Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Welp, I made my first ever mod. Pathetic in how insignificant it is, but it tweaks one of my pet annoyances. Terrifying Presence is practically useless by the time you get it.

I created a rather buff, creepy melee character and was annoyed that I had to get my speech up to do what should come as second nature to me: Being a terror.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54805/

Terrifying Presence is now a trait with a strength/charisma requirement. You can now scare the poo poo out of Vulpes right from the get-go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Speaking of minor tweaking mods for stuff that irritates, can somebody do a mod where Meyers wears some a little more Western-esqe (One of the Dusters or something) instead of the basic Powder Ganger uniform when you tell him to get to Prim?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm pretty sure there's a Sheriff's Duster in the Sheriff's house, too, so it seems weird he'd still wear his powder ganger stuff.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Speaking of minor tweaking mods for stuff that irritates, can somebody do a mod where Meyers wears some a little more Western-esqe (One of the Dusters or something) instead of the basic Powder Ganger uniform when you tell him to get to Prim?

If such a mod doesn't come, you can always open the console, click on him, type "openteammatecontainer 1" and exchange his clothes for anything you want.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I also seem to have downloaded a mod which has lost half the interiors of HELIOS 1 :stare:.

Duckforce Alpha
May 23, 2006
D:
Hey guys, trying to set up a few mods so I can do another playthrough of the game. Everything looks like it's working pretty well except I'm not getting any percentages when I'm in vats. My best guess is that it's from Project Nevada but I went through the options and couldn't find it.

Any help?

That's my mod list so far. Should I have the load orders switched as well? Am I missing some must-have mods?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I haven't heard of that kind of VATS problem before I'm afraid, but that load order looks fine to me.

Just to build on what you've got there already; you've got WMX but none of the add-on patches for it and DLC and whatnot. You can use WMX and the DLC stuff without those patches, but then you won't have new weapon mods for the DLC weapons, of course. Anyway, those are on the WMX Nexus page. I am actually updating a bunch of WMX stuff sometime soon though (next few days, maybe), so... keep an eye out for that, I guess.

Also, there's a support patch for PN and WMX on PN's patches page. Again you don't have to use it, but it should make things a bit smoother, give you more stuff, etc.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Cool, didn't know you were a goon, Antistar.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Is there a way to figure out what specific texture a piece of armor is using? I ask this because my BoS stuff looks pretty nice (using the Book of Steel) apart from two specific pieces, one helmet and the glove, I guess.

They're clearly using some sort of different texture, but I have no idea where to begin to figure out how to fix this.

Here's a non-coordinated BoS Paladin

Tried toggling archive invalidation several times but nothing.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Could someone recommend me a good enb?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dongicus posted:

Could someone recommend me a good enb?

I recommend the Old World ENB. It looks great for screenshots and in-game it's really quite stunning. I believe it's on the first page of fallout nv nexus.

TexMexFoodbaby fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 23, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Cool, didn't know you were a goon, Antistar.

Well, a fairly newgoon. :v:

I used to lurk in this thread a while back (plus in the LP sub-forum). Only got around to registering recently. I ended up doing some more FNV modding lately (been busy with Skyrim, and I will be going back to that), and remembered this thread.

Duckforce Alpha
May 23, 2006
D:

Antistar01 posted:

I haven't heard of that kind of VATS problem before I'm afraid, but that load order looks fine to me.
Thank you for your help, I did a clean install of the game and the VATS seems to be fixed. Unfortunately, I'm still having some issues with the game.

My mods are as follows

Mod manager order is

The game launches, looks, and runs relatively smoothly but I'm having a few issues. The first is the combination of MTUI and Project Nevada. Every time I get in game I get an error that says Project Nevada HUD files are missing. I much prefer the MTUI menus so I'd like to have them working in harmony if possible. The second is that functions of Project Nevada aren't working (sprint, bullet time, one perk per level). I have the options in my menu to mess with all the settings but they don't seem to be taking effect.

Am I supposed to activate those mods in a specific order? (Project Nevada, MTUI, Mod Config Menu, Unified HUD Project). They overwrite one another and I'm not sure which one goes in which order. I think this is probably the source of most of my problems.

Secondly, the game plays pretty fine but I'm getting an abnormal amount of crashes. It's playable but insanely tedious to keep re-launching and quick saving a ton. Entering buildings, walking around, just random crashes.

Should I just give up trying to get MTUI and Project Nevada to co-operate? Is the flora mod the cause of any of my issues due to NMC Textures? Ideally I'd like to keep all of the mods I have there, but I'm just crashing too regularly. I feel like I ALMOST have it working but I'm missing something clearly.

Sorry for the trouble, I remember doing this a year or two ago and having trouble getting them all going successfully. Skyrim I was able to get 50 mods or so working no problem but Vegas gives me a hard time.

Duckforce Alpha fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 24, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Duckforce Alpha posted:

Secondly, the game plays pretty fine but I'm getting an abnormal amount of crashes. It's playable but insanely tedious to keep re-launching and quick saving a ton. Entering buildings, walking around, just random crashes.

Are you using the FNV4GB executable? You may be getting an "out of memory" crash from trying to run a bunch of mods/textures without expanding the amount of RAM that the game can use (it's a real common problem).

With regards to getting PN icons, MCM, MTUI, oHUD, DarnUI, etc. working together--it can be very temperamental, as you're learning. When I was trying to get MCM, oHUD, and DarnUI working with a load order that included Project Nevada, I kept seeing the errors you're describing. If I changed the install order, I'd make the warnings go away, but then some of the menus would be completely broken...or MCM would stop working. Eventually I discovered that the latest version of the Mod Configuration Menu (v1.5) was causing some of these issues, and I was advised to roll back to an older version (which was no longer available on the Nexus*). My "solution" was to transplant a working combination of menu files from an install I had on another computer, which fixed the issue...because that install had MCM 1.3 or 1.4.

Anyway, I've seen people post fixes for specific combinations of menu and HUD mods on this thread, so hopefully somebody will be able to share a solution with you.

*Although I'm not sure if the latest version of PN (2.5?) is still bundled with an older version of MCM. It was at one point.

Duckforce Alpha
May 23, 2006
D:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you using the FNV4GB executable? You may be getting an "out of memory" crash from trying to run a bunch of mods/textures without expanding the amount of RAM that the game can use (it's a real common problem).
Thanks for your help, I guess I've gotta search for the most compatible UI mod that will cooperate with Project Nevada.

I'm launching my game by clicking 'Launch Fallout: NV" on the Fallout Mod Manager (0.13.21) and under Settings, Fallout: New Vegas, Custom Launch Command I have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\fnv4gb.exe". I assume that means I'm using FNV4GB properly? Or should I navigate to the file myself and launch it?

Edit -> I managed to get DarnifiedUI + oHUD cooperating with the functions of Project Nevada (via changing the order of activation for Mod Configuration Menu and Unified HUD).

Hopefully that will solve some of my crashing issues.

Duckforce Alpha fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 24, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Does anybody know how (if it's possible, although I'd think it is) to manipulate NPC levels? Like, opening the console, targeting the NPC, and then changing their level on the fly? I'm doing some tests with weapon damage and level scaling and I want to see how robust the health changes I made are in later levels.

Duckforce Alpha posted:

Thanks for your help, I guess I've gotta search for the most compatible UI mod that will cooperate with Project Nevada.

I'm launching my game by clicking 'Launch Fallout: NV" on the Fallout Mod Manager (0.13.21) and under Settings, Fallout: New Vegas, Custom Launch Command I have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\fnv4gb.exe". I assume that means I'm using FNV4GB properly? Or should I navigate to the file myself and launch it?

Edit -> I managed to get DarnifiedUI + oHUD cooperating with the functions of Project Nevada (via changing the order of activation for Mod Configuration Menu and Unified HUD).

Hopefully that will solve some of my crashing issues.

If you've got the executable targeted like that, you should be running it when you load the game from FOMM. In which case, I'm not sure what the problem could be. How often do you CTD? Do you see the same sort of instability, even on fresh characters?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Does anybody know how (if it's possible, although I'd think it is) to manipulate NPC levels? Like, opening the console, targeting the NPC, and then changing their level on the fly? I'm doing some tests with weapon damage and level scaling and I want to see how robust the health changes I made are in later levels.

I cannot test it at the moment but you should be able to click on the NPC in the console and then use the command setLevel n, where n is the level you want to set.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
The thing with the various mods that edits the UI, is that they all edit the same xml files. So if you dump them in your data folder without concidering compatibility, you're going to run into problems like yours.
Try this as installation order:
1 - Darn or MTUI
2 - MCM
3 - Project Nevada
4 - If you're using PN's fomod installer, it should have done this automatically. But to be sure, find the map "optional" in PN's 7z archive, grab the map "Menus" from either the folder called DarnUI or MTUI depending on which you chose at step 1 and paste it into the Data folder overwriting existing files.

At this point your installation with regards to UI files should work. If you want to install other mods that affect the UI after this, be sure to also grab the Unified HUD Project and install that last.

New Vegas uses Bethesda's Gamebryo engine and like all versions of that engine it's not the most stable of engines. That said, it shouldn't crash constantly. Disable autosave and remove all of your mods. Now go start a new vanilla game and see if you still crash a lot.

If you still get a lot of crashing, instal NVSE and grab NVAC of the nexus. Also this .ini tweak has helped some to reduce random crashing. Note that the game will overwrite any changes made to Fallout.ini with the values from Fallout_default.ini (located in the game's instal folder) when you boot the launcher. So edit both and be sure to keep backups.
[General]
bUseThreadedBlood=1
bUseThreadedMorpher=1
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
bUseThreadedAI=1
iNumHWThreads=x (where x is the number of cores your CPU has)
[Audio]
bMultiThreadAudio=1
[BackgroundLoad]
bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1
bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1

Start a new game and see if you still crash a lot. If you do, NVAC's log might give you some indication as to what's going on. If your vanilla setup works fine, go introduce some mods into it. Start with an UI overhaul, MCM, Project Nevada and WMX. Again start a new game and see if things work allright. If it does, instal the graphical and texture overhauls one at the time.
Be sure to grab CASM and use that instead of the vanilla quicksave. The quicksave & autosave work fine on a vanilla setup, but have been known to cause problems in a heavily modded game.

Edit:
VVV
Woops, used the wrong scriptextender acronym. Thanks for pointing that out.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jan 24, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Just want to point out it's actually NVSE that should be installed, given SKSE is the Skyrim version and won't work with Fallout (either 3 or New Vegas, which by the way have two separate versions anyway).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've finally given a world of pain a good shot (with the balance and cleanup patch) and it's pretty loving cool. I like how it doesn't really insult your intelligence, and with most of the new areas you can figure out what went down by looking around.

I managed to find the Reimann Bunker which has teleports to various Redoubts, one of which I gather is in orbit, and another which was a former enclave base riddled with deathclaws. Managed to get a Firelance and two sets of enclave power armor from there.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I don't know if this was ever answered, is it possible to remove Masters from a mod? I'm trying to mod that Schmidt Rubin but I can't get it to activate in GECK so I'm assuming it's not liking me trying to load it without it's master.

libersyber
Jan 15, 2009
My game keeps crashing to desktop while crossing areas. Right now if I try to leave Doc Mitchell's house at the beginning of the game I have around 80% chance the game will crash. I can then try to load the autosave which puts me in the correct area (Goodsprings) but if I try to go enter a different area again, the game will probably crash.

This is my load order from FOMM:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CFWNV.esm
IWS-Core.esm
FalloutNV_lang.esp
pyDoF.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp

Total active plugins: 26
Total plugins: 26

If I disable all the mods the game will keep crashing if loaded the latest save, so something must be corrupting those save files. How do I play this game? This is my 2nd attempt at a playthrough with mods, for some reason this problem appeared only around mid-game in the previous playthrough. Since then I deleted all the saves, the whole game directory, reinstalled FNV, redownloaded and reinstalled the mods - a complete clean install of everything apart from the OS (Win 8).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

PrinceRandom posted:

I don't know if this was ever answered, is it possible to remove Masters from a mod? I'm trying to mod that Schmidt Rubin but I can't get it to activate in GECK so I'm assuming it's not liking me trying to load it without it's master.

You could open the mod up in FNVedit, have a look at the file header and remove any masters you don't need.

libersyber posted:

If I disable all the mods the game will keep crashing if loaded the latest save, so something must be corrupting those save files. How do I play this game? This is my 2nd attempt at a playthrough with mods, for some reason this problem appeared only around mid-game in the previous playthrough. Since then I deleted all the saves, the whole game directory, reinstalled FNV, redownloaded and reinstalled the mods - a complete clean install of everything apart from the OS (Win 8).

First of all, get CASM, and disable the game's autosaving features. CASM seems to handle saves better, and you will definitely get corrupted saves if you use the ingame system, particularly on a modded game.

Then use the New Vegas Anti-Crash NVSE plugin. This actually works, I've played through the game multiple times and I think I've had maybe one crash and i'm pretty sure even that was fixed.

Get it here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 24, 2014

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ddraig posted:

You could open the mod up in FNVedit, have a look at the file header and remove any masters you don't need.

IIRC, FNVEdit doesn't like to load plugins without their masters. You can, however, use TESSnip in FOMM. Open the plugin and under the TES4 heading delete the offending MAST record and the DATA record immediately after it, save and you're good to go.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

libersyber posted:

My game keeps crashing to desktop while crossing areas. Right now if I try to leave Doc Mitchell's house at the beginning of the game I have around 80% chance the game will crash. I can then try to load the autosave which puts me in the correct area (Goodsprings) but if I try to go enter a different area again, the game will probably crash.

This is my load order from FOMM:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CFWNV.esm
IWS-Core.esm
FalloutNV_lang.esp
pyDoF.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp

Total active plugins: 26
Total plugins: 26

In addition to what ddraig is saying, I noticed that your load order is fairly messed up right now--use BOSS (it's part of FOMM) to automatically update your load order. That may not solve your CTD problem, but it's a good place to start. I'd also look at the IWS modules before anything else, since those modules can really tax the engine and cause instability--especially if you aren't using FNV4GB. You may have to go down and start disabling mods and starting new games until you can figure out which modules are causing the CTDs. The good news is that you're not using very many mods, so it shouldn't take long.

SplitSoul posted:

IIRC, FNVEdit doesn't like to load plugins without their masters. You can, however, use TESSnip in FOMM. Open the plugin and under the TES4 heading delete the offending MAST record and the DATA record immediately after it, save and you're good to go.

Yeah TESSnip is what I use to do this, especially when I'm converting FO3 mods to NV and don't even have the associated FO3 masters in order to open the file in GECK or FNVEdit.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Thanks FNV4GB for screwing me for not buying this game twice. New Vegas is a good enough game to buy twice but by the time I realized I could use some more ram I already sunk 10 hours into a save file and I don't want to risk losing it. I also wouldn't give more money to Bethesda unless they let Obsidian do Fallout 5, but I digress.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

Fingers of Fury posted:

Thanks FNV4GB for screwing me for not buying this game twice. New Vegas is a good enough game to buy twice but by the time I realized I could use some more ram I already sunk 10 hours into a save file and I don't want to risk losing it. I also wouldn't give more money to Bethesda unless they let Obsidian do Fallout 5, but I digress.

What exactly are you talking about?

Okimin
Dec 19, 2009

rebel rebel

Fingers of Fury posted:

Are you having a stroke

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So I am missing cell interiors. They have literally vanished from the game. Half of HELIOS 1 (can't enter the back courtyard after meeting Mr Fantastic and clipping through the fence I can't seem to get into the tower as door cell doesn't exist either)

One of the bunkers in Hidden Valley seems to be missing it's interior too, and the final part of New Vegas Bounties where The Judges Bunker interior also seems to have sudden vanished. It is getting quite annoying, here have my load order and give me suggestions goons!

quote:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
More Perks.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
Companion Core.esm
RobCo Certified.esm
Novac Public Library.esm
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
SaxxonsQuestPack.esm
jomoxxi.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
PhoenixPoint.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
dD-More Gore.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
TheLozza's_Gasmasks.esp
Lee Enfield No1 MK I Rifles.esp
AG Melee Mods.esp
Laurens_Bathroom_poetry.esp
bzArmour.esp
bzBodySuits.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
More Perks Update.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
nu_women_of_the_wasteland.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Fellout.esp
RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp
RaestlozPCIdles.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
JustAnArmorPack_NV.esp
ADAM - MAIN.esp
ADAM - HH.esp
ADAM - NCR Patrol Armour.esp
ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp
Realistic Equip Sounds.esp
MAC.esp
Action for Men NV.esp
CourierCacheWSE.esp
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
Better Burned Man.esp
Improved Sound FX - DM.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Machienzo-RadioNewVegasFixv11.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH.esp
Improved Sound FX - HH Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - OWB Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
CPRadiostation.esp
Improved Sound FX - LR Sharing Fix.esp
TG Blackwidow type3.esp
OldWorldRadio.esp
Ravishing Sin.esp
RadioMayak.esp
made_in_heaven.esp
T6M Competition Swimsuit NV.esp
ScottmackWeaponPack.esp
Ephemeral Ash and Goo Piles.esp
Jswords4sale.esp
Jswords4saleDMGPlus5.esp
Unique Items & Collectables.esp
NCRTrooperOverhaul.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
Road Warrior's Armor.esp
Brotherhood and House Alliance.esp
SalvagedCourierDLC04.esp
updatedWearGlassesandMasks.esp
Blck_Fx NV-- Add Casque M1.esp
MoraelinsProfessionalsSuitMod.esp
jodragongirl.esp
Tribal T-51b Helmet.esp
Sunglasses Shipment.esp
Sunglasses Shipment - Merchant.esp
Sunglasses Shipment - Four Eyes.esp
REJill.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
Lonesome Road Fix.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
factions reloaded followers.esp
CNR_Beta.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
Ww2K98.esp
XP_Slower_10.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
General's Uniform.esp
DP28.esp
Dead Money - No Collar Explosion and No Poison Cloud.esp

Total active plugins: 110
Total plugins: 156

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Ddraig posted:

First of all, get CASM, and disable the game's autosaving features. CASM seems to handle saves better, and you will definitely get corrupted saves if you use the ingame system, particularly on a modded game.

Then use the New Vegas Anti-Crash NVSE plugin. This actually works, I've played through the game multiple times and I think I've had maybe one crash and i'm pretty sure even that was fixed.

Get it here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/

Just a question, but it says to put this mod in your NVSE folder. I downloaded NVSE and put the .dll and .exe files in my New Vegas folder, should I just create a NVSE folder in the same area and put the anti-crash dl in there?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Fingers of Fury posted:

They asked if I understood theoretical physics... I said I have a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Just a question, but it says to put this mod in your NVSE folder. I downloaded NVSE and put the .dll and .exe files in my New Vegas folder, should I just create a NVSE folder in the same area and put the anti-crash dl in there?

In your Data folder, create a folder named "NVSE" if there isn't one already, and inside that one make another called "Plugins". Put the DLL in the plugins folder.

SeanBeansShako posted:

So I am missing cell interiors. They have literally vanished from the game. Half of HELIOS 1 (can't enter the back courtyard after meeting Mr Fantastic and clipping through the fence I can't seem to get into the tower as door cell doesn't exist either)

One of the bunkers in Hidden Valley seems to be missing it's interior too, and the final part of New Vegas Bounties where The Judges Bunker interior also seems to have sudden vanished. It is getting quite annoying, here have my load order and give me suggestions goons!

There's a limit of the amount of plugins you can load at any given time that's pretty much a large flaw in the engine. It's different for most people. It could be that you've reached that limit. Going past this can result in weird situations like textures appearing corrupted or even missing interiors.

Try disabling/enabling non-essential mods to see if it is this, as it should be fairly easy to troubleshoot. If it is this, then you can merge plugins using this guide:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Merging_Plugins

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 25, 2014

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It looks like I might have to try that.

EDIT: Reducing and literally turning off most of my mods plug in's really have no effect. This is stupid.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 26, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

It looks like I might have to try that.

EDIT: Reducing and literally turning off most of my mods plug in's really have no effect. This is stupid.

Maybe a dumb question, but have you had Steam verify the integrity of your cache? You should do this anyway, since it takes a few seconds and can't really hurt. Then, use the "binary" method of disabling modules to see if it's related to a specific mod (i.e. disable half of your entire list of mods, see if the problem persists, exit, repeat until you narrow down the culprit).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh I have tried believe me. Some file is corrupt, it says it is going to fix it.

Then nothing happens. I don't even have that much mods :smith:. I'm going to basically turn off all my mods and do the old fashioned launch game close game and see if that works.

This really sucks now as half of Hoover Dam is also blocked off to me. That is pretty much a serious game killer with the main quests.

The funny thing is, all these places have the pre-war bunker/utility models and textures associated with them.

Everything else is fine and dandy in the Mojave.

EDIT: OH BOY, IT CRASHES WHEN I TURN OFF ALL THE MODS. I hate this game engine so much.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 26, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I decided to try Beyond Boulder Dome and :catstare:

They obviously put a lot of effort into it, but it's the details that kill it for me. The most threatening enemy I've encountered have been mutant cannibals. I guess they're supposed to be intimidating, as I found a Shack Town where the entire population were eaten by them, and this one old duffer wants you to look and make sure his friend is OK (surprise surprise he's dead and a cannibal is eating him)

They just look and sound so loving goofy. I'm guessing they're supposed to be new enemies but they just look like tunnelers that have had virtually all intimidating characteristics removed and given a cartoon voice. I also encountered a mutant cat that looked like it had been ripped straight from Stalker, but with terrible textures.

The "coolest" thing I found was the jury-rigged recon ghouls because those do look rather neat, even though it's largely thanks to the textures I'm using for ghouls.

Plus it has the most absurdly racist Chinese accents, even for Fallout standards.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh I have tried believe me. Some file is corrupt, it says it is going to fix it.

Then nothing happens. I don't even have that much mods :smith:. I'm going to basically turn off all my mods and do the old fashioned launch game close game and see if that works.

This really sucks now as half of Hoover Dam is also blocked off to me. That is pretty much a serious game killer with the main quests.

The funny thing is, all these places have the pre-war bunker/utility models and textures associated with them.

Everything else is fine and dandy in the Mojave.

EDIT: OH BOY, IT CRASHES WHEN I TURN OFF ALL THE MODS. I hate this game engine so much.

It crashes when you do what? Try to load an old save? That's not too surprising, really. If it's suddenly crashing when you try to even start the game, that's different. Honestly, I would install a quickstart mod (one that starts you past Doc Mitchell's tedious opening), go through the "binary" method of eliminating mods, and COC to the areas that are giving you problems. That would probably be the quickest way to figure out what is going on.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'll give it a go, but it is getting to the point where nuking it all and starting again with just the basic improvement mods seems like an easier process to me.

It still is going to be irritating even with the quick start mod because I need to find one of the structures with the missing interior cells. I wish this was just a basic mod issue now gently caress.

EDIT: Action For Men was causing issues, sadly I cannot have my hilarious Vintage Cheesecake Collection as it breaks the main quest line. That darn smut.

It looks like though even without it removed my save is still boned so I guess I have to start again. I was 40 hours in drat you novelty vault mods!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 26, 2014

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I reinstalled New Vegas on a new PC I built and I'm having an issue I've never had before.

I always use rePopulated Wasteland and Military Expansion, and now the added NPCs are not moving. They're just clumped together in groups and do nothing but stand in a bunch in one spot.

Anyone encountered this before???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Ddraig posted:

So I decided to try Beyond Boulder Dome and :catstare:

They obviously put a lot of effort into it, but it's the details that kill it for me. The most threatening enemy I've encountered have been mutant cannibals. I guess they're supposed to be intimidating, as I found a Shack Town where the entire population were eaten by them, and this one old duffer wants you to look and make sure his friend is OK (surprise surprise he's dead and a cannibal is eating him)

They just look and sound so loving goofy. I'm guessing they're supposed to be new enemies but they just look like tunnelers that have had virtually all intimidating characteristics removed and given a cartoon voice. I also encountered a mutant cat that looked like it had been ripped straight from Stalker, but with terrible textures.

The "coolest" thing I found was the jury-rigged recon ghouls because those do look rather neat, even though it's largely thanks to the textures I'm using for ghouls.

Plus it has the most absurdly racist Chinese accents, even for Fallout standards.

I tried it out just recently too, and I think I agree with everything you said there. That bit with the Chinese ghouls at the start is a bit weird; that whole prologue section doesn't really need to be there, and makes very little sense (even in the often sort-of-goofy Fallout universe).

The mod does improve as it goes on, though. More interesting characters and environments, better art, etc.

There were still some rough spots, like a bit where you need to kill everything in an area to progress, but the area is a samey maze and it's easy to miss a group of enemies in a random cul-de-sac. There was also a part where I had to kill a particular NPC and take something from them, but I had already killed them earlier and ended up having to use the console to resurrect them then kill them again, to get the item to spawn and the quest to progress properly. It also felt a bit rocks fall, everyone dies towards the end.

Overall I was impressed, though. It would have been a gargantuan amount of work, and it really does feel similar to the official story DLC packs in terms of volume of content.