Subs are out and

Magenta please stop
. You're gonna get all the fanboys and spergs to have aneurisms .

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I'm so glad DJ Sagara doesn't let up his attitude even when the jig is up. :allears:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

One of my favorite things this ep was the fact that Sigurd holds his hand to his head just like how he holds his hat. It's a nice touch. ... Actually, both Ryoma and Sagara's way of speaking really gets me. This has been a good month of fruit samurai.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Next ep preview spoilers: I wonder how they're gonna explain how Orange + what looks like Lemon Energy = That

The Lemon transforms to go over the armor. Also, this is probably what they translated into "raiment" given the appearance.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
I love how the reason the Sengoku drivers do all the "Knight of Spear" stuff is because Ryouma is just a huge dork. That's so great.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Apollove posted:

I love how the reason the Sengoku drivers do all the "Knight of Spear" stuff is because Ryouma is just a huge dork. That's so great.

You realize this essentially means that one day he had to pull aside some random Yggdrasill shmuck who was passing by, and hand him a mic and a list of phrases saying, "Hey, I need you to do me a favor... For science, you know..."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

melodicwaffle posted:

You realize this essentially means that one day he had to pull aside some random Yggdrasill shmuck who was passing by, and hand him a mic and a list of phrases saying, "Hey, I need you to do me a favor... For science, you know..."

I'm more interested in how it picks phrases for each person/seed. I still don't understand why the hell Jounouichi got NEVER GIVE UP.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm more interested in how it picks phrases for each person/seed. I still don't understand why the hell Jounouichi got NEVER GIVE UP.

Well, the acorn is a hard nut to crack. :)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Apollove posted:

That was a great reveal in Kyoryuger and it's just as great here.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Hey I got pictures of a new lockseed maybe you want to see

http://imgur.com/a/3Pyll

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

Hey I got pictures of a new lockseed maybe you want to see

http://imgur.com/a/3Pyll

Oh tokusatsu shows, this is why I love you so.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
"Your lies got us..." "Got you the admiration of fans all over! Thrilling, astonishing battles! You'd never, ever have shone like this without us."

GOD that is such an Urobuchi villain line. I love it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Everyone has their own agenda. It's wonderful, and I'm really hoping that now that the Beat Riders are all pretty much finished, the Warring States allusions are gonna transfer to a splintering Yggdrasil.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Xelkelvos posted:

The Lemon transforms to go over the armor. Also, this is probably what they translated into "raiment" given the appearance.

Preview spoilers: Not exactly, it's this, a Jinbaori. The name as written is Jinbaa Lemon, all in katakana for some reason.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

AzraelNewtype posted:

Preview spoilers: Not exactly, it's this, a Jinbaori. The name as written is Jinbaa Lemon, all in katakana for some reason.

Hah, so the Japanese version of that dude who owns a bastard sword, we finally meet.

edit: Wait so it's basically a sleeveless Hawaiian shirt?

Is it the white thing the dudes in Seireitei wear in Bleach? C'mon Az, you gotta explain this poo poo to me in neckbeard.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 27, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm wondering if/when Kaito will get a scene like this with Ryouma.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

jonjonaug posted:

Considering Ryouma is offering him a way to greater POWER, I don't think it'll take that long. Nice catch on the parallels there, by the way.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Upcoming movie spoilers:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/12344_10151975274239862_299202758_n.jpg

http://i.4cdn.org/m/src/1390884159863.jpg

Movie Rider. Decade Arms, and what appears to be Gaim Arms, not Orange Arms (check the shoulderpads).

And FINALLY, the power of the Walnut Lockseed will be revealed!

http://i.4cdn.org/m/src/1390883903532.jpg

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Walnut looks cool. I hope Sunflower gets something too

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Here's a bunch more Gaim related scans from the /m/ thread that those were posted in. Linked for mega spoilers.

http://imgur.com/a/UHdJn

I didn't think it was possible for my hype levels for Gaim to get any higher but welp here we are.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

jonjonaug posted:

I hope this means Mai has a scene like this with Marika :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is that SHOCKER Arms?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The Leper Colon V posted:

Is that SHOCKER Arms?

FIFTEEN LOCKSEED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Everything is so good and the plot keeps moving episode to episode.

Any time now I'm expecting them to go "Whelp we know how to cure the monsters now so we can go back to our two episode victim of the week formula!" but it hasn't happened yet.

• Locked thread